Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12505&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:14 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AToday NewBreak Article on 3ABN
PeacefulBe
post Feb 20 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]179600[/snapback]

Erik, thanks for understanding my post without trying to tear it apart.
My opinion on the other since you ask....Of course she didn't write the letters. Do I believe she was responsible in some way? I believe she is. Who would have given Glenn Drydens name to Gailon Joy or Bob Pickle. Everything snowballed from there. guilt or innocence of TS is a moot point here. All that was needed was a name dropped to start a circus. Dryden's name is not known in Adventist circles. Add it up.

No, it is not a moot point here. TS is still responsible for TS's own behavior and, if DS attempted to keep that behavior secret by intimidation, cover-up or obfuscation DS is responsible as well.

Pastoral sexual assault + pastoral sexual assault = pastoral sexual assault

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]179600[/snapback]

Erik, thanks for understanding my post without trying to tear it apart.
My opinion on the other since you ask....Of course she didn't write the letters. Do I believe she was responsible in some way? I believe she is. Who would have given Glenn Drydens name to Gailon Joy or Bob Pickle. Everything snowballed from there. guilt or innocence of TS is a moot point here. All that was needed was a name dropped to start a circus. Dryden's name is not known in Adventist circles. Add it up.

Bystander,

I believe that pickle said he got the name from a church leader, so not sure how that can be Linda's doing.

Secondly did not Mr. Dryden write to the 3abn board president about Tommy, and it greatly appears that that Issue was not checked out correctly at that time, based on the facts that have come forward.

Also am i understand you correctly that you linda( if she is the only source of Dryden name) should have said nothing and let a pastor that preys on young men have plenty of face time on global TV, I personal have a great problem with that idea.

Tommy is not a moot point in this whole thing, if nothing else it shows a HUGE, HUGE double standard at 3abn, that being female sexual sin is punished, and male sexual sin is not.

Try and find a text in the bible that backs that one up.

I fully Agree that Linda "sins" that are said to have been why she was released from 3abn, Are in act totally different then the "sins" of tommy. but that does not make Tommy's actions moot.

I would have thought you could see that.

Erik

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 20 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

- - -
Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

You have to pardon me, Bystander, but I am not a child, so I have no way of seeing the discrepancies that you see. I see a much greater discrepancy in what you are saying about the source of information. But I was not born in Southern Illinois, so the gift of seeing things the way you see was not given to me at birth. And I see a lot more dicrepancies in many of your other posts. I wish you would write and explain things so that I can understand it - that would make this all so much easier.

You remind me of a chemistry teacher I had in an adult class, who assured us that anyone with common sence would clearly see what he was explaing to us. In reality not a single student in that class had any idea what he was talking about. You, Bystader, formulate your thoughts and ideas in a similar vein. Use honest and plain language and you might be able to clear up all of this mess within a short time.

This post has been edited by ida: Feb 20 2007, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(ida @ Feb 21 2007, 01:21 AM) [snapback]179656[/snapback]

You have to pardon me, Bystander, but I am not a child, so I have no way of seeing the discrepancies that you see. I see a much greater discrepancy in what you are saying about the source of information. But I was not born in Southern Illinois, so the gift of seeing things the way you see was not given to me at birth. And I see a lot more dicrepancies in many of your other posts. I wish you would write and explain things so that I can understand it - that would make this all so much easier.

You remind me of a chemistry teacher I had in an adult class, who assured us that anyone with common sence would clearly see what he was explaing to us. In reality not a single student in that class had any idea what he was talking about. You, Bystader, formulate your thoughts and ideas in a similar vein. Use honest and plain language and you might be able to clear up all of this mess within a short time.

What happened to Bystander? Did he get whisked away?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 25 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]180585[/snapback]

Probably a changing of the guard.. or
Reloading of crapola to spew and spin...or
you get the idea...

I'm sure that wwjd/bystander sure wish they had gagged Linda for many more years...they seem aweful worried about what she might say given the chance. If they could, they would put tape over her mouth, bribe and convince all her "friends" to go away, because she shouldn't have any friends, and cut off all the "leaders" in the church from her fully to keep her pinned down and out of the public eye all together. Ever wonder WHY???? But, they can't do that, so they come here and work their evil from here. Can you spell t r a n s p a r a n c y??? As from the beginning, they seek to crush her to keep the attention off THEM. Yep...NOT WORKING. Didnt' work then, not working now (especially).

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 25 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Maybe he's off on the jet somewhere. More likely the Dannynites and Dannyscribes finally figured out what some of us have been saying, that they are doing more harm than good by defending themselves here.

Richard

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]180585[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

- - -
This board takes anything and everything said and puts the "I heard", I think, It appears, and It seems spin on it with no facts to back it up. Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

This statement entitles you to use the title Byslander.

