Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13246&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:58 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letters Between Linda And The Thompsonville Church, J.L. re: counseling, censure & attempts at reconciliation
joyce
post Apr 15 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,766

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 15 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]191534[/snapback]

yeah i remember that.

Are you thinking of Ted Tesner by chance? That may be the name, but not positive. He was a pastor in the San Diego area. I think it is now called the Messiah ??. It was at Loma Linda last year and is coming to Washington State in May I think.
I know folk in Loma LInda that were involved with giving tours when it was there.

Joyce
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 15 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #152

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(joyce @ Apr 15 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]191549[/snapback]

Are you thinking of Ted Tesner by chance? That may be the name, but not positive. He was a pastor in the San Diego area. I think it is now called the Messiah ??. It was at Loma Linda last year and is coming to Washington State in May I think.
I know folk in Loma LInda that were involved with giving tours when it was there.

Joyce

I remember hearing about the exhibit when it was set up in Loma Linda and know someone who helped with the tours as well. Small SDA world, huh!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 15 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, and while you all are filling in all the other blanks, please take a line or two to explain to me why Danny was selling the T'ville church?
QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 15 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]191509[/snapback]

Then the big court case came with the state of Illinois investagating 3ABN right to claim property tax exemption came about and Danny had a large acreage parcel of land just down the road and across the street with only the 3ABN elementary school, some housing for guests, a nice area where he put in a double-wide trailer for his daughter, Melody, (but he did not allow any of the other workers to have their trailers there, and a pond where Danny like to take out his little boat and go fishing. Now there was a need quickly change the use of the property, so Danny took the shell of the Sanctuary Exhibit, added wings on two sides, beautifully finished the interior and there was the new worship center. Danny sold the exsisting Thompsonville church which was about a 8 minute drive away from 3ABN and a 5 minute drive from the West Franklin SDA church. Moved his congregation into the new worship center and could now prove that the land was used for ministry. [/color] [/indent]

There are still questions that are unanswered. Hopefully others who are reading this will fill in some of these for us.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 15 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(joyce @ Apr 15 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]191549[/snapback]

Joyce

You know, that could be it. The pastor I recall lived in the Loma Linda area (I think in Grand Terrace) but pastored in San Diego. He was an older gentleman, quite tall, gray hair and his wife was a big-wig in health-care somehow, I think.

QUOTE(vanburton @ Apr 15 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]191502[/snapback]

There is a life size wilderness sanctuary (named Messiah's Mansion) headed to the Walla Walla area via 18 wheeler in mid-May. It will be on display for 10 days for people to tour through. It is coming from Oklahoma Academy where it is kept. I don't know if it is the same one in discussion here.

Maybe that is it! Maybe the exhibit is not lost after all! PTL.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 15 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Ken Cox lives in Grand Terrace. but i dont think it was him.
QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 15 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]191553[/snapback]

You know, that could be it. The pastor I recall lived in the Loma Linda area (I think in Grand Terrace) but pastored in San Diego. He was an older gentleman, quite tall, gray hair and his wife was a big-wig in health-care somehow, I think.
Maybe that is it! Maybe the exhibit is not lost after all! PTL.gif

yeah claremont does sound familiar. does anyone remember the name of that baby faced preacher that is on 3abn from time to time? seems it might have been him.
QUOTE(lurker @ Apr 15 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]191529[/snapback]

I remember there was at one time an Adventist minister who toured with a full size model of the wilderness sanctuary. He would be on 3ABN from time to time and wear a priest's garments and explain different things about the sanctuary. I felt like Danny coveted the display and would nag the minister about donating it to 3ABN. He didn't seem inclined to do so at the time. I seem to remember that it was once on display in Washington DC in the mall area and drew a lot of people. Claremont church comes to mind as a sponsoring church but that could be wrong. I don't remeber the minister's name but I can see a picture of him in my mind.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 15 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

I am unclear on whether or not there are two sanctuary exhibits. It was my understanding that the man who "did" a sanctuary exhibit quit... but I'm not sure of this info. Its all tied in with Tami McGrew and the Riverside church, somehow, if I remember correctly.

One thing I DO know, the Messiah's Mansion is out of Oaklahoma Academy, and the website is www.messiahsmansion.com, and is managed by Clayton Leinneweber. There are photos of him on the site.

Interestingly, I saw a sanctuary exhibit at the Pathfinder Camporee in Oshkosh, WI, but I do not find apperances in WI listed on the Messiah's Mansion website.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 15 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #157

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

For anyone who is unfamiliar with this subject, a "Sanctuary" Realplayer link is here.

http://www.programsnow.org/programs/vop/00/vops0032.ram

The transcript is here:

"LONNIE: Yes, and we have another perspective on Leviticus as well. In order to better understand how it applies to life today, I spoke recently with Pastor Ted Tessner. His church has built a reconstruction of the Leviticus sanctuary to help people better understand the Old Testament."

http://web21.tagnet.org/previous_broadcast...tml?s0032%2Bcal

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 15 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(joyce @ Apr 15 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]191549[/snapback]

Joyce

Yes, it is Ted Tessner. I went to the exhibit several years ago and took lots of pic's and bought books and T-shirts. It was a production of the "Omega Broadcasting Corp." back then.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 17 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #159

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 13 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]191216[/snapback]

About the Thompsonville SDA Church website;

- - -
My amazement was in what IS NOT on the site, more so than what IS on the site.

It appears that the Church Campmeeting is the 3ABN Campmeeting.

