Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12554&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public
watchbird
post Feb 17 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 17 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]178917[/snapback]

Let's stick to and be grounded in The Word.

~ Aletheia

This would be a very good principle. It will not, however, be helpful unless we have learned enough spiritual discernment to recognize Pentecostal "scripture twisting" when we see it. For there is hardly anyone who quotes more scripture than a Pentecostal.

But when the fundamental belief system upon which we stand when we read scripture is different... then the interpretations and applications are going to be different.

And we will drift from a truly scriptural ground to a spiritualistical ground.... and we will not know when Satan insinuates himself into the doctrines in his predicted "angel of light" disguise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 17 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 17 2007, 12:05 AM) [snapback]178837[/snapback]

Yes, it is a serious thing to go against the will of God.

Benny Hinn warns us this way:

"The Holy Ghost is upon me...The day is coming when those that attack us will drop dead. You say, 'What did you say?' I speak this under the anointing of the Spirit. Can I tell you something? Don't touch God's servants; it's deadly...Woe to you that touch God's servants. You're going to pay. 'And the day will come," the Lord said that to me. He said, "The day will come when I will punish instantly. Woe to those that touch my chosen.' They will fear us. Hear this: today they mock us; tomorrow they will fear us." - "Miracle Invasion Rally," Anaheim Convention Center, 11/22/91

Do you think that it would be deadly for me to question Benny Hinn? He is the Lord's chosen, isn't he? If he says the Holy Ghost is upon him, do I have a right to quesiton that?

God told Benny Hinn, right?

If I have relatives that want to climb up on the stage with Benny at the Miracle Invasion "Rally" do I have a right to say anything, or will my opposition to "the chosen" cause my demise?

Notice also that Benny Hinn has "the anointing." Can I question someone who has been anointed?

And remember, when the chosen has been anointed, that's just not for one day, either, as I learned watching 3ABN on a Thursday night.

Things to think about.

We aren't cult Busters Pete, that would be those in the antichrist system.

We are to bring down NO ministry, whether Benny Hinn's or 3ABN's.

Warn about sin and error? Yes, only as as did Christ

Church discipline within our own denomination? Yes, only as Christ commanded.

That is all.

And you and Observer (post#64) both ignored Lee's question about what kind of judgments will God bring for slander talebearing, gossip, etc?

--edited for content by Aletheia--

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 17 2007, 05:34 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 17 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 17 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]178920[/snapback]

We aren't cult Busters Gregory, that is the antichrist.

Warn about sin and error? Yes, as did Christ

Church discipline within our own denomination? Yes,as Christ commanded.

That is all.

And you ignored Lee's question what kind of judgments will God bring for slander talebearing, gossip, etc?

Aletheia, your quote was from Panama Pete, not me--Gregory Matthews.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Feb 17 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

Here is my human judgment. Based upon my observation of Linda on 3abn she doesn't seem to be a person who would commit adultery easily, so I don't think she committed adultery with the doctor. However, she does seem to be a very head strong person who is very confident of herself and the decisions that she makes. I have not read all of the threads, but from my understanding she was advised by several persons concerning her relationship with the doctor and that it was uneccessary to take a trip to see him. It seems that she was ignoring all the advice given to her, that is probably why she is being accused now of things she may not have done.

Linda's letter sounds good but has she ever given any detailed proof of her whereabouts with the doctor at all times she was with him. Was she ever alone with him behind closed doors for a long period of time. Maybe she should give some proof that she did not commit adultery with the doctor since the other side doesn't have any proof that she did commit adultery.

The question arises in my mind: Was Linda a person who was willing to take advice from other persons. Yes, Danny may have major faults, but I think Linda has helped to contribute to her dismissal from 3abn.

These thoughts are my human judgment, I may be wrong.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 17 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

I think Linda has helped to contribute to her dismissal from 3abn.

