Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:01 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
princessdi
post Apr 26 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #256

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Since you "edited" you post since yesterday, I will answer the additional comments. Anyone who sent abuse reports this week has not been answered. PM is down, even for Admins. I am not sure to which indicident you are referring with the stalking thing. Howver, there has been absolutely NO stalking incidents here at BSDA. Now I see that SE is giving us all a good lesson on stalking. Know that someone posting in opossition even to ALL you rposts is not stalking. If they disagree with ALL you posts, they can post as many times as you do.

Oh yeah, just woman to woman, all that " I heard" and "somebody told me" stuff is messy. If you have an opinion state it and stand on with your on two feet. Since it seems you were not here for that exchange, it should be of no conern to you, and you should be highly suspect of those rushing to "provide" you an opinion of people you don't know.

Now, I really want this to be the end of this as Kevin has apologized and the offending statememens have been removed.

Back on Topic, please Everyone!

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]193026[/snapback]

I understand you are not defending her, but this is not Christian behavior, nor is the way it is being handled acceptable to Christians such yourself, obviously. I was going to make a complaint and then read the chatbox. Nothing has been done about any of his posts to her. At least 3 ppl have told me they made complaints, one woman did so repeatedly and finally posted she believed Mr J was a internet stalker, she was mocked and still nothing was done. Perhaps PrincessDi can answer your question?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 26 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #257

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 25 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]193017[/snapback]

Oh by gimmine... anyone with as much anger as you have and then you say you don't show it...
that tells me you definitely need to find someone to help you figure yourself out and learn how to manage your life. you need to step back and take care of yourself AL. this isn't good. danny can take care of himself and that's what you need to do too. i'm sorry to have to say this openly, but PM isn't working. May God bless you.
I'm asking all the rest of you to not chime in with snide remarks on this because i am being completely serious.

I am sure most of us understand the point you are trying to make but, bear this in mind mozart. By saying that you are completely serious and are showing concern for this sisters obvious anger issues, you are suggesting that others of us are not serious or concerned. That is not the case.

The fact that BlackSDA has been here, as a ministry for many years, and those of us with a history here have been ministering to people for all those years is an indication that many of us are serious and concerned for the souls of others. People have been ministered to since the beginning and will continue to be ministered to, from various placed on BSDA, not just in the 3abn threads. yes.gif

Some of the observations and suggestions, by those of us who have expressed them. are not expressed lightly and hold no less weight than those of any other member. Those observations may not be "wanted" but that does not invalidate said observations.

Just thought y'all should be aware of this. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Apr 26 2007, 05:04 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 26 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #258

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 26 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]193136[/snapback]

Awesumt aka MrJ is also married to someone who has been stalked. Thus, he does not take said accusations lightly.

Peace

I apologize if you thought I meant it that way.

As I'm still getting to know everyone here, I can understand his reaction to it a little better. Still glad he apologized--I value his perspective a lot and I think it highlights his credibility.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Apr 26 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

I'm not sure if I should be on this thread or the AF news release thread. I came across something that I find interesting. I was over on the 3abn site to see what was happening on 3abn live. Danny was not there it was CA and Pastor Gonzales. I started looking at the topics on the page and there were two about the merger. I clicked on one and then the other and both of them had only the info that Doug gave from Sacramento. It also had yesterday's update with the questions that were asked and answered. It starts with the original announcement out of Sacramento and then the announcement about all the e-mails they have gotten for support and then the questions. There was absolutley nothing by Danny. Doug's release after the announcement of the merger was posted twice. Doesn't that seem strange since it is on 3abn? I could understand if I was reading at Af's website to see only Doug. Yesterday I think it was, I went to 3abn and it had Danny's and Doug's annoucement about the merger. NOT TODAY!!! Could this mean something that is not being said?

I would post it here but I don't know how to do that. You can check out 3abn yourself. Tell me what you all think this means, if anything scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 26 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #260

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 26 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]193149[/snapback]

I apologize if you thought I meant it that way.

As I'm still getting to know everyone here, I can understand his reaction to it a little better. Still glad he apologized--I value his perspective a lot and I think it highlights his credibility.

As one who has experienced being stalked, first hand, I find it appalling that any woman would be so desperate as to lie, accusing anyone of that behavior, simply for attention and to distract from the op.

No need to apologize bro., my point was simply to note the facts.

Be Blessed

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Apr 28 2007, 11:50 AM

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 26 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #261

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Apr 26 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]193163[/snapback]

I'm not sure if I should be on this thread or the AF news release thread. I came across something that I find interesting. I was over on the 3abn site to see what was happening on 3abn live. Danny was not there it was CA and Pastor Gonzales. I started looking at the topics on the page and there were two about the merger. I clicked on one and then the other and both of them had only the info that Doug gave from Sacramento. It also had yesterday's update with the questions that were asked and answered. It starts with the original announcement out of Sacramento and then the announcement about all the e-mails they have gotten for support and then the questions. There was absolutley nothing by Danny. Doug's release after the announcement of the merger was posted twice. Doesn't that seem strange since it is on 3abn? I could understand if I was reading at Af's website to see only Doug. Yesterday I think it was, I went to 3abn and it had Danny's and Doug's annoucement about the merger. NOT TODAY!!! Could this mean something that is not being said?

