Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:00 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
sonshineonme
post Mar 28 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 28 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]188656[/snapback]

That won't play here ssom. where were you when the 3abn defenders have been called demons and Satan. Now that's brutal.

Ahh, but it does play here....you have an attitude of attack (as usual). Oh, and I was right here, and I don't recall those exact words....so this is about pay back? Not about truth?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 28 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 29 2007, 12:41 AM) [snapback]188658[/snapback]

Ahh, but it does play here....you have an attitude of attack (as usual). Oh, and I was right here, and I don't recall those exact words....so this is about pay back? Not about truth?

Of course it's not payback. It's about callin em like I see em the same way everyone else does on this board.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 29 2007, 07:35 AM) [snapback]188656[/snapback]

That won't play here ssom. where were you when the 3abn defenders have been called demons and Satan. Now that's brutal.

I was there when Mr. Danny Lee Shelton used those expressions. But he was not brutal?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 29 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 28 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]188656[/snapback]

wwjd,
Were you at the May, 2004 3abn campmeeting? I heard Danny using the term "demons" when refering to Johann and the Dr. being in the audience. Was that brutal?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 29 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 27 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]188247[/snapback]

Interesting and fair post Inga. Especially the paragraph highlighted. Her pay out from 3abn and DS was indeed, extremely large, to those of us that are your everyday blue collar workers.

However, it wasn't necessarily large in comparison to their combined perks before the divorce, not to mention the .. ummh ... "side benefits" Danny gets from books, free labor, jet set lifestyle, etc. Since the evidence indicates that Danny treats 3ABN as his personal business, using it for his benefit when he so desires, he should have ensured that Linda was compensated for being co-founder of the ministry.

My remark regarding 3ABN not being the "real world" was in regard to Linda's position at 3ABN. She played the role of a media star, which is not "the real world."

Even though I understand in what context you make the statement, the fact remains, it is very real for all of those that devote their time, resources and energy everday to make possible, the spreading of the gospel. I am sure that from those who clean the complex, to the operators, to the camera crews, to the directors and all the way up, those people know that they are definitely a part of the "real world" and their work and sacrifice is making a difference.

I understand that. I'm sure that most of the people working at 3ABN are truly dedicated folks. Their sacrificial pay is in stark contrast to the perks certain of the administrative staff enjoy. It seems to me that if sacrifice is the order of the day, leaders should lead the way. I don't see that happening at 3ABN.
No matter what is said about administration, the true reality is, those people work hard, deal with all kinds of difficulties, have huge decisions to make, have to deal with all kinds of people day in and day out, have to deal with tons of paperwork, finances, budgets, overseas projects....etc etc My point is, I guess, Is just because DS or CA murray or John L is in front of the camera once in a while, contrary to what some think, that is not a justifiable payoff for what these folks have to deal with. The only true payoff is they know they are a tool to win souls to the kingdom.

That would be true for those on sacrifical wages, which is not the case for certain administrators who would likely make less and have fewer perks if they worked for the organized church.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]188466[/snapback]

Yes I am serious. Linda's ministry was not beating people over the head with the Sabbath. She recorded Christian music and wrote devotional books. She could marketed this to the Christian community. Like Danny was all powerful to keep her out of Christian book stores.
Yeah, I know man. But I got to pick my spots when I can. Like when I got a slow day at work tongue.gif

Honestly, I think I'd do something else if I had a slow day at work. But you are the boss, both places! dunno.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 29 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]188410[/snapback]

I ask, then where was her faith? If she is blocked in Adventist circle, then take your ministry to the rest of the world. I just don't get it. Maybe it is a gender thing, maybe a race thing. I have had road blocks thrown and me all my life. I grew up in single parent home, poor, ghetto environment, slow learner, Enron lost all retirement. Yet with God's help, I manage to find a way to succeed. Sorry I ain't feeling it for Linda.

Calvin, I admire your attitude regarding your personal life. I do think it's a bit of a gender thing. It also depends on one's friends. If friends continue to emphasize the unfairness of it all, it's difficult to "get over it." If friends encourage exploring different avenues, that provides a whole different atmosphere.

Having said that, we must recognize that few are pushed from such heights to such depths as Linda was. Losing husband, job and reputation (which prevented her from using her experience in ministry) all at one blow surely must be crushing beyond measure. A divorce usually takes a minimum of two years to process for a person to return to near-normal. (It's technically a "mourning" period.) Loss of a job to the degree that one is forced to seek employment in a totally different field would take a similar period of adjustment. And who can say what it takes to deal with the reputation trashing that Linda received?

If Linda has healed to the extent she's ready to move on with her life now, she's doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Exactly Inga!
QUOTE(inga @ Mar 29 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]188735[/snapback]

[color=#3333FF]However, it wasn't necessarily large in comparison to their combined perks before the divorce, not to mention the .. ummh ... "side benefits" Danny gets from books, free labor, jet set lifestyle, etc. Since the evidence indicates that Danny treats 3ABN as his personal business, using it for his benefit when he so desires, he should have ensured that Linda was compensated for being co-founder of the ministry.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 29 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 28 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]188589[/snapback]

My apologies. I left a few details out that leave you in the dark.

She pushed me down the hospital chapel aisle in a reclining wheelchair. The cast on one of my legs was one of our guest registers. She then nursed me back to health over three months.

"For better or for worse." "We'll get the worse over first," she thought. At least I could still say, "I do," and all that family had come in from so many miles away.

I got someone who will stick by my side through the typical thick and thin of earth's trials. Blessed indeed.

It was odd, though, looking at other people's wedding albums afterwards and seeing everyone smiling. It was really odd. Took a long time to get used to that. Of course, I was smiling that day. But I was the exception. We did get one picture where she, me, and the preacher were all smiling.
Excellent points, Pete.
Wow, Bob, it seems you have quite a personal story to tell! I hope you're writing a book about that too.

