Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12975&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:28 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Danny Shelton Letters To Linda
justme
post Mar 19 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,056

I, too have questions.

Where was Danny's "stopwatch", I.E. the one he used to time Linda's phone calls, where as the concern when he was spending long hours in person, not on t he phone, with Brenda, at midnight and beyond, at the church?

Where was all his concern about what looks good and what doesn't look good all those years, late at night, when he was in Alyssa's bedroom?

(To say nothing of the 7 other women who have spoken out.)

I do notice that Danny's emails sound more "manipulating and taunting than sorrowful". Already his method is to try to "belittle" his so-called "competition". Danny refused for years to offer help to Nathan. What happened to the theme of "mending hearts and broken people"? He could have started at home. Any truly understanding Christian husband "who has done his homework" and who has given the occupants of his own home the 'feeding and the nurture" he should have, will continue to support his wife and her son, rather than casting them aside and creating a void for someone else to fill. His conscience was full of condemnation for him to ignore her needs and hurl huge stones at her. All this was done after he had already decided to get rid of her. Carefully planned and carried out. It came as a shock to Linda, who knew by now that Brenda, Mollie, and Kay had betrayed her. All this email stuff is window dressing after the fact designed to say, "See I did try to get her back". He has found out that he cannot un-ring a bell.

Linda absolutely has to clear her name. You cannot throw gasoline on a flower, light it, and then expect it to flourish again. Fortunately, her roots are deep in Jesus, so she will survive.

There have been other ministries where someone has had to be forgiven. And they have asked and have made a comeback. But Linda doesn't deserve the condemnation, the penalty, nor a plea bargain. She was / is not guilty as charged. Sure, it would be easier to let it go, but your name is never cleared, ever. Danny threw the fuel, lit the match, and burned her very bad. The very least he could do is to apologize for that much, guilty or not. He certainly does expect everyone to "forget" his weaknesses even without confessing or repenting. Has he done the right thing?

For Linda to "move on" and let it go, is to admit guilt. Personally, I would never do that myself, never!

Danny has NOT moved on. He is more scared right now, than he has ever been since the investigation into his first wife’s death. And all this came about because he has thumbed his nose at all his viewers. All he cares about is Danny. He admits that Brandy has been "after hin for 17 years" and that flatters him. He expects Linda to ignore that as well. And just because some friendly Pharisees in the local conference have "OKed" his remarriage he assumes he's "home free".

Danny has a way of generating more questions every time he draws a breath.

Linda, better than anyone els,e knows that these emails are heartless attempts to manipulate her as he always has. Look at all the little catch phrases he still uses with her. Because they worked before, ... but now her eyes are opened.

Do you honestly believe that if all this were totally reversed that Danny would be ignoring the slander and defamation if it were hurled at him? Not on your life, he wouldn't. The reason he can no longer come up with any darts to hurl at Linda is because his quiver is empty. But it still quivers. He.got caught lying on every one of them.

Dannys bashing IS[b] continuing without adding anything new because he has not apologized for the bells he has already set to ringing across the world. So long as he permits his lies to continue to circulate he is continuing to attack Linda. He has set into motion a steam roller that continues to roll out of control. he set it into motion and he is doing nothing to control it's damage. Now he's concerned that it may roll around and come back on him, as wll he should. And it's still rolling towards Linda. I don't think she should ignore it.

Around the time Linda was fired I called 2ABN and suggested that they develop a program for people with drug problems. They did, but was to late for Nathan, and an insult for Linda. For them to ACT as if they had always cared about young people with drug issues ... what joke in timing.

Danny has not gotten on with his life as I see it. His life needs to ga way back and clean up things with God. DAnny seems to forget that there is a law of "cause and effect", and that for evey man, what he sows he reaps, God is not mocked.

Put yourself in Linda's shoes, feel the blisters? the pinching? the burns?

How can you go into a new ministry until you can hold your head above reproach???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 19 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 19 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]186361[/snapback]

You don't see her doing it openly as no one elses name are in the headers...

Aletheia, how in the world would you possibly know that?

Did you not tell me in another post when I asked you if you knew something that, and I quote, "Certainly I know, otherwise I wouldn't say anything"?
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=186235

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 19 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 19 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]186370[/snapback]

Aletheia, how in the world would you possibly know that?

