Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:04 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
awesumtenor
post Mar 30 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #151

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 30 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]189031[/snapback]

And if she claims she has a ministry and goes where the Lord opens doors for her, why are some unable to see that, and complaining that the doors are still shut??

Mr Josey???

She can do all that and still be blocked... a brief perusal this church's race relations history shows that even in the face of success, there can still be open and overt hinderance. I never said she was completely blackballed... but she is sufficiently blacklisted that her success has been limited and there are still quite a few churches where she is unwelcome solely because Danny and the 3ABN board said she should not be and if she were allowed to come and minister there, they would deem that evidence of that church's having taken Linda's side over theirs.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 30 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #152

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Once, again Cindy, this is not really about Linda, but more of Danny's antics, this time as they affect Linda. The problem is that even though God opens doors for her, Danny continues to attempt to close them, and is successful to a point. If God is opening doors and Danny is closing them, what does that say about his motives, christianity, relationship with God. Point is, he should not even supposed to be attempting to close them. He should have went out of his way to let everyone now that inviting LInda to their church is not a matter of choosing between he and Linda. He has, in fact, encouraged this. This is why I continue to hold Danny responsible and accountable for his own actions, and join in with those asking that he accounts for these actions.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 30 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #153

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 30 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]189036[/snapback]

Once, again Cindy, this is not really about Linda, but more of Danny's antics, this time as they affect Linda. The problem is that even though God opens doors for her, Danny continues to attempt to close them, and is successful to a point. If God is opening doors and Danny is closing them, what does that say about his motives, christianity, relationship with God. Point is, he should not even supposed to be attempting to close them. He should have went out of his way to let everyone now that inviting LInda to their church is not a matter of choosing between he and Linda. He has, in fact, encouraged this. This is why I continue to hold Danny responsible and accountable for his own actions, and join in with those asking that he accounts for these actions.

As far as I am concerned people claim Danny Shelton is way more powerful then he is. He is just a man. If God wants doors open, Danny can't shut them, and if he closes doors no mans opening them.

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Job 12:14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.

In the second place, NO one has posted evidence one of Danny Shelton ever blocking Linda's appearances or ministry.

You want evidence of someone trying to bring down a ministry and block appearances, Read these threads.

The Lindanites write letters and call Churches, and places they hear 3ABN have been invited to or are appearing at, and bad mouth them, they have posted about calling local stations and sattelite co and asking for the hope channel instead, etc etc etc.

It's sick, and as usual the pots keep calling the kettle black.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 30 2007, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 30 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #154

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Linda had a potential invitation to come and speak at my church. My pastor then learned of the turmoil around the Sheltons. He made a call to the local conference, the pastor was advised to stay neutral, so he didn't allow the invitation to be made. A few months later, a church in my conference invited Danny to hold a rally not far from our conference headquarters.

I have no documentation but the words of my pastor spoken directly to me. In some circles, first hand experience counts as evidence.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 30 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #155

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 30 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]189049[/snapback]

Linda had a potential invitation to come and speak at my church. My pastor then learned of the turmoil around the Sheltons. He made a call to the local conference, the pastor was advised to stay neutral, so he didn't allow the invitation to be made. A few months later, a church in my conference invited Danny to hold a rally not far from our conference headquarters.

I have no documentation but the words of my pastor spoken directly to me. In some circles, first hand experience counts as evidence.

And is that their choice or what, PB?

Also two words for you PB:

CHURCH DISCIPLINE

Have you considered that the Thompsonville Church and via them the conference may know more about this then you, and unless you have evidence to support it, you shouldn't question what happens behind closed doors in private according to biblical principles and guidelines?

Please note the Church and Conference are not 3ABN, nor ran by 3ABN, and cerrtainly they aren't ran by Danny Shelton.

Maybe you should read your church manual and see how these things work.

And I repeat:
NO one has posted evidence one, of Danny Shelton ever blocking Linda's appearances or ministry.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 30 2007, 03:29 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 30 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #156

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 30 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]189052[/snapback]

And I repeat:
NO one has posted evidence one, of Danny Shelton ever blocking Linda's appearances or ministry.

But evidence has been posted regarding Danny Shelton blocking the ministry endeavors of others. We have the open letter by Barbara Kerr, for example.

I have a friend who hammered a little at Gailon for the way he came across, but who also made it quite clear that Danny had also hindered his ministry endeavors.

