Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 19 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]192020[/snapback]

... dunno.gif doesn't that mean we'd have to be teachable in the first place?

You betcha.

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Apr 19 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 19 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]191997[/snapback]

Hey, come on Jnana. This is BSDA. 3ABN news is hotter that a Sanjaya look a like here.

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 19 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]192003[/snapback]

I dont think there is anything wrong with being positive and hopeful.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

Amen! But the wise person will keep both hopeful eyes open to make certain lumps don't start appearing under the new 3abn/AF carpet.

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 19 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]191971[/snapback]

Yesterday, April 18, Elder Doug Batchelor, of Amazing Facts, addressed the Board of the Sacramento Central SDA Church in regard to some changes in his duties. As I write this, Elder Batchelor is in flight to the HQ of 3-ABN, where in a special TV program, these changes will be announced. Then tomorrow, Elder Batchelor will fly back to Sacramento to preach Sabbath.

These changes have been approved by the President of the General Conference, the President of the NAD, ASI, and the Executive Board of 3-ABN.

Danny Shelton is resigning from his position as President of 3-ABN. I do not know, at this point what continued role Danny Shelton will have in the administration of 3-ABN. He is expected to announce today, that he wants to have more free time to devote to however he wants to spend his time.

Elder Doug Batchelor will become President of 3-ABN.

The two ministries are expected to continue but under the united leadership of Elder Batchelor.

Addition to my post:

I just got off of the telephone from talking to Molly at 3-ABN.

She confirms the basic story that I have posted.

In regard to my question as to whether or not Danny Shelton will step down as President, she tells me that Danny has informed the Board that he wants to step down. As she understands it, a final decision has not been made as to whether or not Danny would step down.

Without revealing my source, I suspect that Danny Shelton and Dough Batchelor have reached an agreement on this, which Molly may not be aware of, and that my announcement that he was resigning as President is correct.

Someone needs to inform the 3abn apologists over on Christian Forums that they are getting somewhat faulty intel... Perhaps they will have some surprises waiting for them during the Live broadcast this evening.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 19 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]192026[/snapback]

Amen! But the wise person will keep both hopeful eyes open to make certain lumps don't start appearing under the new 3abn/AF carpet.

Who says my eyes arent open??? blink.gif

As I said before, I dont beleive the problems will miraculously disappear just by a change in management. But I beleive in looking at it in a positive light. It will take time to fully trust again, but I am hopeful that things will work out. We need to have a balanced attitude about this - some hopefulness and some guardedness.

Lots of praying for all those involved is what we need to be doing.

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Apr 19 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

If this is true about Danny Shelton resigning as President of 3ABN and Pastor Doug Batchelor taking over as President of 3ABN, and I hope it is, which I think it is, then it will definitely be a good step in the right direction.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 19 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Hey! Maybe Doug Batchelor will release Barbara Kerr's cooking school tapes from prison...

happydance.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 19 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Apr 19 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]192028[/snapback]

If this is true about Danny Shelton resigning as President of 3ABN and Pastor Doug Batchelor taking over as President of 3ABN, and I hope it is, which I think it is, then it will definitely be a good step in the right direction.

So I am not crazy to think that? Hooooorayy! I was really wondering....
clapping.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]192030[/snapback]

So I am not crazy to think that? Hooooorayy! I was really wondering....
clapping.gif

No, you're not crazy to think that. There are other steps that would be very very good, but I'm cautiously cheering this one on! clapping.gif

As for those other steps, I'm not holding my breath! Course, I wasn't holding my breath for this to happen either! giggle.gif

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 19 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

The best that can happen is they will clean that house. Get rid of all those who have been a part in any wrongdoing that has damaged 3ABN. Amazing Facts is a lot more than Doug Batchelor. If they are smarter than us; which i hope so, they will send a lot of folks packing. we can only pray that will happen quickly and we also should pray for a tremendous outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all of us and especially upon those moving into the 3ABN Ministry. I pray the Holy Spirit will bless them with discernment and uprightness so that they will not be misguided or persuaded against conscience.
I ask that THIS day be the beginning of a Season of Prayer for God's will, not our will, to be done. Please Join Me.

"Our Father which art in Heaven, We pray this is the beginning of the pouring out of your wrath upon all those who have soiled and misused Your 3ABN ministry. I pray not our will, Lord, but Your Will Be Done. I pray our prayers will be Your Prayers, Father. Be merciful O' Lord upon all of us as we are all sinners. Help us to remember that, to forgive, to help and to heal. Be with us all Lord as we all go through this difficult time together and come out - together, putting aside all past anger and bitterness. We pray we are pleasing in YOUR sight, O' Lord, help us!"

