Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12490&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And Yet Another Newbie Critical of BSDA
awesumtenor
post Feb 13 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]177856[/snapback]

Watchman, I have tried over and over to make this point but seemingly to no avail. This site is overflowing with the: I think, I heard, I believe, I assume, it appears, it seems, phrases. Why do people want to do this and then say how this site just wants healing and resolution. That went out the window with this website as well as several others.
Thank you watchman for stating so eloquently what several of us have been trying to say.

You forgot to have the violin playing nopity.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Feb 13 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 02:05 AM) [snapback]177836[/snapback]

PB can you really say that the rumors, slander, gossip, insinuation and the use of the words: I think, it seems, I hear, looks like, it appears, to be fact telling words? Do you think the mean and sly innuendos, and the smart alec remarks, towards 3 abn are going to bring healing? Not to mention the pattern established here, that when an I feel or It appears, comes on the site everyone runs with it until it becomes a fact ,which is then dissected, eaten and purged and then set aside as, one more fact dealt with. Let's move on. And the pattern continues. If you think that any of this mess on bsda can bring resolution and healing, then, maybe, you are the author of Naive.

Just admit it, you love it here...you really can't stay away, can you? rofl1.gif
You rant and rave with all your righteous indignation...then you come back day after day to get your daily fix of BSDA...why be a glutton for punishment?

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 13 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 13 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]177851[/snapback]

Friend: I have no problem with what you quoted. I am in agreement with it. However, nowhere does she state to take out full page ads in the newspaper, which is essentially what this would have been tantamount to in her day. If you read my other posting from the previous page where she quotes the apostle Paul and the difficulty he was having with false teachers, you will quickly understand that what she means by speaking out does not mean spreading it abroad. Furthermore, how many people on this website are directly involved and know from firsthand experience what is going on at 3abn? Those who do have first hand experience absolutely must do their duty. God requires it. However,to the rest, prayer and fasting is our duty. Anything other than this is not seeking the will of God, but merely satisfying gossip.

Watchman,

So it is not the duty of the church members to hold the leadership of the church, and the independent ministries accountable for there actions even if that layperson has not had direct contact with the the goings on?

I fully agree that fasting and prayer are needed at this time, but to say that is the sole duty i think not, the leadership of the sda church has already it appears taken some behind the sences actions.
the laity has a duty to makes sure this topic is not just swept under the rug, like things like this have been done before.

FOR example, i personally know of pastor from the south that left his wife and ran off with a lady from the conference office, they moved to the state of Michigan and in a couple of years he was pastoring again, no repentance no going back his former wife and even saying sorry. PLease tell me how that is ok, things against 3abn are much worse and much bigger so no i do not think that the layity should be quiet given the track record of the leadership of the sda church on sexual sins.

plus despite what many think this is a small out of the way internet forum( no disrespect to calvin) it is not the same has publishing a full page newspaper ad in egw day.

ERik

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 13 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #49

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 13 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]177919[/snapback]

Watchman,

plus despite what many think this is a small out of the way internet forum( no disrespect to calvin) it is not the same has publishing a full page newspaper ad in egw day.
ERik

No disrespect taken roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 14 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]177836[/snapback]

PB can you really say that the rumors, slander, gossip, insinuation and the use of the words: I think, it seems, I hear, looks like, it appears, to be fact telling words?
I suppose you think you're telling "facts" when you write about the "master puppeteer" who is manipulating every one of us?? roflmao.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif

Of course, I realize you have a lot of experience posting rumors, slander, gossip and insinuations without using such modifying words as "I think" or "I hear."

