Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12505&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AToday NewBreak Article on 3ABN
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]180734[/snapback]

Bystander cruel? You must have the wrong person Pastor Johann. I know him personally and he is not cruel. I'm afraid you and your wife have been duped by Linda as well as others by her willingness to alledgedly play the part of the victim--you know, the "poor me" syndrome and "pity party" method. But then many on this board have been rude and condescending towards Bystander, making fun of him, using his forum name as a means of ridicule--it would seem your wife might feel sorry for Bystander because of this.

Bystander lies with distain? Nope--wrong again! Could you list his lies here for me? I happen to know that if any of his information posted was incorrect, Bystander would be the first to correct it.

So there you have it folks--the truth of the matter. Just remember when you read accusations against a brother--remember who the "accuser of the brethren" is.

stated like a true dannyclone..... spin on spin on.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 26 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]180734[/snapback]

Bystander cruel? You must have the wrong person Pastor Johann. I know him personally and he is not cruel. I'm afraid you and your wife have been duped by Linda as well as others by her willingness to alledgedly play the part of the victim--you know, the "poor me" syndrome and "pity party" method. But then many on this board have been rude and condescending towards Bystander, making fun of him, using his forum name as a means of ridicule--it would seem your wife might feel sorry for Bystander because of this.

Bystander lies with distain? Nope--wrong again! Could you list his lies here for me? I happen to know that if any of his information posted was incorrect, Bystander would be the first to correct it.

So there you have it folks--the truth of the matter. Just remember when you read accusations against a brother--remember who the "accuser of the brethren" is.

Ah yes.... "the "poor me" syndrome and "pity party" method." What a simply GREAT description of the Thursday night "live" TV specials....

.....................TVsnack.gif.............

all together now... let's hear it for the announcer and supporting cast..... rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

Sorry Lee... the mirror trick ain't workin no mo.......

We know who the words apply to... so trying to project them onto Johann and this board......

Not working.... the spin mechanism done broke down..... thumbdown.gif .............. wave.gif ...........

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 26 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]180734[/snapback]

Hmm...interesting that you should use that phrase. I noticed yesterday on the sign in front of the Thompsonville SDA church that Hal Steenson was going to be preaching on that very topic.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 26 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]180734[/snapback]

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Monday, 09:01 AM)

Hmm...interesting that you should use that phrase. I noticed yesterday on the sign in front of the Thompsonville SDA church that Hal Steenson was going to be preaching on that very topic.

Love those "aaahhhh hhhaaaa" moments?? giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 26 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 26 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]180763[/snapback]

huh.gif Interesting!

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[quote name='Whtz Happenin' date='Feb 26 2007, 01:43 AM' post='180679']
Fired by 3ABN in the early 1990's?

Confronted by his own family?

Before this article was published, had anyone heard about the two items above? I do not remember reading about this on this site or the save3abn site. Did I miss something?
[/quote

If you missed anything, it was only lies. TS was never fired in the 90's or any other time from 3abn and confronted by the family? I would think you would have to be in the family to know whether that was true or not.

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 26 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]180763[/snapback]

Yes that is interesting since Lee is thousands of miles away from southern Illinois. Maybe it was the Lord impressing her.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Feb 26 2007, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 26 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 26 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]180763[/snapback]

That is quite a coincidence!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 26 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]180794[/snapback]

That is quite a coincidence!

Read the post above yours PB. With God there are no coincidences.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 26 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Bystander wrote:
If you missed anything, it was only lies. TS was never fired in the 90's or any other time from 3abn and confronted by the family? I would think you would have to be in the family to know whether that was true or not .

Hmmm . . . . . Interesting implication.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 26 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]180799[/snapback]

Bystander wrote:

Hmmm . . . . . Interesting implication.

Yes it is...considering how many outsiders like to tell like to say, what happened, in the family. As always, they go on speculation, rumor and gossip. There is nothing more tiresome than strangers and outsiders discussing what goes on " at 3abn. " For lack of a better comparison, That would be like Joe blow on the street telling you what goes in your own household. Joe knows more than you because he "heard" it. By the time Joe gets through telling everyone he knows, and speculating and adding to it, YOU are the outsider. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 26 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Uhhhh, Bystander, I think you missed the point.........and as Forrest says, "that's all I have to say about that".
QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]180803[/snapback]

Yes it is...considering how many outsiders like to tell like to say, what happened, in the family. As always, they go on speculation, rumor and gossip. There is nothing more tiresome than strangers and outsiders discussing what goes on " at 3abn. " For lack of a better comparison, That would be like Joe blow on the street telling you what goes in your own household. Joe knows more than you because he "heard" it. By the time Joe gets through telling everyone he knows, and speculating and adding to it, YOU are the outsider. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 26 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN

Allegations at 3ABN

Shortly after Tommy resigned his post as pastor, Danny invited him to join 3ABN as production manager. During his time at 3ABN, a member of Tommy’s production staff, who was in his early twenties at the time, says Tommy made a sexual advance toward him.[/b] Shortly after what he calls his “uncomfortable situation,” the former employee says he confronted Danny Shelton with what had happened. In response, Danny assured the young man that he would no longer have to answer to Tommy and that 3ABN administrators would “work things out.”

In late 1992, Elder Bj Christensen, then president of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, [b]approached two members of Danny’s family, asking them to make a statement in regard to improprieties they had observed in Tommy’s behavior.
Elder Christiansen transcribed the statement and brought it to the attention of the 3ABN board, on which he then sat.

At a subsequent 3ABN board meeting, Tommy was terminated as production manager. Shortly thereafter, 3ABN outfitted him with a touring bus and sent him as a 3ABN representative, giving gospel concerts and promoting 3ABN to cable companies throughout the United States.

