Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13085&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:48:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mr Joy's Creditability, Owner of save3abn.com
sonshineonme
post Mar 27 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 27 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]188254[/snapback]

I didn't get invited yet...if I bring the haystacks can I come??? Please?

I LOVE a good haystack... notworthy.gif

Snoopy!!! Please come! And you don't have to bring a thing! You are most worthy of sharing in this feast! notworthy.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 27 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 27 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]188257[/snapback]

Snoopy!!! Please come! And you don't have to bring a thing! You are most worthy of sharing in this feast! notworthy.gif

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

signthankspin.gif I was getting worried...!!! yes.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #183

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I didn't say they won any trophies or set any records, I just said they were in there......I think children play a lot better than that, but who know. God holds out hope for me, I will for them, also. If they clownin' me, it is not on me.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 27 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]188238[/snapback]

Ya, Clay, I was thinking it was some little ones using their id's to play...and all of them in there at once, must have been a hoot of a time! Who knows...kind of a nice way to lurk too....how many windows can you have open anyway??? giggle.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 27 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #184

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 27 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]188233[/snapback]

Mr. Joy put his life into play by placing himself in a self appointed limelight...i.e. trashing DS, 3abn and anyone connected to 3abn. This is not about a distraction period. This is about the fact that a man who has no credentials in any form or fashion has placed himself as judge and jury to a world wide ministry. By putting himself in that position we have every right to find out about his ethics, business practices and his claims to being an "innocent convicted embezzler." blink.gif
If anyone on the street can pop up and decide to become a self appointed investigator of whatever place they choose, then put said allegations and lies on the internet, they should be ready for a search into their background. Especially when they had no credibility in the first place.

When the story came out that Mr. Joy was a convicted embezzler, I was one of the first to publicly state the facts in regard to his conviction. As those have been publicy stated, by me, and others, I am not going to review them again in this post.

I have been publicly requested to comment on these new alligations that are claimed to be available on the Internet. I have followed the links. All I can find is that a person who jokes about being a Chipendale dancer, and makes a joing comment about the 72 virgins also claims that the Internet support these new alligations.

If you can lead me to the origonal source, I will comment. But, I am not about to comment on something that is 3rd hand, or more down the line, and can only be traced to a purported Chipendale dancer.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #185

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No, Snoopy! Allare welcome.....wait this be at NW..........NW, Snoopy can come? I am sure it is alright she invted Aletheia and Lee!
QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 27 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]188258[/snapback]

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
signthankspin.gif I was getting worried...!!! yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 27 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 27 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]188260[/snapback]

When the story came out that Mr. Joy was a convicted embezzler, I was one of the first to publicly state the facts in regard to his conviction. As those have been publicy stated, by me, and others, I am not going to review them again in this post.

I have been publicly requested to comment on these new alligations that are claimed to be available on the Internet. I have followed the links. All I can find is that a person who jokes about being a Chipendale dancer, and makes a joing comment about the 72 virgins also claims that the Internet support these new alligations.

If you can lead me to the origonal source, I will comment. But, I am not about to comment on something that is 3rd hand, or more down the line, and can only be traced to a purported Chipendale dancer.

Gregory,
I have two emails out to the fellow who posted these claims but have not heard back from him yet. I did notice when I was reading his profile yesterday that he had been logged in on the ATomorrow forum that very day so the guy is obviously still around.

I do, also, find it noteworthy that that the webmaster at save3abn.com emailed him 10 days ago and hasn't gotten a response either.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #187

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Haystacks! Good ole SDA staple!!! I love them too! What do you put on yours? Ooops sorry PM that to me.....LOL!!

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 27 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]188254[/snapback]

I didn't get invited yet...if I bring the haystacks can I come??? Please?

I LOVE a good haystack... notworthy.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 27 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #188

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]188268[/snapback]

Haystacks! Good ole SDA staple!!! I love them too! What do you put on yours? Ooops sorry PM that to me.....LOL!!

