Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13246&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letters Between Linda And The Thompsonville Church, J.L. re: counseling, censure & attempts at reconciliation
calvin
post Apr 12 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #121

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Well here is an update from this afternoon. She didn't make it to dinner time. roflmao.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 12 2007, 09:00 PM) [snapback]191193[/snapback]

(Do I detect a bit of embarrassed sputtering off in the distance?)

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif I'm not touching that bet! I was going to check the list each day, but now that I know you can see her even if she checks in anonymously I'll just sit back and wait for your updates!

Yep, addicted we all are...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 12 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 12 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]191201[/snapback]

Well here is an update from this afternoon. She didn't make it to dinner time. roflmao.gif

Thanks for the update, Boss!

(PB smuggly pats the crisp $20 dollar bill safely ensconced in her pocket and roflmao.gif rofl1.gif )

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 12 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 12 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]191167[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be "I'll get you, my pretty... and your little dog too..."

In His service,
Mr. J

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif good one awesum

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 12 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]191191[/snapback]

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Elder L's prior pastoral experience.

it wasn't me greg. it was di

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 12 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 12 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]191203[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif good one awesum
it wasn't me greg. it was di

HI AL wave.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Every last one of you is jusst wrong that this! LOL!!! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Cindy, jes come on home, Gurl! Ok, come on everybody, group hug for Aleitheia! group.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 12 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 12 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]191195[/snapback]

Duane,

No matter how many times I read your GEMS OF WISDOM they just crack me up.

rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif rofl1.gif laugh.gif

Thank you.......thank you.......... thankyou.gif

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 12 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]191199[/snapback]

I kinda like my two new gems of wisdom I recently added. Not as cute as yours Duane but I think I will keep em for awhile for reminders.

Rosyroi

Yes, I was wondering about the "looking down your nose at a judge" comment. Judges sit on the bench, which is elevated way above the courtroom floor. For someone to look down there nose at a judge, wouldn't they have to be, like, REALLY tall?

Just wondering.... blink.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 13 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

About the Thompsonville SDA Church website;

Don't churches post calendars and prayer meeting topics?
Is the pastor the only Point of Contact (POC)? I found only one page about the Thompsonville church and that had information about how to contact JL.

You are right, it is very generic! It told me zero about the Thompsonville Church. You can learn about anything BUT the Thompsonville Church.

My amazement was in what IS NOT on the site, more so than what IS on the site.

It appears that the Church Campmeeting is the 3ABN Campmeeting.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 13 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 12 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]191215[/snapback]

Thank you.......thank you.......... thankyou.gif
Yes, I was wondering about the "looking down your nose at a judge" comment. Judges sit on the bench, which is elevated way above the courtroom floor. For someone to look down there nose at a judge, wouldn't they have to be, like, REALLY tall?

Just wondering.... blink.gif

Duane,
That's what I was thinking. They would have to be larger than life....or perhaps up on a pedestal, or at least a ladder. Could one get a ladder through the courthouse metal detectors?

And, Duane, your Gems of Wisdom are not only humorous, they are also real historical treasures now that Bystander and wwjd are no longer with us.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 13 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 13 2007, 02:27 AM) [snapback]191216[/snapback]

About the Thompsonville SDA Church website;

Don't churches post calendars and prayer meeting topics?
Is the pastor the only Point of Contact (POC)? I found only one page about the Thompsonville church and that had information about how to contact JL.

You are right, it is very generic! It told me zero about the Thompsonville Church. You can learn about anything BUT the Thompsonville Church.

My amazement was in what IS NOT on the site, more so than what IS on the site.

It appears that the Church Campmeeting is the 3ABN Campmeeting.

Yeah, you'd think the churches would post that info... but not always! This new adventist connect idea is good, in that it gets websites for churches that wouldn't otherwise have one, however, some churches I've seen have switched from their more informative sites to the generic template! Our pastor tried to get me to drop our custom website in favor of adventist connect. Needless to say, I wasn't interested.

As for the Thompsonville church: I think its pretty clear that its location is awfully close to 3abn (on the property), has a lot of employees (8-9) on the board, and a pastor paid by 3abn (1/3 - 1/2 salary).... those factors are all I believe is needed to justify investigating whether or not 3abn has undue influence on the operation of the church.