Connections in Virginia
Further allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced during his tenure in Dunn Loring, and in 2000, members of Tommy’s own family confronted him about what they saw as inappropriate activities between him and his adopted son. His family also shared their concerns about his relationship with an underage male from the church.
In the face of the new allegations, Tommy once again announced he was having medical problems ... Later that year, Tommy was hired as 3ABN tape and masters archive librarian, without the formal approval of the 3ABN board of directors, a group that had fired him just 10 years before....

Bystander,
Would you characterize the Adventist Today article as truthful? Would you charaterize the Adventist Today article as untruthful? Do you know either way? Your response to Whtz Happenin (pasted in below) was a little unclear. It seems you were saying "it was only lies". But then why was Tommy removed as production manager and sent touring in a bus? Or did he never actually leave the production department and then never went touring on a bus?
I would be very appreciative if you would take the Adventist Today article and critique it section by section. I think that would be extremely helpful and informative.

If you missed anything, it was only lies. TS was never fired in the 90's or any other time from 3abn and confronted by the family? I would think you would have to be in the family to know whether that was true or not.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]180803[/snapback]

So, I take it that since you know that the claims Whtz Happenin was referring to are all lies, you aren't Joe Blow on the street - you are, instead, someone within the Shelton family who knows for a fact that the claims are untrue?

If not part of the Shelton clan, wouldn't you be just speculating yourself?

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Feb 26 2007, 02:50 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 26 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

PB, you were supposed to give him jes a little more rope with that one, and you would have had to asked this question. giggle.gif
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 26 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]180810[/snapback]

So, I take it that since you know that the claims Whtz Happenin was referring to are all lies, you aren't Joe Blow on the street - you are, instead, someone within the Shelton family who knows for a fact that the claims are untrue?

If not part of the Shelton clan, wouldn't you be just speculating yourself?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 26 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN

Allegations at 3ABN

Shortly after Tommy resigned his post as pastor, Danny invited him to join 3ABN as production manager. During his time at 3ABN, a member of Tommy’s production staff, who was in his early twenties at the time, says Tommy made a sexual advance toward him. Shortly after what he calls his “uncomfortable situation,” the former employee says he confronted Danny Shelton with what had happened. In response, Danny assured the young man that he would no longer have to answer to Tommy and that 3ABN administrators would “work things out.”

In late 1992, Elder Bj Christensen, then president of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, approached two members of Danny’s family, asking them to make a statement in regard to improprieties they had observed in Tommy’s behavior. Elder Christiansen transcribed the statement and brought it to the attention of the 3ABN board, on which he then sat.

At a subsequent 3ABN board meeting, Tommy was terminated as production manager. Shortly thereafter, 3ABN outfitted him with a touring bus and sent him as a 3ABN representative, giving gospel concerts and promoting 3ABN to cable companies throughout the United States.

Connections in Virginia
Further allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced during his tenure in Dunn Loring, and in 2000, members of Tommy’s own family confronted him about what they saw as inappropriate activities between him and his adopted son. His family also shared their concerns about his relationship with an underage male from the church.

In the face of the new allegations, Tommy once again announced he was having medical problems ... Later that year, Tommy was hired as 3ABN tape and masters archive librarian, without the formal approval of the 3ABN board of directors, a group that had fired him just 10 years before.

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 26 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]180679[/snapback]

Fired by 3ABN in the early 1990's?

Confronted by his own family?

Before this article was published, had anyone heard about the two items above? I do not remember reading about this on this site or the save3abn site. Did I miss something?

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]180792[/snapback]

A strong statement, which yours is, does not mean that the statement is true. If you are going to answer with a strong statement and use a word such as "never" then you have to include a reason we should believe you. Otherwise, do not reply.

I would think you would have to be in the human resources department and "in the family" to know whether your "never" statement is true.
QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]180803[/snapback]

If Joe Blow told others about a crime in my household that did not happen and it spread around the world; when it came back to me I would open up my house and do everything I could to show the world that it did not happen. I would ask questions like, "what did you see Joe that would make you think this happened?" I would defend my household and show the world that Joe Blow is a phony.

If the crime did happen in my household, then I would have already reported it. If I was the one that committed the crime, then I pray that I would state the truth and accept the consequences, not that this would be easy.

If the crime did happen in my household and I did not want to take responsiblity for what happened, then I would lock the place down and have my lawyers send out threatening letters to anyone that steps on my property. Even then I would not send out letters blaming everyone for what I "might" have done and how hard it is on me because of what others are doing to me. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

Now, thtz Whtz Happenin!

Ok... my 20 centz. Anyone have some change?

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Feb 26 2007, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 26 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 26 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]180816[/snapback]

A strong statement, which yours is, does not mean that the statement is true. If you are going to answer with a strong statement and use a word such as "never" then you have to include a reason we should believe you. Otherwise, do not reply.

I would think you would have to be in the human resources department and "in the family" to know whether your "never" statement is true.
If Joe Blow told others about a crime in my household that did not happen and it spread around the world; when it came back to me I would open up my house and do everything I could to show the world that it did not happen. I would ask questions like, "what did you see Joe that would make you think this happened?" I would defend my household and show the world that Joe Blow is a phony.

If the crime did happen in my household, then I would have already reported it. If I was the one that committed the crime, then I pray that I would state the truth and accept the consequences, not that this would be easy.

If the crime did happen in my household and I did not want to take responsiblity for what happened, then I would lock the place down and have my lawyers send out threatening letters to anyone that steps on my property. Even then I would not send out letters blaming everyone for what I "might" have done and how hard it is on me because of what others are doing to me.

Now, thtz Whtz Happenin!

Ok... my 20 centz. Anyone have some change?

Whtz Happenin,

You spent that 20 centz wizely and I hope it brings some change!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church