Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:44:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
Observer
post Mar 27 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 27 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]188210[/snapback]

Or it would BE nice to have the rest of the story. Having seen the 3abn forum on CA before it was closed, and having looked at the 3abn forum that is presently visible on CA, I have some questions.

1) Is there another 3abn forum available to those given special permission to see it besides the one that is visible currently?

2) If not, what happened to the multitude of posts that was on the old 3abn forum?

3) Since the ones that are currently visible are only ones which speak favorably of 3abn, does that mean that only favorable posts will be posted on this forum in the future?

I will respond to your questions:

1) There is no 3-ABN forum open for review and discussion on Club Adventist, other than the one that you can see.

2) The posts in the old discussion forum were stored in a place that Stan could access. I could not. I do not know if other Administrators had access to that section. Stan has done some software upgrades since that section was closed. He has also move to another servier. I do not know if those posts survived the move to another server.

3) As I understand the current policy at Club Adventist, in regard to 3-ABN, there is no intent to allow a free-ranging discussion of 3-ABN, such as CA once had. Therefore, in general, one might say that the favorable content of the posts presently made in the one open section on 3-ABN in Club Adventist, fairly represents what is going to be allowed in the future.

Stan, as you are likely to read my post, feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 27 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 27 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]188247[/snapback]

IMO it seemed things really heated up on these forums a few months before her payments ran out. Hardly coincidence.

What's the point? dunno.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 27 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #78

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]188253[/snapback]

It is not a question if the pay out was large. It is large, but was it fair? Was it her fair share of a ministry she helped to build? That is the question, and answer is no, since 3ABN is worth tens of millions of dollars. So the pay out can be large without being fair. Once again, even if she is guilty of all Danny charges, it doesn't excuse him to cheat her out of her fair share os the buisness. Espeicially since he is the one still there claiming to be the leader in Christian living. He needs to lead ALl things. This is about Danny's own words and deeds, toward Linda and others.

My position as always been that it was fair, more than fair. They did not own her what they gave her, unless she had an employment contract. All any employers owns you is a honest days pay for a honest days work. Linda, was not an owner of 3abn, she was an employer and officer. The 3abn corporation is the owner. Would you really expect them to sell half the assets and give it to Linda? That would dissolve the business. A corporation structure safeguards against this happening. A corporation has a life of it's own, regardless who runs it. It is by design should any one person leave the business for whatever reason, the business/corporation will go on. Co-founder,/how the business started means anything.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 27 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]188292[/snapback]

My position as always been that it was fair, more than fair. They did not own her what they gave her, unless she had an employment contract. All any employers owns you is a honest days pay for a honest days work. Linda, was not an owner of 3abn, she was an employer and officer. The 3abn corporation is the owner. Would you really expect them to sell half the assets and give it to Linda? That would dissolve the business. A corporation structure safeguards against this happening. A corporation has a life of it's own, regardless who runs it. It is by design should any one person leave the business for whatever reason, the business/corporation will go on. Co-founder,/how the business started means anything.

While I do tend to agree with you on this point, I just wonder what DS's severance package will look like if he is asked to step down? I mean, the poor guy only has two bank accounts with a total of $1500 between them after all.

Will he, as president and co-founder, settle for what I have highlighted in your post above?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 27 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]188292[/snapback]

not even close..... as a follower of Christ he had an obligation to go above and beyond fair....

Mat 5:40-48
If someone sues you for your shirt, give up your coat as well. (41) If a soldier forces you to carry his pack one mile, carry it two miles. (42) When people ask you for something, give it to them. When they want to borrow money, lend it to them. (43) You have heard people say, "Love your neighbors and hate your enemies." (44) But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you. (45) Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong. (46) If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for that? Even tax collectors love their friends. (47) If you greet only your friends, what's so great about that? Don't even unbelievers do that? (48) But you must always act like your Father in heaven.

It wasn't even fair by the world's standards... tell me of another husband and wife team who split up, when there were millions of dollars in the company they founded that the wife got less that half a million.....

Babyface and his wife divorce, their company was worth 140 million, she got half..... Michael Jordan and his wife divorced, he is worth estimated 400 million, she might not get half, but she is getting a whole lot more than a few hundred thousand dollars....

So I understand your position Calvin, and I have from the start, but I do not agree.... Danny got over....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 27 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #81

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 27 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]188298[/snapback]

not even close..... as a follower of Christ he had an obligation to go above and beyond fair....

Mat 5:40-48

It wasn't even fair by the world's standards... tell me of another husband and wife team who split up, when there were millions of dollars in the company they founded that the wife got less that half a million.....

Babyface and his wife divorce, their company was worth 140 million, she got half..... Michael Jordan and his wife divorced, he is worth estimated 400 million, she might not get half, but she is getting a whole lot more than a few hundred thousand dollars....

So I understand your position Calvin, and I have from the start, but I do not agree.... Danny got over....

