Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12591&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:57 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Five Minute Transcript From 3abn "live" - 2/15/07, Danny's preamble to explaining the legal proceedings
Snoopy
post Feb 21 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 21 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]179840[/snapback]

With English not being my mother tongue, it's always a little tricky for me... but I'm learning.

wow.gif Grace, your English is better than many who post here! I would never have guessed that about you.

Good for you!! clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif

Snoopy

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Feb 21 2007, 07:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 21 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 21 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]179840[/snapback]

With English not being my mother tongue, it's always a little tricky for me... but I'm learning.

Blessings! smile.gif

Dear Grace: Welcome to this forum. Your presence and commentary is much appreciated. I could wish that some of those for whom English is their first language, were as adept as you are in this secondary language. What is your Mother tongue?

I'm not speaking of the often fun and funny vernacular that the Black friends use here. I get a big bang out of them.

Again, welcome(1).gif

JT

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 22 2007, 04:54 AM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

Thank you, Snoopy and JustTana! You're really kind to me with your encouragements. notworthy.gif
My English is not as good as it looks, I wish it were so. I have a big dictionary by my side and try not to forget to use the "Spell Check" before pushing "Add Reply". sad.gif

JutTana, I love the "fun and funny vernacular" too, although I don't understand everything and my dictionary is useless for that! afro.gif

My mother tongue is Spanish. (I was born in Spain.) I have the same ease with Catalan (a vernacular language of a Spanish region) and with French. English is only my forth language.

Good to be with you, my friends! Blessings! clap.gif
Ooooops! My excuses for being out of topic! Let's go back on topic!

This post has been edited by Grace: Feb 22 2007, 05:11 AM

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
lurker
post Feb 22 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Just one more word of praise for the language sometimes used on this forum and in my family before getting back on topic. It really gets to the heart of things and pokes fun at our feelings of pride and self importance. You hear what is said, and then you do a double take and then realize that there has been some keen insight into life and the human condition.

The people using this language are highly educated yet sometimes, there is no better or more diplomatic way to say what needs saying than to put it right out there with a little humor.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 22 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #95

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Hey I only speak English but I still have a dictionary by the computer and always use spell check.

Richard

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 22 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]179941[/snapback]

Thank you, Snoopy and JustTana! You're really kind to me with your encouragements. notworthy.gif
My English is not as good as it looks, I wish it were so. I have a big dictionary by my side and try not to forget to use the "Spell Check" before pushing "Add Reply". sad.gif

JutTana, I love the "fun and funny vernacular" too, although I don't understand everything and my dictionary is useless for that! afro.gif

My mother tongue is Spanish. (I was born in Spain.) I have the same ease with Catalan (a vernacular language of a Spanish region) and with French. English is only my forth language.

Good to be with you, my friends! Blessings! clap.gif
Ooooops! My excuses for being out of topic! Let's go back on topic!

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 22 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #96

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(lurker @ Feb 22 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]179965[/snapback]

Just one more word of praise for the language sometimes used on this forum and in my family before getting back on topic. It really gets to the heart of things and pokes fun at our feelings of pride and self importance. You hear what is said, and then you do a double take and then realize that there has been some keen insight into life and the human condition.

The people using this language are highly educated yet sometimes, there is no better or more diplomatic way to say what needs saying than to put it right out there with a little humor.

PDR
BS - 2000; SWAU
MSW - 2003; UH
PhD - IP; AU

yes.gif We be ed-ja-ma-kated!

Fa sho' we sho' do be. Doo-be-do-be-do.....sha-doo-be-do-be. Doo-be-doo-be-doo....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 22 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 22 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]180103[/snapback]

PDR
BS - 2000; SWAU
MSW - 2003; UH
PhD - IP; AU

yes.gif We be ed-ja-ma-kated!

Fa sho' we sho' do be. Doo-be-do-be-do.....sha-doo-be-do-be. Doo-be-doo-be-doo....

spoton.gif clap.gif Maybe that's why those Dannyscribes don't like it much here? dunno.gif Too many eddicated folks? roflmao.gif dunno.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 23 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #98

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 21 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]179796[/snapback]

What? Linda disappeared from the show without any explanation? I didn't know that. From reading all the posts on here you would think Danny trashed her repeatedly and constantly, yelling it from the rooftops and doing everything he could to get it out in the open, lying and deceiving the whole world.