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 19 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

The following was posted by Rosie55 on Christian Forums:

Rosie55 said: This endeavor will not be a "unified but separate" situation. The two ministries will join together as one being jointly identified by both names as long as necessary, but eventually will likely be known as 3ABN. 3ABN has much greater world wide recognition and this makes the most sense.

Organizational structure will undergo some tweaking with both Doug and Danny being intricately involved in the new ministry. The only other area of organizational change will be a melding of the two boards, the particulars to be decided in the future. There is no upheaval, but rather the formation of a stronger organization to deliver God's last day message to a wanting world - and even the devil himself will not succeed in stopping the spread of the message of salvation.

The new entity is expected to gain the full support of the organized church and associations such as ASI indicating that there is widespread support of Doug, Danny, and both ministries.

Gailon's speculation is merely that, or possibly wishful thinking. There is no connection between Linda changing legal representation as this has been on the table for some time and took on serious tones well before any change on Linda's part - no one is running scared contrary to what Gailon would have you believe.
(All bolding and color added by me)

This informative post by CF's Rosie55 is noteworthy.

What is of particular concern, in my opinion, is the statement that I have highlighted in red. If this is truly the message, that Danny has the widespread support by the organized church and ASI, I have to wonder if this is a positive step for Amazing Facts and the church. What will happen to the reputation of the SDA denomination if it is proven that Danny, some of his family members and possibly some on his board of directors knew that TS had abused his pastoral power and, instead of reaching out to help the victims heal he/they instead attempted to intimidate victims and cover up the abuse?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 19 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Amen Calvin, would it be bad of us to give them an encouraging little boot shove? tongue.gif
QUOTE(shinejoy @ Apr 19 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]191987[/snapback]

this does make sense thanks calvin

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 19 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 19 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]192027[/snapback]

Who says my eyes arent open??? blink.gif

As I said before, I dont beleive the problems will miraculously disappear just by a change in management. But I beleive in looking at it in a positive light. It will take time to fully trust again, but I am hopeful that things will work out. We need to have a balanced attitude about this - some hopefulness and some guardedness.

Lots of praying for all those involved is what we need to be doing.

HBG,
I was speaking rhetorically. I am also hopeful that this move will save 3abn, God's ministry. I certainly wasn't speaking of you for as anyone can clearly see by your avatar, your eyes are both wide open. giggle.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 19 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]191992[/snapback]

100% agreed. Batchelor is probably in a role to provide pastoral care to those who must go, but he doesn't have the credentials to investigate such things any more than Lomacang has the credentials for counseling. Oops doh.gif ... didn't mean to say that.

rofl1.gif Yeah, I have that problem, also SE! roflmao.gif

The stuff has gotten so terrible that if it goes under the carpet unaddressed, the thousands of people who have been to save3abn.com will definitely notice. thumbdown.gif
Praying. Yes.

I just want to know one thing.......Is Danny leaving as the founder of 3ABN or an employee? Does he get paid out, or does he get severance. I ask because in order to justify the amount of money they have given Linda, they said that Danny and Linda were employees of 3ABN, and no one owns it. Would Danny take $250K as a (generous according to some)severence?

Think he'd take a check. oops sorry that wasn't very nice. trying for humor as the adrenaline flows. blink.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 19 2007, 03:08 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 19 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 19 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]192029[/snapback]

Hey! Maybe Doug Batchelor will release Barbara Kerr's cooking school tapes from prison...

happydance.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif

Snoopy
You took the words right out of my mouth happydance.gif
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 19 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 19 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]192033[/snapback]

The following was posted by Rosie55 on Christian Forums:

(All bolding and color added by me)

This informative post by CF's Rosie55 is noteworthy.

What is of particular concern, in my opinion, is the statement that I have highlighted in red. If this is truly the message, that Danny has the widespread support by the organized church and ASI, I have to wonder if this is a positive step for Amazing Facts and the church. What will happen to the reputation of the SDA denomination if it is proven that Danny, some of his family members and possibly some on his board of directors knew that TS had abused his pastoral power and, instead of reaching out to help the victims heal he/they instead attempted to intimidate victims and cover up the abuse?

PB, I share your concern, and I plead that all make this a matter of prayer.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church