So you married before recovering from a serious accident that affected more than your leg? And the wedding guests were sniffling because they were so moved ...

Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 29 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 29 2007, 01:32 AM) [snapback]188654[/snapback]

I have been asked that same question by several people. What happened to the donated money and how has being on a "free" vacation for the last 3 years be persecution. I would take that kind of mistreatment any day no.gif no.gif

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
One's reputation is very important to the average person...the way in which Danny S. has tarnished his wife's reputation has been unChristianlike at best. Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that Linda had an illicit affair. What would have been the proper way to handle it? The way that Danny has been carrying on, I submit, is NOT the proper way to do so.

Someone, somewhere in this forum, mentioned the example of Joseph. When he discovered Mary was pregnant, and that he could not possibly be the father, because he had not yet slept with her, did he embark on a campaign to smear Mary's name? No, he didn't. The Bible says he sought to put her away QUIETLY, until an angel of the Lord informed him that Mary was to bear the Christ child. See Matthew 1:19. This is yet another point that many here are missing..... wallbash.gif

Linda has not been on a "free" vacation...and even if, for the sake of argument, everyone here agrees that she has, she has been personally attacked by a man whom she was once married to, and ridiculed by many as a result. That is the "persecution" that you question. She has been emotionally wounded, and most will agree that those wounds take much longer to heal than the physical. Regardless of her wrongdoing, criminals have been treated better than that!

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 29 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #131

Member No.: 837

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 27 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]188266[/snapback]

I will respond to your questions:

1) There is no 3-ABN forum open for review and discussion on Club Adventist, other than the one that you can see.

2) The posts in the old discussion forum were stored in a place that Stan could access. I could not. I do not know if other Administrators had access to that section. Stan has done some software upgrades since that section was closed. He has also move to another servier. I do not know if those posts survived the move to another server.

3) As I understand the current policy at Club Adventist, in regard to 3-ABN, there is no intent to allow a free-ranging discussion of 3-ABN, such as CA once had. Therefore, in general, one might say that the favorable content of the posts presently made in the one open section on 3-ABN in Club Adventist, fairly represents what is going to be allowed in the future.

Stan, as you are likely to read my post, feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood.

1 Yes, what is available is to chat about the current ministry of 3ABN.

2 Yes, well at least maybe, when we went to the new server somehow all the forums were doubled, and we had to delete every other one, a couple of the forums had both deleted by accident, i have not checked to see if 'THAT' forum survived... I know some others did not, and it was my fault. Seems to me natter matters forum bit it by error..

3 For the most part that would be true. The recent disparaging remarks about Danny, Linda, aToday, and a few others were removed...

Some of the decisions maybe wrong, I have made a lot of mistakes in the past, and there is no sign of it decreasing in the future... smile.gif I continue to stand behind this current position.

Sorry I took so long to respond... I missed your comments...

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 29 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]188743[/snapback]

Wow, Bob, it seems you have quite a personal story to tell! I hope you're writing a book about that too.

So you married before recovering from a serious accident that affected more than your leg? And the wedding guests were sniffling because they were so moved ...

Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

Both taluses in the ankles fractured, the end of the right tibia shattered, the tip of the right condyle of the lower jaw broken, two upper teeth knocked out, all three days before the wedding with but three miles out of 90 to go to be with my fiance.

I had recently read an article about reimplanting teeth, and so after I came to and realized the situation, I kept telling everyone I could to find those two teeth. Four were missing, two were found. Where were the other two? Back to the wrecked VW Beetle some went to try to find them, the Beetle with the full gas tank that had burst, the tank that didn't burst into flames as some people walked up to gape, only to be told by the Dr. who happened by to put their cigarettes out.

Well, the dentist found them in the emergency room. Two were knocked out. The missing two were there all along, knocked up into the upper jaw.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 29 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]188777[/snapback]

Both taluses in the ankles fractured, the end of the right tibia shattered, the tip of the right condyle of the lower jaw broken, two upper teeth knocked out, all three days before the wedding with but three miles out of 90 to go to be with my fiance.

I had recently read an article about reimplanting teeth, and so after I came to and realized the situation, I kept telling everyone I could to find those two teeth. Four were missing, two were found. Where were the other two? Back to the wrecked VW Beetle some went to try to find them, the Beetle with the full gas tank that had burst, the tank that didn't burst into flames as some people walked up to gape, only to be told by the Dr. who happened by to put their cigarettes out.

Well, the dentist found them in the emergency room. Two were knocked out. The missing two were there all along, knocked up into the upper jaw.

Ouch!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 29 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]188777[/snapback]

Oh my!! I do believe God had a plan for you! PTL.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 29 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #135

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 29 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]188740[/snapback]

Calvin, I admire your attitude regarding your personal life. I do think it's a bit of a gender thing. It also depends on one's friends. If friends continue to emphasize the unfairness of it all, it's difficult to "get over it." If friends encourage exploring different avenues, that provides a whole different atmosphere.

Having said that, we must recognize that few are pushed from such heights to such depths as Linda was. Losing husband, job and reputation (which prevented her from using her experience in ministry) all at one blow surely must be crushing beyond measure. A divorce usually takes a minimum of two years to process for a person to return to near-normal. (It's technically a "mourning" period.) Loss of a job to the degree that one is forced to seek employment in a totally different field would take a similar period of adjustment. And who can say what it takes to deal with the reputation trashing that Linda received?

If Linda has healed to the extent she's ready to move on with her life now, she's doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

My comments where harsh, and I apologize. I am not unsympathetic to Linda's trials and lost of income and reputation. I have never gone through a divorce but I think I can relate to some of the pain and hurt that goes along with that.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church