Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:59 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
mozart
post Apr 25 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #241

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 25 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]193025[/snapback]

To the moderators and those who do not wish to be called "dear" and "sweetie", I believe this man is not being condescending to Cindy in any manner. I believe he is truthfully, sincerely concerned for her welfare and I join him in that concern.

I'd sure miss her if she was go leave, though. As much as I don't agree with lots of her opinions, I enjoy reading them. Of course, I miss Bystander too.

i'm too old and too married to mean that any other way. anyone can tell you, that's just how i talk. i am very concerned.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 25 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #242

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Number one, Please do not ever try to put me on the spot, again.

Ok, now the first thing is anyone can answer anything that is posted. Aletheia can put Awesumtenor on ignore and she wont' have to see anything he posts ever again, unless it is quoted. However, the comment will be removed, as it ws over the top.

Since the PM is not working until sometime this weekend, please if you can come into LC and use the PM feature there. I general have a sindow open to both the site an LC all day.

Also, can I ask, that, starting with myself, we all start minding our words. We all afterall, supposed to be grown, and christians at that. I am starting with myself, but I know this is a very heated topic some if not all tend to get a bit out of hand with our comments.

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]193026[/snapback]

Nothing has been done about any of his posts to her. Perhaps PrincessDi can answer?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 25 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #243

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Apr 25 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]193016[/snapback]

Mr. J, I am not defending Aletheia by any means, but I understand your quote above as being a very low blow and unacceptable. Am I reading it in the wrong way?

Yes, you are reading it the wrong way.

Here is another observation since you have obviously missed where her foolishness began. Aletheias clearly suggesting that the brother is stalking her online is the low brow, yet we do not see you crying foul. His pointing out very clearly that her accusation is waaaay off base should be seen for what it is, his observations, of her foolish behavior.

If you folks would stay on topic and avoid the attempts to make low brow accusations to distract from the subject... making comments to simply draw attention to oneself simply to sidetrack the discussion then much of such comments could and would be avoided.

That's my suggestion to those of you who are good at using weapons of mass distraction. blink.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 25 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #244

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

Cindy,

I've asked Di to delete the comment vis a vis your husband and I apologize for making it. While it was made tongue in cheek, it was, in retrospect, out of bounds and I should not have followed when you and eirene decided to go into the mire.

I will be more mindful of my footing on this particular slippery slope in the future.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 25 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 25 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]193030[/snapback]

Yes, you are reading it the wrong way.

Here is another observation since you have obviously missed where her foolishness began. Aletheias clearly suggesting that the brother is stalking her online is the low brow, yet we do not see you crying foul. His pointing out very clearly that her accusation is waaaay off base should be seen for what it is, his observations, of her foolish behavior.

If you folks would stay on topic and avoid the attempts to make low brow accusations to distract from the subject... making comments to simply draw attention to oneself simply to sidetrack the discussion then much of such comments could and would be avoided.

That's my suggestion to those of you who are good at using weapons of mass distraction. blink.gif

seraph|m,
My question to Mr. J only had to do with his statement, which he apologized for and I respect him for doing that. Thank you Mr. J.
I know that I have said things without thinking it completely through in the past and try to be quick to apologize when I realize it.

I am not sure who you are trying to include me with in your "If you folks," "draw attention to oneself" and "to those of you" comments.

Again, my intent was not to attack Mr. J or anyone else, but to only point out to a brother that he may have stepped over the line. In retrospect, maybe I should have sent him a PM.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 25 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #246

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

calvin you know in the bible there were special sabbath days that fell during the week...please exercise your authority and have a floating sabbath so you can shut this mess down for a day or so...LOL roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 25 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #247

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Apr 25 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]193034[/snapback]

seraph|m,
My question to Mr. J only had to do with his statement, which he apologized for and I respect him for doing that. Thank you Mr. J.
I know that I have said things without thinking it completely through in the past and try to be quick to apologize when I realize it.

I am not sure who you are trying to include me with in your "If you folks," "draw attention to oneself" and "to those of you" comments.

Again, my intent was not to attack Mr. J or anyone else, but to only point out to a brother that he may have stepped over the line. In retrospect, maybe I should have sent him a PM.

rofl1.gif It might have been wiser to PM, if you did not want anyone else to comment. But then, this is an OPEN forum for discussion. If you are not one to use said tactics then you are welcome to ignore said comments. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #248

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 25 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]193037[/snapback]

rofl1.gif It might have been wiser to PM, if you did not want anyone else to comment. But then, this is an OPEN forum for discussion. If you are not one to use said tactics then you are welcome to ignore said comments. biggrin.gif

Plus, PM is down until this weekend so very hard to use right now. giggle.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 25 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #249

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 25 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]193039[/snapback]

Plus, PM is down until this weekend so very hard to use right now. giggle.gif

Thanks for stating the obvious doh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 25 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #250

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]192896[/snapback]

C'mon....I have known many pastors that held grudges, were guilty of gossip and making false allegations and made it their job to tear down people or ministries that they didn't approve of.

I know a televangelist that's done that too.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Apr 26 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 25 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]192961[/snapback]

PB, I said nothing about my search for truth being done. I said:
I have already done my diligent search for truth regarding what I am posting about.,
There is much I do not post about, for I haven't found or recieved the answers I am looking for yet...

