Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:14 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
calvin
post Apr 19 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #31

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 19 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]192000[/snapback]

Please note post #18 above... http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=191989
A few lines from that post.....

Another forum that receives posts from "both sides" said this:

QUOTE: Tomatoe said: P we are well aware of what Greg just said on bsda and are trying to straighten it out. DANNY SHELTON IS NOT RESIGNING AND WILL CONTINUE HIS ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AT 3ABN. DOUG WILL BE PRESIDENT/DIRECTOR OF THE MERGER BUT WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS!
This is not hard to understand.

QUOTE: Peacefully SDA asked: Who will be in charge of day-to-day operations?

QUOTE: Rosie55 replied: Peaceful, the same person who has always been running the day to day operations in the last 20 years!

Danny Shelton

This does not sound to me as though Danny is going anywhere except right where he normally does.... nor is he relinquishing any of his duties... or powers... since if you will recall this has what has always been said about the function of the chairman of the board and the board itself. He may not even change his title as president of 3abn, since Doug's title is President/Director of the merger.
Looks to me like another case of "The more things change the more they stay the same." scratchchin.gif
I hate to rain on your parade, holly... but I'd advise a little waiting and watching .... and some close scrutiny of the "find print"...... before you hire the praise band and set the date for the celebration...... blink.gif

WB, they maybe saying all the right things and behaving like it is all one big love feast for awhile. I can tell you from experience, there are no equal mergers in business no matter what is said. One is always going to be on top and has more influences on the direction and management of the company.

I would think yall would be happy Danny is getting out of the way. There will be much more to come I am sure. And I was just thinking the 3abn saga was about ended.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]192004[/snapback]

And I was just thinking the 3abn saga was about ended.

rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Apr 19 2007, 12:57 PM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 3,145

[/quote]
I would think yall would be happy Danny is getting out of the way. There will be much more to come I am sure. And I was just thinking the 3abn saga was about ended.
[/quote]

Apparently I am having to defend my relief and hope that things will get better.
OH well. I was always one to iceskate to my own drummer. happydance.gif

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

then besides putting a bandaid of crediblity on the wond, there is no real reason for AF to get involved with 3ABN besides their monthy check for air time. DB independent ministry in not in trouble, underder scandal or anything like that, What does he get out uniting with one that is bogged down in troubles?

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 19 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]192000[/snapback]

Please note post #18 above... http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=191989
A few lines from that post.....

Another forum that receives posts from "both sides" said this:

QUOTE: Tomatoe said: P we are well aware of what Greg just said on bsda and are trying to straighten it out. DANNY SHELTON IS NOT RESIGNING AND WILL CONTINUE HIS ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AT 3ABN. DOUG WILL BE PRESIDENT/DIRECTOR OF THE MERGER BUT WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS!
This is not hard to understand.

QUOTE: Peacefully SDA asked: Who will be in charge of day-to-day operations?

QUOTE: Rosie55 replied: Peaceful, the same person who has always been running the day to day operations in the last 20 years!

Danny Shelton

This does not sound to me as though Danny is going anywhere except right where he normally does.... nor is he relinquishing any of his duties... or powers... since if you will recall this has what has always been said about the function of the chairman of the board and the board itself. He may not even change his title as president of 3abn, since Doug's title is President/Director of the merger.
Looks to me like another case of "The more things change the more they stay the same." scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]192007[/snapback]

then besides putting a bandaid of crediblity on the wond, there is no real reason for AF to get involved with 3ABN besides their monthy check for air time. DB independent ministry in not in trouble, underder scandal or anything like that, What does he get out uniting with one that is bogged down in troubles?

I heard that 3ABN has a pretty sweet jet... hmmm...
lol j/k

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]192007[/snapback]

exactly why I don't think Danny will stay.....

Don't forget what Observer added to his first post.... (has everyone gone back and read it since he edited it?)

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 19 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]191971[/snapback]

Addition to my post:

I just got off of the telephone from talking to Molly at 3-ABN.

She confirms the basic story that I have posted.

In regard to my question as to whether or not Danny Shelton will step down as President, she tells me that Danny has informed the Board that he wants to step down. As she understands it, a final decision has not been made as to whether or not Danny would step down.

