Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12490&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And Yet Another Newbie Critical of BSDA
Seraphim7
post Feb 18 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #76

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 05:01 AM) [snapback]178991[/snapback]

I am new here, and this is difficult to understand. It seem like Bystander is saying that God made Watchbird a judge over 3ABN. If this is his motion, I want to second his motion. It seem to me like Watchbird could handle that situation and thereby make an end of the mess.

A newbie, really? smile.gif Yet you seem to know so well how upstanding and forthright Biystander is, and thus able to second his motion about another member? Very interesting. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 18 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 18 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]179002[/snapback]

A newbie, really? smile.gif Yet you seem to know so well how upstanding and forthright Biystander is, and thus able to second his motion about another member? Very interesting. scratchchin.gif

Hi Sera! You know what? When I read Ida's post I understood it differently, like she was saying that Watchbird is right. But I'm not sure, I could have misread it. uhm.gif

Ida, could you clarify please?

Blessings to all!

Grace

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 18 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I read it the way Grace read it:)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 18 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 04:01 AM) [snapback]178991[/snapback]

I am new here, and this is difficult to understand. It seem like Bystander is saying that God made Watchbird a judge over 3ABN. If this is his motion, I want to second his motion. It seem to me like Watchbird could handle that situation and thereby make an end of the mess.

I would submit that you are still too new to know who is who.... welcome to BSDA....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
2shine4Him
post Feb 18 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #80

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,998

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 18 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]178997[/snapback]

Do you seek medical services from a physician? Why? God is powerful enough to cure all illness, without you telling your problems to another human.

The Bible is clear: God has chosen to use humans in accomplishing His work on earth. Sometimes those humans are other Chrsitians. Sometimes those humans are the civil authorities. Sometimes those humans are people who are not Christian. Sometimes those people do not act perfectly. In any case, God choses and uses.

As I said before, I seek God before taking any action, in this case and others going on in my life right now. So, yes, Observer, I am seeking the Great Physician in everything I do. Suffice it to say, if we ALL did that, the world would be a better place.

God has chosen us to accomplish His work. What is His primary work? Which did Jesus do more of? Did Jesus do more of pointing out sins of the leaders or bringing people to Himself? Was Paul's primary work to point out sin in the church? Or was it to introduce others to Christ?

If everyone is so upset over the sins of the leaders of 3ABN, the Bible says "Be sure your sins will find you out". This goes not only for the leaders of 3ABN, but also everyone posting on this website. I'm sure there is not one of us that would appreciate our sins posted on the web for everyone to read. When Jesus started writing out the sins of the church leaders in the sand, He was the only one that knew the heart of the sinners. He was the only one qualified to point out sin.

Christ does tell us to judge righteously. The question is, who has righteous judgment? Not me. Do you?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 18 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(2shine4Him @ Feb 18 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]179020[/snapback]

As I said before, I seek God before taking any action, in this case and others going on in my life right now. So, yes, Observer, I am seeking the Great Physician in everything I do. Suffice it to say, if we ALL did that, the world would be a better place.

God has chosen us to accomplish His work. What is His primary work? Which did Jesus do more of? Did Jesus do more of pointing out sins of the leaders or bringing people to Himself? Was Paul's primary work to point out sin in the church? Or was it to introduce others to Christ?

If everyone is so upset over the sins of the leaders of 3ABN, the Bible says "Be sure your sins will find you out". This goes not only for the leaders of 3ABN, but also everyone posting on this website. I'm sure there is not one of us that would appreciate our sins posted on the web for everyone to read. When Jesus started writing out the sins of the church leaders in the sand, He was the only one that knew the heart of the sinners. He was the only one qualified to point out sin.

Christ does tell us to judge righteously. The question is, who has righteous judgment? Not me. Do you?

without getting too far off topic, I believe you are wrong... It is quite arrogant to believe that God has chosen us to accomplish his work? He has given us some work to do, but let's be clear He finishes his own work.... trust that.....

As for your other.... everyone posting here is not claiming that they are the director of a ministry that reaches people world-wide....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 18 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

............. scratchchin.gif ............ blink.gif......... After reading a few posts this morning, I think it is time to sort a few things out....... starting with the rather "deadly serious" post which occasioned my first comment.....

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 14 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]178271[/snapback]

Friends:

After reading the post under Calvin's Corner, --"Request from GC Legal" and the ensuing comments, particularly "Lady Tenor/Black SDA Faithful, and other offensive content on this website, I sincerely question the choice of language used. As Christians, we are called to a higher standard. People are entitled to their opinions, but how we express them, is the difference. Jesus said "that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." Matt. 15:11. Jesus also said in Mark 12:31 "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." and "love your enemies" Matt. 5:44. We must speak the truth--in love-- or not at all. My prayer is that you will consider Jesus' words, and bear them in mind, as you continue to address these issues in the future. Let us never forget that Jesus Christ is our sinless example. "For we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men." 1 Cor. 4:9. We are not really in an out-of-the-way-corner after all.

Coupled with Watchman's initial post with which she started this thread.... which I will spare you all of except the first and last sentences.... you can go back to the beginning if you want to read it all... "There is nothing Christlike about this website."...... "Oh why is sensationalism, such a delicate morsel! And why is gossisp, such a juicy tidbit to swallow for those wise in their own conceit?" ..... I responded with just the one line.....
QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 14 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]178340[/snapback]

So who set YOU as judge over US?....... uhm.gif ........ no.gif ....... thumbdown.gif .......