You may think that's a better way to go. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Watchman
post Feb 14 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 2,967

Friends:

After reading the post under Calvin's Corner, --"Request from GC Legal" and the ensuing comments, particularly "Lady Tenor/Black SDA Faithful, and other offensive content on this website, I sincerely question the choice of language used. As Christians, we are called to a higher standard. People are entitled to their opinions, but how we express them, is the difference. Jesus said "that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." Matt. 15:11. Jesus also said in Mark 12:31 "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." and "love your enemies" Matt. 5:44. We must speak the truth--in love-- or not at all. My prayer is that you will consider Jesus' words, and bear them in mind, as you continue to address these issues in the future. Let us never forget that Jesus Christ is our sinless example. "For we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men." 1 Cor. 4:9. We are not really in an out-of-the-way-corner after all.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 14 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 14 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]178271[/snapback]

Friends:

After reading the post under Calvin's Corner, --"Request from GC Legal" and the ensuing comments, particularly "Lady Tenor/Black SDA Faithful, and other offensive content on this website, I sincerely question the choice of language used. As Christians, we are called to a higher standard. People are entitled to their opinions, but how we express them, is the difference. Jesus said "that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." Matt. 15:11. Jesus also said in Mark 12:31 "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." and "love your enemies" Matt. 5:44. We must speak the truth--in love-- or not at all. My prayer is that you will consider Jesus' words, and bear them in mind, as you continue to address these issues in the future. Let us never forget that Jesus Christ is our sinless example. "For we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men." 1 Cor. 4:9. We are not really in an out-of-the-way-corner after all.

If you have issues with what someone says, then take it up with that person... your blanket condemnation has been heard; some will agree and some will not... as the bible says, Let every man be persuaded in his own mind. With that in mind, your continuing to regurgitate the same thing like a cow chewing her cud is not particularly productive...

Selah.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
brother4life
post Feb 14 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #53

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,995

Dear Brothers and Sisters of the Faith:

I have been checking in on this website for about three or four months now, reading the allegations and inuendos that have been made against many of God's children. Until now, I have not felt it necessary to “jump in the pool” and throw in my two cents, but some things are weighing heavy on my heart, and I just can't help but share these comments.

I quote the “Signs of the Times”, March 9,1882: "Hours are worse than wasted when spent in the society of those who are not seeking to improve in mind or morals. Idle gossip, frivolous chitchat, the cruel slander, the base innuendo, weaken the intellect and corrupt the heart. Time is precious. We have but a brief space in which to prepare for the future life. All who expect to dwell hereafter with the pure and holy, must here obtain a fitness for such society. Let the moments heretofore squandered in idleness and folly be henceforth devoted to prayer and the reading of God's word. This discipline every Christian may have, and, rightly improved, it will make him wise unto eternal life."

The threads and posts on this website go on and on; one would have to spend hours at the computer to just read it all, not counting the other websites that are along the same line? Is this the work that Christ has commissioned us to do, waste our time so frivolously? On any given day, one member may have four or five posts within a short time. This means that time was devoted to reading the posts beforehand, composing a rebuttal, and typing it in, then waiting for a response so that the process can start all over again.

While many of you think in vitally necessary to defend Danny Shelton OR Linda Shelton, what is the end of this work? God has said, “For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.” Ecc.12:14

This says to me that in the end, the judgement is all up to God, because he is the only one who knows it ALL. Danny, Linda, Tommy, Bob, Clay, Duane, Barbara, Dr. Arlid, Dr. Thompson and everyone else may talk until they are blue in the face and will never reveal half of what God already knows. Why not leave the work of judgement up to HIM? The fact is that all of the aforementioned people are nothing but dirty sinners, along with myself (at the top of the list); our righteousness is as filthy rags. (Ever study what is meant by filthy rags?) Anyway, why can't the users of this website follow the counsel given in Hebrews 3:13, “But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”, and spend our time in fruitful service to Christ instead of fruitless reading and typing. (Who know, I may have just done that myself.) We should all spend more time in building up the body of Christ, not tearing it down. That is the work of the enemy.

Many of you have been blessed with the gift of a sharp mind and a compassionate heart; why not use those gifts in serving your LORD and others? To all who are posting on a daily basis, remember this example of our LORD, Who, "when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:" 1 Peter 2:23
Remember who our example is and how he behaved. You and I have no control over anyone except ourselves, and in the end we will account for ourselves and how we spent our precious time.

