Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12505&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AToday NewBreak Article on 3ABN
lurker
post May 21 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

Well Pete, since you opened up that can of worms, Garmar's 990's are available for viewing at Guidestar. They are there are 2 Garmars there. The Dodge Center one is the one you want, not the Hawaii one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 21 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 3,399

Does anyone know why the Garmar Foundation is sharing the same address with G. McNeilus Wind Energy Company when the latter is a for profit company and the former is a Tax Exempt/NonProfit Organization (other than Garwin McNeilus heading both)? dunno.gif
Compare http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=857480 and http://www.elcon.org/Documents/FERCFilings...liantFiling.pdf [see page 10]

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 21 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Grith @ May 21 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]196274[/snapback]

Does anyone know why the Garmar Foundation is sharing the same address with G. McNeilus Wind Energy Company when the latter is a for profit company and the former is a Tax Exempt/NonProfit Organization (other than Garwin McNeilus heading both)? dunno.gif
Compare http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=857480 and http://www.elcon.org/Documents/FERCFilings...liantFiling.pdf [see page 10]

The Wind Energy Company funds the Garmar Foundation. This is perfectly legitimate and on the up and up. If you read the GarMar 990's you will see that they state that is where the money is coming from and it also states the causes that money is donated to by the foundation and the amounts donated.

This post has been edited by lurker: May 21 2007, 06:56 PM

+Quote Post
st mary
post May 21 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 3,608

This my first time accessing you site but I had been reading for a few weeks. I am just a regular member of the SDA church and I have watched with much disappointment at first but now with interest at what has been taking place at 3ABN and the church. I now see this as sad as it is, as a good thing as nothing can happen without God's permission.For those of us who have placed our faith in the church,this has come to shatter our faith and for us to reexamine our faith and place it where it belongs which is in God and for those of us who already have strong faith in God, this should strength our faith.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 21 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(st mary @ May 21 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]196276[/snapback]

This my first time accessing you site but I had been reading for a few weeks. I am just a regular member of the SDA church and I have watched with much disappointment at first but now with interest at what has been taking place at 3ABN and the church. I now see this as sad as it is, as a good thing as nothing can happen without God's permission.For those of us who have placed our faith in the church,this has come to shatter our faith and for us to reexamine our faith and place it where it belongs which is in God and for those of us who already have strong faith in God, this should strength our faith.

Welcome st mary! You will feel most welcome here. You are right...we need to place our faith where it belongs....in God and not in man. It is a wakeup call for all of us....time to stop and rethink what we are doing and what IS our mission here on earth? It is not a work to leave to others but a work we must do ourselves...work out our Salvation in Him and then pray that we hear that still small voice behind us saying "here is the way....walk ye in it". We all fall short of the glory of God and need that redeeming blood and grace to follow Him. This is a sad time as we become aware of corruption where we thought only good things were happening but it is also a time to glory as we see our Lord work to refine His people.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 21 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(st mary @ May 21 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]196276[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif to BSDA st mary. clap.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
st mary
post May 21 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 3,608

Thank you so much for welcoming me.
For a number of years we had the sky angel network in our home and was truly blessed by it as I watched Miss Linda so sincere in her praise and service to God. God used her greatly to reach me at a defining moment in my life and I have been praying for her ever since her ordeal began. The details of what had happened is not nearly as important as the result of it all. The impotent 3ABN board under the instruction of demons have taken it upon themselves to destroy one whom Christ died for, one created in the image of God. I had been told by a pastor at 3ABN when I called the Pastoral Department asking why was there no room for forgiveness even if she was to have committed the sin and I was told that there is much more to what I am hearing. But if any 3abn supporter would dare to comment please spare me the details. I do not need to know them. They are totally unimportant and irrelevant to me and I believe, it is to God also. Forgiveness is a must without any conditions attached.
I received an amazing understanding of forgiveness and redemption from Miss Linda while watching her speak on tv. I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit shining through her when I watched and I was blessed. Time passed and I started to feel an evil presence coming through. The talk was evil, crude and even the sermons of Mr Lomacong,one whom I had respected was shockingly,demonic. I started to select what and who I watched on 3ABN. IT was a relief though for my family and me when it was taken off Sky angel network. I just refuse to listen to to the toxic talk and atmosphere of what once was a good thing.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 21 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Merciliations!!!! Welcome to BSDA st mary!!!!