I would post it here but I don't know how to do that. You can check out 3abn yourself. Tell me what you all think this means, if anything scratchchin.gif

Hi TB!!!
You are correct. I went and looked at the 3abn merger announcement and it is all from Amazing Facts. Don't know why there isn't a 3abn announcement. I wonder if yesterday's archives are available yet? Perhaps Cindy still has that archive web site address and could re-post it so we could check. If not, perhaps Search is working now.

Web archives for 3abn.org are not updated yet for any of 2007. Oh well.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://3abn.org

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
inga
post Apr 27 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #262

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 26 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]193175[/snapback]

Hi TB!!!
You are correct. I went and looked at the 3abn merger announcement and it is all from Amazing Facts. Don't know why there isn't a 3abn announcement. I wonder if yesterday's archives are available yet? Perhaps Cindy still has that archive web site address and could re-post it so we could check. If not, perhaps Search is working now.

Web archives for 3abn.org are not updated yet for any of 2007. Oh well.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://3abn.org
The AF press release quotes Danny Shelton & gives him plenty of credit. The site still features Danny Shelton pominently and inescapably.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 27 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #263

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]192896[/snapback]

So because he was a pastor, he is above all this? C'mon....I have known many pastors that held grudges, were guilty of gossip and making false allegations and made it their job to tear down people or ministries that they didn't approve of.
Johann has condemned himself with his posts over the past how many months. Of course he has maligned, accused and labeled people as what he wants them to be.
So, no, I see no reason for Aletheia to "refrain" from telling the truth.

Eirene,

I challenge you, that if you are an honest person, then you will let me know where I have made false allegations. If I have, I must make it right, both to those I have wronged, and I must make it right with the Lord.

Since you have made this statement here on the net, I expect you to let me know right here, unless there is something you prefer to tell me more privately. Then you can write me at

johann.a.rein@gmail.com.

Thank you!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 27 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #264

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 26 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]193144[/snapback]

I am sure most of us understand the point you are trying to make but, bear this in mind mozart. By saying that you are completely serious and are showing concern for this sisters obvious anger issues, you are suggesting that others of us are not serious or concerned. That is not the case.

The fact that BlackSDA has been here, as a ministry for many years, and those of us with a history here have been ministering to people for all those years is an indication that many of us are serious and concerned for the souls of others. People have been ministered to since the beginning and will continue to be ministered to, from various placed on BSDA, not just in the 3abn threads. yes.gif

Some of the observations and suggestions, by those of us who have expressed them. are not expressed lightly and hold no less weight than those of any other member. Those observations may not be "wanted" but that does not invalidate said observations.

Just thought y'all should be aware of this. biggrin.gif

i am sorry you were offended.

not the minutest suggestion that you stated ever crossed my mind or was intended, however, i have edited my post as follows:

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 27 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]193276[/snapback]

I'm asking that no one chime in with snide remarks on this because i am being completely serious and do not mean this to sound condesending in any way.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 27 2007, 06:14 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 27 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #265

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Getting back to the original op. Do we really expect that this change will really "change" anything? scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 19 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]191971[/snapback]

Yesterday, April 18, Elder Doug Batchelor, of Amazing Facts, addressed the Board of the Sacramento Central SDA Church in regard to some changes in his duties. As I write this, Elder Batchelor is in flight to the HQ of 3-ABN, where in a special TV program, these changes will be announced. Then tomorrow, Elder Batchelor will fly back to Sacramento to preach Sabbath.

These changes have been approved by the President of the General Conference, the President of the NAD, ASI, and the Executive Board of 3-ABN.

Danny Shelton is resigning from his position as President of 3-ABN. I do not know, at this point what continued role Danny Shelton will have in the administration of 3-ABN. He is expected to announce today, that he wants to have more free time to devote to however he wants to spend his time.

Elder Doug Batchelor will become President of 3-ABN.

The two ministries are expected to continue but under the united leadership of Elder Batchelor.

Addition to my post:

I just got off of the telephone from talking to Molly at 3-ABN.

She confirms the basic story that I have posted.

In regard to my question as to whether or not Danny Shelton will step down as President, she tells me that Danny has informed the Board that he wants to step down. As she understands it, a final decision has not been made as to whether or not Danny would step down.

Without revealing my source, I suspect that Danny Shelton and Dough Batchelor have reached an agreement on this, which Molly may not be aware of, and that my announcement that he was resigning as President is correct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 1 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #266

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 1 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]193781[/snapback]

I do appreciate the apology Mr J, but ironically the part I found most offensive is still there.
I do not wish a brotha was obsessed with me, nor do I care whether you are into jungle fever or not. My complaint was not about anything sexual at all. I apologise for asking why you had married yourself to me and my every posts" as in retrospect it appears to have given the wrong impression.