As far as anger goes. Here's the deal. I shut off my computer when I am angry and walk away, and don't post.
So I know, and God knows that there is no anger in my posts. (altho they are always full of typos and misspellings)

If you all then, keep claiming to see what I know is not there, even after I have explained this before, I also know something else....

Not to trust your judgments.

I'm sure that is not going to sit well with you, but that's just the way it is.

I find the statement regarding becoming angry and then shutting off the computer and walking away somewhat revealing. Although I know nothing about you I can detect anger issues in your postings..just the way you seem to feel the need to respond to others and what they are posting. Maybe it is at the urging of those who are standing behind you that you feel the need to be stirred up so. I have to believe that the real reason we are all here is to become more informed and to share vital information to reach the truth about the mess that is and has been going on. I was in the dark for too long and I am a person who likes to look at the facts. It was not that long ago that I was a faithful watcher and promoter of 3ABN..you could find me in the cheering section of 3ABN. watching it, promoting it..sending the checks. Then...a certain letter came to my home about Linda and the rumors began to fly! I was, even then, blindly thinking..well, the rumors must be right..she must be guilty..and then..doubt about it all crept in. Even with the doubt I am sad to say that although I was no longer in the cheering section neither was I found on the questioning side..I was in the middle which is popular but not where God wants me to be. I even cautioned someone who I saw climbing onto the limb..don't go there..not popular..not comfortable. Now I say we must seek the truth..without anger or hostility that we might not be found wanting. For me it is imperative!

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 26 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #252

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]193026[/snapback]

... one woman did so repeatedly and finally posted she believed Mr J was a internet stalker, she was mocked and still nothing was done.

Greetings Eirene and welcome to BlackSDA. Obviously you have your facts wrong so, I will attempt to help you as best I can. smile.gif

Many of us, Awesumt included, have been members of one internet ministry or another for well over 10 years. And he, along with another 99 other charter members of BlackSDA, myself included, have been members here for over 5 years. So, it would stand to reason, if anyone is being followed around, it is Aletheia stalking him, not the other way around.

With that said, the lie (and it is a lie when it is NOT the truth) that Aletheia has stated and the lie you continue to perpetuate clearly suggests that your intent is malicious and simply designed to distract from the real issues discussed in each thread where said lie is introduced.

Finally, whether we should chalk this lie up to an over active imagination on Aletheias part or simple e wishful thinking is anyones guess but, rest assured, to continue to perpetuate this lie one must admit that ones intent is not at all to draw anyone to truth, which is found only in Christ Jesus.

Be Blessed smile.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Apr 26 2007, 01:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 26 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #253

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(runner4him @ Apr 26 2007, 04:28 AM) [snapback]193067[/snapback]

I find the statement regarding becoming angry and then shutting off the computer and walking away somewhat revealing. Although I know nothing about you I can detect anger issues in your postings..just the way you seem to feel the need to respond to others and what they are posting. Maybe it is at the urging of those who are standing behind you that you feel the need to be stirred up so. I have to believe that the real reason we are all here is to become more informed and to share vital information to reach the truth about the mess that is and has been going on. I was in the dark for too long and I am a person who likes to look at the facts. It was not that long ago that I was a faithful watcher and promoter of 3ABN..you could find me in the cheering section of 3ABN. watching it, promoting it..sending the checks. Then...a certain letter came to my home about Linda and the rumors began to fly! I was, even then, blindly thinking..well, the rumors must be right..she must be guilty..and then..doubt about it all crept in. Even with the doubt I am sad to say that although I was no longer in the cheering section neither was I found on the questioning side..I was in the middle which is popular but not where God wants me to be. I even cautioned someone who I saw climbing onto the limb..don't go there..not popular..not comfortable. Now I say we must seek the truth..without anger or hostility that we might not be found wanting. For me it is imperative!

runner4him,

What a testimony! It is similar to what many others have experienced. We are glad that you are joining with those of us who are seeking truth!

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Apr 26 2007, 01:00 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 26 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #254

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I've been away from the computer for a few days, so it was ... er ... nice ... to come back.

I note with interest who was willing to apologize for inflammatory statements, and who was not.

Anyone who has been stalked would never make that kind of accusation lightly. I haven't, but I'm married to someone who has.

I also believe that certain individuals posting here are not, and were never, after the truth. They came to post as a favor to 3ABN or they were hired to do so with money or something else (no idea what, but oh well).

If you find a particular item a person says which is blatantly false, or if you find them consistently trying to divert discussions from the real issues, or generally obfuscating, denigrating, and playa hating (thanks Mr. J), why should you believe anything they say at all--for example, that they're not in regular contact with the powers at the channel?

Aspects of these discussions do generate light, but from some quarters all we get is hot air.

Makes for fun reading! snack.gif

... as far as anger goes ... that was about the first thing Christ preached against in Matthew. There's a place for righteous anger--but anger is like nitroglycerin, it has to be handled with extreme care. And when it comes to sinful anger, like any other kind of sin, trying to see it in ourselves is like trying to look at our own eyeballs without a mirror.

I say that as someone who assumes himself to be fairly angry much of the time.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 26 2007, 01:47 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 26 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #255

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 26 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]193133[/snapback]

I've been away from the computer for a few days, so it was ... er ... nice ... to come back.

I note with interest who was willing to apologize for inflammatory statements, and who was not.

Anyone who has been stalked would never make that kind of accusation lightly. I haven't, but I'm married to someone who has.

Awesumt aka MrJ is also married to someone who has been stalked. Thus, he does not take said accusations lightly.

Peace

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church