Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12571&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thursday Night "live" 2-15-07, Fact or Fiction?
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 17 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #91

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 16 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]178688[/snapback]

FHB,

IF the Proof is so solid why has 3abn waited and waited to release it, and is now by your own words
waiting to release it until they get into court.

FHB, there are two courts in the modern world one is the legal court the rules there fairly clear, but then there is the court of public option the rules there are even less clear, and i might add often the rulings by these courts is different.

I would think that 3abn would be much more interested int he court of public option, thent he ruling of judge somewhere. They could easily win before judge, and still lose before the people.

...and in this case they will very well lose both.
QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Feb 16 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]178709[/snapback]

If Danny had put away his wife quietly and not had his people send out email and letters saying what a terrible person she is, I would not be here reading these threads. Public actions produce public reactions.

Dead on! In other words - IF he was actually in the "right" and did it "right" there would be nothing to hear....read...speak on.....

...but since he didn't - then it's so on and poppin'!
boxing.gif 2guns.gif boxing.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]178772[/snapback]

Month or months I'm not going to quibble over words, i am not really positive which was said, I'll watch it again and see.

In any case I had the understanding from what was said, that sometime before the last show things were good, and that they have gone down since then...

Then why comment on it? Why comment on something that you are not "sure" of - positive of?

I stand behind my comments. If I am wrong I can admit thus - when shown proof. dunno.gif

You were wrong. You admitted thus when shown proof. That takes guts considering you don't ever admit being wrong when you are wrong on here. You are beginning to change; and change is good..... yes.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]178772[/snapback]

I've noticed that jealous and bitter people often see, hear, and perceive things differently then others.

Pot...Kettle...Black. You were on the right track...then this.....
sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 17 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #92

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Feb 16 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]178709[/snapback]

If Danny had put away his wife quietly and not had his people send out email and letters saying what a terrible person she is, I would not be here reading these threads. Public actions produce public reactions.
Rosyroi

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 17 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]178939[/snapback]

Dead on! In other words - IF he was actually in the "right" and did it "right" there would be nothing to hear....read...speak on.....

I don't know who is right and who is lying when it comes to Linda committing adultery. I wasn't there.

I disagree. Danny/3abn did want to do this quietly. They would have liked nothing better than to erase all evidence of Linda ever being there and never make mention of her again. This by the way, this is what they attempted to do. But then Linda fought back with her website, discussion boards provided the venue for open and public discussion …or should I say BSDA did, now save3abn.com and the Atoday article. They where forced to respond with the public letters and this broadcast. They had little choice. This has been a public relations nightmare for them. With all the emails, letters, phone calls to 3abn from their donors and viewers it was more practice to respond publicly than to continue to address each inquiry separately. All the time hoping that each public response will silent his critics, but only raises more questions. He is really between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

The AToday article was particularly damaging. 3abn spend a lot of time discrediting AToday on the broadcast. But AToday is not to be dismissed; they are the leading independent Adventist news publication with a broad reach among Adventist. I don’t believe the broadcast would have taken place but for the AToday article.

Danny spoke repeatedly about the rumors on the Internet. Danny underestimated the power of instant communication, collaboration, and influence the Internet brings to bear…and Danny can’t control it, nor will threats of law suits control the outcry. He also underestimated the influence that Linda had on the ministry and the support for her. Maybe he thought 3abn was all about him and he was big enough to fill her absences.

Folks we are making a difference here. People are paying attention.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 17 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #93

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]178799[/snapback]

Mr J, For some reason you seem to think the topic of every thread you respond to me in, is me.

It is not, please detatch yourself from my rear bumper and move along...
blink.gif Dream on. rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 18 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 18 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]178972[/snapback]

I don't know who is right and who is lying when it comes to Linda committing adultery. I wasn't there.