I agree with you Grace! Thanks for telling the truth. It's a breath of fresh air.

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 21 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]179797[/snapback]

Lee,

I am shocked that you are taking such a cheap shot here, in fact that is all i can say.

ERik

This is no cheap shot. Lee, has made a point that I would agree. I have read here where people speak of Danny trashing Linda who admit that they don’t even watch 3ABN. You would think Danny took out a billboard ad on Times Square from what you read here and every engagement Linda attempted was intercepted by Danny, which I find hard to believe. My wife was an avid viewer of 3ABN until it when off of Sky Angel, she never saw this trashing and the viewers don’t see it either. .

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 23 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 23 2007, 01:14 AM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

I have read here where people speak of Danny trashing Linda who admit that they don’t even watch 3ABN. You would think Danny took out a billboard ad on Times Square from what you read here and every engagement Linda attempted was intercepted by Danny, which I find hard to believe. My wife was an avid viewer of 3ABN until it when off of Sky Angel, she never saw this trashing and the viewers don’t see it either. .
Well I did see/hear Dan put Linda down on camera, even while they were holding hands. It was a subtle thing, and a lot of folks wouldn't notice it because they were used to putting women down in a "joking" manner. My husband did notice it and said, "There's something wrong in that marriage, and it wouldn't surprise me if something bigger were to happen ..." That was back in 2003. He caught the subtle put-downs, and Linda's forced smiles. Many folks wouldn't have caught on ...

Now, the trashing after the divorce was very public, with the notice on the website implying that Linda had done something dastardly -- by the mere fact that the divorce even took place, with Danny being the "innocent" one.

Then there were plenty of oblique references to Linda and her sins on the air after that. Those not aware of the issues would not catch them. Those of us who were aware did catch them. Some posted specific instances. Others simply remarked that it happened.

My mother and I could watch the identical program, and she would drink up the words of Danny, without catching on to any of the trashing. She just believed that "the devil" was doing all this persecuting of Danny, without catching that he was putting down Linda in a number of different ways during one program. Of course, she also initially believed that Linda disappeared because of adultery.

To an extent, we see what we're looking for. But it's hard to miss when you know what's been going on behind the scenes. It's very easy to miss if you don't know what's behind the scenes.

Personally, I can't stand to see Danny on the screen. Never liked him all that much, like him a whole lot less now ... But I wish him no ill. He's a child of God who needs saving ...

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 23 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #100

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 22 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

This is no cheap shot. Lee, has made a point that I would agree. I have read here where people speak of Danny trashing Linda who admit that they don’t even watch 3ABN. You would think Danny took out a billboard ad on Times Square from what you read here and every engagement Linda attempted was intercepted by Danny, which I find hard to believe. My wife was an avid viewer of 3ABN until it when off of Sky Angel, she never saw this trashing and the viewers don’t see it either. .

Calvin,

Well maybe Danny did not trash Linda on air, But the way I remember it was that at Church that week their was about ten minute discussion of Linda's affair, and all the members of teh church said they heard it on the tv.

sounds like way to much information went to me.

Erik

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 23 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 23 2007, 02:16 AM) [snapback]180131[/snapback]

Now, the trashing after the divorce was very public, with the notice on the website implying that Linda had done something dastardly -- by the mere fact that the divorce even took place, with Danny being the "innocent" one....

Ist notice/open letter on 3 ABN website re:Linda gone - July 1, 2004

Note: it doesn't mention a divorce at all. And in fact the first public notices of that and why was: www.Linda Shelton.org. Started Jun 22, 2004

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf.
Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

We believe that this ministry will continue to move forward, taking its direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is His ministry, and not that of any man or woman. The Board of Directors, President Danny Shelton, and I as Chairman, are committed to doing His will with this organization.

Please join us in supporting 3ABN with your prayers and financial support. We know you have done so in the past, and we are deeply thankful for it. But right now the devil is doing his best to derail this work because we are pressing the front close to his strongholds.

This month we added a quarter of a billion potential viewers in India, as our signal is being placed on cable systems through much of this Hindu nation of 1.1 billion souls. This effectively doubles the viewership of 3ABN, virtually overnight. We are also being placed on the most-watched cable-network in the Washington D.C. area, giving us access to the political and thought leaders of our country.