I have a lot more information from Mr. Danny Shelton than from Linda. In conformity with her gag order Linda has rather restrained me. My statements here are based on what I experienced right from the beginning.

If the Dannyscribes think they gain more credibility by blaming Linda for being behind all the information given, they missed the boat and saddled the wrong horse in their escapades.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 26 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]180651[/snapback]

This statement entitles you to use the title Byslander.

I have a lot more information from Mr. Danny Shelton than from Linda. In conformity with her gag order Linda has rather restrained me. My statements here are based on what I experienced right from the beginning.

Restrained you from what if she isn't telling you anything. You have stated that you and your first wife
loved her as a daughter. You have said the same for your second wife. since when does a "daughter" not tell all to her surrogate parents, if, she loves and trusts them in return.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 26 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Exactly right Bystander! I'd like to hear Pastor Johann's answer.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 26 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 08:02 AM) [snapback]180670[/snapback]

Restrained you from what if she isn't telling you anything. You have stated that you and your first wife
loved her as a daughter. You have said the same for your second wife. since when does a "daughter" not tell all to her surrogate parents, if, she loves and trusts them in return.

You have noticed here on this net that several people, who were in doubt, were convinced because of the information given by Danny Shelton and his scribes.

I my former reply to you I stated that Danny Shelton was also my main source. If it had not been for him I would never have suspected what happened. He made too many blunders to be trustworthy. It was not worthy of a man in charge of such a great ministry.

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]180673[/snapback]

Exactly right Bystander! I'd like to hear Pastor Johann's answer.

I trust that you have digested my reply!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 26 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 12 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]177703[/snapback]

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN

Allegations at 3ABN

Shortly after Tommy resigned his post as pastor, Danny invited him to join 3ABN as production manager. During his time at 3ABN, a member of Tommy’s production staff, who was in his early twenties at the time, says Tommy made a sexual advance toward him. Shortly after what he calls his “uncomfortable situation,” the former employee says he confronted Danny Shelton with what had happened. In response, Danny assured the young man that he would no longer have to answer to Tommy and that 3ABN administrators would “work things out.”

In late 1992, Elder Bj Christensen, then president of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, approached two members of Danny’s family, asking them to make a statement in regard to improprieties they had observed in Tommy’s behavior. Elder Christiansen transcribed the statement and brought it to the attention of the 3ABN board, on which he then sat.

At a subsequent 3ABN board meeting, Tommy was terminated as production manager. Shortly thereafter, 3ABN outfitted him with a touring bus and sent him as a 3ABN representative, giving gospel concerts and promoting 3ABN to cable companies throughout the United States.

Connections in Virginia
Further allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced during his tenure in Dunn Loring, and in 2000, members of Tommy’s own family confronted him about what they saw as inappropriate activities between him and his adopted son. His family also shared their concerns about his relationship with an underage male from the church.

In the face of the new allegations, Tommy once again announced he was having medical problems ... Later that year, Tommy was hired as 3ABN tape and masters archive librarian, without the formal approval of the 3ABN board of directors, a group that had fired him just 10 years before.

Fired by 3ABN in the early 1990's?

Confronted by his own family?

Before this article was published, had anyone heard about the two items above? I do not remember reading about this on this site or the save3abn site. Did I miss something?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 26 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 26 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]180679[/snapback]

Fired by 3ABN in the early 1990's?

Confronted by his own family?

Before this article was published, had anyone heard about the two items above? I do not remember reading about this on this site or the save3abn site. Did I miss something?

This is getting the attention of the media and various nets, bloggs, etc., uhm.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 26 2007, 04:53 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 26 2007, 08:02 AM) [snapback]180670[/snapback]

Restrained you from what if she isn't telling you anything. You have stated that you and your first wife loved her as a daughter. You have said the same for your second wife. since when does a "daughter" not tell all to her surrogate parents, if, she loves and trusts them in return.

Perhaps you have never experienced a decent love relationship? It can be much more than that. What especially endeared Linda to Irmgard was when she witnessed the cruelty and lies that Danny Shelton and his scribes served on Linda to the whole world.

And when my present wife reads all of your cruel statements and sees the disdain with which you treat the co-founder of 3ABN, she feels that Linda needs our love and protection. It appears to her that this great institution, 3ABN, no longer is ruled by Heavenly Agents, but by people overtaken by cruelty, who use sacrilegious methods in an attempt to appear genuine. You can judge by yourself, but this is how the picture painted by you appears in these quarters, and not only by us, but by a growing number of Church leaders I have associated with during the 50 years I served the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a church school teacher, pastor, Bible teacher, director of lay activities, Sabbath School, youth and pathfinder, stewardship, health and temperance, literature, and longest of all as Director of Media and Communications, in about seven various conferences and unions in about that many different countries in three hemispheres.