So Danny is left with the unfortunate situation of having apparently done to others what he is being accused of doing to Linda. That makes these latter allegations look more credible, whether they are true or not.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 30 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #157

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

One more time, Cindy...read and comprehend "before" posting. I didn't say that Danny could close any doors that God opens, he can't What I said that the fact that he tries is the problem. What side does his actions put him on? Again, he should have gone out of his way to makes sure things weren't perceived in that way. Ministry is ministry, and he should be man enough to allow her to go on with hers. Churches and/or conferences should not feel as though they are taking sides when they invite one or the other. Linda is not calling the churches Danny is invited to and bad mouthing him, neither is the conference telling the churches to "stay nuetral" in regards to invitation to Danny. That is not neutral, bhtat is pure bias.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 30 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]189041[/snapback]

As far as I am concerned people claim Danny Shelton is way more powerful then he is. He is just a man. If God wants doors open, Danny can't shut them, and if he closes doors no mans opening them.

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Job 12:14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.

In the second place, NO one has posted evidence one of Danny Shelton ever blocking Linda's appearances or ministry.

You want evidence of someone trying to bring down a ministry and block appearances, Read these threads.

The Lindanites write letters and call Churches, and places they hear 3ABN have been invited to or are appearing at, and bad mouth them, they have posted about calling local stations and sattelite co and asking for the hope channel instead, etc etc etc.

It's sick, and as usual the pots keep calling the kettle black.

I will be calling the conference office Monday. I have talked with a couple conference officials within th epast few months, and eveidently been getting double talk. I truly believe in letting folks know when I know they are doing wrong.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 30 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]189049[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 30 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #158

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

There was a post by Johann this week that I think was buried in a flurry of other posts. It is currently in a locked thread so I wanted to repost it so that others might not miss it.

"This morning I woke up from a strange dream. Seemed like Ida and I were just looking out through our living room window and there we look straight down into a volcanic crater that is about 20 minutes from our place. It is thousands of years old, and in the bottom is a deep lake. In my dream the water was covered with thin ice, and as we were looking I see three persons, although I did not recognize them I knew they were from 3ABN. Suddenly they realized they had lost, and one by one they walk out on the thin ice. When they reach the middle of the lake the ice breaks and they plunge through the hole, one by one, and disappear into the depths. I felt we were so helpless because we were too far away to help. AS the last one of the three disappears and I get ready to call 911, I woke up.

Now I have been thinking: How much do I care for these people? Do I love them as brothers and sisters? Do I want them to be saved? What will happen if we change our approach completely in an attempt to save these people from eternal destruction?

I might even tell my dream on the net? Tell them how much I care for them? Would anybody else care, or still treat them as hopeless liars?

It was a sad experience when I discovered that even Pastor John Lomacang twisted the truth around and told the opposite. But I love him too and I want him to be saved. Be a pastor to your church and lead them in the path of God and His Son Jesus Christ that you may be saved! You have to be an example to the others, or they feel they do not have to tell the truth."

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=188297

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 30 2007, 05:10 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 30 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #159

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 30 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]189076[/snapback]

I will be calling the conference office Monday. I have talked with a couple conference officials within th epast few months, and eveidently been getting double talk. I truly believe in letting folks know when I know they are doing wrong.

Di,
I look forward to hearing what you find out!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 30 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #160

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 30 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]189031[/snapback]

How did 3ABN block her from that? And if the Lord did call her to do that, then who could stop her, or stand in her way???

And if she claims she has a ministry and goes where the Lord opens doors for her, why are some unable to see that, and complaining that the doors are still shut??

Mr Josey???

I asked FHB over a month ago to go to the pastor of his church and ask the pastor if Linda could be invited to speak at his church.... I think I asked you to try it to Cindy (and if not, ask your pastor, then tell us what he says) and see what the response would be... to date.... there has been no answer.... FHB stated that the pastor said he would take it to the church board... I can only assume there have been no church board meetings since I made the request...

my point.... there are very few churches that will allow her to come and speak.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 31 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #161

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 30 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]189052[/snapback]

And is that their choice or what, PB?

Also two words for you PB:

CHURCH DISCIPLINE

Have you considered that the Thompsonville Church and via them the conference may know more about this then you, and unless you have evidence to support it, you shouldn't question what happens behind closed doors in private according to biblical principles and guidelines?

Please note the Church and Conference are not 3ABN, nor ran by 3ABN, and cerrtainly they aren't ran by Danny Shelton.

Maybe you should read your church manual and see how these things work.
And I repeat:

Well, since you ask yes, I have heard something about the discipline by the Thompsonville church. I wonder if the conference got the full picture from the pastor and the ministry that pays half of his salary, or if they sat back and let the "trial" of Linda Shelton proceed with only one side able to present "evidence"?