Please don’t let the devil succeed in heading off the vital work of 3ABN at this crucial time. You have faithfully supported this ministry in the past. Show us your continued resolve and support by making a faith pledge or donation to support us during this tremendous expansion of our coverage.

Your efforts and support are the medium through which God allows 3ABN to carry its gospel message to the world. We thank God and you for that support.

In His Service,
Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman
Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc.

P.S. I came across a quote recently that highlighted the importance of 3ABN’s resolve to “Go ye into all the world”: “The Duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the Duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old soldier replied: ‘Gentlemen, what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Gentlemen, obey your marching orders.’” Gospel Workers, p. 115.

Join us in helping Three Angels Broadcasting Network carry out its marching orders!

The next notice on the 3ABN site re: divorce and remarriage wasn't till 2006. After the public trashing of D.S., W.T. , J.L. 3ABN board, and al,l had been going on in internet discussion forums for at least 2 years...

Inga wrote:
To an extent, we see what we're looking for. ....Personally, I can't stand to see Danny on the screen. Never liked him all that much, like him a whole lot less now ... ..

Well, that certainly could explain it!

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 23 2007, 06:29 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 23 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #102

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 23 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]180147[/snapback]

Ist notice/open letter on 3 ABN website re:Linda gone - July 1, 2004
The next notice on the 3ABN site re: divorce and remarriage wasn't till 2006. After the public trashing of D.S., W.T. , J.L. 3ABN board, and al,l had been going on in internet discussion forums for at least 2 years...
Well, that certainly could explain it!

Cindy, you arent this dumb... so you recognize the fact that 3abn was not limited to items posted on it's website in speaking on the issue of danny's marriage to linda and it's demise... and while he may have gone nearly two years without saying anything officially on the website, there have been myriad eyewitnesses to the aspersion and mudslinging coming from that camp where Linda is concerned in between notices on the website.

The fact that you either didn't see it yourself or have chosen to believe what they said true doesnt change the fact that he has talked about her like a dog, particularly during the two years when she could not defend herself publicly.

So try another lie; this one is notworking.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 23 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #103

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 23 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]180150[/snapback]

Cindy, you arent this dumb... so you recognize the fact that 3abn was not limited to items posted on it's website in speaking on the issue of danny's marriage to linda and it's demise... and while he may have gone nearly two years without saying anything officially on the website, there have been myriad eyewitnesses to the aspersion and mudslinging coming from that camp where Linda is concerned in between notices on the website.

The fact that you either didn't see it yourself or have chosen to believe what they said true doesnt change the fact that he has talked about her like a dog, particularly during the two years when she could not defend herself publicly.

So try another lie; this one is notworking.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

No I am not dumb, nor are you. I was addressing Inga's remarks about their website, I'm sure you can see I quoted her...

As far as any other so called "Public trashing" goes...
Do you happen to have any quotes or dates, or anything besides your mouth to offer as evidence?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 23 2007, 06:42 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 23 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #104

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 23 2007, 07:32 AM) [snapback]180152[/snapback]

No I am not dumb, nor are you. I was addressing Inga's remarks about their website, I'm sure you can see I quoted her...

As far as any other so called "Public trashing" goes...
Do you happen to have any quotes or dates, or anything besides your mouth to offer as evidence?

you obviously are still not paying attention nor have you read what has been posted in this forum...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 23 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 23 2007, 01:14 AM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

Calvin, you are not taking into consideration the first person accounts posted here from MizRobby and others who have been present at churches where Danny's road show has appeared where they have stated he has maligned often at length,Linda and others from the pulpit on Sabbath morning... I submit if your wife and others had had full disclosure of the tactics employed by DS and his crew, the gratuitous shots and subtle digs at Linda and others would have stood out in their minds. you also are not taking into account the concerted efforts to keep Linda from ministering in churches... all of those things have been stated for the record from first hand accounts... and all of them are things that the bulk of their viewing audience would probably have missed because they only have the Danny sanitized spin version of things to go on

To those who know better.. to those who have worked there and spent much time in that environment... and to those who have spoken to the eyewitnesses of these thigs at length, Lee's statement is, indeed a cheap shot...

But, as always, YMMV.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church