Did you not tell me in another post when I asked you if you knew something that, and I quote, "Certainly I know, otherwise I wouldn't say anything"?
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=186235

nw
C"i"

Apparently she's not aware of "BCC" (blind carbon copy)

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 19 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I tried to tell her............. dunno.gif
QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Mar 19 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]186375[/snapback]

Apparently she's not aware of "BCC" (blind carbon copy)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 19 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 19 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]186385[/snapback]

I tried to tell her............. dunno.gif

What else is there to do? blink.gif

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 19 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

justme,

While there are a few things in your post that I have not personally verified, I have to strongly commend you on a beautifully stated overview of the core problems in this 3abn saga!

Well done, brother!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Mar 19 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

I have been following all of this with a heart so full of saddness it seems like it just might break apart. We have a ministry that started out I believe with the right intentions, to take the end time message to the world so Jesus could return. It was started by human beings who wanted to carry out God's commision to take this gospel to all the world. Somehow, and maybe it is because Satan knows us so well he was able to use good people for his own decietful purpose. As I see it, Danny, from reading everyones posts both pro Linda and pro Danny wanted what Lucifer wanted in heaven, to be like the Most High. He lost site of his role in taking the gospel to the whole world and wanted to be God..

When that happened he decided he needed a new younger wife who wouldn't try to take his place in the spotlight. He needed to make sure that Linda would take the fall. I received one of those letters from 3abn telling us all how Linda had chosen another path. I felt really sorry for Danny.

I was directed to blacksda and my whole perspective changed. I now believe that Linda did take the fall. That she was pushed out of 3abn and also out of her marriage.

Be that as it may. I agree with Calvin that life goes on. Danny is now married to Brandi and you can't change that. I believe Danny did not have bible grounds to marry Brandi but it is done. All of this however is their own PRIVATE business. It is not our business!!!

When save 3abn first was put up it answered a lot of my questions. I think there is a real mess at 3abn. and what was posted pertained to 3abn. When the e-mails started being posted I was appalled. Who in there right mind would post such personal and private matters. It has no bearing on the ministry of 3abn. It doesn't matter if Linda is providing these e-mails or if Danny is providing them or if their friends are providing them. The fact that they are seeing the light of day tells me that the people who started 3abn have lost all sight of what this ministry was all about. When I saw the direction save 3abn was going with the personal e-mails I quit reading. I do not want to know what personal and private things were said between Danny and Linda and to their friends. This has nothing to do with the ministry of 3abn,except to say, are these the people we want to represent our church? It should matter not at all to us whether or not the property settlement is fair or if they are going to court over it. It should not matter to us if Linda feels cheated out of her ministry or if Danny feels it is rightfully HIS ministry.

What should concern us is that this ministry has been for 20 years the flagship of our church, even though it is an independent minisrty. We should be concerned about the direction this minsirty is taking. Is it still spreading the gospel as the Seventh-Day Adventist church sees it? Laurence brought up the thought about the three angeles messages. Can we as Adventitst's support this ministry as it now stands? Can our church support this ministry and it's leaders the way things are now? With all the talk of the financial situation and the way the contributions of the members in the pews is being handled and the constant begging for contributions. If what I have read here is true there is a lot of dishonesty in leaders of this ministry. There is cover up. If this is the flag ship of our church should there be even ONE non-adventist working at 3abn? Should our coference leaders be supporting this ministry?

I know they let Tommy retire so as to try to get us to forget about his actions. But this doesn't make his actions go away. I do wonder if anything can be done to bring this to the attentions of the authorities. Maybe Duane something is being done by you or the other victims, I don't know but I do know that all the spin doesn't make it a lie and it needs to be dealt with. Victims are still victims no matter what the age and to make out that it didn't happen is a lie.

If what is being siad is true, Linda was a part of the financial misdealings and also allowed Tommy to work at 3abn or if not allow is the wrong term, continued on in her position in spite of Tommy. I know people here say Danny was in total control and makes all the decisions. If that is so everyone still has the choice to vote with there feet. I for one cannot see how all these board members and John L. can continue to support Danny. I guess the need for fame outweighs what is right

I for one do not want to see 3abn brought down. I do believe it needs a good cleaning out Danny needs to step down as does Mollie and Hal and Shelly and also the whole board needs to go. It needs to start all over again with new people. Not with Linda, she is as much a part of the problem as Danny. I don't know how this can be done. Maybe the GC needs to buy 3abn.