I disagree. Danny/3abn did want to do this quietly. They would have liked nothing better than to erase all evidence of Linda ever being there and never make mention of her again. This by the way, this is what they attempted to do. But then Linda fought back with her website, discussion boards provided the venue for open and public discussion …or should I say BSDA did, now save3abn.com and the Atoday article. They where forced to respond with the public letters and this broadcast. They had little choice. This has been a public relations nightmare for them. With all the emails, letters, phone calls to 3abn from their donors and viewers it was more practice to respond publicly than to continue to address each inquiry separately. All the time hoping that each public response will silent his critics, but only raises more questions. He is really between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

The AToday article was particularly damaging. 3abn spend a lot of time discrediting AToday on the broadcast. But AToday is not to be dismissed; they are the leading independent Adventist news publication with a broad reach among Adventist. I don’t believe the broadcast would have taken place but for the AToday article.

Danny spoke repeatedly about the rumors on the Internet. Danny underestimated the power of instant communication, collaboration, and influence the Internet brings to bear…and Danny can’t control it, nor will threats of law suits control the outcry. He also underestimated the influence that Linda had on the ministry and the support for her. Maybe he thought 3abn was all about him and he was big enough to fill her absences.

Hi Calvin,
I don't like to disagree with the boss, but I do have one itty bitty comment!

3ABN did try and did succeed in wiping Linda off of the network, but it has been a weekly bashing ever since. I was there just a few days after Linda was booted out and watched (with many, many others) while Dan made a special segment where he announced what had happened. You know, the one with the tears and all. It started there and has spiraled out of control!

I believe the board wanted to do it quietly, but Dan's pride eats at him, so when he gets on camera it's a Linda hate-fest all over again.

Sorry, JMO.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 18 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #95

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 18 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]178976[/snapback]

Hi Calvin,

3ABN did try and did succeed in wiping Linda off of the network, but it has been a weekly bashing ever since. I was there just a few days after Linda was booted out and watched (with many, many others) while Dan made a special segment where he announced what had happened. You know, the one with the tears and all. It started there and has spiraled out of control!

I believe the board wanted to do it quietly, but Dan's pride eats at him, so when he gets on camera it's a Linda hate-fest all over again.

Sorry, JMO.

roflmao.gif You never have to apology for disagreeing with me. I hope everyone can recognize my member voice from my administrator voice.

Wow, I had no ideal of the bashing behind the scenes.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 18 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I did not get a chance to view the program.

But you raise a good point about fruits--if all or even some of the people the Lord used 3ABN to win are turned off to spiritual things by all these allegations, that's tragic. If the allegations are false, it's the propagators of such that are wrong. But if it's Danny & Co, well ...

And we're not even talking about the experience of the young men who say they were propositioned ... that's as bad or worse! (Does anyone here know any male that would make something like that up? I don't, no matter how much one man has against another!)

We'll have to wait until things are more firmly established than the dissembling and denial that apparently was broadcast over the airwaves tonight ...

I hope Linda's letter calling for the opening of evidence is heeded, then the spin machine will finally slow down ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Feb 18 2007, 01:38 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 18 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #97

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 16 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]178688[/snapback]

FHB,

IF the Proof is so solid why has 3abn waited and waited to release it, and is now by your own words
waiting to release it until they get into court.

FHB, there are two courts in the modern world one is the legal court the rules there fairly clear, but then there is the court of public option the rules there are even less clear, and i might add often the rulings by these courts is different.

I would think that 3abn would be much more interested int he court of public option, thent he ruling of judge somewhere. They could easily win before judge, and still lose before the people.

Erik

I wish others would come to the point just like you do, Eric.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 18 2007, 05:41 AM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 17 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]178972[/snapback]

A few comments on some excellent points:

1) From the very beginning, 3-ABN has mishandled this. Secular business and government has set a much more effective standard as to how to handle bad news that will likely become public. The do not get defensive. They meet it head on, and with the truth. They establish a framework where people can contact them and get authoritative, truthful answers.

I work in a hospital. A patient died due to an infection received from the hospital. It reached the media. We told the truth, to include what we were doing to protect patients, and to determine the cause of the infection. The public accepted the information we provided.