I think it was beartrap's idea - I just jumped on his bandwagon... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Mar 27 2007, 02:32 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 27 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #189

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Black olives and guacamole!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 27 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #190

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 27 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]188272[/snapback]

Black olives and guacamole!

snack.gif

...and onions - lots of onions...

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 27 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #191

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Sorry....
BOT!

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 27 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]188273[/snapback]

...and onions - lots of onions...

Particularly green.... I love scallions!..

Okay -

BOT for real...
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 27 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #192

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 27 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]188274[/snapback]

Sorry....
BOT!
Particularly green.... I love scallions!..

Okay -

BOT for real...
snack.gif

I like cilantro and ranch dressing too...and always some brown rice!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 27 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #193

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]188262[/snapback]

No, Snoopy! Allare welcome.....wait this be at NW..........NW, Snoopy can come? I am sure it is alright she invted Aletheia and Lee!

Snoopy you are definitely invited. Please forgive my "four paw". crack-up.gif (i was looking for a way to use that)

Just be careful of my avatar as he is defintely the alpha in my clan.

Any one want pineapple on those hay stacks?

Heading back outside to set up the tables. hiya.gif

Note to self: more black beans, more chili, more fritos, more sour cream, more avocadoes.......

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 27 2007, 02:47 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 27 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #194

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 27 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]188251[/snapback]

You make a great point. Much of what you say "DS did" is coming from Joy and his sources. If you choose to believe that he is a credible source , so be it. But if by investigating him, you find that he and his "source" who we know has ulterior motives, Isn't credible then what? Those here that are Linda's friends continue to spread what they have been told. My point being that if you trace many of the stories back and they really originated from just a certain few people, then you may find that DS and 3abn haven't "done" anything to deserve what they're getting.

As far as distraction goes it would seem that is what your side is doing now with all the chit chat over nothing.

wwjd, I think you have me confused with someone else.... here is what I said Danny Shelton did... Danny Shelton came to BSDA and lied.... you can search the archives yourself for his first comment here... Danny Shelton did not treat his wife as a christian man should have when he chose to get a quick divorce, have her sign a statement limiting both how much money she got and what she could say.... Danny Shelton then proceeded to trash her reputation knowing she could not defend herself...

So all I have ever been concerned with from day one, and you can go back to the beginning, my position has not changed... it is simple... EVEN IF she did everything she has been accused of doing, Danny should not have treated her in the manner he did...

I don't want to hear the foolishness about she should have read what she signed, etc etc... as a christian man, he should not have done what he did.....

Now with the other stuff that has surfaced and been discussed and/or argued about, it reminds me of a punch line Flip Wilson had at the end of one of his jokes.... "yeah he did it and a whole bunch more....." It may never be proven, Danny will probably go on with his life, but its simple wwjd... I will believe Danny has done nothing when the majority of white people in the United States believe O.J. didn't commit murder.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 27 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #195

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 27 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]188260[/snapback]

Greg,

You were included in the inquiry because you have spoken for Mr. Joy in the past. You have associated yourself with him as part of Linda's team in regards to the ASI situation. Granted you have said that you are not all of one mind on all issues, but that doesn't change the fact that you have generally thrown in together in regards to the issues involving 3ABN.

The link I provided in the OP takes you directly to the posts - not the profile. I am not sure why you ended up at the profile when the link doesn't take you there. But, for clarity, here are the posts that are used as reference:

Post #1
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 10:05 am:
my issue (and at least 5 other landlords I know who were cheated) was with the writer of the save 3 abn web site.....referenced here:
http://www.atomorrow.com/cgi-bin/discus/sh...67272#POST67272

and not with 3abn itself.... tho I'm surprised at the speed with which Danny could find such a beauty to remarry and help him with his "ministry" while disposing of his ex in such an apparently unchristian-like here-today-gone-tomorrow manner.

