Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430&st=345 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:56:28 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corporate "worship" At 3abn, The Shelton Gang Rides Again!
Clay
post Feb 12 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #346

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 12 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]177581[/snapback]

Wrong all the way around. Fact is I am sure that most of the defenders on here came to the conclusion a long time ago that no matter what minds would not be changed here. That is not why I post and I doubt it is why other defenders post.
We post so that lurkers might hear and see a different side on the accusations made here. That they might get an idea who is behind all the allegations and that they will see clearly what goes on here.

do you get dizzy from all that spinning you do?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 12 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #347

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]177509[/snapback]

Let me just say this about Brandi. She may be the first lady of 3ABN or however you put it, but she most certainly does not act like it. Trust me, this is a big plus for her. She is kind and considerate and truly cares about others and their needs. She is attracted by the camera and the attention that it brings , rather she is content to be a wife in the truest senses of the word. She cooks, cleans, buys groceries, even helps clean out horse stalls, because she loves horses. She is kind and attentive to employees many of which are her friends that she made from working there. It is one thing to put on a facade in front of a camera. It is another when your treatment of others truly reflects that it is, a facade. Brandi shows by her kind and thoughtful acts to others what she is made of.

WWJD, is that what you meant to say?

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Feb 12 2007, 10:44 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #348

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 12 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]177629[/snapback]

So how can you have a view of what is discussed on here when you have not read all the posts...

Think Edgar Bergen...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 12 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #349

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 12 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]177669[/snapback]

WWJD, is that what you meant to say?

I think WWJD is getting careless again in his/her/their wording....

And luckers, make sure you note what passive agressive behavior is. http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Passi...essive_behavior

Brandi may or may not be all those things, but I could swear I sensed another jab at someone in that comment....hmmm, who would that be....hmm.....

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 12 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #350

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 10 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]177243[/snapback]

The board referred to spiritual adultery for Linda's sake. They felt it would give her a better chance to move on and make some things right without marring her reputation further.

If the above is true, that the board really wanted Linda to move on... why has Dan and John Lomacang been blocking her attempts at ministry? Linda was scheduled to speak at Barb Kerr's church when it was discovered John Lomacang had spoken to her pastor and discouraged him to the point that they backed out of the invitation.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 12 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #351

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]177473[/snapback]

You are the ones...
edited for content....... continue attacking members here wwjd and your comments will continue to be severely edited.... stick to the issues....

Son...anyway, Sera has not asked for proof. Having agreed with those who have is not asking. But in any event, keep up the Charlie McCarthy act, it is most telling. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 12 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #352

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

SSoM,

Can you identify specific instances where this happened, other than Barb Kerr's church? Can you name churches she was kept out of and the dates she was blocked from being involved in ministry? What about her stated leading from God that she was to start a production studio? Did anyone get in the way of that?

Linda was part of services at Thayer Seventh-day Adventist Church (click HERE). The article (click HERE) was posted in January '06 and it indicates Linda will be there in April of, I assume '06). So she is obviously making the rounds to some degree.

This accusation has been made before and I have yet to see solid evidence that it is the case. Have Danny and/or Pastor Lomacang ever made calls in advance of Linda's appearing or have the local Pastors been the ones to contact 3ABN with questions about Linda appearing? To simply state that Danny and Pastor Lomacang have been blocking attempts by Linda to develop a ministry and a ministry network - without any sort of explanation that offers proof seems rather weak.

In the case of Barb Kerr's church, did her pastor make the call to Pastor Lomacang? Did Pastor Lomacang answer questions? Did he threaten the pastor? It seems to me that after the upheaval surrounding the divorce and the rumors that abounded that any pastor would do their due diligence and ask some questions. Now, the next thing would be what where the questions and what were Pastor Lomacang's answers. With that kind of information someone can make a case and others can make a reasoned and logical decision.

- FHB

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 12 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]177678[/snapback]

If the above is true, that the board really wanted Linda to move on... why has Dan and John Lomacang been blocking her attempts at ministry? Linda was scheduled to speak at Barb Kerr's church when it was discovered John Lomacang had spoken to her pastor and discouraged him to the point that they backed out of the invitation.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Feb 12 2007, 02:19 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 12 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #353

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Linda had to fellowship for a while with a black church in the black conference... why?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 12 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #354

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Clay,

That's a good question. I do not have an answer for you. I do know what I have heard and read in regards to Linda wanting her membership transferred - how much of that is truth and how much is embellishment I am not sure.

