Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430&st=315 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:56:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corporate "worship" At 3abn, The Shelton Gang Rides Again!
Clay
post Feb 11 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #316

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 11 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]177401[/snapback]

I am tired of people hijacking threads too, rehashing their same favorite points topic after topic. I would like to do a better job of merging and splitting topics to keep this from happening, put there are only some many hours in the day I can devote to BSDA.

agreed... we are editing as needed.... it is interesting that those hijacking threads are from the danny apologists camp moreso than those questioning danny's actions... that fact speaks volumes in my opinion.... usually when there is alot of misdirection its because folks have something to hide... dunno.gif Like you I am not trying to spend every waking moment monitoring some of the foolishness here..

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 11 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #317

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 11 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]177422[/snapback]

Fantastic idea. the only problem is that it won't work.

Ralph, I believe it can work if we just say no.....

And that means ignore the off post topic. We are here to discuss. Unless we have first hand knowledge I do not think we need to defend anyone who is at the heart of these discussions.

Let the admins deal with the inappropriate posts. Bring it to their attention in a PM if you want but everyone should not feel they need to ride in on the proverbial white horse (and this applies to me as well).

I know the admins are doing all they can to monitor and I thank them for their efforts.

off soapbox
nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 11 2007, 02:28 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 11 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #318

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 11 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]177422[/snapback]

Fantastic idea. the only problem is that it won't work. I do wish that there was a way of saving a number of threads from being hijacked.

Actually it would work, because you will see NOTHING from those on your ignore list. None of their comments, no smileys etc. Thus the conversations we had before these people entered in, can go on without further disruptions. smile.gif

All one can do is "try" it for a while. If one does not feel it works for them, kewl but as for me, I can live without seeing the foolishness they bring up. The admin can see and determine what is acceptable or not. yes.gif And, anyone who wants to read one of their posts can click the option to read it, or continue to ignore it. spoton.gif It's just something to consider.

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 11 2007, 02:39 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 11 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #319

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I have no doubt that Danny knew the real reason...he wanted out, and long before the DR. came along to become the scapegoat. What he caused others to think, in his "way", is also known by God too. If you create grounds to re-marry, is that the same??

It is obvious that there were REAL problems in this marriage before the Dr. was in the picture. If not how would Linda fall so easily, if she did? How could Dany give up so easily? I know they say he "tried" but come on how long did he really try? Did he give her space or try to pressure her to come back? If he loved her and their marriage was so great before didn't he think this was strange behavior from her? Maybe his ego couldn't take the blow? I cannot get past the fact that he moved on so quickly...It was a 20 year marriage after all, how long did this play out? What I can see it all happened within months, not nearly long enough for a Christian marriage to try to work itself out. I don't care what Linda did or said Danny did not act anymore Christian than she did. It is embarrasing to think they both called themselves Christian and behaved this way.

All of this is over, but the thing that bothers me now is how the 3ABN crew are reponding to all of this. It is sad to think that when people in India turn 3ABN on this is the trash they hear instead of the gospel. If they want to "fight" the rumors do it on the message boards. Why don't they just lay it all on the line and stop all of the rumors. Let the "world" judge it for what it is? They have trashed Linda with all of their innuendos so if they have proof how much worse can it get?

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #320

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 11 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]177440[/snapback]

Actually it would work, because you will se NOTHING from those on your ignore list. None of their comments, no smileys etc. Thus the conversations we had before these people entered in, can go on without further disruptions.

All one can do is "try" it for a while. If one does not feel it works for them, kewl but as for me, I can live without seeing the foolishness they bring up. The admin can see and determine what is acceptable or not. yes.gif And, anyone who wants to read one of their posts can click the option to read it, or continue to ignore it. spoton.gif It's just something to consider.

Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong. I know that there is an "ignore" in some chat rooms, but I didn't see any ignore function on this board.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 11 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #321

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 11 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]177446[/snapback]

Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong. I know that there is an "ignore" in some chat rooms, but I didn't see any ignore function on this board.

