Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:27 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
awesumtenor
post Apr 29 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]193438[/snapback]

Fran, I would like to personally thank you for the allegations you stated as fact over on CF. Very helpful....

How did they differ from the allegations you state here as fact?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 29 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]193438[/snapback]

Fran, I would like to personally thank you for the allegations you stated as fact over on CF. Very helpful....

Everything that I say in this post is speculation. It may not be factual. I do not know.

Eirene is threatening Fran. At least that is what I think.

I suspect, and I may be wrong, that Eirene has been quite unhappey with some of what Fran has posted.

I do not read in CF, whatever it is. I may have been there once or twice. But, I do not generally go there. So, I do not know what Fran is alleged to have posted there. But, I supect that Eirene is saying that Fran has now crossed over the line and Fran can be added to any lists of people who have lawsuits filed against them for libel, defamation of character, or whatever it may be.

Eirene, feel free to come on and correct my speculation. You probably are better informed on this, and I will accept your response to what I have suggested as accurect. So, please correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 29 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 29 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]193416[/snapback]

Let's not get so absorbed in looking for what is wrong with various parts of our church that we lose sight of the fact that clocks don't run backward... neither do they stay stopped from one generation to the next.

Context, context, context.

Agreed, but then we also have to look for what we ourselves may have done wrong, and where our work and efforts have not given any fruit.

I know from own experience that our soul winning stagnated in Europe about the time we appointed pastors to all churches and we started becoming too occupied with the problems of our members that we had so little time left for soul winning. Then our members lost interest in winning souls too.

At that time, and often since, we blamed it all in the invasion of TV. We measured that by observing that we no longer could place a notice in the local paper and hand out some handbills and by that we able to fill a public hall with people eager to listen to our preaching. The Conference official at that time pressured us to continue having public efforts, as they were called. I soon discovered that I had more baptisms when I was not occupied with public meetings, but merely engaged the members in soul winning and when I visited the interests we had in our files. Many of our baptisms then were relatives and friends of church members who through the personal acquaintance had knowledge of Adventism.

There are places in the world today where the only access to people is through Television, radio, I-Pod or Computer. From hi-rise apartments to slums... there are those who have access to these but where no evangelist can penetrate.

To what degree is TV penetrating these areas? Have we made a real study? There are some indications the TV presence encourages SDA people to go there and start evangelizing. Is it then TV or the evangelism that brings the message?

There are also places where there is no access to any of the media ... and ONLY a dedicated individual can contact other individuals.

There are churches where there are laypersons who are fully capable of leading churches.... there are others who could not survive without the full time attention of one or more pastors.

Surviving in what sense of that word?

And when applying something Ellen White wrote in her day to today... what did the words mean then? Was an "evangelist" someone who spent one week in an area and then moved on leaving a "new infant church" on its own? Or was it one who was more like what we would today call a "church planter"... one who spends months or even years in one place until a congregation was fully established moving on?

And what was evangelism even in more recent times than this? Even I recall the days when an "evangelistic team" meant a group of pastors and their wives who moved into an area for a minimum of six weeks.... getting acquainted with the people of the area and tailoring their messages to the local needs... as well as visiting in their homes and in general building up the church which had invited them to the area.

The most effective evangelists I have seen in recent years have appointed groups of lay people and trained them as effective evangelists and/or assistants. I have also seen how effective church evangelism can be achieved through the local Sabbath School classes by training effective teachers and thereby getting many more church members active teaching our message within and without the church.

Evangelism ... spreading the good news of the gospel... is NOT to be equated with just any old Joe Blow taking a canned Power Point program and giving it either privately or in group meetings. The person who does active doctrinal type evangelism needs to be well enough acquainted with what is being said in his presentation so he can answer questions that are not covered in the canned material. If he is not, then better he stick to BEING a witness... as contrasted with talking about the theory or doctrine.

Amen!

But that's just my opinion.... wave.gif

This post has been edited by Johann: Apr 29 2007, 03:41 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 29 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Here's how to strengthen our churches:

QUOTE(Ellen White)
When the churches see young men possessing zeal to qualify themselves to extend their labors to cities, villages, and towns that have never been aroused to the truth, and missionaries volunteering to go to other nations to carry the truth to them, the churches will be encouraged and strengthened far more than to themselves receive the labors of inexperienced young men. As they see their ministers' hearts all aglow with love and zeal for the truth, and with a desire to save souls, the churches will arouse themselves. These generally have the gifts and power within themselves to bless and strengthen themselves, and to gather the sheep and lambs into the fold. They need to be thrown upon their own resources, that all the gifts that are lying dormant may thus be called into active service. (3T 204, 205)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 29 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 28 2007, 03:54 AM) [snapback]193289[/snapback]

It is my opinion that anyone who would seek or accept absolute power is already absolutely corrupt.

How about the subject here?

It is reported that Mr. Danny Shelton was seen on the airport in St.Paul today? Does anybody else look just like him?

What could he be doing there during a rather short span of time before leaving? Was he picking up some needed cash? Or signing some important documents?

Why was 3ABN Enterprises involuntarily dissolved around April 17? Was it due to any dishonesty that they had failed to pay the fees? Worse than Linda's lawyer?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 29 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 29 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]193464[/snapback]

How about the subject here?

It is reported that Mr. Danny Shelton was seen on the airport in St.Paul today? Does anybody else look just like him?

What could he be doing there during a rather short span of time before leaving? Was he picking up some needed cash? Or signing some important documents?

Why was 3ABN Enterprises involuntarily dissolved around April 17? Was it due to any dishonesty that they had failed to pay the fees? Worse than Linda's lawyer?