When the story first came out that Danny had divorced Linda, I contacted an official spokesperson at 3-ABN and I asked if that were true. That person told me that he/she would not comment on personal issues that involved Danny.

2) There have been several Internet forums (Club Adventist, MSDAOL, BSDA, and Adventist Today) who filled a role in bringing this to the attention of the public, and potentially resolution. I will suggest that the role of these Internet forums could make a good study for the power of the Internet in the instant information age. The SDA church had never before experienced the power that the people hold in their ability to communicate over the Internet, and to develop grass-roots support over wide geographic distances.

Folks, it is a new day for this denomination, and its leadership. God is leading.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Feb 18 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 17 2007, 10:44 PM)

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 18 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]178976[/snapback]

Hi Calvin,

Ya. Guess I'll have to disagree with the boss too.

I am cognizant of one slight detail which may be more or less unapparent to the casual observer. There was a campaign carried out by Danny against Linda. It was an underhanded one. We might nearly call it "Operation Public Awareness via Private Disclosure." Beyond the ordinary venues, it involved the so-called "private" means of personal telephone calls to all of the key leaders and persons of influence whom Danny might feel worthy of his personal time. I would like to know how many hundred hours he spent on the phone, domestic and international. Be aware that folks from the upper echelons on down were on Danny's list to share his side of the story, with all of its accompanying misrepresentations.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 18 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Feb 18 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]179007[/snapback]

Ya. Guess I'll have to disagree with the boss too.

I am cognizant of one slight detail which may be more or less unapparent to the casual observer. There was a campaign carried out by Danny against Linda. It was an underhanded one. We might nearly call it "Operation Public Awareness via Private Disclosure." Beyond the ordinary venues, it involved the so-called "private" means of personal telephone calls to all of the key leaders and persons of influence whom Danny might feel worthy of his personal time. I would like to know how many hundred hours he spent on the phone, domestic and international. Be aware that folks from the upper echelons on down were on Danny's list to share his side of the story, with all of its accompanying misrepresentations.

Thank you very much for this information, Greenie. This adds another dimension to the reports we have received from viewers who heard his not-so-veiled accusations against Linda in many telecasts starting at least by the time of the now infamous campmeeting where Johann and Arild were given the orders to leave the premises and not to return... under threat of being removed by law enforcement officers.... and where also Danny called on Mark Finley publicly and on camera to pray that Linda would return to him, even though this was before she had left, being only in non-attendence at the campmeeting at his insistance that she stay away.

From other reports, we could surmise that he had made private contacts besides this, but I don't recall anyone giving us this direct of a report before this.

Thank you very much.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 18 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 18 2007, 06:41 AM) [snapback]178998[/snapback]

A few comments on some excellent points:

1) From the very beginning, 3-ABN has mishandled this. Secular business and government has set a much more effective standard as to how to handle bad news that will likely become public. The do not get defensive. They meet it head on, and with the truth. They establish a framework where people can contact them and get authoritative, truthful answers.

I work in a hospital. A patient died due to an infection received from the hospital. It reached the media. We told the truth, to include what we were doing to protect patients, and to determine the cause of the infection. The public accepted the information we provided.

When the story first came out that Danny had divorced Linda, I contacted an official spokesperson at 3-ABN and I asked if that were true. That person told me that he/she would not comment on personal issues that involved Danny.

2) There have been several Internet forums (Club Adventist, MSDAOL, BSDA, and Adventist Today) who filled a role in bringing this to the attention of the public, and potentially resolution. I will suggest that the role of these Internet forums could make a good study for the power of the Internet in the instant information age. The SDA church had never before experienced the power that the people hold in their ability to communicate over the Internet, and to develop grass-roots support over wide geographic distances.

Folks, it is a new day for this denomination, and its leadership. God is leading.

Also excellent points Observer.

1. As to your first point, there are a number of reasons we have the first amendment clause that encourages the separation of church and state. What would happen if 3ABN spoke plainly and did not use religious conversational terrorism?