Ralph, I never though that this function would be there, but after reading your post I went to "My control panel", or something like that and found the function to ignore posts by certain users that you can set. I just did it, and I'm going to see if it works. smile.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 11 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #322

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]177367[/snapback]

Well. I'm not WWJD, but I want to ask the same question, why bring Elder Finley in on this? I understand the you ,Duane, are pastoring a Baptist church now, is this so?

No, it isn't.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 11 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #323

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

The ignore function works nicely. I'm so glad. If you'd like to try, it's very easy. Just go to "My controls". On the left, down, there is "Manage ignored users", more or less. You click on that one and follow the instructions. Wonderful! smile.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 11 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #324

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

That dog won't hunt here, wwjd. As much talking as Danny has done the passed 2 1/2 years, if he knew it, it he was telling it. He should have just said adultery from the beginning. He has not trying to save Linda's reputation. You guys really need to go back and read the stuff that is posted here. Please don't try to make Danny the victim.

Please work on your comprehension skills, wwjd. Inga knows about the case in IL was to determine the validity of the Guam divorce, as does everyone. Everyone also knows that Danny married Brandi before the ink dried from that judgement. Stop trying to cloud issues.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 10 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]177243[/snapback]

The board referred to spiritual adultery for Linda's sake. They felt it would give her a better chance to move on and make some things right without marring her reputation further. You are very wrong when you state that the board/Danny said they knew she did not commit physical adultery. They never ever said she did not. When the marriage broke up, not for 1 minute in time did Danny think they were divorcing because of "spiritual" adultery. If that is where a lot of confusion on this forum comes, in, please don't lose a minute more of sleep on the subject. Danny knew what he knew and so did others. He knows and God knows he had grounds to remarry. As soon as the divorce was final, guess who went to Norway, alone, without her son. A copy of a ticket is no problem to get. And guess who she ask to take her to the airport and help her get her things situated for international flying? Danny. Guess who took her? Danny. Guess who tried to talk her out of going all the way there? Guess whether it worked or not. It didn't. And while I am on the subject, Inga said he was married within days of the divorce, I proved different as to when the guam divorce was final. Inga said she meant the Illinois divorce. There should have been no suit for an Illinois divorce. As proven when the courts considered the matter. The judge decreed that the guam divorce was 100% legal.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 11 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #325

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 11 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]177457[/snapback]

The ignore function works nicely. I'm so glad. Wonderful! smile.gif

i haven't used it yet.... i don't ignore any guns ablazing here... i skim their post and go on... not gonna raise my blood pressure dealing with them... BTJM...

but i would like to add my testimony of what i saw when aletheia first arrived here and used the shoutbox two or three times... each time she was ignored... no one answered her...
and she quit using it... never tried again...

so IMO if everyone who comes with guns ablazing would NEVER receive even one response, they would quit posting...

IMO no one, NO ONE, here needs to defend what they say or have already said.

when attacked, Jesus "opened not His mouth." we can do likewise yes.gif

IMHO

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #326

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

[quote name='PrincessDrRe' date='Feb 10 2007, 10:24 PM' post='177212']
All I keep asking for is the "proof"...the "real deal" that would seal this and end it.

I WANT PROOF!
[/quote

Yes and yes and yes, their is proof. Why has it not been given to you and sera, and inga....Simple. Who are you and what part do you play in these events. You are jane and john does, that basically have nothing to do with the situation. Most of you do not know the people involved and have never even been to the the 3abn facility. You get on this forum and hash and rehash, repeat, what you have HEARD, as truth, and tell little parts of stories that change the whole meaning.

Now, why I ask you, why would you be "entitled" to proof of anything? You play no valid or credible part in what happened or what is happening. If shown "proof" what decisions are you authorized to make? Already comments have been made here about "doctoring" tapes and "airbrushing" pictures. Ludicrous. You would continue your accusations of the credibility of the proof shown, and go right back to making the same old unfounded allegations.
You demand proof? Get real.
On the other side of the coin where is yours. The televangelist trash? Please read my other posts about the lied told there on Goldie and Tommy Shelton whom I personally knew for close to 50 years. I was a first hand, up close, witness to their lives and would willingly testify in a court of law to the lies that were put in that garbage. That was one of many.