"Leaving"? For where?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 29 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #127

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]193465[/snapback]

"Leaving"? For where?

Be nice to know, but usually he is not in hiding very long.

This post has been edited by Johann: Apr 29 2007, 05:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 29 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]193438[/snapback]

Please dry it up. Those kinds of comments are really getting old.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 29 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 29 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]193483[/snapback]

I'm with you, Duane.

But I don't think Eirene is motivated by the same things most of the members are. Most of us came here looking for the truth and a good discussion. Eirene, God bless her, is the latest in a line of people who have some kind of understanding with someone at 3ABN, Danny or Mollie or someone else, that they come on here and post so that casual browsers of the Internet will think there are two balanced sides to this.

I don't know what the understanding entails, money or some kind of quid pro quo, but for myself, I sure wouldn't act like this in public for free.

There are two sides, but they're not balanced at all. Anyone who has examined the evidence and the testimony of victims cannot stay neutral.

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 29 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]193464[/snapback]

My money's on the documents, or something along those lines. A face to face meeting perhaps. Surely GM and 3ABN are tech-savvy enough to wire money to West Frankfort as needed.

But this is the first I've seen about the dissolution of 3ABN Enterprises ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 29 2007, 10:17 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 29 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I am with you, SE. Folks are really trying to be offended when their stake in this is questioned. However, they seem to be fight for their very lives in this.. I know Aletheia says she has never met Danny or Linda, but here defense of Danny and hatred or just plain hatin' on Linda is of one who has a stake in the outcome.

Ok, So what exactly is 3ABN Enterprises?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 29 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 29 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]193483[/snapback]

Not near as old as your threats of a civil case nor is it as old as your repeated posts that you don't like counselors.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 29 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 29 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]193466[/snapback]

Be nice to know, but usually he is not in hiding very long.

As usual, that little exchange made no sense whatsoever. He is reported in St. Paul today (which I highly doubt) and he is on his way "somewhere" and when ask where the answer is he is usally not in hiding very long. roflmao.gif
Now he allegedly was seen in St. Paul (I would love to know who could have possibly seen him) so then he must be there for cash or documents.
Not one word of any of that has been confirmed in any way, but the next post has expresso saying his money is on documents and then the discussion continues as if all of this was fact.
I would think after so many false reports that have been posted over here through the months that bsda people would learn to stop guessing, accusing, speculating and then turn it all into fact. Look how fast Joy's email was posted here that AF was taking over and DS was stepping down..Total fiction. But it was not only posted here but was discussed in great detail for several days before you all finally started to comprehend that Gailon was off the mark as usual.
I don't know if it is a lack of comprehension here, or a desperation to find dirt, or maybe it is just ignorance but nevertheless, here you are following the same old pattern of starting a big discussion on something that was alleged and more than likely never happened. And be sure and go right on swallowing everything Gailon sends your way no matter how many times he has proved to be inaccurate. Birds of a feather.....

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 29 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #133

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]193503[/snapback]

As usual, that little exchange made no sense whatsoever. He is reported in St. Paul today (which I highly doubt) and he is on his way "somewhere" and when ask where the answer is he is usally not in hiding very long. roflmao.gif
Now he allegedly was seen in St. Paul (I would love to know who could have possibly seen him) so then he must be there for cash or documents.
Not one word of any of that has been confirmed in any way, but the next post has expresso saying his money is on documents and then the discussion continues as if all of this was fact.

On this last point, you're right. We don't know for sure if he was in MN.

It was interesting, though, because it merely highlights Danny's relationship with a wealthy benefactor of the Adventist church and ASI. Just like Doug, the McNeilus family is going to get mud on their shoes from all this. I don't know much about them but I do know, by all the documentation here and save3abn.com, they ought to choose their friends better.

I would think after so many false reports that have been posted over here through the months that bsda people would learn to stop guessing, accusing, speculating and then turn it all into fact. Look how fast Joy's email was posted here that AF was taking over and DS was stepping down..Total fiction. But it was not only posted here but was discussed in great detail for several days before you all finally started to comprehend that Gailon was off the mark as usual.
I don't know if it is a lack of comprehension here, or a desperation to find dirt, or maybe it is just ignorance but nevertheless, here you are following the same old pattern of starting a big discussion on something that was alleged and more than likely never happened. And be sure and go right on swallowing everything Gailon sends your way no matter how many times he has proved to be inaccurate.

Well, it was news. And it wasn't total fiction--Doug appeared with Danny on 3ABN to announce some kind of new relationship. Now it seems nobody really knows what that relationship is. You don't know that Danny isn't going to step down, unless he told you himself. What's your connection? I'm not asking your identity, but if you want anyone to take you seriously, you have to offer some kind of credentials--more than just telling us we're stupid because we don't agree with you.

Gailon wasn't entirely correct, but he wasn't wrong either. Like all of us, he's trying to figure this whole darn mess out. It doesn't hurt his credibility to me.

By the way *stage whisper* you could help your case by adding a bit of charity, Eirene.

Birds of a feather.....

Glad you're with us!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 29 2007, 11:48 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 30 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]193500[/snapback]

Not near as old as your threats of a civil case nor is it as old as your repeated posts that you don't like counselors.

When have I threatened a civil case?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

THIS CALLS FOR ------------------------

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]193503[/snapback]

I don't know if it is a lack of comprehension here, or a desperation to find dirt, or maybe it is just ignorance but nevertheless, here you are following the same old pattern of starting a big discussion on something that was alleged and more than likely never happened. And be sure and go right on swallowing everything Gailon sends your way no matter how many times he has proved to be inaccurate. Birds of a feather.....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church