QUOTE(st mary @ May 21 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]196288[/snapback]

For a number of years we had the sky angel network in our home and was truly blessed by it as I watched Miss Linda so sincere in her praise and service to God. God used her greatly to reach me at a defining moment in my life and I have been praying for her ever since her ordeal began. The details of what had happened is not nearly as important as the result of it all. The impotent 3ABN board under the instruction of demons have taken it upon themselves to destroy one whom Christ died for, one created in the image of God. I had been told by a pastor at 3ABN when I called the Pastoral Department asking why was there no room for forgiveness even if she was to have committed the sin and I was told that there is much more to what I am hearing. But if any 3abn supporter would dare to comment please spare me the details. I do not need to know them. They are totally unimportant and irrelevant to me and I believe, it is to God also. Forgiveness is a must without any conditions attached.
I received an amazing understanding of forgiveness and redemption from Miss Linda while watching her speak on tv. I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit shining through her when I watched and I was blessed. Time passed and I started to feel an evil presence coming through. The talk was evil, crude and even the sermons of Mr Lomacong,one whom I had respected was shockingly,demonic. I started to select what and who I watched on 3ABN. IT was a relief though for my family and me when it was taken off Sky angel network. I just refuse to listen to to the toxic talk and atmosphere of what once was a good thing.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 21 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(st mary @ May 21 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]196288[/snapback]

...under the instruction of demons...
...Time passed and I started to feel an evil presence coming through. The talk was evil, crude and even the sermons of Mr Lomacong,one whom I had respected was shockingly,demonic...
...it was taken off Sky angel network...

welcome(1).gif

wow.gif who is this lady? you are spoton.gif !!

it's called fundamentalist charismatic pentecostalism... demon worship... dressed up in SDA terminology... and to me, this is much worse than anything else going on...

plus sad news... not only are they back on sky angel, but the dish network has made 3abn part of their basic package... now even more people can be exposed to this...

personally, i hope and pray that this court case breaks WIDE open across this country and around the world... people get their eyes open and the funds dry up as the dew before the morning sun.

JMHO...

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 22 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #130

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(roxe @ May 21 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]196322[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif

wow.gif who is this lady? you are spoton.gif !!

it's called fundamentalist charismatic pentecostalism... demon worship... dressed up in SDA terminology... and to me, this is much worse than anything else going on...

plus sad news... not only are they back on sky angel, but the dish network has made 3abn part of their basic package... now even more people can be exposed to this...

personally, i hope and pray that this court case breaks WIDE open across this country and around the world... people get their eyes open and the funds dry up as the dew before the morning sun.

JMHO...

Are you actually getting 3ABN? I just looked again. They said they would have the same Chanel. There is nothing there. ??????

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 22 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #131

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 21 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]196155[/snapback]

LaurenceD was not certain that the fight against paying taxes would amount to such a paultry sum. He threw out that figure if the taxes were to be figured on an assessed value of $550,000. I commented that this would be an awfully low figure to fight about and he clarified that he was not sure of the actual figures.

I've learned a little more about property taxes in Illinois. Here's an overview of how they work...
http://www.iltax.com/Publications/LocalGov...nt/PTAX1004.pdf

And an example of the breakdown with the different taxing districts within a county in Illinois...

Understanding Your Property Tax Bill

How is a tax bill calculated?

Once tax rates for all taxing bodies in a county have been set, the County Clerk must add up the rates which apply to particular areas in the county. Different parts of the county are under jurisdiction of different combinations of taxing districts. The County Clerk divides the county into tax code areas, in which all property is subject to the jurisdiction of the same combination of taxing units and thus has the same combination of tax rates. Aggregate rates are computed for each code area. A tax bill is calculated by multiplying the equalized assessed value of a property (less any homestead exemptions) by the aggregate rate for the tax code area in which the property lies.