Show me the average Joe that gets 2 year severance for loosing a job for whatever reason. Not many. The other stuff is apples and oranges. Hopefully, Linda did half or close to that with their personal assets, that is what gets split up in a divorce. Danny does not own 3abn to give her much more nor is he obligated too.

I don't know why so many of you think Linda deserves so much anyway. I am sure 3abn is nothing like it is now when they started it together 25 years ago. The Adventist church with its endorsement of 3abn is responsible for it's success, so are the donors, and the volunteers, and the other independent ministries that broadcast on 3abn, the employees, the technical staff that put it on the air. But Linda deserves half the business? Hardly. Even when I did watch 3abn, I did not watch it to see them. It an't all about Linda and Danny.

After three years the Linda Shelton pity party is as tiresome as the stuff from the other side. Linda iit is three years already, forget about writing a book, and updating your website with your side, and posting personal letters between you and Danny. GO GET A JOB.

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 27 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]188345[/snapback]

Show me the average Joe that gets 2 year severance for loosing a job for whatever reason. Not many. The other stuff is apples and oranges. Hopefully, Linda did half or close to that with their personal assets, that is what gets split up in a divorce. Danny does not own 3abn to give her much more nor is he obligated too.

I don't know why so many of you think Linda deserves so much anyway. I am sure 3abn is nothing like it is now when they started it together 25 years ago. The Adventist church with its endorsement of 3abn is responsible for it's success, so are the donors, and the volunteers, and the other independent ministries that broadcast on 3abn, the employees, the technical staff that put it on the air. But Linda deserves half the business? Hardly. Even when I did watch 3abn, I did not watch it to see them. It an't all about Linda and Danny.

After three years the Linda Shelton pity party is as tiresome as the stuff from the other side. Linda iit is three years already, forget about writing a book, and updating your website with your side, and posting personal letters between you and Danny. GO GET A JOB.

Calvin, if you are speaking as the Boss, I have no comments.

If you are speaking as a member giving his opinion, then I respectfully disagree with you on certain points, although I understand your position. My understanding is that because of the information that has been revealed about certain activities at 3ABN, the opinion of the church, at the top, has shifted and a number of definite appointments and other additional opportunities to minister within the SDA church are now opening up for Linda. At this time she is in preparation for speaking and singing appointments. If Linda wants to write a book about her experiences, she has the right to do so. If you have no desire to read it, you have the right not to purchase a copy. Linda's website? No one is forced to read it. I am sure that only those who are interested in hearing what she has to say go there. The same could be said about save3ABN.org. But that is just my opinion.

Sister

This post has been edited by sister: Mar 27 2007, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 27 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]188345[/snapback]

...GO GET A JOB

May I respectfully point out that LS was not just an "average Joe" at 3ABN - she was, at a minimum, a Vice President and arguably a co-founder. I am not advocating for or against her or the settlement she received. However, I know of someone - a very average joe, or susie - who negotiated over a years salary in a settlement agreement with a company simply because they were treated unfairly.

Just my $0.02

Snoopy

PS... I do agree with the concept of getting a job. If the money is gone, it's gone. There is no more. We all have to earn a living somehow.

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Mar 28 2007, 12:06 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 28 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]188345[/snapback]

GO GET A JOB.

Calvin, you are allowing the noise to obscure the simple but important fact that for someone whose vocation is Christian ministry, an unresolved allegation of overt sin makes one virtually unhireable in that vocation. Her witness and credibility as a minister of the gospel is contingent upon her name and reputation...and as long as that allegation remains unrefuted ( it's being denied is insufficient; exoneration is required ) her ability to to work is severely impinged... if not completely blocked.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 28 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

good points... she was not an average joe.... and she was co-founder.... AND.....what was done was not remotely christian.....IMO....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 28 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]188345[/snapback]

I agree, since Danny owns none of 3ABN, Linda's half of none is none. She got a settlement as a ex-employee which added up to just short of a 1/4 of a million dollars.

The Marital property is a separate issue, and being resolved right now, as they both originally divided all in their divorce agrement, and she has sued him since then to try and recieve more.

The court will decide what is fair, and all this argument in the mean time, without knowing all, is ridiculous to me.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 28 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Personally, I think she deserves it because for the very reason you don't. it IS a business. She and her husband built it together. It is not the same as either one of them being hired on as CEO or COB. They built it together. Plus, 3ABN is alternatively buisness and ministry when it is convenient. Too often when claiming buisness, they leave their " ministry" to the side and go ruthless corporate. That is what they did here. It is a Donald Trump move. He admittedly divorced Marla when he did because the prenup said if he waited untilt he next year he would have to pay her $5mil as oppose to the $1mil he paid here. Donald has not even professed to be christian so we really expect that from him So what Danny and the board did might have been legally right---barely--but was it ethically correct, then there are those pesky chirstian values to consider. Then Danny and the rest of the board who are on TV get up and still promote themselves as leaders in not just Christian living, but Adventist Christian living. We also know that people at that level are allowed to " resign" with all their benefits and perks in tact.