Why will they be shown if the need arises? Because their opinions count, their advice counts, and the decisions that will be made with "said proof" count.

[quote name='roxe' post='177468' date='Feb 11 2007, 03:31 PM']
i haven't used it yet.... i don't ignore any guns ablazing here... i skim their post and go on... not gonna raise my blood pressure dealing with them... BTJM...

but i would like to add my testimony of what i saw when aletheia first arrived here and used the shoutbox two or three times... each time she was ignored... no one answered her...
and she quit using it... never tried again...

so IMO if everyone who comes with guns ablazing would NEVER receive even one response, they would quit posting...

IMO no one, NO ONE, here needs to defend what they say or have already said.

when attacked, Jesus "opened not His mouth." we can do likewise yes.gif

IMHO
[/quote]

You are the ones doing the "attacking" and with nothing to go on.

edited for content....... continue attacking members here wwjd and your comments will continue to be severely edited.... stick to the issues....

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 11 2007, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #327

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

[quote name='wwjd' post='177473' date='Feb 11 2007, 01:52 PM']
You are the ones doing the "attacking" and with nothing to go on.

WWJD,

The proof should not have tobe asked for at this point, it should be offered so that it can clearly be shown that 3ABN has nothing to hid.

Secondly you totally ignored the the whole TommyS. thing, WHY?

Erik

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 11 2007, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #328

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 11 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]177460[/snapback]

That dog won't hunt here, wwjd. As much talking as Danny has done the passed 2 1/2 years, if he knew it, it he was telling it. He should have just said adultery from the beginning. He has not trying to save Linda's reputation. You guys really need to go back and read the stuff that is posted here. Please don't try to make Danny the victim.

Please work on your comprehension skills, wwjd. Inga knows about the case in IL was to determine the validity of the Guam divorce, as does everyone. Everyone also knows that Danny married Brandi before the ink dried from that judgement. Stop trying to cloud issues.

Maybe your comprehension skills could use some sharpening. Since Linda signed the guam papers, in aggreeance and that divorce was legal and valid there was no need to challenge the validity of the guam divorce except for one reason. If the divorce from guam wasn't legal, then she would be entitled to 1/2 of any income that danny would have had for all the time, up until, the judgement was made as to whether the guam divorce was legal. The attorneys for Danny had already went over it with a fine tooth comb and declared the guam papers 100% legal and final. Why then, would he worry about Linda challenging a divorce that was already 100% legal. All that did, in the end, was cost her legal fees for dragging something in that should have never been challenged in the first place. Sometimes greed can get in the way of common sense. The divorce was final when Guam said it was final, and there would be no reason to make any decisions otherwise.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #329

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]177479[/snapback]

Maybe your comprehension skills could use some sharpening. Since Linda signed the guam papers, in aggreeance and that divorce was legal and valid there was no need to challenge the validity of the guam divorce except for one reason. If the divorce from guam wasn't legal, then she would be entitled to 1/2 of any income that danny would have had for all the time, up until, the judgement was made as to whether the guam divorce was legal. The attorneys for Danny had already went over it with a fine tooth comb and declared the guam papers 100% legal and final. Why then, would he worry about Linda challenging a divorce that was already 100% legal. All that did, in the end, was cost her legal fees for dragging something in that should have never been challenged in the first place. Sometimes greed can get in the way of common sense. The divorce was final when Guam said it was final, and there would be no reason to make any decisions otherwise.

WWJD,

Greed can run both directions.

Erik

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #330

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 10 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]177215[/snapback]

I agree, where is the proof? I want the proof, too. Why doesn't Bystander bring the evidence here, for everyone to see? Because there is none. All he has produced so far is empty allegations and innuendos.

Sister

Go right ahead and think that if it gives you peace of mind. But, we both know, you know better.

This post has been edited by wwjd: Feb 11 2007, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church