-------- Original Message --------
To: Danny Shelton
Subject: Re: Re:
Date: 11/14/2005 11:48:14 AM

The contract does not specify as to making the contract available for others to see or not.

The contract does somewhat limit what I can say publically about those involved at 3ABN, including yourself. So do I speak with you or someone else in regards to being released from the contract so I may freely speak publically about the actions of people at 3ABN at the church business meeting requested by John Lomacang? You are well aware of this situation as I received emails from you regarding such.

-------- Original Message --------
To: Linda Shelton
Subject: Re: Re:
Date: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:33 PM

I don't know if 3ABN would release you or not. 3ABN has kept their part of the agreement, but I would think that you would at least be offering to give the $150,000 or so dollars back to 3ABN that you have received so far plus be willing to forfeit the $6,000 a month for the duration of the contract before asking for a release.

Click here to see the emails and comments regarding the gag order and how it impacted her censure by the Thompsonville church.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 31 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #162

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 30 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]189086[/snapback]

I asked FHB over a month ago to go to the pastor of his church and ask the pastor if Linda could be invited to speak at his church.... I think I asked you to try it to Cindy (and if not, ask your pastor, then tell us what he says) and see what the response would be... to date.... there has been no answer.... FHB stated that the pastor said he would take it to the church board... I can only assume there have been no church board meetings since I made the request...

my point.... there are very few churches that will allow her to come and speak.....

You didn't ask me, but I know better then to ask my Pastor as he was already here, As a concerned christian he tried to point out how none of this was being handled biblically, tried to point out the christian and biblical principles to follow, and was then insulted and got the boot. And he wasn't even taking sides. She's welcome as a visitor, I know that without asking also, but I know she won't be ministering.

Whether Linda was photographed in bed with the Doctor or not, she chose him over her husband and her ministry, normal people outside this petty little 3ABN world know that's just wrong.

The brethren also know *if* she didn't commit adultery, then she had no business agreeing to and signing divorce papers knowing it was unbiblical, and adultery is why Danny was divorcing her. Either she's an adulteress, or a liar, possibly both, and considering all this stink she's involved in, and behind here, no, she won't be singing or speaking at my Church without some serious repentance and change.

You asked.

And the sad part is, most people I've talked to didn't find all this out from either Danny or 3ABN, we found it all out from Linda's defenders and the 3ABN accusers...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 31 2007, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 31 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #163

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]189184[/snapback]

You didn't ask me, but I know better then to ask My Pastor as he was already here, shared hpw none of this was being handled biblically, tried to point out the christian and biblical principles to follow, and was then insulted and got the boot. And he wasn't even taking sides. She's welcome as a visitor, I know that without asking also, but I know she won't be ministering.

Whether Linda was photograped in bed with the Doctor or not, she chose him over her husband and her ministry, normal people outside this petty little 3ABN world know that's just wrong.

*if* she didn't commit adultery she had no business signing divorce papers knowing it was unbiblical, and that's why Danny was divorcing her, either she's an adulteress or a liar, possibly both, and considering all this stink she's involved in, and behind here, no, she won't be singing or speaking at my Church without some serious repentance and change.

You asked.

You do realize, that this type of christian spirit you just exemplified here will bring some comments in return, right? Is that what you wanted???

Aletheia, I'm seriously going to contain my words in this comment.

I will just say one thing to you at this time. If your church was the last church on this earth to attend, I would not show up to "worship" with you or your pastor if my life depended on it.

This is appalling.

I feel sorry for you.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 31 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #164

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 31 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]189188[/snapback]

You do realize, that this type of christian spirit you just exemplified here will bring some comments in return, right? Is that what you wanted???

Aletheia, I'm seriously going to contain my words in this comment.

I will just say one thing to you at this time. If your church was the last church on this earth to attend, I would not show up to "worship" with you or your pastor if my life depended on it.

This is appalling.

I feel sorry for you.

Don't feel sorry for me, You apparently find Jesus' words and commands appalling also.

Sin is sin and wrong is wrong, and those who condone it, and excuse it, do not love, they hate.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 31 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #165

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 31 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]189190[/snapback]

Don't feel sorry for me, You apparently find Jesus' words and commands appalling also.

Sin is sin and wrong is wrong, and those who condone it, and excuse it, do not love, they hate.

If I were you, I would get on my high HORSE and ride out of the place quick.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church