I think both Danny and Linda need to think about moving on. Start new ministries if that is what God is calling them to do. If this keeps on, the mud slinging and rants and the lies and the spin I do believe 3abn will be brought down and it won't be pretty and it won't be nice and it will be messy and it will do so much harm to our church we may just look at it and ask was it worth sticking our head in the sand and refusing to see the handwriting on the wall? Hoping if we did nothing it would all go away. Wheather we like it or not people are reading save3abn in droves and it will have an effect. They are reading blacksda and the other sites and they are forming oppinons. Danny and Linda may not like the results but they will not change peoples minds.

I will not contribute to any ministry that Danny or Linda Shelton are connected with until there is some sign that there has been a confession and a true repentance and a conversion and returning to God. I will continue to pray that this will happen and that the Holy Spirit might still work a work in their hearts.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 19 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[quote name='justme' date='Mar 19 2007, 08:42 AM' post='186368']
I, too have questions.

MMM I don't see any questions, just allegations and bashing

Where was Danny's "stopwatch", I.E. the one he used to time Linda's phone calls, where as the concern when he was spending long hours in person, not on t he phone, with Brenda, at midnight and beyond, at the church?

Accusing DS and Brenda Walsh

Where was all his concern about what looks good and what doesn't look good all those years, late at night, when he was in Alyssa's bedroom?

stating as fact that you know DS was in alyssa's bedroom

(To say nothing of the 7 other women who have spoken out.)

Accusing him of having something to do with 7 women who no one has ever heard about or identitified.

Danny refused for years to offer help to Nathan. All this was done after he had already decided to get rid of her

Ok more statements given as fact

Danny has NOT moved on. He is more scared right now, than he has ever been since the investigation into his first wife’s death.

Accusing DS of Murder!!

He admits that Brandy has been "after hin for 17 years" and that flatters him.

Wow, all when he maintaines that he hasn't laid eyes on Brandi since she was a little girl with her family in his recording studio. Exactly opposite of your statement

Do you honestly believe that if all this were totally reversed that Danny would be ignoring the slander and defamation if it were hurled at him?

It is reversed, and he isn't ignoring it.

He.got caught lying on every one of them.

statement that he is a liar

So long as he permits his lies to continue to circulate he is continuing to attack Linda.

Liar again.

Around the time Linda was fired I called 2ABN and suggested that they develop a program for people with drug problems. They did, but was to late for Nathan, and an insult for Linda. For them to ACT as if they had always cared about young people with drug issues ... what joke in timing.

Linda was in charge of production and programming, not DS. It would have been up to her to do programs with drug issues.

Well, I must say ,your post is absolutely a beautiful example (actually it will be evidence) of what constitues slander/defamation of character and liable suits. The way that you stated these accusations as facts ,will make the charges brought against you fall into place as slick as water off of a ducks back. Thank you for making a job like this, so much, easier.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 19 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #39

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Trudy Blonde, you have expressed some thoughts that I was trying to express, but have did it better. I won't quote you whole post because it is so long. These letters where never intended to be made public. Now Linda has joined right in with the rest of us, in the mud slinging still after 3 years of the divorce. Granted she has every right to do so. But just because she can, the gag order has been lifted, does not mean she has too. BTW, Linda may not have given explicit authority to post the letters but I do believe she have implied authority, I believe she knows the letter are there.

When I showed some folks from my church the letters on save3abn, there question was, Why are these people airing their dirty laundry? It did nothing to exonerate Linda, as least that is the way they saw it. Look, most people are not going to wade through 16,,000+ post here or everything on save3abn to form an opinion.

Yeah Linda, I know you where wronged, stuff happens. Many people go through messy divorces
But it is 3 years later now, I say get over it.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 20 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

My thought, Calvin, is that even if she asked that they not be posted, they still might get posted.

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Mar 19 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]186449[/snapback]

It should matter not at all to us whether or not the property settlement is fair or if they are going to court over it.

There is one point you may not have considered.

The only way to look at the books of 3ABN is to involve the courts. The courts are involved in regard to the property settlement.

Book deals are an issue regarding the alleged corruption at 3ABN. Book deals have an impact on the property settlement.

Thus, the property settlement can be a way to discover and resolve some of the problems at 3ABN.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 20 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #41

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]186284[/snapback]

I know that one positive result of allowing the 3abn topic to continue is that many more people will come to BSDA that might never have heard about it otherwise and that many of those people, like myself, will be here posting long after the topic is of any interest because of the friendships and all the rest BSDA has to offer.

spoton.gif thankyou.gif spoton.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 19 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]186361[/snapback]

....Anyway you look at it, it seems she was bringing a whole lot of people in between her and her husband behind his back. You don't see her doing it openly as no one elses name are in the headers...