My church has a similar "institutional" influence, and although the first two factors I listed above are not a guarentee of the church being controlled, the third one is a real red flag to me.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 13 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yes, FTP, we really do have several places like that Loma Linda, OC, Andrews, Well, pretty much all of our college areas, but the churches are admittedly belonging to those institutions. The LL church does not sit on LL grounds and then claim not to be the LL church, same with OC, Andrews, etc. To me it is such an unnecessary lie to tell. Very problematic.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 13 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 13 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]191275[/snapback]

Yes, FTP, we really do have several places like that Loma Linda, OC, Andrews, Well, pretty much all of our college areas, but the churches are admittedly belonging to those institutions. The LL church does not sit on LL grounds and then claim not to be the LL church, same with OC, Andrews, etc. To me it is such an unnecessary lie to tell. Very problematic.

yes.gif ...and to what point?? Why is it so bad to say it is the 3ABN Church? I don't get it dunno.gif
From an analysis perspective, if we start with a population that includes the entire membership of said church and then subtract the number of members who are either employed by, volunteer at, or are otherwise affiliated with 3ABN, we could probably count those remaining on one hand...JMO... dunno.gif

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 13 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #132

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 13 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]191280[/snapback]

yes.gif ...and to what point?? Why is it so bad to say it is the 3ABN Church? I don't get it dunno.gif
From an analysis perspective, if we start with a population that includes the entire membership of said church and then subtract the number of members who are either employed by, volunteer at, or are otherwise affiliated with 3ABN, we could probably count those remaining on one hand...JMO... dunno.gif

I have no problem with it being the 3abn church... as long as the local attending membership is happy with it.

The problem in this case, is whether or not the board is a freethinking board, or whether there are strings attached - you know, the purse / marionette strings....

Are there strings? dunno.gif

I do however, start to wonder when me thinketh "the lady protesteth too much...."

--------------------
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 13 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #133

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Exactly Snoopy! The problem with that in this particular case is as FTP says, is the board at the church free thinking, or is it also the same rubber stamp the 3ABN board seems to be. I believe they hae members in common. Therefore, in particular, would Linda had gotten a fair hearing in their presence. We already know that the pastor presiding over the meetings was already.....biased toward Danny's side of the story, and we can be pretty sure the other board members with direct 3ABN affiliation would also vote in favor of Danny's wishes. How many of them were involved in the 3ABN's board desicion to have her sign a gag order for 250K? IOW, did Danny also use this board to act out his vindictive actions fueled by his own anger?

Plus, Cindy's people are just to eager for her to lead us to believe that they church has less to do with 3ABN than is actually does.....come on now......on the property?

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 13 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]191280[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 13 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Maybe I'd better elaborate a bit more, because first I used the term "red flag" then I said "I have no problem...."

I really don't have a problem with it being the 3abn church... but, yes, the pastors salary being paid by 3abn is a red flag to me. Why? money. plain and simple. No matter how much we try to let truth influence us, and not money, money still speaks to our subconsicous. To me, this means that no matter how honorable a man John Lomacang is (and I believe he tries to be), having 3abn pay part of his salary puts him in a position where he (minimally subconciously, maybe consciously) doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him. Translation? He will put more weight on the wishes of one Mr. Danny Shelton than I believe is ethical for a pastor to do. (I believe this effects the board/church members as well.)

This is something I must take into account when evaluating his communications with Linda.

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Apr 13 2007, 11:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 13 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Who me??notworthy.gif

Larger than life?? cloud9.gif

cute.gif
Up on a pedestal? Awww.... : thankyou.gif
:
wow.gif

cheer.gif

REALITY CHECK
diepig.gif

dunno.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 13 2007, 06:27 AM) [snapback]191242[/snapback]

Duane,
That's what I was thinking. They would have to be larger than life....or perhaps up on a pedestal, or at least a ladder. Could one get a ladder through the courthouse metal detectors?

And, Duane, your Gems of Wisdom are not only humorous, they are also real historical treasures now that Bystander and wwjd are no longer with us.

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church