Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12591&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Five Minute Transcript From 3abn "live" - 2/15/07, Danny's preamble to explaining the legal proceedings
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]179677[/snapback]

Richard, I am sure you probably have thrown in with the rest in judging 3abn guilty if they did not respond to rumors. When they start responding, look at what you are saying now. A 3 year old can see that 3abn couldn't win here, no matter what they did.

Bystander,

I came on to the internet looking to defend danny, but it was danny actions and words, that caused to change my mind.

Not anything linda or her supporters said or did.

I have to say it was the appeared effort to cover up the things about tommy that broke the camel back for me personally.

I would love to believe it is all lies but, unless 3abn can start defending themselves better, Like backing up their side of the story with facts, then what are the rest of us suppose to think.

I will give you an example, when Linda's daughter letter was put into public view, all danny need to do was write a simple letter saying i never was that with her. to my knowledge that was not done, and as of today it still has not been done. To that would speak louder then all these specials crying about the attacks of Satan on the internet.

The truth is never of afraid of a good checking out.

ERik
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Feb 20 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #77

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,913

I have to agree with erik. I too wanted to defend Danny, still wish I could. I am not 100% convinced about all that is written here. But there is enough doubt that I think it needs to be addressed directly instead of the way they are doing it. Either they need to deny each accusation or just quit talking about it.

They are not helping their cause when all they say is that the devil is attacking. It leaves too many unanswered questions. The other thing that bothers me, they all claim top be Christians at 3ABN. But when they get on the live programs to defend themselves, they seem to be angry, and have an attitude. Yes, I would be upset if I was accused of these things but, Say what needs to be said in a nicer manner at least on the live shows. If they feel a need to be nasty come on the forums. But when I share with my neighbors about 3ABN, this is not what I have in mind of them watching. BTW, I have quit sharing with my neighbors about 3ABN or anyone else for that matter.

I just wish this could be done in a more Christian way. Keep it in the church somehow without sharing it with the world. Maybe 3ABN could write a letter to the people that donate money or get their news letter explaining in detail their side.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 20 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #78

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 20 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]179693[/snapback]

.....The truth is never of afraid of a good checking out.

That says volumes..... yes.gif
QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 20 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]179698[/snapback]

....I just wish this could be done in a more Christian way. Keep it in the church somehow without sharing it with the world. Maybe 3ABN could write a letter to the people that donate money or get their news letter explaining in detail their side.

I believe that all concerned would have liked for this to have been handled "better" - but the silence thing only worked as far as one person would let it go.

Danny started callin' the woman out her name and in public at that. Lnda had to sign a document - by a statement of "we ain't gonna give you no money iffin you talk" kind of document. After it is all said & done it could have been handled better.....if it never happened at all....but sadly -

All that are actin' up ain't acting "CHRISTian" therefore..... you get what you pay for.....
dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 21 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 18 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]179182[/snapback]

For the Adventist Church, this is growing into "The Perfect Storm."

This is what concerns me. If it were just 3abn, I would be writing on other subjects on BSDA. (and some of the forums are great.) We don't have a dish but we enjoy the HOPE channel on the Internet.

For many Adventists who are shut-ins or live in other countries, 3abn has been the vehicle that has carried the message of Adventist speakers.

I believe that our top evangelists are compromising their credibility by being bed fellows of Danny.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 21 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

As for myself and my family, living in Europe, we loved to watch 3ABN since they started. Not that we liked everything, but we liked a lot of the programs and we thought that it was great to have something adventist on TV.

We were very shocked to see Linda disappear all of a sudden without any explanation, even her name, as if she had never been there. We thought something was strange there. My only way to investigate was to go to the Internet, to google, yahoo...

I started finding things that troubled me a lot. I felt very disappointed with both Danny and Linda, because I felt that if the message they preached couldn't keep them together, either the message was wrong or they were. But then our good friend Johann gave us some facts and I was shocked again to find out that a Christian man could do such things to his wife.

I went again to the web and finally found BSDA. I was looking for facts, and boy, I found lots of them! For many months, I was simply a reader. I finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to be part of it and registered as a member.

So I'm thankful for the people investigating the facts and putting them in the forum for the searchers to see. And I'm praying for everybody involved and for the ministry of 3ABN.

Blessings to all!

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 21 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Grace.... you are always welcomed here.... and I am glad that you were able to do some reading and figure out for yourself what was going on.... even if you don't agree with all, it is apparent that something is happening that isn't quite right....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 21 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE("Grace")
For many months, I was simply a reader. I finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to be part of it and registered as a member.

I lurked here for 3-4 days after the Thursday night broadcast, and was still kind of riding the fence. But, after reading Barbara Kerr's stunning letter (posted in August) I decided to join. I had seen her cooking show a few times, while visiting at my mother's place, and remembered her well. Everything in her letter had a true ring to it, kind of like the Bible, while nearly everything the defenders of 3ABN are posting here reminds me of something out of a scary movie.

I've always liked 3ABN, not just because they've broadcast live concerts of my music group (and still do), but because I thought they were filling a much needed gap.

Amazing how those inside the organization seem to have hardly any perception of how they're coming across to the outside. If they know anything about sample sizing in polling data, I'm sure they realize the *small world* impressions here have a similar ratio to what's happening in the *greater world* out there.

Pray the Lord will open some eyes.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 21 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 21 2007, 04:00 AM) [snapback]179719[/snapback]

As for myself and my family, living in Europe, we loved to watch 3ABN since they started. Not that we liked everything, but we liked a lot of the programs and we thought that it was great to have something adventist on TV.

