Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12505&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AToday NewBreak Article on 3ABN
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 13 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,846

notworking.gif Has anyone been able to load www.atoday.com?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 13 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 13 2007, 06:07 AM) [snapback]177880[/snapback]

It is down.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 13 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 13 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]177880[/snapback]

Too many hits overloading their bandwidth? scratchchin.gif

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 13 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

It's back up now.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 16 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

There was a time lag of several days before the article that was sent out to those who had signed up for Adventist Today email news letters was posted to the website. The "NewsBreak" article has been posted now, and may be accessed there as well as read in the first post of this thread.

Headlines are:

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN
Virginia church meets to address allegations of sexual misconduct

By Edwin D. Schwisow, for ATNewsbreak (09 February 2007).

CLICK HERE to access the article.

Since this is a much more concisely written account than those which have appeared in our forum, or which have been posted on the Save3ABN.com website, this would be a very good article to use for sharing... either by giving out the url, or by printing and sharing hard copy.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 16 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 16 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]178748[/snapback]
There was a time lag of several days before the article that was sent out to those who had signed up for Adventist Today email news letters was posted to the website. The "NewsBreak" article has been posted now, and may be accessed there as well as read in the first post of this thread.

Headlines are:

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN
Virginia church meets to address allegations of sexual misconduct

By Edwin D. Schwisow, for ATNewsbreak (09 February 2007).

CLICK HERE to access the article.

Since this is a much more concisely written account than those which have appeared in our forum, or which have been posted on the Save3ABN.com website, this would be a very good article to use for sharing... either by giving out the url, or by printing and sharing hard copy.

The link works perfectly. Thank you, WB!

Happy Sabbath everybody! wave.gif

Grace

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Feb 19 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(gardener @ Feb 12 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]177761[/snapback]

I for one am not happy to hear this. I remember my mother before she died a couple years ago would send 3ABN a good portion of her measly monthly check from the government. Truely a "Widows Mite". Now to find out where it may have been going makes me sick to my stomach. I am glad she is not alive to hear all this. I quit giving soon after Linda was ousted. furious.gif

Well, my mom gave pretty nearly all of her savings (via irrevokable trust) because
she wanted to "help spread the word". When I say "all".... I would say 98% of what
she had accumulated after working at Brandoms until she was 72 yrs old. Of course,
if she had consulted any of her children, or her SDA pastor son-in-law, they would
have advised against this. Now, we are all wondering what will happen to the annuity
cks should 3abn fold or change ownership.

Money for athletic equipment and money for horses is not what she had in mind, I am
sure.

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 20 2007, 02:28 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(no_cults @ Feb 20 2007, 05:18 AM) [snapback]179475[/snapback]

Well, my mom gave pretty nearly all of her savings (via irrevokable trust) because
she wanted to "help spread the word". When I say "all".... I would say 98% of what
she had accumulated after working at Brandoms until she was 72 yrs old. Of course,
if she had consulted any of her children, or her SDA pastor son-in-law, they would
have advised against this. Now, we are all wondering what will happen to the annuity
cks should 3abn fold or change ownership.

Money for athletic equipment and money for horses is not what she had in mind, I am
sure.

She must have been honest in her desire to spread the gospel. But can we call it honesty to use the funds for a puclic high school athletic eqipment? How can we help others understand it may be better supporting our own church?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 20 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 20 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]179487[/snapback]

She must have been honest in her desire to spread the gospel. But can we call it honesty to use the funds for a puclic high school athletic eqipment? How can we help others understand it may be better supporting our own church?

ida,
Danny Shelton said, on the Behind the Scenes program aired Thursday, February 15, 2007 and as transcribed by Ralph:

Danny For crying out loud what are we supposed to do as Christians? Right? That is what we are supposed to do. Help those who can't help themselves, but they want to put a twist on things so it looks like....people will say, well I'm sending money for the three angels messages but they are giving it to local sports or athletes or what have you. Our board members alone have given tremendous amounts of money. At one time one board member gave $60,000 for me to distribute in the community to help these causes. And they are all non-profit causes so everything is legal that we did but see they don't look at the other side.

You can see the rest of what Ralph has transcribed of the second hour here: http://mypage.direct.ca/r/rseland/private/second.html

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Feb 20 2007, 02:43 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 20 2007, 02:28 AM) [snapback]179487[/snapback]

The giving to the community was explained on the live. Maybe I can make it clearer. Because their is many astute business people on the 3abn board, they believe it is very important to have community support. For this reason certain ones that can afford to have given donations specifically earmarked for community projects. These donations are in addition to, what they give to support 3abn. Ida, if you are seeking truth with an open mind, you will find that most talk about finances are always twisted to insinuate that the hard earned money that someone gives is going to pay for all sorts of things it shouldn't. Not true. The accountability factor is higher than usual for a non profit organization. There are 7 financial workers, accountants, a chief financial officer with a very impressive resume, there are outside auditors and the 3abn board goes over the financial statements at every meeting.
This board takes anything and everything said and puts the "I heard", I think, It appears, and It seems spin on it with no facts to back it up. Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 20 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #26

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

This board takes anything and everything said and puts the "I heard", I think, It appears, and It seems spin on it with no facts to back it up. Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

...and may I ask who do you get your information from?

Who do you get your "handy tidbits" from? Danny? Tommy?

Same boat.

Pot. Kettle. Mad Black.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

The giving to the community was explained on the live. Maybe I can make it clearer. Because their is many astute business people on the 3abn board, they believe it is very important to have community support. For this reason certain ones that can afford to have given donations specifically earmarked for community projects. These donations are in addition to, what they give to support 3abn. Ida, if you are seeking truth with an open mind, you will find that most talk about finances are always twisted to insinuate that the hard earned money that someone gives is going to pay for all sorts of things it shouldn't. Not true. The accountability factor is higher than usual for a non profit organization. There are 7 financial workers, accountants, a chief financial officer with a very impressive resume, there are outside auditors and the 3abn board goes over the financial statements at every meeting.

Bystander,

Thank you for making it clear that no gifts when to the sports equipment.

Secondly, If linda is the source of everything are you saying that she has written the letters the accusers of tommy have written? or in some way cause that whole mess to come out?

Just wondering?

Erik

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 20 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]179562[/snapback]

Bystander,

Thank you for making it clear that no gifts when to the sports equipment.

Secondly, If linda is the source of everything are you saying that she has written the letters the accusers of tommy have written? or in some way cause that whole mess to come out?

Just wondering?
Erik

Erik, thanks for understanding my post without trying to tear it apart.
My opinion on the other since you ask....Of course she didn't write the letters. Do I believe she was responsible in some way? I believe she is. Who would have given Glenn Drydens name to Gailon Joy or Bob Pickle. Everything snowballed from there. guilt or innocence of TS is a moot point here. All that was needed was a name dropped to start a circus. Dryden's name is not known in Adventist circles. Add it up.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 20 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

The giving to the community was explained on the live. Maybe I can make it clearer. SNIP..

Bystander,

I just wanted to point out that in my answer to ida's concern about her mother's money and the sports donations, I quoted Danny Shelton's explanation about the donations specified for the community from the live program. I also provided her with a link to the transcription of the 2nd hour so she could see the full quote for herself.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
IMM
post Feb 20 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

This board takes anything and everything said and puts the "I heard", I think, It appears, and It seems spin on it with no facts to back it up.
Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

Uhmm, BS, I'm sure the 3ABN Board wouldn't like to hear you talking about them that way. You've been so loyal up to now... giggle.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church