As your wife was obviously upset by this, I apologise to her as well for not making myself clearer.
Mostly I ignore you, as I am sure you have noticed, but I answered you that day hoping to appeal to your conscience.

blink.gif Once again your imagination has gotten the better of you. It is not within your graps to upset either of us. Had I been upset, as an example, the smilies I used would have been more along the lines of blowup.gif or wallbash.gif instead of the ones I actually used. Please do not project in our direction because it is useless.

Frainkly, in as simple terms as I can put them, I found the comment laughable, that is about it. wave.gif

And again you have gone back to focusing on yourself and not the topic at hand. Please leave your weapons of mass distraction at the door.

This post has been edited by seraph|m: May 1 2007, 03:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 1 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #267

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 1 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]193781[/snapback]

I do appreciate the apology Mr J, but ironically the part I found most offensive is still there.
I do not wish a brotha was obsessed with me, nor do I care whether you are into jungle fever or not. My complaint was not about anything sexual at all. I apologise for asking why you had married yourself to me and my every posts" as in retrospect it appears to have given the wrong impression.

No... that is not what you said... you and Eirene said I was *stalking* you... which implies a threat of assault.. sexual or otherwise... as for my responding to your posts... I do so... because I can... and because it's my prerogative. If you wish me to not respond to your posts, you would be better served to talk to people in PM or via email where you know only those who are in agreement with you will both read and respond.

As your wife was obviously upset by this, I apologise to her as well for not making myself clearer.
Mostly I ignore you, as I am sure you have noticed, but I answered you that day hoping to appeal to your conscience.

You really should leave off lying; it doesn't become you and you don't do it well... never have... at least in this forum.

I simply wish you would reply to the topic, and "what" I write, instead of replying to or about me personally with insults, accusations and ridicule.

I would welcome you posting on topic, even if you did it everytime I posted, but you do not.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... you want people when they reply to you to post "on topic"... yet you never do. All of your posts are about posters and not the content of posts.... because you can only attack posters' persons... because you are not a witness... to anything. You cannot speak to what happened on a certain day at a certain time because you werent there and you werent involved... but rather than acknowledge that you truly don't know you try to dredge up every and anything you can and if you have no facts, you will use rumor and innuendo and anything else to attack people... because you are ill equipped to deal with ideas.

Like I said before... if hypocrisy were the Kentucky Derby, you'd be Secretariat.

To me the harassment which I see and referred to, is caused by you disagreeing with me, but being unable to prove why you are correct and I am wrong, so you attack me instead. I believe you post right behind me, even as you did today immediatly after I posted for the first time in 5 orr 6 days with an insult and namecalling, because of your hatred of me, NOT lust.
In addition
to me. The term "jungle fever" is bigotry based on ignorance

I was in what is termed by the bigotted world and even so called Christians still making and emphasizing color lines, as a biracial marriage and relationship, for 20 years. But the truth is I did not fall in love with a color, I fell in love with a man, his race was the same as mine. Human. Our Son's are also human, and they are beautiful.

I do not believe there is any signifigance in God's eyes whatsoever concerning the color of his children, other then a love of beauty, for everything he created has a variety of colors and is beatiful and good.

If only his children could all see it that way.

nopity.gif

I suppose the crocodile tears are next...

The crux of the matter is in Matthew chapter 7... for by the measure you mete it shall be measured to you again. Treat people the way you want to be treated... you have not even been given a tenth of what you have have done to people since you came here and you are crying and complaining about how much you dont like it... if you dislike it so much, why is it your tactic of choice and why do you not have a problem when it is you on the giving end and di or Linda or Pickle or Gailon or Duane or anyone else who does not accept your version as either factual or valid.

As I said before... dont start none, wont be none

Period.

But the mods here are not going to let you throw stones at people while they prevent those people from throwing them back at you. Here they will come back at you... and as this post of yours makes it plain...you've discovered the ones throwing them back at you have better aim than you do... and when they hit you, they hurt more.

Most people realizing that would choose a different game... but it's on you one way or the other.

Your move.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: May 1 2007, 03:30 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 1 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #268

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 27 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]193261[/snapback]

Eirene,

I challenge you, that if you are an honest person, then you will let me know where I have made false allegations. If I have, I must make it right, both to those I have wronged, and I must make it right with the Lord.

Since you have made this statement here on the net, I expect you to let me know right here, unless there is something you prefer to tell me more privately. Then you can write me at

johann.a.rein@gmail.com.

Thank you!

I am bouncing this back for Eirene to see it and respond. I know she is not forced to, but I am pleading with her that she will react.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 2 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #269

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

An odd thing ... I heard today through a fairly reliable chain of connections that Mollie herself did not know about the merger (for lack of a better term) before the day it happened ... in other words, it was a big surprise to everybody at 3ABN. Anybody else hear it this way? Did I miss something?

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 2 2007, 10:37 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #270

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Oh come one, SE!!! you know Mollie said she ahd a vision, and AC had a dream............

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 2 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]193974[/snapback]

An odd thing ... I heard today through a fairly reliable chain of connections that Mollie herself did not know about the merger (for lack of a better term) before the day it happened ... in other words, it was a big surprise to everybody at 3ABN. Anybody else hear it this way? Did I miss something?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church