Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430&st=330 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:56:26 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corporate "worship" At 3abn, The Shelton Gang Rides Again!
Panama_Pete
post Feb 11 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #331

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 11 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]177475[/snapback]

WWJD,
Secondly you totally ignored the the whole TommyS. thing, WHY?
Erik

How can they mention Tommy if they cannot point fingers at Linda as being the cause of "the whole TommyS thing."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Feb 11 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #332

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

It would seem to me that if DS and 3abn were so upset that false allegations were being broadcast internationally via internet, it would be most effective to just post all of thier proof right here where it will prove the allegations wrong. I must admit that I have not read every thread and every argument, but I did read the pinned material and have been following the threads fairly closely lately, and the longer it is played out it becomes more and more evident that the essence of the allegations are true. Perhaps not every detail, but the 3abn defenders have never offerred anything that would make me doubt the substance of the allegations.

I have also been impressed by the rather ineptness and apparant lack of maturity of the defenders, who mostly offer insults rather than any information that would help clear up what they claim are false allegations. They are certainly not helping Danny's cause in my opinion.

If those folks are Danny's friends, he doesn't need any enemies. Of course I recall that people who have known him for a long time say he is his own worst enemy.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Feb 11 2007, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #333

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Feb 11 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]177501[/snapback]

It would seem to me that if DS and 3abn were so upset that false allegations were being broadcast internationally via internet, it would be most effective to just post all of thier proof right here where it will prove the allegations wrong. I must admit that I have not read every thread and every argument, but I did read the posted material and have been following the threads fairly closely lately, and the longer it is played out it becomes more and more evident that the essence of the allegations are true. Perhaps not every detail, but the 3abn defenders have never offerred anything that would make me doubt the substance of the allegations.

Please read my explanation of why proof is not offered here and who it would be offered to, if requested, in another thread.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Feb 11 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #334

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]177502[/snapback]

Please read my explanation of why proof is not offered here and who it would be offered to, if requested, in another thread.

I read your quote, that's what prompted my post. If that is your only reason for not offering proof, then either you are willing to cut off your nose to spite your face, or you have no proof.

Remember, it is the "John and Jane Does" ie. the "nobodys" who send in thier $ that are paying your salary. They are the ones who are demanding some believable answers or some major changes.

There are a few people who post here and many people who read the material and never post, and the number will only continue to grow. Time is not on Danny's side.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Feb 11 2007, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Feb 11 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #335

Member No.: 2,913

I was a very loyal 3ABN viewer for many years. I actually liked Danny better than Linda, I liked him because he was or seemed more down to earth. When all of this mess started I couldn't believe it, still can't. I have been to 3ABN several times, each time I left a little more disappointed, I guess I saw the people for what they are, just people like everybody else. I wasn't "star struck" I just thought it was nice to see people that I thought were living for Christ. And had dedicated their lives. The more I was around the more I noticed some of the the people were not focused on Christ.

They seemed to have the "I" complex. Look what I have written, listen to how I can sing etc. The last time we went when I left I could not see me ever returning there. It was a sad day for me.

I do not know what Linda, Tommy or Danny has done. None of us may ever know the truth until Jesus comes. That is not my mission, I do have a curiosity which is why I read here, hoping to find something that can explain all of this to me. I have written Danny and Walt Thompson on several occasions. They have both been very nice to me, but there is just something missing to me in their explanation.

What I have learned from all of this is I believe Jesus' coming is sooner than many of us realize. Other than Christ we cannot put our trust in anything or anyone. I wish somehow the truth would come out on all of this so there could be some kind of closure.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #336

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lurker @ Feb 11 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]177318[/snapback]

I'm sorry you feel that Brandy should not be the focus, Observer, perhaps you feel her role in all this should not be questioned at all. I was told that Brandy had become a Christian before she came to 3ABN. Not a Seventh-day Adventist but a Christian. Wwjd said that she had biblical grounds for divorce. Don't you think that if this is true it shows her and Danny to have a better right to marry than if wwjd had said "lets not look into this". I wouldn't have asked about this if her divorce hadn't been just before wwjd said that she appeared at 3ABN.