It has been said that many people at 3-ABN did not like her, and were glad to see her gone (not an exact quote). So what? I do not have to like my boss. I have to work with him. People at 3-ABN did not have to like her.

Other statements have been made about Linda that reflect badly upon her leadership. So what? According to statements released by 3-ABN she was fired due to an inappropriate relationship with a male not her husband. On that basis nothing else is important. It the real issue had been Linda's incompetence, she could have been fired if found to be incompetent. That was not why she was fired.

We who are on the so-called Linda's Team have never claimed that Linda was perfect.

Our issue is what we believe to be false charges that imply adultery, on some level, and the way she was treated in this process.

If she had been fired because the staff did not like her, or that she was incompetent, we would not be in this situation today.

Linda worked at 3-ABN for some 18 - 20 years. That was more than enough time for people to see her faults, and fire her, if those faults existed. Why would any organization keep an employee for going on almost 20 years if they were not liked by the staff, and incompetent?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 17 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 17 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]178923[/snapback]

Aletheia, your quote was from Panama Pete, not me--Gregory Matthews.

OoOops... I apologise for my mistake. I'll edit my post. Thanks for letting me know.

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Feb 17 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Where is the proof that she committed adultery and where is the proof that she did not commit adultery. Everyone seems to be using their own human judgment, including Danny Shelton and the other person who it seems helped in making the accussation of adultery.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 17 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

2Cr 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

I like to check Scriptural references. The above quote appears to be from the KJV (not the NKJV), and a mis-mash from 2 Corinthians 1: 20 and 21 and I John 2:28. So it does not appear to me to be a direct quote from I Cor. 1:20, but additional Biblical material was added, with out giving the source.

It is clear that the Bible does refer to God's people being anointed, especially in the Old Testament, but also in the New Testament. That is more often used in reference to OT prophets, and kings.

But, to use a phrase such as "The Anointed One," is much more specific. Used in that way one might justly think of Christ.

In any case, I would not use such a phrase to apply to a human unless I considered that person to be either comparable to Christ, or to be a prophet such as Samuel in the OT.

I would not use that of Danney Shelton, as I do not make those comparisons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jene
post Feb 17 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

QUOTE(Treniece @ Feb 17 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]178924[/snapback]

Here is my human judgment. Based upon my observation of Linda on 3abn she doesn't seem to be a person who would commit adultery easily, so I don't think she committed adultery with the doctor. However, she does seem to be a very head strong person who is very confident of herself and the decisions that she makes. I have not read all of the threads, but from my understanding she was advised by several persons concerning her relationship with the doctor and that it was uneccessary to take a trip to see him. It seems that she was ignoring all the advice given to her, that is probably why she is being accused now of things she may not have done.

Linda's letter sounds good but has she ever given any detailed proof of her whereabouts with the doctor at all times she was with him. Was she ever alone with him behind closed doors for a long period of time. Maybe she should give some proof that she did not commit adultery with the doctor since the other side doesn't have any proof that she did commit adultery.

The question arises in my mind: Was Linda a person who was willing to take advice from other persons. Yes, Danny may have major faults, but I think Linda has helped to contribute to her dismissal from 3abn.

OK Treniece, before everyone has a coniption fit please read the posts and other threads for that matter. Linda feels that she was given biased advice (click here for Linda's website) After reading more info from first hand eyewitnesses I think that you may be able to see that Linda's naivete was definitely preyed upon.

As for your quote in bold up above.....How in the world can you prove that you did not do something? I can say that you, Treniece are a whore who was "working" last night. How are you going to prove that is not true? You can't!! I know I'm being way too dramatic but please understand my point. It is for that reason that our justice system is built on the principle of innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. There is a certain amount of insecurity and paranoia at hand when a husband does not want his wife to fly out and meet or conversate with a doctor who is treating her son. A doctor I might add that may very well be her only son's last resort.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 17 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 17 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]178920[/snapback]

We aren't cult Busters Gregory, that is the antichrist.

