Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:12 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
shinejoy
post Apr 19 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,195

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]191980[/snapback]

This is only speculation but I suspect this will lead to an overhaul in the leadership and management of 3ABN…..and not just Doug as the front person with Danny pulling the strings in the background. 3ABN is a ministry but it is also a business. When a business has this many problems, typically a top leadership and management change is necessary in order for the new leader to be effective. These changes won’t take place overnight but you can expect new management as the old are eased out the door.

this does make sense thanks calvin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 19 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]191985[/snapback]

Well, this could be a step in the right direction.

But for those of us on the sidelines who were becoming more and more, shall we say, uncomfortable with what we were seeing, it was always that Danny should step down from leading 3ABN to allow a free and impartial investigation into the allegations against him and the other leaders. (Particularly Tommy, but also if there was complicity in any cover-ups by Walt, John L, Mollie, Shelley, etc.)

So the first part of the request may be coming true, but if the scandals are not addressed, it makes the church look much worse than before because it could be just one more cover-up.

I agree, SE.

I think that the investigation and scandal being addressed needs to happen. But I do not think that the new management should do the investigation. I think that the new management should, for the most part, confine its role in addressing the scandal to those things that pertain to the continuance of 3abn. Such as appropriate wage scales.

Thus, I find much reason to sit back and wait to see what happens! I hope and pray that this will work out to good of all.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 19 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 19 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]191984[/snapback]

Imagine my surprise when I first opened BSDA to see what new has happened since last night.

AM in total complete shock. blink.gif

I agree with you watchbird

no.gif

And the list goes on...

and on...

and on...

Rosyroi
@}---;---;-----

Another forum that receives posts from "both sides" said this:

Tomatoe said: P we are well aware of what Greg just said on bsda and are trying to straighten it out. DANNY SHELTON IS NOT RESIGNING AND WILL CONTINUE HIS ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AT 3ABN. DOUG WILL BE PRESIDENT/DIRECTOR OF THE MERGER BUT WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS!
This is not hard to understand.

Peacefully SDA asked: Who will be in charge of day-to-day operations?

Rosie55 replied: Peaceful, the same person who has always been running the day to day operations in the last 20 years!

Danny Shelton

Tomatoe posted:Originally Posted by tomatoe
Thank you Rosie, Yes as usual Mr. Joy puts into print totally incorrect information and DF runs to post that false information.
Amazing Facts IS NOT TAKING OVER 3ABN. It is my understanding the ministries will MERGE to produce the most powerful media tool the SDA church has ever known. To reach the world with the love of Jesus Christ has always been the goal of both ministries. Doug Batchelors vision has always been evangelizing and 3abn has the media tools to make the most of it.
If you want the correct Information watch 3abn's live tonight.
Mr. Joy reports falsely, again, that DS started seeing Brandi right after the divorce. WRONG. Brandi did not even move to southern Illinois until late November of that year. He also states she was employed at 3abn by oct of that same year. That would be a majic trick since she lived in Florida until the move in late november.
Over on bsda you even have observer and Johann questioning Mr. Joy's information! His own side!! People that ought to tell you something.

franny replied: If I spread out a calendar, and threw a tomato into the sky;

What are the chances it would land smack dab in July?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 19 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Apr 19 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]191988[/snapback]

I think that the investigation and scandal being addressed needs to happen. But I do not think that the new management should do the investigation. I think that the new management should, for the most part, confine its role in addressing the scandal to those things that pertain to the continuance of 3abn. Such as appropriate wage scales.

100% agreed. Batchelor is probably in a role to provide pastoral care to those who must go, but he doesn't have the credentials to investigate such things any more than Lomacang has the credentials for counseling. Oops doh.gif ... didn't mean to say that.

The stuff has gotten so terrible that if it goes under the carpet unaddressed, the thousands of people who have been to save3abn.com will definitely notice. thumbdown.gif

Thus, I find much reason to sit back and wait to see what happens! I hope and pray that this will work out to good of all.

Praying. Yes.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

100% agreed. Batchelor is probably in a role to provide pastoral care to those who must go, but he doesn't have the credentials to investigate such things any more than Lomacang has the credentials for counseling. Oops doh.gif ... didn't mean to say that.

rofl1.gif Yeah, I have that problem, also SE! roflmao.gif

The stuff has gotten so terrible that if it goes under the carpet unaddressed, the thousands of people who have been to save3abn.com will definitely notice. thumbdown.gif
Praying. Yes.

I just want to know one thing.......Is Danny leaving as the founder of 3ABN or an employee? Does he get paid out, or does he get severance. I ask because in order to justify the amount of money they have given Linda, they said that Danny and Linda were employees of 3ABN, and no one owns it. Would Danny take $250K as a (generous according to some)severence?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 19 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #21

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I would not expect any apology to be forthcoming. Nor an investigation. I see the church wanting this to be over. It has dragged on long enough. Just like you don't here from Linda on 3abn. Now I expect Danny to get the same treatment. It will be like he was never there.

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Apr 19 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]191983[/snapback]

Now is when the reality comes out: are the problems many have actually with the current leadership of 3abn, or with 3abn itself.

If the church at large (since it sounds like the GC Pres, NAD Pres, etc have given their approval) has decided to rescue 3abn, is the new management required to make apologies? Or can't they say: a new day has dawned, we're replacing so-and-so, and so-and-so, etc. (over time, of course. It is not usually wise to replace too many employees at once).

From my position, where I hold the current leadership responsible for their behavior (that being DS, certain management, and certain board members), the apologies need to come from those individuals whether or not they still are employed by 3abn.