To which Bystander retorted......
QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 14 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]178356[/snapback]

Maybe the same person that made you judge over 3abn

Which I ignored.... recognizing that he was only trying to "bait" me.... and I wasn't interested in playing that game.... and everyone else ignored it also.... until.....

Ida made her comment.......
QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 05:01 AM) [snapback]178991[/snapback]

............. which I got quite a chuckle over.... realizing that it was quite tongue in cheek..... and the picture of a lowly seagull being "seconded" as being able to "handle that situation" .... once I thought on it a bit..... set me to rolling on the floor laughing for real! ......rofl1.gif .........

I mean... hey.... seagulls keep a watchful eye on.... and are the garbage disposal units of.... the beaches of the world... and do a magnificent job of cleaning up what would otherwise develop into piles of carrion.... fishy carrion even..... but.... it takes a whole flock of seagulls to accomplish the task, all working together harmoniously........ though admittedly, if one only listens to the squawking as they seemingly squabble over some specific item on their menu of the day, one could miss the underlying cooperation and teamwork which gets the job done and the beaches cleaned and kept fit for human occupation, enjoyment, and inspiration.

But ONE seagull singled out and nominated for "handling the situation"?????

Never happened..... no.gif ........ rofl1.gif .....

Thank you Ida, for your lovely and unique sense of humor..... and btw...... welcome.gif...... We'll look forward to hearing from you often.... for I know you have a rather unique "window" into all of the goings on that are being exposed and discussed on our site.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 18 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

The problem is that Danny went out and put Linda's supposed sin in public view. How can that be countered if not also by public disclosure of his wrong doings in the matter. No I would not want my sins (not that I have any you understand biggrin.gif ) all over the internet, however I'm not a public figure making public accusations against another. Danny started this apparently with no thought that others would actually hold him, the "anointed one" accountable. "He done bit off a bit more than he could chew", as some would say.

Richard

QUOTE(2shine4Him @ Feb 18 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]179020[/snapback]

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 18 2007, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 18 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 18 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]179008[/snapback]

Hi Sera! You know what? When I read Ida's post I understood it differently, like she was saying that Watchbird is right. But I'm not sure, I could have misread it. uhm.gif

Ida, could you clarify please?

Blessings to all!

Grace

Thank you all for your warmhearted welcome which makes me feel at home here on BSDA. There is so much which is difficult to understand. Why are some of the participants defending evil rather than praying for forgiveness? Is there something wrong with cleansing the church and insititutions which claim to present the Advent message?

I have been reading several posts here, and this is the most difficult for me to understand why several posters quote so many texts from the Bible. all in an efffort to roll a lot of evil under the rug. I donīt quite get it, but it seems to me like only a demon would use the Words of Scripture like that.

I belong to a wonderful local church, but if such things were happening here, I would soon look for a different church where I could worship. Christians do not permit such actions in their midsts. The suffering ones are constantly in my prayers, and my greatest desire is that this will soon be finished. I cannot see that Jesus would permit this to continue.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 18 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]179042[/snapback]

Thank you all for your warmhearted welcome which makes me feel at home here on BSDA. There is so much which is difficult to understand. Why are some of the participants defending evil rather than praying for forgiveness? Is there something wrong with cleansing the church and insititutions which claim to present the Advent message?

I have been reading several posts here, and this is the most difficult for me to understand why several posters quote so many texts from the Bible. all in an efffort to roll a lot of evil under the rug. I donīt quite get it, but it seems to me like only a demon would use the Words of Scripture like that.

I belong to a wonderful local church, but if such things were happening here, I would soon look for a different church where I could worship. Christians do not permit such actions in their midsts. The suffering ones are constantly in my prayers, and my greatest desire is that this will soon be finished. I cannot see that Jesus would permit this to continue.

clap.gif Amen!!! yes.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 18 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(daylily @ Feb 18 2007, 05:40 AM) [snapback]179011[/snapback]

I read it the way Grace read it:)

Me too. yes.gif
BTW Welcome to BSDA welcome(1).gif
Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Feb 19 2007, 07:59 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 18 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]179042[/snapback]

Ida,

This may be off topic but I hope you will answer. We speculate at times if actions taken or words said by 3ABN often drive/encourage people to pursue the facts for themselves rather than be the lemmings they are encouraged to be. Obviously, quite a different result than what 3ABN wanted.
You are a newbie as of yesterday, why did you chose to come here now at this time to read this subforum?

Also, I hope you will take the time to explore the many other areas of BSDA where there is so much other positive, encouraging, uplifting, educational and sometimes downright amusing content (not that we don't have our share of downright amusing content in the 3ABN subforum rofl1.gif )

Welcome to BSDA.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 18 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 18 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]179042[/snapback]

It's amazing that you can be so new and yet so intuitive. spoton.gif

welcome(1).gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 19 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #89

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(2shine4Him @ Feb 18 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]179020[/snapback]

welcome.gif 2shine...

Did God tell you that anyone here does not pray before they take action? Suffice it to say you do not know what we ALL do, thus we advise that you keep praying and keep your assumptions to yourself.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 19 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 18 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]179224[/snapback]

It's amazing that you can be so new and yet so intuitive. spoton.gif
welcome(1).gif

perhaps ida has read here awhile before becoming a member...

Welcome, ida, to BSDA...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church