While the 3ABN cause may beworthy of contributions itself, I would not donate to the save3abn web site however... as my experience with the founder of that was unfortunate.... he tried to pay his overdue rent one time with a check drawn on some EGW trust account which he said he controlled... for what purpose I never found out....

Post #2
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:21 am:
this website is intended to be a part of a larger effort to save 3ABN to the cause, and vindicate the character of God, whose name has been brought into reproach through the allegations ..

speaking about bringing reproach on the church thru individuals actions, and the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, would it be of interest to know that the probable writer of those words, but at least the founder of the web site, cheated his last 5-6 landlords out of duly owed rent payments? by simply not paying, and forcing delaying tactics and threatening expensive legal proceedings? including to me? including other SDA's? including cheating a bank to obtain a limited documentation mortgage in an under-employed daughters name, then not paying and forcing a forclosure? living for free for the better part of a year?with a substantial loss to the lender? all while professing a sanctimonious belief in the churches mission to bring healing to the world???

naw, this probably isn't the time and place...

otoh, while I sympathize with Linda's situation, and she should be somehow made aware of the nature of this "support", I would not donate a dime thru this spiders web-site that I didn't expect to be misappropriated.

and I expect to receive threats for posting this!

It is obvious that this isn't second hand information, but first hand information. The author of the posts indicates direct experience in regards to the claims. I have bolded the sections that indicate first hand source.

As to his profile, it is filled with tongue-in-cheek comments indicating a sense of humor. Does this make his claims invalid, I don't see how. The OP included a link to the information above. If you don't want to answer feel free to not do so.

And lest there be any uncertainty, I am not claiming that Gailon is guilty of the claims made above - as I did in my OP and another subsequent post I have asked for clarification on these issues. It is not unreasonable to explore the source of information found on the JoyPickle site. The information there has been promulgated here and cited many times in many postings here. Is that a valid source of information? Can you answer that without understanding the motives of those involved? Can you trust that information if those presenting it may have questionable approaches? As the poster at ATomorrow points out, while he generally sides with Linda, he questions the website used to attack Danny and 3ABN because of the claims he makes in his post.

No one has questioned you Greg. While you are one of Linda's main proponents publically you have not established a web site and carried around the title "Investigator" as a way to give validity to your claims or accusations. Gailon has placed himself in the center of all things 3ABN related. Can his word be trusted as one considers whether or not to support 3ABN in any form - this is where this issue comes into play.

Gailon has endeavored to create a perception that would lead people to withdraw support. This is intentional. He claims his information is solid and the truth. But, does this information and the embezzlement issue raise concerns about the veracity of his "truth"? I would think for most rational thinking individuals it would raise questions about it.

Danny, Tommy, the 3ABN BoD, Mollie, Shelley, their husbands, John Lomacang, et. al. have made statements that they claim to be true and yet each time they are held to a standard of review. Their words are regularly called lies. Their personal lives have been laid open here in more than one thread. Gailon has placed himself in this situation on the same plane as these people, the same plane as the representatives from ASI. That means his work is open for review and it must be reviewed the same as those at 3ABN are reviewed. If Mollie's words and action are going to be dissected, both her personal and private ones, and decisions about 3ABN are going to made based on this - then for balance to occur the same must be done with Mr. Joy and his site (and yes, we all know he owns the site, but it is clear by reading and comparing writing styles that he isn't the one writing the content).

I will grant you and others this, I may have rushed this topic to the boards. I could have emailed Mr. Joy, (he can email me as he has my email address courtesy of Mr. Pickle.) However, because of verification from other sources that these claims need to be addressed I posted it. In hindsight I could have established a stronger position by seeking a response from Mr. Joy. I would expect that his response would have been much the same as the one Mr. Pickle began to present in an earlier post and sounded a lot like the weak, rationalizing defense given for the embezzlement question - but I should have presented my findings to him before posting to see if he would respond.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church