While the new management can make a few statements of apology and moves of reconciliation where needed, if they get too involved in what the past management did, it could conceivably have bad repercussions for the new management.

From a Public Relations perspective (my background), any statements made by the new administration need to be very, very careful. They will want to start with a clean slate, not jump into a ugly mess.

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]191993[/snapback]

I would not expect any apology to be forthcoming. Nor an investigation. I see the church wanting this to be over.

I tend to agree with you.

My wishes are idealistic. My expectations.... more realistic!

(sometimes, pessimistic. I'm one of those people who, when someone is really sick, thinks they will probably die. Thankfully, I'm happily surprised 99% of the time!)

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Apr 19 2007, 12:29 PM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 19 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

I just received a phone call from an Elder in our church about this information and I was going to PM Calvin to see if this was truth, and here it is. doh.gif There is a three hour time difference for me, so I'm just slow in getting this news, but shocked. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Apr 19 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

A while back Amazing Facts was planning on building their own studio, with this merger does that mean that will not be happening? Also, if the merge takes place does that mean Batchelor will be moving to Ill?

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 19 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #25

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Apr 19 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]191995[/snapback]

I just received a phone call from an Elder in our church about this information and I was going to PM Calvin to see if this was truth, and here it is. doh.gif There is a three hour time difference for me, so I'm just slow in getting this news, but shocked. ohmy.gif

Hey, come on Jnana. This is BSDA. 3ABN news is hotter that a Sanjaya look a like here.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

hmmmmm That is a thought, because is I am not mistaken a new church, kind of a Wroship Center kind of thing was going along with that.

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Apr 19 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]191996[/snapback]

A while back Amazing Facts was planning on building their own studio, with this merger does that mean that will not be happening? Also, if the merge takes place does that mean Batchelor will be moving to Ill?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]191978[/snapback]

3ABN continues under new leadership.... is that a happy medium for all who had concerns?

Right now, there are many emotions for me... relief being the primary one. Relief that a situation has finally been dealt with. Not that I think simply appointing someone else as leader is going to instantly end the problems, BUT I am thankful that they have chosen someone like Doug.

3ABN and Doug are sure going to need our prayers more than ever, though. I can't say that I envy him, with all the situations to sort out. I am so glad that God is in control of this. It could be such a positive change if the will of God is what is seeked after. We ought to all spend lots of time on our knees about this.

Now the focus of 3ABN and 3ABN watchers will hopefully get back on track - to sharing the gospel message and looking forward to Jesus's return. Praise the Lord!!!

clap.gif

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 19 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]191992[/snapback]

I just want to know one thing.......Is Danny leaving as the founder of 3ABN or an employee? Does he get paid out, or does he get severance. Ia sk becuase in order to justify the amount of money they have given Linda, they said that Danny and Linda were employees of 3ABN, and no one owns it. Would Danny take $250K as a (generous according to some)severence?

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]191993[/snapback]

I would not expect any apology to be forthcoming. Nor an investigation. I see the church wanting this to be over. It has dragged on long enough. Just like you don't here from Linda on 3abn. Now I expect Danny to get the same treatment. It will be like he was never there.

Please note post #18 above... http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=191989
A few lines from that post.....

Another forum that receives posts from "both sides" said this:

QUOTE: Tomatoe said: P we are well aware of what Greg just said on bsda and are trying to straighten it out. DANNY SHELTON IS NOT RESIGNING AND WILL CONTINUE HIS ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AT 3ABN. DOUG WILL BE PRESIDENT/DIRECTOR OF THE MERGER BUT WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS!
This is not hard to understand.

QUOTE: Peacefully SDA asked: Who will be in charge of day-to-day operations?

QUOTE: Rosie55 replied: Peaceful, the same person who has always been running the day to day operations in the last 20 years!

Danny Shelton

This does not sound to me as though Danny is going anywhere except right where he normally does.... nor is he relinquishing any of his duties... or powers... since if you will recall this has what has always been said about the function of the chairman of the board and the board itself. He may not even change his title as president of 3abn, since Doug's title is President/Director of the merger.

Looks to me like another case of "The more things change the more they stay the same." scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]191999[/snapback]

Right now, there are many emotions for me... relief being the primary one. Relief that a situation has finally been dealt with. Not that I think simply appointing someone else as leader is going to instantly end the problems, BUT I am thankful that they have chosen someone like Doug.

3ABN and Doug are sure going to need our prayers more than ever, though. I can't say that I envy him, with all the situations to sort out. I am so glad that God is in control of this. It could be such a positive change if the will of God is what is seeked after. We ought to all spend lots of time on our knees about this.

Now the focus of 3ABN and 3ABN watchers will hopefully get back on track - to sharing the gospel message and looking forward to Jesus's return. Praise the Lord!!!

clap.gif

I hate to rain on your parade, holly... but I'd advise a little waiting and watching .... and some close scrutiny of the "find print"...... before you hire the praise band and set the date for the celebration...... blink.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Apr 19 2007, 12:45 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 19 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]191993[/snapback]

I'm afraid you're right--at least, that's what they hope.

A lot of our church leaders don't really understand the reach of new media like the Internet, though. If Danny simply disappears, all that is, is a face-lift. Many, many people will know if the situation hasn't been dealth with, and in the long run it will undermine Doug's credibility too.

We Adventists have never been good at owning up to our shortcomings. SINS I should say.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 19 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]192000[/snapback]

I hate to rain on your parade, holly... but I'd advise a little waiting and watching .... and some close scrutiny of the "find print"...... before you hire the praise band and set the date for the celebration...... blink.gif

I dont think there is anything wrong with being positive and hopeful.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church