I have not been there since 2004, but then there was no doubt that Mr. Danny Shelton was the supreme ruler at the Camp Meeting held at the Church that belonged to 3ABN. Nothing indicated the Illinois Conference was involved.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 17 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 17 2007, 04:15 AM) [snapback]191707[/snapback]

I have not been there since 2004, but then there was no doubt that Mr. Danny Shelton was the supreme ruler at the Camp Meeting held at the Church that belonged to 3ABN. Nothing indicated the Illinois Conference was involved.

Yes I agree with that thought. I couldn't have said it better myself or even been able to add to it.

BTW
It is my understanding that several independent ministries have some kind of campmeeting that is offered within the USA. Some are large and some are small. Some campmeetings are for just a weekend and some use longer time span. I think it depends on how many people attend to finance the event.

Either most or all of these campmeetings are listed in Adventist World, North American edition. At least this is my understanding. If I am wrong I will be corrected.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 17 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #161

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(lurker @ Apr 11 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]190886[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of someone who was prosecuted for a crime and refused to admit to a lesser crime in order to "plea bargain" and get a less harsh sentance. They refused because they were innocent but but were convicted of the more serious crime.

Well I believe that is what happened between Linda and her accusers. She thought they would believe her because she knew she was innocent and that the lack of evidence would prove it. But she failed to understand that sympathy is almost always with the husband in such cases. There is much sympathy (sometimes even admiration) for sexually straying among the brethren. There would have been much more sympathy for her if she had "admitted" to adultry and "repented" than telling the truth as she did.

Excellent analogy!
yes.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]190935[/snapback]

...The world is concerned with the Id and the ego and the super Ego, and "How do you feel" "what do you want"

God's says that way is wrong. It's all about Self.

The BIBLE states - "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart...." That would speak to "what you want". Now why is "what I want" wrong..... (per you) - yet per the BIBLE it is not?

Get right or get left........
QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 11 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]190936[/snapback]

... everything is not Freudian...

That be trippin' me out too! Folks that don't have any "true knowledge" of psychology, therapeutic interventions, and ways of assisting patients in the psyche area always reach for Freud - and don't realize that he is but a piece of a giant puzzle. Jes like a puzzle - if you take out one piece; the whole picture is not complete....
doh.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]190962[/snapback]

Just so you know, I took Nursing , including psychiatric Nursing, and even had ongoing education as required. and have worked in mental health jobs, also, so I'm not a total idiot about this subject, although not a Doctor or expert either. . But Frankly I am bored with all your arguments, the subject of what can be called counselling, and what cannot, and therefore doesn't count as official counseling for Linda, doesn't interest me.

Just because I pick up trash in my yard doesn't make me a garbage man/woman. Just because I can "throw down" in the kitchen - doesn't mean I am to be called a "cook".... As for the subject being about what "official counseling" is or isn't - it should be of a concern to you.

Why?

One of the repeatedly mentioned arguments is that Linda received "professional" counseling/counseling. If she did receive "counseling" and it was shoddy or not correctly "trained" - then was it really counseling?
dunno.gif
QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 11 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]191015[/snapback]

Wait I needs some serious fried meaty bits for this one! I got some veggie bits, too. Have some? Propel?

You gotta snack on something...this is a hot mess....
snack.gif
QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 13 2007, 01:57 AM) [snapback]191215[/snapback]

Thank you.......thank you.......... thankyou.gif
Yes, I was wondering about the "looking down your nose at a judge" comment. Judges sit on the bench, which is elevated way above the courtroom floor. For someone to look down there nose at a judge, wouldn't they have to be, like, REALLY tall?

Just wondering.... blink.gif

Quite tall. Like 12-20 feet tall.....
Go Yao...
snack.gif yet some more....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 17 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #162

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The BIBLE states - "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart...." That would speak to "what you want". Now why is "what I want" wrong..... (per you) - yet per the BIBLE it is not?

Get right or get left........

rofl1.gif I know that's right!!

Just because I pick up trash in my yard doesn't make me a garbage man/woman. Just because I can "throw down" in the kitchen - doesn't mean I am to be called a "cook".... As for the subject being about what "official counseling" is or isn't - it should be of a concern to you.

Why?

One of the repeatedly mentioned arguments is that Linda received "professional" counseling/counseling. If she did receive "counseling" and it was shoddy or not correctly "trained" - then was it really counseling?
dunno.gif

Not to mention a good many hours were claimed to have been given by JL, and can you blieve his degree is in eletronics??!!! Man!! I need that fainting smiley!!! Electronics, Gurl!!! But he was a-counselin' somebody! They threw that out there like she was seeing Dr. Joyce Brothers,and she was talking to the man who could have been on the Geek Patrol from Best Buy! LOL!!! rofl1.gif

Ooops! did I say that out loud? Sorry! let me straighten up now. Ahem!!! smile.gif

snack.gif

Ok??!!!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 17 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #163

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 17 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]191782[/snapback]

snack.gif

Ok??!!!!

I got some three-cheese Kettle Chips here ... snack.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 17 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #164

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Alrighty now, have a seat here, SE! Have some popcorn, fried meaty or veggie bits?(a BSDAthing)

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 17 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]191796[/snapback]

I got some three-cheese Kettle Chips here ... snack.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 17 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #165

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 17 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]191797[/snapback]

Alrighty now, have a seat here, SE! Have some popcorn, fried meaty or veggie bits?(a BSDAthing)

SE is down wid that......

I know him fa sho!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church