--------------------
Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 14 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 14 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]178271[/snapback]

Friends:

After reading the post under Calvin's Corner, --"Request from GC Legal" and the ensuing comments, particularly "Lady Tenor/Black SDA Faithful, and other offensive content on this website, I sincerely question the choice of language used. As Christians, we are called to a higher standard. People are entitled to their opinions, but how we express them, is the difference.

With that being the case, slowly read the following letter from Barbara Kerr and tell us what you think. Here's the link:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489

More than that, find the 16th paragraph in that letter which starts out: "I prayed that God would show me the truth in the situation and I asked for wisdom to respond to each of them. Whenever Linda and I began to reconnect again, Danny became angry. His words were more than unkind as he spoke “ugliness” about his former wife."

Tell us, Watchman, if you "sincerely question" anything in that 16th paragraph.

Pete

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 14 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #55

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 14 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]178285[/snapback]

Dear Brothers...of the Faith:

...Remember who our example is and how he behaved. You and I have no control over anyone except ourselves, and in the end we will account for ourselves and how we spent our precious time.

welcome.gif brother4life, nice of you to share. With that which you have said in mind, we recommend the following: Physician heal thyself.

Be Blessed wave.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 14 2007, 02:53 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 14 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 14 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]178285[/snapback]

I have been checking in on this website for about three or four months now, reading the allegations and inuendos that have been made against many of God's children. Until now, I have not felt it necessary to “jump in the pool” and throw in my two cents, but some things are weighing heavy on my heart, and I just can't help but share these comments.

Welcome to this forum. I had read for a few months before I started posting, and even at that, I didn't jump into the deep end of the pool with words of advice on how this forum should be run. I wonder if you have taken time to look over the other twenty-odd subjects mentioned. You may feel more comfortable with Praise and Testimonies, Devotional Thoughts, Sabbath School Lesson Study, etc. I am curious to know why you chose this particular forum for your first post unless you have a specific interest in what is being discussed.

I wouldn't want you to defile your mind by wasting precious time if you believe that this is, "Idle gossip, frivolous chitchat, the cruel slander, the base innuendo, [that] weaken the intellect and corrupt the heart."

How will you feel when this hits the press, and you find that much of what you read is fact rather than fiction. Will it shake your faith? Prepare yourself, for it could easily happen.

So welcome(1).gif And, unless you feel that it is "idle gossip", do join us in the chat room. That is where you will get to know about the writers.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 14 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #57

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 14 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]178271[/snapback]

Friends:

After reading the post under Calvin's Corner, --"Request from GC Legal" and the ensuing comments, particularly "Lady Tenor/Black SDA Faithful, and other offensive content on this website, I sincerely question...

Some here sincerely question, you making the presumption, that you are called to be the conscience of BSDA. Which some might also find offensive.

Watchman, look into the mirror and be reminded that you are a sinner just like the rest here... physician heal thyself.

Be Blessed smile.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 14 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(brother4life @ Feb 14 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]178285[/snapback]

By checking, are you thoroughly familiar with the subjects? How extensive has been your reading? Rather than a blanket statement such as this, please list the allegations and innuendos you are refering to so that we may see if it is a subject that needs to be addressed.

I quote the “Signs of the Times”, March 9,1882: "Hours are worse than wasted when spent in the society of those who are not seeking to improve in mind or morals. Idle gossip, frivolous chitchat, the cruel slander, the base innuendo, weaken the intellect and corrupt the heart. Time is precious. We have but a brief space in which to prepare for the future life. All who expect to dwell hereafter with the pure and holy, must here obtain a fitness for such society. Let the moments heretofore squandered in idleness and folly be henceforth devoted to prayer and the reading of God's word. This discipline every Christian may have, and, rightly improved, it will make him wise unto eternal life."

You'll get no argument from me that time is prescious. What I would like to know is how do you know that we are not on a mission to improve in mind or morals?
The threads and posts on this website go on and on; one would have to spend hours at the computer to just read it all, not counting the other websites that are along the same line? Is this the work that Christ has commissioned us to do, waste our time so frivolously? On any given day, one member may have four or five posts within a short time. This means that time was devoted to reading the posts beforehand, composing a rebuttal, and typing it in, then waiting for a response so that the process can start all over again.