That doesn't seem to me, to show a whole lot of concern or respect, to say the least..

You mean like the people Danny brought in when Linda was on gag orders? dunno.gif Spin away!!!
Also.....I know YOU of all people are not speaking on "CONCERN OR RESPECT"..... as you have no "CONCERN OR RESPECT" for victims (past or present) of sexual molestation/abuse? blink.gif How then, can YOU speak on "CONCERN OR RESPECT"
doh.gif wallbash.gif doh.gif
QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Mar 19 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]186449[/snapback]

..... I agree with Calvin that life goes on. Danny is now married to Brandi and you can't change that. I believe Danny did not have bible grounds to marry Brandi but it is done. All of this however is their own PRIVATE business. It is not our business!!!

It becomes our business when THEY come into our churches, when they ship me books without me giving them an address (I got that 10 Commandments book without even asking for it in the mail), when they tell me that they are "right" and I am "wrong" for my actions.

It becomes my business when any child is in danger.

It becomes my business!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 29 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 19 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]186472[/snapback]

Trudy Blonde, you have expressed some thoughts that I was trying to express, but have did it better. I won't quote you whole post because it is so long. These letters where never intended to be made public. Now Linda has joined right in with the rest of us, in the mud slinging still after 3 years of the divorce. Granted she has every right to do so. But just because she can, the gag order has been lifted, does not mean she has too. BTW, Linda may not have given explicit authority to post the letters but I do believe she have implied authority, I believe she knows the letter are there.

When I showed some folks from my church the letters on save3abn, there question was, Why are these people airing their dirty laundry? It did nothing to exonerate Linda, as least that is the way they saw it. Look, most people are not going to wade through 16,,000+ post here or everything on save3abn to form an opinion.

Yeah Linda, I know you where wronged, stuff happens. Many people go through messy divorces
But it is 3 years later now, I say get over it.

For all of those that believe DS used the doc as an excuse to "get rid" of Linda. For all those that don't believe she made numerous trips to norway when Nathan only went once. For all those that think the "dishrag" statement came from DS.

Paragraphs from email from DS to LS Feb o5

May says you are telling her things about me and Brandy. First of all you don't know, anything about what me and Brandy are or are not doing. And secondly, if I wanted to have a girlfriend now whether it would be a Brandy or a Jane Doe, it would be none of your business as you have now refused for over a year to let this Norwegian man go. You have refused all counsel that told you he must go, yet you and he still travel together and stay in each other's homes for up to two weeks at a time. I told you a long time ago that I can document all your travel schedule and I have. May says you told her that you have only been to Norway once and that was a year ago January. I told her that if she wasn't mistaken then you told her a big lie as I can document all your trips there. Surely she got that part of your conversation mixed up. I don't think you would think everyone is such simpleton's that we don't know the truth about your solo trips to Europe.

Anyway, we've been. divorced for nearly eight months and we all know that I have biblical grounds. If I want to date someone else I am free to do it. You dated this man for months while we were married. That is called sin, anyway you want to cut it.

You shouldn't worry anyway. Remember, you told me that the only thing I would ever get compared to you was "An old used dirty dish rag".

Danny Shelton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This was part of the email lready posted, right? I might be mistaken, is this a portion of another email?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 29 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]188862[/snapback]

For all of those that believe DS used the doc as an excuse to "get rid" of Linda. For all those that don't believe she made numerous trips to norway when Nathan only went once. For all those that think the "dishrag" statement came from DS.

Bystander, I think you may be distorting the facts. Linda made only one trip to Norway prior to the divorce. Correct? And when she went and left, Nathan was already there and remained there.

Danny saying that Linda said that about a dishrag, that really doesn't prove anything, anymore than Linda saying she's innocent proves anything. But if you can quote an email from Linda saying something about a dishrag, that is pretty credible. Or if you can quote Danny saying that he had no proof of Linda committing adultery, that is pretty credible.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 29 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]188866[/snapback]

Bystander, I think you may be distorting the facts. Linda made only one trip to Norway prior to the divorce. Correct? And when she went and left, Nathan was already there and remained there.

Danny saying that Linda said that about a dishrag, that really doesn't prove anything, anymore than Linda saying she's innocent proves anything. But if you can quote an email from Linda saying something about a dishrag, that is pretty credible. Or if you can quote Danny saying that he had no proof of Linda committing adultery, that is pretty credible.

Excuse me Pickle, these ARE the facts. This IS the proof.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church