I certainly never said her baptism was a fraud. She may very well truly be converted. Dr Arild Abrahamsen should not be the focus of a discussion about Linda's behavior either but you can't talk about Linda's behavior and not discuss him at all either. I was also told in late February 2005 that Danny had a new girlfriend who he was buying furniture for and who he was helping buy a car. Wwjd says they began dating months after Nov 11. This appears to be

Her divorce final Oct 14 2004
Mid to late October 2004 Brandy's mother calls 3ABN about Brandy
Wwjd says she arrived at 3ABN November 11 2004
Late February 2005 "Danny has a girlfriend" and is helping her in a major way.

I will address one at a time. Arild should not be brought into this? He must be. That relationship happened while Linda was married to Danny.

You were told in Feb 05. that danny had a new girlfriend that he was buying furniture for. Because you were "told" that does not make it true. If he was dating her in February who could possibly "know" that he was helping her pay for a car or furniture? No one. That would again be assumed by someone who seen that she had a different car, or seen or heard some furniture arriving at her residence, (if that even happened at all.) No one could possibly be privy to receipts, checks, credit card statements ect ect to "know" if Danny was paying or helping pay for anything. So again, those rumors shouldn't even come into play. Whenever they went from friends to dating isn't really important anyway since Danny/Linda's legal and valid divorce was final in june of 04. So, the dates show the relationship began much later than the divorce so why do people on here just keep trying to throw dirt where there is non.
Let me just say this about Brandi. She may be the first lady of 3ABN or however you put it, but she most certainly does not act like it. Trust me, this is a big plus for her. She is kind and considerate and truly cares about others and their needs. She is attracted by the camera and the attention that it brings, rather she is content to be a wife in the truest senses of the word. She cooks, cleans, buys groceries, even helps clean out horse stalls, because she loves horses. She is kind and attentive to employees many of which are her friends that she made from working there. It is one thing to put on a facade in front of a camera. It is another when your treatment of others truly reflects that it is, a facade. Brandi shows by her kind and thoughtful acts to others what she is made of.

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 11 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]177508[/snapback]

I have written Danny and Walt Thompson on several occasions. They have both been very nice to me, but there is just something missing to me in their explanation.

What I have learned from all of this is I believe Jesus' coming is sooner than many of us realize. Other than Christ we cannot put our trust in anything or anyone. I wish somehow the truth would come out on all of this so there could be some kind of closure.

Your post was thought provoking as far as, that we should never look to men (or women) as our example. All sin and come short...no one is perfect...

As far as your statement that something was missing from their explanations, that again, backs up what I and others have said repeatedly. The full explanation is given as little as possible so as not to hurt reputations any further than they are forced to.
When you know the whole story from beginning to end, there are no "missing pieces" or things that don't add up. It is clear concise and just. People and their rumors and speculations and unfounded accusations are the ones that have muddied the waters surrounding the whole divorce.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 11 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #337

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]177473[/snapback]

SNIP
Now, why I ask you, why would you be "entitled" to proof of anything? You play no valid or credible part in what happened or what is happening. If shown "proof" what decisions are you authorized to make?
SNIP

Perhaps the best reason to post your proof here, even though you think those of us here don't count, would be to have both sides fully represented for those who come here wondering if truth can be found.

Danny is, after all, drawing attention to this forum quite a lot and I'm certain many who are curious may visit. Wouldn't it be wise to have your proof here for them to weigh?

On the other side of the coin where is yours. The televangelist trash? Please read my other posts about the lied told there on Goldie and Tommy Shelton whom I personally knew for close to 50 years. I was a first hand, up close, witness to their lives and would willingly testify in a court of law to the lies that were put in that garbage. That was one of many.

Are you saying here that the allegations against Tommy Shelton are false? That Duane, Roger and Brad are lying? That the mothers whose testimonies appear on save3abn.com who have discovered their sons were abused/molested by Tommy Shelton are lying?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #338

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]177509[/snapback]

----
It is clear concise and just.

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #339

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 11 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]177515[/snapback]

Perhaps the best reason to post your proof here, even though you think those of us here don't count, would be to have both sides fully represented for those who come here wondering if truth can be found.

Danny is, after all, drawing attention to this forum quite a lot and I'm certain many who are curious may visit. Wouldn't it be wise to have your proof here for them to weigh?
Are you saying here that the allegations against Tommy Shelton are false? That Duane, Roger and Brad are lying? That the mothers whose testimonies appear on save3abn.com who have discovered their sons were abused/molested by Tommy Shelton are lying?