Warn about sin and error? Yes, as did Christ

Church discipline within our own denomination? Yes,as Christ commanded.

That is all.

And you ignored Lee's question what kind of judgments will God bring for slander talebearing, gossip, etc?

Actually, it was I who mentioned Benny Hinn, not Gregory.

As for Lee's question, it seems to be based on the false premise that concerns have been falsehoods, and that judgement is the next order of business. I think that conclusion is a little presumptuous, therefore, the question is, at the very least, premature.

As for Benny Hinn in my post, there's nothing there about "bringing down" Benny Hinn or anybody else.

Some have now thought that maybe Hope Channel would be better. Therefore, they have mentioned going to the cable companies and seeing if room could be found for Hope Channel, even if it means replacing 3ABN.

If Hope Channel did replace 3ABN on some cable systems, technically, that would be correct to say that some were requesting 3ABN be removed. As Seventh-day Adventists, there should be nothing wrong with promoting the Hope Channel.

I realize that some people will see promoting the Hope Channel as "bringing down" 3ABN. However, if the 3ABN folks can't get their act together, that's the way the cookie is going to crumble.

And there's no need to re-edit your post, I already saw it and I am responding to it.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Feb 17 2007, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 17 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Treniece @ Feb 17 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]178924[/snapback]

Treneice,
Recall that Linda went to Norway with Brenda (her then best friend) to visit her son Nathan in treatment. They were there 3 days I think it was. Wasn't that the only time she was there during her marriage? Those advising her were doing so based on what they were fed by DS, which with the help of Brenda, was the outward begining of getting rid of Linda.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Feb 17 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Brenda seems to be a nice person. Never judge a book by its cover - I guess. It seems the things said about Tommy are true and I never would have thought him to be that type of a person, in fact I thought he was a long time Adventist.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 17 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #88

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

SDA's are rapist, thieves, liars, molesters, spousal abusers, even murders.

I know you aren't - but we should not ever get it twisted. This denomination does everything and anything...... why? Because sin exists!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 17 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 17 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]178948[/snapback]

SDA's are rapist, thieves, liars, molesters, spousal abusers, even murders.

I know you aren't - but we should not ever get it twisted. This denomination does everything and anything...... why? Because sin exists!

It ALWAYS gets me when I hear someone say "but, I thought he/she is an SDA" or "but they are adventists" or "not an adventist". The presumption that being an SDA makes you something other then a sinful person, someone exempt from a particular behaviour, has ofen become a suprising dissapointment. We put these kinds of expectations on people simply because they claim to be SDA, which is also why we have so much righteous judgement that goes on too - you know, being an SDA gives you the authority to judge because YOU know better, because you are special, you are an SDA after all! You suddenly have been elavated to a super-christian position.... I had a boss that saw himself this way and the judgement of others always came rolling from his lips.....he felt justified to make the calls everytime. He hurt many people and never seem to care.

The devil has thought of everything. The scary similarity is that the Jews did the same thing. And they missed the proverbial boat. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 17 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #90

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 17 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]178949[/snapback]

It ALWAYS gets me when I hear someone say "but, I thought he/she is an SDA" or "but they are adventists" or "not an adventist". The presumption that being an SDA makes you something other then a sinful person, someone exempt from a particular behaviour, has ofen become a suprising dissapointment. We put these kinds of expectations on people simply because they claim to be SDA, which is also why we have so much righteous judgement that goes on too - you know, being an SDA gives you the authority to judge because YOU know better, because you are special, you are an SDA after all! You suddenly have been elavated to a super-christian position.... I had a boss that saw himself this way and the judgement of others always came rolling from his lips.....he felt justified to make the calls everytime. He hurt many people and never seem to care.

The devil has thought of everything. The scary similarity is that the Jews did the same thing. And they missed the proverbial boat. scratchchin.gif

OOOoooo!!!

Dead on pernt!
yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church