We were very shocked to see Linda disappear all of a sudden without any explanation, even her name, as if she had never been there. We thought something was strange there. My only way to investigate was to go to the Internet, to google, yahoo...

What? Linda disappeared from the show without any explanation? I didn't know that. From reading all the posts on here you would think Danny trashed her repeatedly and constantly, yelling it from the rooftops and doing everything he could to get it out in the open, lying and deceiving the whole world.

I agree with you Grace! Thanks for telling the truth. It's a breath of fresh air.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 21 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 21 2007, 09:49 AM) [snapback]179796[/snapback]

What? Linda disappeared from the show without any explanation? I didn't know that. From reading all the posts on here you would think Danny trashed her repeatedly and constantly, yelling it from the rooftops and doing everything he could to get it out in the open, lying and deceiving the whole world.

I agree with you Grace! Thanks for telling the truth. It's a breath of fresh air.

Lee,

I am shocked that you are taking such a cheap shot here, in fact that is all i can say.

ERik

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 21 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 21 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]179797[/snapback]

Lee,

I am shocked that you are taking such a cheap shot here, in fact that is all i can say.

ERik

That shouldn't shock you; that camp has been making a concerted effort to take such cheap shots since they darkened this doorstep. They have neither integrity nor couth nor shame and they continue to attempt to confuse and deceive by any and every smarmy means at their disposal...

The only thing, if any, that should shock you is that it took so long for her to abandon the 'me too' responses she's been giving and stoop to the level of her comrades...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 21 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 21 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]179813[/snapback]

That shouldn't shock you; that camp has been making a concerted effort to take such cheap shots since they darkened this doorstep. They have neither integrity nor couth nor shame and they continue to attempt to confuse and deceive by any and every smarmy means at their disposal...

The only thing, if any, that should shock you is that it took so long for her to abandon the 'me too' responses she's been giving and stoop to the level of her comrades...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J,

I know it should not have shocked me, but i keeping hoping that someone defending danny will show some class.

erik

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Feb 21 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 2,870

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]179677[/snapback]

A 3 year old can see that 3abn couldn't win here, no matter what they did.

Bystander,

That is precisely what is happening, and not only on this site. I see God 's finger in it.

If you are not willing to confess and forsake your sins, as the Proverbs 28:13 says, but rather cover your sins, you will not prosper. Mercy and grace are given to those who are not afraid to say: "I made a big mistake, Lord forgive me and help me, I don't wan't to do it again!"

Remember the story of Esther, Haman and Mordecai? Haman was set to do something against one of God's children, and to some point it looked as if he was successful in it. But, after some time: "Haman hurried to his house, mourning and with his head covered. When Haman told his wife and all his friends everything that has happend to him, his wise men and his wife said to him, "if Mordecai before whom you have begun to fall, is of Jewish descent, you will not prevail against him but will surely fall before him"

If you are covering up adultery, child molestation, homosexuality, embezzlement, taking the holy tithe, lying, and everything else, this is your destiny.

If you can still hear the small still voice in you, do what you know is right.

Carmel

This post has been edited by Carmel: Feb 21 2007, 07:16 PM

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 21 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 21 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]179796[/snapback]

Sorry, Lee, I would like to agree with you, but when I said that Linda disappeared from 3ABN without any explanation I was talking about the first few days. After a very short time, I started hearing people on the air, DS and others, trashing Linda, first in a veiled way, then more openly. I immediately thought that that was wrong. And I still think so now, even more strongly.

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 21 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Carmel @ Feb 21 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]179826[/snapback]

Bystander,

That is precisely what is happening, and not only on this site. I see God 's finger in it.

If you are not willing to confess and forsake your sins, as the Proverbs 28:13 says, but rather cover your sins, you will not prosper. Mercy and grace are given to those who are not afraid to say: "I made a big mistake, Lord forgive me and help me, I don't wan't to do it again!"

Remember the story of Esther, Haman and Mordecai? Haman was set to do something against one of God's children, and to some point it looked as if he was successful in it. But, after some time: "Haman hurried to his house, mourning and with his head covered. When Haman told his wife and all his friends everything that has happend to him, his wise men and his wife said to him, "if Mordecai before whom you have begun to fall, is of Jewish descent, you will not prevail against him but will surely fall before him"

If you are covering up adultery, child molestation, homosexuality, embezzlement, taking the holy tithe, lying, and everything else, this is you destiny.

If you can still hear the small still voice in you, do what you know is right.
Carmel

Wow carmel speaking the truth in love, god bless you

Erik

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 21 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 21 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]179749[/snapback]
Grace.... you are always welcomed here.... and I am glad that you were able to do some reading and figure out for yourself what was going on.... even if you don't agree with all, it is apparent that something is happening that isn't quite right....

Thank you, Clay. I took months of reading the posts in BSDA and I read absolutely all of them in the 3ABN thread. By the time that I decided to register here as a member, I was already convinced that what DS and his aids were doing was wrong. I was also convinced that Linda had been wrongly treated. Then I learned other stuff, like the way DS has been treating some other people, and finally about the awful things about the behavior of TS.

I can't do much, other than posting here in support of the fighters for the good cause and pray, and I'm trying to do both. I've almost quit answering the posts coming from the DS side, I feel too bad just by reading most of them. And I venture to post in other threads from time to time. With English not being my mother tongue, it's always a little tricky for me... but I'm learning.

Blessings! smile.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church