Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13104&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:44:07 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can One Defy The 3abn Board & Get Away With It?, Linda, Tommy, Danny, & Brandy
LaurenceD
post Apr 3 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

If "management" is making important decsions, what/where is the policy that describes what powers management has--or has been delegated--and what powers the board has, if any. I wonder if any proposal before the board has ever been rejected, or modified.

Depending on the powers of the board, it could revisit certain types of issues, and could also override management decisions--which is normally the way it works.

We're tinkering with the screws in the hinge here, the very important thing on which the weight of the whole door depends.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #137

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Apr 3 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]189712[/snapback]

Bob, my first question would be can any Board member invite someone to speak before the full board or could they be blocked by the Chairman? Would past Board members have an answer to this question which does not seem to be one that would be precluded by any confidentiality issues.

Want to contact him and see what he says? Or any of the other board members?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Apr 3 2007, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 3 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 3 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]189747[/snapback]

If "management" is making important decsions, what/where is the policy that describes what powers management has--or has been delegated--and what powers the board has, if any. I wonder if any proposal before the board has ever been rejected, or modified.

Depending on the powers of the board, it could revisit certain types of issues, and could also override management decisions--which is normally the way it works.

We're tinkering with the screws in the hinge here, the very important thing on which the weight of the whole door depends.

No LaurenceD, we are not "tinkering".... except as some try to figure out how 3abn compares with other duly constructed boards... and expect to find the way things "normally.... work" applying in the 3abn case. There is plenty of testimony from "both sides".... or many sides.... that let us know that Danny is the door, he is the hinge, he is the screws, and he is the carpenter which puts them in place.

One good place to find this on BSDA is in the guided tour to the Unauthorized History threads... which, btw, as you probably already know, contains input from a LOT more witnesses than merely Sister's accounts. Another good place to look is in the documents from the 1997 time frame when Hulsey was explaining to Folkenberg why 3abn would not be willing to sign any kind of contract with the GC.

It is nice to keep bringing up how corporations and boards normally work so as to show that 3abn does not work that way.... but it is futile if we carry that comparison to the point of thinking that we could "tinker" with the operations as they stand now... or that they are going to change and bring themselves into line with what is "normally" done by such board.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 3 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

scratchchin.gif Thank you folks for some very interesting points discussed last night and this am.

TVsnack.gif <----Rosyroi's computer...

still watching the developments...unfortunately still addicted

Rosyroi @}---;---;-----

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Apr 3 2007, 11:19 AM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 3 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #140

500 + posts
Group Icon

watchbird, just for clarification, by "tinkering," I mean, in our diagnosis, we're getting to the real cause of the problem with the whole purpose of having this board. The questions we're asking is the very thing power structure hinges on. No, DS is not suppose to be the board or the hinges (policies). He's mangagement, owner, president. Presidents can sit on boards, but boards, by their very nature, are set up to be the policy making part of the structure of an organization. He may ask for board approval of the Rules of Order and Procedure, ie, but if he is dictating to them what these policies are, the whole thing is a farce. If this board is truely just management giving the board wheel another spin, there's no use in even having a board--it's all just for show.

Maybe we've just nailed it!

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 3 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #141

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 3 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]189764[/snapback]

watchbird, just for clarification, by "tinkering," I mean, in our diagnosis, we're getting to the real cause of the problem with the whole purpose of having this board. The questions we're asking is the very thing power structure hinges on. No, DS is not suppose to be the board or the hinges (policies). He's mangagement, owner, president. Presidents can sit on boards, but boards, by their very nature, are set up to be the policy making part of the structure of an organization. He may ask for board approval of the Rules of Order and Procedure, ie, but if he is dictating to them what these policies are, the whole thing is a farce. If this board is truely just management giving the board wheel another spin, there's no use in even having a board--it's all just for show.

Maybe we've just nailed it!

Thanks for the clarification.

And yes, I think you have indeed "nailed it" ..... and when "for show" is what it's all about, then it is all important. Listen to Danny's public statements... and hear the echos of the spin machines..... "Could anything be wrong if successful businessmen of integrity, like those on the board, support 3abn?"

Call it "for show"... call it Public Relations.... call it a "credibility machine".... or any of many other possible labels.... it's all the same thing.... it's all part of the machinery that keeps the "really big shew" "on the road" and out on the airwaves.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 3 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 3 2007, 06:27 AM) [snapback]189701[/snapback]

SE,

I have wondered where you have been. hug.gif Hope your move has been a positive one!

You raise many good points in your post. I think it is important to keep our Christian experience in the forefront while discussing the issues around 3abn. It is so easy to get irritated by something someone says, be cross back at them and forget that they are one of the precious souls that our Savior chose to die for. I know I have gone that direction a few times myself and it has caused me to step back and try to put things back into perspective.

Sometimes I do wish I could step away from these issues but I have such a burden on my heart for Tommy Shelton and his alleged victims as well as for Danny who has been instrumental in the attempt to cover up the behavior and, in the process, has tainted the view of our important, lifesaving message in the eyes of some folk.