I have seen victims of medical malpractice refuse to sue their doctor simply because the doctor went to them immediately and acknowledged his mistake.

2. Does anyone really believe John Kerry meant to say something against our serviceman in his infamous blunder last fall? And when seen in its entirely it was a bad joke and taken out of context but in the end it did not matter. Kerry's bigger failure was taking so long to apologize.

Like many others have posted here, it is not trying to prove Linda's guilt or innocence that brought me here to learn more. It was the way things were handled by 3abn. In light of the more recent TS issues, the inconsistencies are even more glaring and incomprehensible.

As for a new age for the denomination and its leadership, I pray they are listening.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 19 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 16 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]178693[/snapback]

Luke chapter 7... how did Christ deal with the error in thought and deed of Simon the Pharisee? He pointed to the loving act of the woman of Nain and juxtaposed her actions against Simon's disrespect and haughty thinking... *in public*

You can only say that Christ handled each situation in the manner He knew it should be handled... which meant sometimes he did it privately... and sometimes He did not... cherry-picking a single instance and putting it forth as the only way Christ handled things is not rightly dividing the word.

In His service,
Mr. J

I know this will come as a shock, Mr. J, but the big difference here, is, you and the others are not Christ. You do not have the discernment of Christ, the sinlessness of Christ, nor do you have the loving and forgiving spirit of Christ. Therefore, it is not for you to judge period, much less, decide to point fingers, publicly or privately.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Feb 19 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #103

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 19 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]179235[/snapback]

I know this will come as a shock, Mr. J, but the big difference here, is, you and the others are not Christ. You do not have the discernment of Christ, the sinlessness of Christ, nor do you have the loving and forgiving spirit of Christ. Therefore, it is not for you to judge period, much less, decide to point fingers, publicly or privately.

... "you and the others are not Christ." ... Neither are you.

... "You do not have the discernment of Christ" ... Neither do you.

... "the sinlessness of Christ" ... Neither do you.

... "nor do you have the loving and forgiving spirit of Christ". ... Neither do you.

... "Therefore, it is not for you to judge period, much less, decide to point fingers, publicly or privately" ... Neither should you... Right?...

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 19 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #104

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 19 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]179235[/snapback]

Bystander, you that speaks with forked tongue, get thee behind us...

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 19 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 19 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]179235[/snapback]

If you had the good sense to make Danny see this 2+ years ago, you wouldn't be here now... and seeing that your statement above applies to you far more than it does to me... and yet you have done nothing but judge and point fingers since you came to this forum... not to mention your continued use of obfuscation and and outright lies and deception... and it becomes clear that the hypocrite is that man you see in your mirror...

that said...You obviously are ignorant of Galatians 2 where we are told "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. " You are obviously ignorant of the fact that I have put on the mind if Christ, which gives me the discernment of Christ. You are obviously ignorant of the fact I have been washed in His blood and saved by His grace and have the sinlessness of Christ imputed to me and you are obviously ignorant of the fact that I am the temple of the living God and am indwelled by the loving and forgiving spirit of Christ... and you and those in your camp are plainly ignorant of the fact that hiding sin or ignoring sin or enabling sin is not forgiveness. Your continued spiritual myopia that causes you to strain at gnats and swallow camels is a hinderance and a stumblingblock and it is clear that you have chosen unrighteous mammon and the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life over dying to self, taking up your cross and following Christ...

But the good news is that you still have time to get right with God. You stand at a fork in the road having to choose a path and your choices are:

To lay aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, and desire the sincere milk of the word

or

To continue acting and sounding like the Pharisee in Luke 18 who was so full of himself that even his prayers were self-aggrandizing and who left the temple unjustified before God in spite of his overinflated sense of his own righteousness.

One of these is the road less traveled... and one is the road to hell paved with men's good intentions.

Choose wisely.

In His service,
Mr. J

(as an aside, since you brought up forgiveness, are you admitting that Danny and whoever else stand guilty before us and in need of our forgiveness?)

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 19 2007, 08:22 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church