The aggregate rate seen on a bill will be a combination of a county rate, a township rate, a school district, a city rate (if a taxpayer lives within the boundaries of an incorporated municipality), and rates for any special districts, such as fire, sanitary, etc., which service the area. In Illinois, the rate is generally expressed in terms of dollars per hundred dollars of equalized assessed valuation (the same as a percent).

As an example, an aggregate rate of 9.964 might include:

County 1.068
City 2.570
School District 4.485
Jr. College .420
Forest Preserve District .080
Sanitary District .525
Park District .816
Total - 9.964

A taxpayer whose home had an equalized assessed value of $20,000 (after the homestead exemptions were deducted) would have had, based on this rate, a tax bill of $1,993.
http://www.iltax.com/LocalGovernment/PropertyTax/taxbill.htm

Notice in the example, a home valued at $20,000 is taxed nearly $2,000. That's huge. That's $10,000 per $100,000 valuation. Unheard of around here. I actually know of a house around here valued at $550,000 and the anual property taxes are only $3,300. I looked it up online via the county's website...which has every parcel in the county listed for public viewing. It also shows the sales history for the last several years. Yep, you can easily find out what the seller paid for it.

The state doesn't collect a percentage of the property tax, as I previously suggested. It does in my state. Rather, it stays at the local levels. Also, by law, only 33.3% of the total equalized value is taxed. The tax rate is generally higher than I thought. I don't know the rates in Franklin Co., but If you were to take a value of $550,000, and multiply that by an average aggregate rate of 7.000...that would be $550,000 x .0700 = $38,500. But, we don't know if the 550K is the total value or the assessed value (based on 33.3%). If the 550K is the total assessment, then one third of that would mean the property tax bill would be $12,833. Anyway, however you look at it, the school might only end up with half the total property tax. That would be worth challenging 3abn over, whether the net benefit to the school was only $6,417, or even better if it was $19, 250 (half of $38,500).

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 22 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fran @ May 22 2007, 12:34 AM) [snapback]196326[/snapback]

Are you actually getting 3ABN? I just looked again. They said they would have the same Chanel. There is nothing there. ??????

Fran, sorry... but i posted that before reading in other threads that there seems to be troubled silence about what is supposed to be happening... grammietana was gracious to send me her vhs tape of the merger... watching it several times, i was just going by their excited assurances that all this was/is really happening.

i don't have a tv... so have no way of knowing if all that "excitement" is just "blowing in the wind" and more "nothingness"...

if nothing is really happening... then why waste 2 hours of airtime and money leading us down the garden path?? perhaps they did the broadcast hoping to receive more $$...

who knows...

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 22 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(roxe @ May 22 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]196499[/snapback]

Fran, sorry... but i posted that before reading in other threads that there seems to be troubled silence about what is supposed to be happening... grammietana was gracious to send me her vhs tape of the merger... watching it several times, i was just going by their excited assurances that all this was/is really happening.

i don't have a tv... so have no way of knowing if all that "excitement" is just "blowing in the wind" and more "nothingness"...

if nothing is really happening... then why waste 2 hours of airtime and money leading us down the garden path?? perhaps they did the broadcast hoping to receive more $$...

who knows...

It i$ alway$ the $$$$$.

I $hould $tart counting the time$ Danny or other$ talk about a$king for donor monie$ at each program. They think we are all $ucker$.

Ro$yRoi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 22 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(roxe @ May 22 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]196499[/snapback]

who knows...

Well, I thought they may have changed their channel.

You ask some the same questions I do about all the hoop-la!

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 22 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]196501[/snapback]

It i$ alway$ the $$$$$.

I $hould $tart counting the time$ Danny or other$ talk about a$king for donor monie$ at each program. They think we are all $ucker$.

Ro$yRoi

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif giggle.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif giggle.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 22 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 22 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]196501[/snapback]

It i$ alway$ the $$$$$.
Ro$yRoi

Ro$yRoi, you're a breath of fre$h air! giggle.gif

...and $o is Fran... hiya.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: May 22 2007, 10:37 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church