Therefore I have many friends, and they are also watching your cruelty and lack of deportment behind the official facade. Best of all, many of them are praying for us, and that this institution will be cleansed of evil, that it can perform the task it was called to perform for the Lord.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 26 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 12 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]177703[/snapback]

Just got this in my email - I went to get the link off the web so I could just post it here, but I don't see they have it yet (or I can't find it huh.gif ) listed on the website as it is a "newsbreak" and will be there. So, forgive the long post, if I should do this a different way (Calvin, Clay, Di) let me know. It's worth the read. yes.gif

**********************************************************************************
ADVENTIST NEWS Round up

Tommy Shelton Retires from 3ABN
Virginia church meets to address allegations of sexual misconduct

By Edwin D. Schwisow, for ATNewsbreak (09 February 2007).

Facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, Tommy Shelton, production manager at Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) and brother of 3ABN President Danny Shelton, announced his retirement in a December 31, 2006 broadcast of 3ABN Live. Although not owned or operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, many of 3ABN’s employees and volunteers are Adventist Church members. In a telephone interview with a representative of Adventist Today, Danny Shelton confirmed that his brother had left the employ of 3ABN for “health reasons.”
Virginia Church Allegations

Tommy Shelton’s retirement comes just four weeks after the Community Church of God in Dunn Loring, Virginia, held a December 3, 2006, business meeting to address accusations made by several young men that Tommy had molested them while he was pastor of the church. Following the meeting, church leaders read a carefully-worded statement, apprising the congregation of the accusations against Shelton and how they, as parishioners, should best respond. The church leaders prepared the statement under the advisement of their insurance carrier, Brotherhood Mutual, which had become involved after a young man came to the church with allegations that Tommy, during his pastorate, had molested him. The young was a minor when he says was abused. He is the third in recent months to come forward to Community Church of God leaders, accusing Shelton of making inappropriate sexual advances, according to Glenn Dryden, current pastor of the church.

A History of Allegations

This is not the first time Tommy has been accused of inappropriate sexual activity with underage males. During much of the 1980s, Tommy pastored the Ezra Church of God in his hometown of West Frankfort, Illinois. While there, he worked closely with a 12-grade school, whose property bordered the church. During this time, a teenage boy, who was a student at the school, accused Tommy of soliciting him for a sexual relationship. According to Dryden, who pastored the West Frankfort church in the 1990s, three additional boys also made similar allegations, prompting civil authorities to become involved. Following a police investigation, Tommy was not charged with a crime, but the allegations were serious enough to prompt Church of God officials to intervene. In a letter dated October 25, 1985, the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois revoked Tommy’s ordination. They listed their reasons for doing so as “improper counseling procedures,” “numerous charges of misconduct,” a criminal investigation into sexual abuse charges by the local police, and controversy surrounding Tommy’s ministry and lifestyle. Ultimately Tommy’s lack of cooperation in the disciplinary process, Dryden says, led the Church of God in Illinois to drop the Ezra Church of God from its roster of affiliated congregations.

In the early 1990s, further allegations of sexual misconduct were brought against Tommy and in 1991 Tommy resigned as pastor of the Ezra Church of God, citing health concerns.

Allegations at 3ABN

Shortly after Tommy resigned his post as pastor, Danny invited him to join 3ABN as production manager. During his time at 3ABN, a member of Tommy’s production staff, who was in his early twenties at the time, says Tommy made a sexual advance toward him. Shortly after what he calls his “uncomfortable situation,” the former employee says he confronted Danny Shelton with what had happened. In response, Danny assured the young man that he would no longer have to answer to Tommy and that 3ABN administrators would “work things out.”

In late 1992, Elder Bj Christensen, then president of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, approached two members of Danny’s family, asking them to make a statement in regard to improprieties they had observed in Tommy’s behavior. Elder Christiansen transcribed the statement and brought it to the attention of the 3ABN board, on which he then sat.

At a subsequent 3ABN board meeting, Tommy was terminated as production manager. Shortly thereafter, 3ABN outfitted him with a touring bus and sent him as a 3ABN representative, giving gospel concerts and promoting 3ABN to cable companies throughout the United States.

Connections in Virginia

During the time he was promoting 3ABN, he visited the Community Church of God in Dunn Loring. After learning that Tommy had experience with media ministry, the church offered him a position as a media consultant. Later he was hired as assistant pastor for media ministries. When the church’s senior pastor left for missionary service in March 1996, Tommy was named as his replacement.

Further allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced during his tenure in Dunn Loring, and in 2000, members of Tommy’s own family confronted him about what they saw as inappropriate activities between him and his adopted son. His family also shared their concerns about his relationship with an underage male from the church.