I also agree with Kevin, while these allegations go un answered and unresolved, Linda is inhibited in her ability to make aliving for herself in her chosen profession.

Then I am going to ask all those who think this was fair one more time, to tell me what Danny would do if he was dismissed with $250,000.00, and would you think that was fair?

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 27 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]188345[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 28 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 28 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]188406[/snapback]

I agree, since Danny owns none of 3ABN, Linda's half of none is none. She got a settlement as a ex-employee which added up to just short of a 1/4 of a million dollars.

Aletheia~

I have wondered about something for several weeks now since reading the various opinions about the separation agreement Linda signed. I am curious if since Linda signed the agreement in June, 2004 a separation agreement has been prepared in the event Danny were to leave 3abn? Do you know know if that has happened?

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 28 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #89

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 27 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]188357[/snapback]

Calvin, if you are speaking as the Boss, I have no comments.

If you are speaking as a member giving his opinion, then I respectfully disagree with you on certain points, although I understand your position. My understanding is that because of the information that has been revealed about certain activities at 3ABN, the opinion of the church, at the top, has shifted and a number of definite appointments and other additional opportunities to minister within the SDA church are now opening up for Linda. At this time she is in preparation for speaking and singing appointments. If Linda wants to write a book about her experiences, she has the right to do so. If you have no desire to read it, you have the right not to purchase a copy. Linda's website? No one is forced to read it. I am sure that only those who are interested in hearing what she has to say go there. The same could be said about save3ABN.org. But that is just my opinion.

Sister

Sister, I was wearing my member hat. And I want you and everyone else to feel comfortable disagreeing with my opinions. It's ok. smile.gif Thank you for the update on Linda, glad to hear she is moving on with her life.

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 28 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]188366[/snapback]

May I respectfully point out that LS was not just an "average Joe" at 3ABN - she was, at a minimum, a Vice President and arguably a co-founder. I am not advocating for or against her or the settlement she received. However, I know of someone - a very average joe, or susie - who negotiated over a years salary in a settlement agreement with a company simply because they were treated unfairly.

Just my $0.02

Snoopy

PS... I do agree with the concept of getting a job. If the money is gone, it's gone. There is no more. We all have to earn a living somehow.

No she is not an average Joe. A two year salary compensation for executives is consider very fair by corporate standards....and by the way, a gag order is standard practice too...and it is not considered in any way Unethical . I would have done the same. A business has the right to protect itself from disgruntle employees. They are paying you to keep quiet. If you want to talk, don't take the money.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 28 2007, 08:46 AM) [snapback]188388[/snapback]

Calvin, you are allowing the noise to obscure the simple but important fact that for someone whose vocation is Christian ministry, an unresolved allegation of overt sin makes one virtually unhireable in that vocation. Her witness and credibility as a minister of the gospel is contingent upon her name and reputation...and as long as that allegation remains unrefuted ( it's being denied is insufficient; exoneration is required ) her ability to to work is severely impinged... if not completely blocked.

In His service,
Mr. J

I don't believe her ability to work was in any place severely impinged. I ask, then where was her faith? If she is blocked in Adventist circle, then take your ministry to the rest of the world. I just don't get it. Maybe it is a gender thing, maybe a race thing. I have had road blocks thrown and me all my life. I grew up in single parent home, poor, ghetto environment, slow learner, Enron lost all retirement. Yet with God's help, I manage to find a way to succeed. Sorry I ain't feeling it for Linda.
QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 28 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]188392[/snapback]

good points... she was not an average joe.... and she was co-founder.... AND.....what was done was not remotely christian.....IMO....

Hey Clay, we have beat this dead horse enough, moving on.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 28 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 28 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]188410[/snapback]

I don't believe her ability to work was in any place severely impinged.

Which is your prerogstive... but the fact that churches are still being instructed to not allow her to speak or sing says otherwise.

I ask, then where was her faith?

Her problems do not stem from a lack of faith...

If she is blocked in Adventist circle, then take your ministry to the rest of the world.

You cant be serious. You think someone who has been steeped in this church will just pick up and go to the Baptist church down the street to minister there knowing they embrace doctrine Adventism believes to be error and not of God? BTW... if she is blocked in Adventist circles... and there is extensive evidence that she has been and continues to be... then her ability to work is, in fact, impinged.

I just don't get it. Maybe it is a gender thing, maybe a race thing. I have had road blocks thrown and me all my life. I grew up in single parent home, poor, ghetto environment, slow learner, Enron lost all retirement. Yet with God's help, I manage to find a way to succeed. Sorry I ain't feeling it for Linda.

Try this... growing up in that single parent home working to get out of the 'hood and you are accused by someone powerful of something heinous... something you did not do, but because of the person making the accusation, the inclination of people is to believe you guilty until you prove otherwise... dont you think that will have a seriously adverse effect on your succeeding?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church