Brother4life, you have correctly discerned the discussion process here. Good job.

While many of you think in vitally necessary to defend Danny Shelton OR Linda Shelton, what is the end of this work? God has said, “For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.” Ecc.12:14

When heinous sin and injustice is brought before a disciple of Christ, is that not a call to get involved? What did the Good Samaritan do after many "pious" men, men who spent large blocks of time studying the scriptures, distanced themselves from that bloodied victim lying on that rocky road? Praise God that this lowly Samaritan tended to him, spent time transporting him to a place of safety and then used his precious means to see that he was taken care of properly!

This says to me that in the end, the judgement is all up to God, because he is the only one who knows it ALL. Danny, Linda, Tommy, Bob, Clay, Duane, Barbara, Dr. Arlid, Dr. Thompson and everyone else may talk until they are blue in the face and will never reveal half of what God already knows. Why not leave the work of judgement up to HIM? The fact is that all of the aforementioned people are nothing but dirty sinners, along with myself (at the top of the list); our righteousness is as filthy rags. (Ever study what is meant by filthy rags?) Anyway, why can't the users of this website follow the counsel given in Hebrews 3:13, “But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”, and spend our time in fruitful service to Christ instead of fruitless reading and typing. (Who know, I may have just done that myself.) We should all spend more time in building up the body of Christ, not tearing it down. That is the work of the enemy.

Please read 1 Corinthians 5 and see Paul's commission to us. Pay extra close attention to verses 12 and 13. It is so clear that God will judge the outside world but we are to judge our brethren. Can you tell me who Duane is? How about Roger or Brad or a 25-year-old man whose pastor allegedly molested him when he was but 8-years-old. What does scripture and SOP counsel us to do when we find out that a person claiming the name of Christ has abused the trust of his lambs? I believe that it is our DUTY (yes, I'm speaking loudly here) to console and build up the victims as well as do all in our sphere of influence to prevent other young people from falling victim as well. Please show me anything in scripture or Ellen White that refutes this. Testimonies Volume 3 page 265 and on tells us we have a duty to reprove sin. If we don't, "the people of God, as a body, will be held responsible for those sins."
Many of you have been blessed with the gift of a sharp mind and a compassionate heart; why not use those gifts in serving your LORD and others? To all who are posting on a daily basis, remember this example of our LORD, Who, "when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:" 1 Peter 2:23
Remember who our example is and how he behaved. You and I have no control over anyone except ourselves, and in the end we will account for ourselves and how we spent our precious time.

Many of us here believe that we are serving our LORD and others. Many of us here feel that we are about our Father's business. We may not have control over others but by this time that we spend bringing truth to light we are having an influence!

You are, quite obviously, a deeply spiritual and compassionate person. I pray that you will be able to see the important mission that many of us are on. I, for one, believe that the LORD has laid this burden on my heart. I would be wrong to turn away.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 14 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Since I have been here from the start of the 3abn saga, it does not take me long to read the newest or latest posts... likewise as an administrator I don't mind donating some time here making sure that the discussion process takes place without too much contention..... its my hobby.... and I enjoy it.... likewise, many of us are able to multitask.... able to do multiple things at the same time..... so it may not be as time consuming as some think.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Feb 14 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

It's really unfortunate that, once again, others feel the need to pass judgement on what other poeple do. With all due respect brother4life, it's not your call how any person on this board spends their time. If someone wants to be here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, that is their decision. Once Calvin has given us permission to be here without any time restrictions, how we spend our time is our responsibility. You have no idea whether or not a person is using their gifts to serve God or others, and, quite frankly, it's not your business. Nobody should have to justify why they spend time here. I find this to be so offensive. The real work of the enemy is to cause us to have divisive, judgmental attitudes towards each other and look down our collective noses on people who we consider to be "less holy" than we are. thumbdown.gif I'm so glad that God is the only being who will ultimately judge how I spend eternity...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church