Not all of the victims or their families can separate the SDA church from 3abn as Duane Clem has done. If not for Bob Pickle's work to expose the abuse being minimized and condoned by Danny and others, it is a strong possibility that Duane would not have stepped out of his own denial about the abuse. It has been such a joy to see him beginning to heal because of this investigation and to watch how his involvement here on BSDA has affected his outlook on our denomination. If his healing is the only victory that comes out of this process, it will have been worth it all!

If you feel that being involved here on the 3abn forum is not good for your own walk with our Lord, then you have to follow your heart. It will be a sad thing, IMO, because you have brought so much to this process through your perspective.
NW,
This is a point I have often wondered about. Are the Chairman and BoD even made aware of these types of issues that could have such an impact on the reputation of the ministry or do they deal only with the business side of 3abn?

well in referring to "is it always D.S. or does the board ever take another opinion" ? one huge observation that comes to mind; after the first exposure of TS's behavior, the board supposedly fired him and then DS bought him a luxury bus to travel around the country in to advertise 3abn. does that not seem beyond bizarre? i mean if that board decided that TS's reputation was a detriment to 3abn, who could possibly justify TS traveling the country representing 3abn? huh.gif also if anyone knows, who was the president of the board back then?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 3 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i have another couple of questions: does anyone know who all the board members are and how to contact them by snail mail? if so, why don't we start a writing campaign?
i've tried all i can with walt so we can forget him. he's totally DS's puppet. you can't get through to him and i don't know if you can get past him. his diatribe is: they are all victims. they are all persecuted. everyone else is evil liars.
when he wrote that infamous 'ultimatum' letter to linda he even confessed that the "rest of the board didn't know anything about the situation" so his ultimatum was strictly between him and danny. i ask you, is that how a board works? i've never heard of anything like that. isn't the point of a board for checks and balances and responsibilities that are solely on behalf of the entity in which they represent. maybe i'm in error here but i always thought a BOD was to represent and protect the company, organization, etc. not the owners, president, etc.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 3 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]189801[/snapback]

i have another couple of questions: does anyone know who all the board members are and how to contact them by snail mail? if so, why don't we start a writing campaign?

Great idea. Maybe Save3ABN can put up a contact them page.

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 3 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]189801[/snapback]
when he wrote that infamous 'ultimatum' letter to linda he even confessed that the "rest of the board didn't know anything about the situation" so his ultimatum was strictly between him and danny.

He told you that? Can I get a copy of that?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #145

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

After thinking about this a bit more, it seems like Danny would have a conflict of interest in any 3ABN matter concerning his wife if that matter had to do with marriage counseling. He really couldn't have ethically had a part to play in that ultimatum, could he have?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 3 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #146

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 3 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]189723[/snapback]

We may have one already...or two or three. Who knows, we may even have a quorum! And if that's the case, "discussions" on the internet, carried on by board members, has been interpreted by the courts as violating the Open Public Meetings Act--heehee--as if there's any accountability here (or there).

LD, you are suggesting that with a topic like this one, about the BoD, and with wwjd, Bystander, amd Lee only posting once each, and Aletheia posting about 5 times (all having nothing to do with the topic), that things are starting to make sense...that the reason why they know so much is because...well?

Yep, that's what i'm thinking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 3 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 3 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]189801[/snapback]

i've tried all i can with walt so we can forget him. he's totally DS's puppet. you can't get through to him and i don't know if you can get past him. his diatribe is: they are all victims. they are all persecuted. everyone else is evil liars.
when he wrote that infamous 'ultimatum' letter to linda he even confessed that the "rest of the board didn't know anything about the situation" so his ultimatum was strictly between him and danny. i ask you, is that how a board works? i've never heard of anything like that. isn't the point of a board for checks and balances and responsibilities that are solely on behalf of the entity in which they represent. maybe i'm in error here but i always thought a BOD was to represent and protect the company, organization, etc. not the owners, president, etc.

Board member names and address are included in the IRS Form 990 and are public information. Here's the "List of Officers, Directorsfrom the 2005 filing:

OK - I'm pretty sure I didn't do that right - still learning...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Apr 3 2007, 06:52 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Apr 3 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #148

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]189409[/snapback]

sabbath observance does not earn one brownie points and cannot save.... It is Jesus, and only Jesus.... not Jesus + the sabbath or Jesus + diet.... even though as adventists we seems to make it seem that the "pluses" are important....

God's light has remained the same.... It is Jesus, and only He who saves..... nothing more... nothing less....

So right, Clay wave.gif Oops, I was 'back reading' and just had to comment on this old post. But I stand by it! giggle.gif

JT

This post has been edited by JustTana: Apr 3 2007, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 3 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #149

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 3 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]189864[/snapback]

Board member names and address are included in the IRS Form 990 and are public information. Here's the "List of Officers, Directorsfrom the 2005 filing:

OK - I'm pretty sure I didn't do that right - still learning...

You did it right. If you click on the images, and then expand that to fill the full screen, you can read names and addresses.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #150

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 3 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]189864[/snapback]

I know Walt's address there is out of date.

Click on this and you'll see his current address.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church