Without revealing my source, I suspect that Danny Shelton and Dough Batchelor have reached an agreement on this, which Molly may not be aware of, and that my announcement that he was resigning as President is correct.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

rofl1.gif Yeah Holly, that too! LOL!!!
QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]192008[/snapback]

I heard that 3ABN has a pretty sweet jet... hmmm...
lol j/k

Right FTP. I dont' see two men who are head considering being "under" anyone. Especially Doug, his ministry definitely doesn't need to be under 3ABN with it's troubles, and Danny has little man's disease,... ain't nobody tellin' him what to do! LOL!! Ooops, Did I say that out loud! giggle.gif

Anyway as Calvin says in business they call them mergers, but it is agreed that sooner or later one will be take over completely.

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Apr 19 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]192009[/snapback]

exactly why I don't think Danny will stay.....
Don't forget what Observer added to his first post.... (has everyone gone back and read it since he edited it?)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Apr 19 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]192004[/snapback]

WB, they maybe saying all the right things and behaving like it is all one big love feast for awhile. I can tell you from experience, there are no equal mergers in business no matter what is said. One is always going to be on top and has more influences on the direction and management of the company.

Hopefully, this will resolve some issues and "right some wrongs".
However, I suspect this is nothing but a cleverly disguised cover-up.

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 02:10 PM) [snapback]192010[/snapback]

rofl1.gif Yeah Holly, that too! LOL!!!
Right FTP. I dont' see two men who are head considering being "under" anyone. Especially Doug, his ministry definitely doesn't need to be under 3ABN with it's troubles, and Danny has little man's disease,... ain't nobody tellin' him what to do! LOL!! Ooops, Did I say that out loud! giggle.gif

Anyway as Calvin says in business they call them mergers, but it is agreed that sooner or later one will be take over completely.

In a way, you have to feel a teensy bit sorry for Danny. He was one of the ones who started 3ABN, so to have to step down as the leader of it, its probably gotta hurt.
But maybe all of the things he has done wrong has built up to this. It just shows that God really is watching what you do with the things he bestows upon you. Makes me want to really watch my p's and q's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I feel even sorrier because God HAS used him in a mighty way to establish that ministry. How eften do we see one error in judgement destroy the work of a lifetime? But it is till his choice, and he can always choose to do the right thing.

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]192013[/snapback]

In a way, you have to feel a teensy bit sorry for Danny. He was one of the ones who started 3ABN, so to have to step down as the leader of it, its probably gotta hurt.
But maybe all of the things he has done wrong has built up to this. It just shows that God really is watching what you do with the things he bestows upon you. Makes me want to really watch my p's and q's.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #41

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]192014[/snapback]

I feel even sorrier because God HAS used him in a mighty way to establish that ministry. How eften do we see one error in judgement destroy the work of a lifetime? But it is till his choice, and he can always choose to do the right thing.

I think it was Prophets and Kings that I was reading that at the beginning of Solomon's life, he did everything that was right and walked witht the Lord, then slowly started becoming more worldly to make those around him happier. Then at the end of his life, he looked back and was so disappointed in himself about all the things he did wrong, and realized how many people he could have influenced for good, but didnt because of the choices he had made. Sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Exactly, Holly, as we studied in the SS lesson last quarter.

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]192015[/snapback]

I think it was Prophets and Kings that I was reading that at the beginning of Solomon's life, he did everything that was right and walked witht the Lord, then slowly started becoming more worldly to make those around him happier. Then at the end of his life, he looked back and was so disappointed in himself about all the things he did wrong, and realized how many people he could have influenced for good, but didnt because of the choices he had made. Sad.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 19 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]192010[/snapback]

I dont' see two men who are head considering being "under" anyone. Especially Doug, his ministry definitely doesn't need to be under 3ABN with it's troubles, and Danny has little man's disease,... ain't nobody tellin' him what to do! LOL!! Ooops, Did I say that out loud! giggle.gif
Anyway as Calvin says in business they call them mergers, but it is agreed that sooner or later one will be take over completely.[/color]

We Island Dwellers have a saying, "Two man crab can't live in the same hole." So something or someone will have to give...

It would be interesting to see how this all plays out. Doug Bachelor is really into evangelism and 3ABN is the perfect venue from which to conduct those satellite crusades that he loves to do.

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Apr 19 2007, 01:39 PM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]192016[/snapback]

Exactly, Holly, as we studied in the SS lesson last quarter.

I found that study a bit depressing. But, if we can learn from someone else's mistakes, we don't have to make them twice, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 19 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]192019[/snapback]

But, if we can learn from someone else's mistakes, we don't have to make them twice, right?

... dunno.gif doesn't that mean we'd have to be teachable in the first place?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church