You seem to be one track on that issue. The subject was Danny/Linda, the divorce and 3abn part. Where is any proof for all the accusations made against the board, Danny, Brandi and whatever else has been slung?

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Feb 11 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #340

Member No.: 2,913

[As far as your statement that something was missing from their explanations, that again, backs up what I and others have said repeatedly. The full explanation is given as little as possible so as not to hurt reputations any further than they are forced to.
When you know the whole story from beginning to end, there are no "missing pieces" or things that don't add up. It is clear concise and just. People and their rumors and speculations and unfounded accusations are the ones that have muddied the waters surrounding the whole divorce.
[/quote]

WWJD, Can you tell me why does Danny, Shelly, Mollie and John keep bringing up the "defense" on the live programs? It is quite a turn off. It is like they are raising Danny up rather than Christ. It is sad to me to the point I can no longer watch.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 11 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #341

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]177517[/snapback]

You seem to be one track on that issue. The subject was Danny/Linda, the divorce and 3abn part. Where is any proof for all the accusations made against the board, Danny, Brandi and whatever else has been slung?

Yes, that is the issue that I am most involved in. You brought up the Tommy allegations in your post. You said:

On the other side of the coin where is yours. The televangelist trash? Please read my other posts about the lied told there on Goldie and Tommy Shelton whom I personally knew for close to 50 years. I was a first hand, up close, witness to their lives and would willingly testify in a court of law to the lies that were put in that garbage. That was one of many.

That is why I asked you if what you are saying is that the allegations against Tommy are lies.

Are they?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 11 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #342

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

if everything that the Danny apologists said about this site was true, i.e. it is unfair, infantile, no comprehension, full of lies and so forth, they are spending a lot of time here trying to do what? If the people here are as closed minded as they say, wouldn't they see that they are engaging in an effort of futility? Or do they think that their continued rants will be viewed in a positive light?

I think Danny cannot stand to think that people are questioning his actions and motives... thus he sends his minions.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 12 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #343

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 11 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]177522[/snapback]

if everything that the Danny apologists said about this site was true, i.e. it is unfair, infantile, no comprehension, full of lies and so forth, they are spending a lot of time here trying to do what? If the people here are as closed minded as they say, wouldn't they see that they are engaging in an effort of futility? Or do they think that their continued rants will be viewed in a positive light?

I think Danny cannot stand to think that people are questioning his actions and motives... thus he sends his minions.....

Wrong all the way around. Fact is I am sure that most of the defenders on here came to the conclusion a long time ago that no matter what minds would not be changed here. That is not why I post and I doubt it is why other defenders post.
We post so that lurkers might hear and see a different side on the accusations made here. That they might get an idea who is behind all the allegations and that they will see clearly what goes on here.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 12 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #344

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 9 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]176800[/snapback]

Yes I have spent some time reading the many post and judgment of people's relationship with Jesus, I think not. I would have to say though "fruit's" are little but hey "some fruit" develop slow. I once had a orange tree and I never did think that it would produce and you know what eventually it did. As long as there is a stump there can always be branches.
I don't want to follow the crowd Denny, I want to have my own personal view of things. I guess if that does not agree with you, well that is your problem.

So how can you have a view of what is discussed on here when you have not read all the posts...

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 12 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #345

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]177581[/snapback]

Wrong all the way around. Fact is I am sure that most of the defenders on here came to the conclusion a long time ago that no matter what minds would not be changed here. That is not why I post and I doubt it is why other defenders post.
We post so that lurkers might hear and see a different side on the accusations made here. That they might get an idea who is behind all the allegations and that they will see clearly what goes on here.

If this is the actual reason you all post here then it seems to me you would be most anxious to respond to straight questions from us. How can anyone "see clearly what goes on here" if valid questions go unanswered? Lurkers are likely to wonder the same thing.

Yesterday afternoon I asked if, by your statement, you were claiming that the allegations against Tommy are lies. Your response was that I "seem to be one track on that issue". How is this helping lurkers "see clearly what goes on here"?

In an effort to set the record straight, could you please answer my question? Are you claiming that the allegations against Tommy Shelton are lies? I really would appreciate your answer.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church