I do know from personal experience that when one is newly divorced taking part in church is difficult, especially if members of the church knew both spouses. Adventist churchs, I have discovered are not real warm and friendly places in that type of circumstance. However, one finds a way and continues on with their spiritual journey.

I am glad she found a church that would welcome her in, it is a testament to their spirit.

- FHB

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 12 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]177715[/snapback]

Linda had to fellowship for a while with a black church in the black conference... why?

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #355

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 12 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]177721[/snapback]

Clay,

That's a good question. I do not have an answer for you. I do know what I have heard and read in regards to Linda wanting her membership transferred - how much of that is truth and how much is embellishment I am not sure.

I do know from personal experience that when one is newly divorced taking part in church is difficult, especially if members of the church knew both spouses. Adventist churchs, I have discovered are not real warm and friendly places in that type of circumstance. However, one finds a way and continues on with their spiritual journey.

I am glad she found a church that would welcome her in, it is a testament to their spirit.

- FHB

And of course the fact that her ex-husband and his employees calling churches and telling them she's a scarlet woman and they should not have her there... and having the conference president who is the ultimate arbiter of where and when her membership can be transferred as participant of the process to paint her as patently wicked and exceeding sinful had nothing to do with her being shunned like a leper with AIDS whatsoever, right? Nor did ASI cutting off funding for Lay Ministries that would not cut her off like Polly's Place?

Absent evidence to the contrary, a bunch of folk were complicit in trying to grind her into powder. It wasn't enough that she was no longer at 3ABN and no longer married to Danny... he did his level best to destroy her... to isolate her from the church, to intimidate her friends, etc... this was a planned beat down with the intent of leaving her on the side of the road for dead.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 12 2007, 03:06 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #356

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 12 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]177721[/snapback]

Clay,

- FHB

And of course the fact that her ex-husband and his employees calling churches and telling them she's a scarlet woman and they should not have her there... and having the conference president who is the ultimate arbiter of where and when her membership can be transferred as participant of the process to paint her as patently wicked and exceeding sinful had nothing to do with her being shunned like a leper with AIDS whatsoever, right? Nor did ASI cutting off funding for Lay Ministries that would not cut her off like Polly's Place?

Absent evidence to the contrary, a bunch of folk were complicit in trying to grind her into powder. It wasn't enough that she was no longer at 3ABN and no longer married to Danny... he did his level best to destroy her... to isolate her from the church, to intimidate her friends, etc... this was a planned beat down with the intent of leaving her on the side of the road for dead.

Unfortunately, it is also a testament to the spirit of those who shunned her...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 12 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #357

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 12 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]177715[/snapback]

Linda not only was, but she still is and is enjoying the great fellowship in that black church. In America you often find the greatest warmth, honesty, and genuine Christianity in the Black churches.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 12 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]177712[/snapback]

- - -
This accusation has been made before and I have yet to see solid evidence that it is the case. - -
- - - FHB

Honstly, Fallible, did you ever try to make arrangements for Linda and experience the problems yourself?

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 12 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]177685[/snapback]

Son...anyway, Sera has not asked for proof. Having agreed with those who have is not asking. But in any event, keep up the Charlie McCarthy act, it is most telling. yes.gif

Do you recall the story of the rabbit that was running as fast as it could. Someone asked the rabbit why?

- I am trying to get away from Joseph McCarthy.

- But you are not a communist!

- That's true, but I don't have a document to prove it!

Do you find similarities in these discussions?

I had to edit this because I was back in the 1950-ies when I was young, recalling another McCarthy.

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 12 2007, 04:42 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 12 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #358

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 12 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]177715[/snapback]

Clay, Linda still fellowships in a black church in the black conference, they took her in and she is a member there now.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 12 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #359

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 12 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]177743[/snapback]

Clay, Linda still fellowships in a black church in the black conference, they took her in and she is a member there now.

Praise the Lord, Someone did the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Pro Danny crowd even if Linda is guilty has a lump of coal she should not have been denied access to the church.

Erik

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 12 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #360

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 12 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]177721[/snapback]

Clay,

- FHB

FHB, for what it's worth, a young man in my church thought he had the go-ahead to invite Linda to speak in our church late this last year. When he started making the arrangements he discovered that the pastor had not given the formal invitation and was not going to allow it. The reason? He felt our local church should stay neutral in the saga.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church