In the face of the new allegations, Tommy once again announced he was having medical problems in 2002 and resigned as pastor of the Community Church of God, moving with his wife and family to Marion, Kentucky, an hour and a half drive from 3ABN. Later that year, Tommy was hired as 3ABN tape and masters archive librarian, without the formal approval of the 3ABN board of directors, a group that had fired him just 10 years before.

Pastor Contacts 3ABN

In the spring of 2003, Dryden, then pastor of the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, penned a letter outlining his concerns about Tommy Shelton. He distributed it to a handful of leaders of Church of God camp meeting associations, whom he knew, in the past, had invited Tommy to speak at their church meetings.

He later sent the letter to Dr. Walter Thompson, 3ABN board chairman, advising him that “at least six boys in our community were sexually abused” by Tommy. He told Thompson that Tommy’s ordination was not in good standing with either the Church of God in Illinois or Virginia and offered to give Thompson the phone numbers of the family members of Tommy’s purported victims so that 3ABN could follow up on the situation.

Thompson spoke with Dryden and then brought the letter to the attention of Danny Shelton. Danny brushed the letter off as 30-year old news, attributing it to a long-standing feud between Dryden and Tommy. After meeting with Danny, Thompson brought the letter to the full 3ABN board at its June 2003 meeting. The board, due to its belief that the events had happened many years before; Tommy’s assurance that he had attempted to make things right; and the fact that no legal action had been taken against Tommy, voted to allow Tommy’s relationship with 3ABN to continue.

Further Allegations

In the Spring of 2004, Roger W. Clem, a 32 year-old man who had attended the Ezra Church of God during his teenage years, released a letter he had written to Tommy, accusing him of sexual abuse. In his letter, which he later posted on the Internet, Clem claims Tommy had ruined 15 years of his life. He says that he is sick of Tommy’s manipulative behavior, including his claims of illness to divert attention away from allegations of sexual misconduct.

On June 4, 2004, Linda Shelton signed a Separation Agreement with 3ABN, ending her employment with the ministry. Later that year, Tommy moved into her old office at 3ABN and assumed her role as programming director. During his time at 3ABN he traveled with his brother to 3ABN gatherings around the world, many times playing the piano as Danny sang. He also began playing the piano for the Kids Time show on 3ABN.

Late in 2006, Duane Klem, Roger’s brother, shared with close associates that Tommy had molested him, as well. In a statement released in January 2007, Klem accused Tommy of initiating a sexual relationship with him when he was 19, at times using 3ABN buildings for their assignations. Klem says the growing number of allegations against Tommy prompted him to come forward with
his claims.

I have bolded a passage above, in red, pertaining to an issue that no one has commented upon. Both Danny and Tommy have been accused of "inappropriate activities" toward individuals that were raised in their own homes, as their own children. Linda's daughter was raised in Danny's home and Tommy's adopted son was raised in his home, in both cases there are allegations of "inappropriate activities". Two Brothers, Danny and Tommy, share the same behavior; the only difference is the gender of the victims. Is a pattern developing before us? Why do both Danny and Tommy find this behavior acceptable within their families? Is it still incest when the child has no blood connection with the father figure, but has been raised within the same home as his child? Ethically, I believe the answer is a resounding, "YES!".

Sister

This post has been edited by sister: Feb 26 2007, 07:19 AM

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 26 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 26 2007, 05:53 AM) [snapback]180697[/snapback]

Perhaps you have never experienced a decent love relationship? It can be much more than that. What especially endeared Linda to Irmgard was when she witnessed the cruelty and lies that Danny Shelton and his scribes served on Linda to the whole world.

And when my present wife reads all of your cruel statements and sees the disdain with which you treat the co-founder of 3ABN, she feels that Linda needs our love and protection.

Therefore I have many friends, and they are also watching your cruelty and lack of deportment behind the official facade. Best of all, many of them are praying for us, and that this institution will be cleansed of evil, that it can perform the task it was called to perform for the Lord.

Bystander cruel? You must have the wrong person Pastor Johann. I know him personally and he is not cruel. I'm afraid you and your wife have been duped by Linda as well as others by her willingness to alledgedly play the part of the victim--you know, the "poor me" syndrome and "pity party" method. But then many on this board have been rude and condescending towards Bystander, making fun of him, using his forum name as a means of ridicule--it would seem your wife might feel sorry for Bystander because of this.

Bystander lies with distain? Nope--wrong again! Could you list his lies here for me? I happen to know that if any of his information posted was incorrect, Bystander would be the first to correct it.

So there you have it folks--the truth of the matter. Just remember when you read accusations against a brother--remember who the "accuser of the brethren" is.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church