Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:58 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
Pickle
post May 10 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #286

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

Can't answer all your questions, but after looking at the letter again, it speaks of putting both "the conference" and "the Church" "at risk."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dkay
post May 10 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #287

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,968

Hi

This post has been edited by dkay: May 11 2007, 04:14 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 10 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #288

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(dkay @ May 10 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]195000[/snapback]

I like the suggestions of calling to express our disapproval of the secrecy. I wonder too about the court date...when it will be and when will Joy and Pickle will be vindicated? Why the suppression of information? Why the secrecy? Danny does not only appear to be dangerous but very scared or the suit would be an open book for all to see.

Vindication, when will it be:

Folks, the process is expected to go slowly. Rulings will come slowly, and be limited in scope, in response to specific motions. Do not expect that vindication will come quickly.

You can expect to have several court dates set to consider and rule upon various motions that each side will submit to the judge. Some of those motions will likely catch the other side by surprise. In such cases the judge will allow the other side time to submit a response, then likely the first side time to respond to the response, then the judge will rule.

Finally they will get to the main issue at trial. that will likely require depositions, and submission of documents and other required evidence. At each stage the other side will have time to counter the claims of the first.

After a while, the main issues will be argued before a judge. Finally the judge will rule.

I look forward to the day when the documents will be released to the public. The is likely to be one of the first issues to be decided by the judge. There will be other early issues. All of these will be baby steps in a longer process.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 10 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #289

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Well, maybe some of us could do with praying for patience.

Or maybe the time waiting is meant for prayer.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 10 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #290

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

And I think we can safely assume the one side won't understand the decision. They'll likely appeal just because they can.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 10 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #291

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Observer @ May 10 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]195005[/snapback]

Vindication, when will it be:

Folks, the process is expected to go slowly. Rulings will come slowly, and be limited in scope, in response to specific motions. Do not expect that vindication will come quickly.

You can expect to have several court dates set to consider and rule upon various motions that each side will submit to the judge. Some of those motions will likely catch the other side by surprise. In such cases the judge will allow the other side time to submit a response, then likely the first side time to respond to the response, then the judge will rule.

Finally they will get to the main issue at trial. that will likely require depositions, and submission of documents and other required evidence. At each stage the other side will have time to counter the claims of the first.

After a while, the main issues will be argued before a judge. Finally the judge will rule.

I look forward to the day when the documents will be released to the public. The is likely to be one of the first issues to be decided by the judge. There will be other early issues. All of these will be baby steps in a longer process.

Thank you, Observer, for your comments..I think we all are looking forward to the day when the documents will be released to the public.

And...SoulEspresso...thank you for reminding us to pray for patience....I needed that!

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 10 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #292

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 10 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]195008[/snapback]

Thank you for reminding us to pray for patience....I needed that!

What I need to pray for is, the stamina to keep praying as this stuff gradually unfolds ...

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post May 10 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #293

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 10 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]194994[/snapback]

This is appalling! Danny Shelton threatening to sue the church and even to go outside the U.S. to stop individuals who innocently are asking questions? Which country is he and his expensive lawyers supposedly going to be flying to next...and in that jet of his? I just feel like I am living in some nightmare.

I'm still wondering how the merger ploy will be affected by all of this.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 11 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #294

500 + posts
Group Icon

The minute Danny actually sues the church at any level, his support from the organization (even in the form of silence) will be gone. Nothing makes the brethren sit up and take notice like getting papers by FedEx ...

So I almost wish he would, fancy law firm and all. "I see your true colors shining through, I see your true colors, that's why I love pray for you ..."

(well, "love" too in the sense of spiritual concern and commitment, but it's in spite of the true colors not because of them.)

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 11 2007, 05:56 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 11 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #295

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I'll see if I can get permission to post the letter.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 12 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #296

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 10 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]194992[/snapback]

As quoted on "Lawsuit Filed!!!":
"... to begin with."

"... to begin with."

"... to begin with."

"... to begin with."

"... to begin with."

"... to begin with."

By the way, a few months ago or so when all this seemed like just a big bluff, I received a letter from an ally of Danny that indicated pretty clearly that Danny would even sue a/the church. And he would even go after those who don't live in the U.S.

Now if Danny's ally's statements are fairly accurate, Danny is one dangerous guy.

As you are repeating the same exact post in multiple places, and threads...

More false accusations and libel... and just look at all those coming behind you to repeat this as if it's fact and condemn and find fault with D.S. based on a lie.

Why would an "ally of Danny" write something so absurd?

What possible reason would he have to sue either the Church or the conference?

Give it up, Bob! And look in your mirror, you are the dangerous one here.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: May 12 2007, 06:52 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 12 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #297

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]195154[/snapback]

As you are repeating the same exact post in multiple places, and threads...

More false accusations and libel... and just look at all those coming behind you to repeat this as if it's fact and condemn and find fault with D.S. based on a lie.

Why would an "ally of Danny" write something so absurd?

What possible reason would he have to sue either the Church or the conference?

Give it up, Bob! And look in your mirror, you are the dangerous one here.

Aletheia, Aletheia,

I think you are repeating yourself...I just read this on another thread. Your approach is very interesting...you seem to make personal attacks stating people are lying just because you do not agree with someone. I made a previous post and you called me a liar just because you did not agree with me.

If you could be calm and discuss reasonably without all the emotional overtones then we could discuss together and learn from each other. Truth is all we should care about. I hope we all started out and continue to want the same...digging for that precious truth....without a hidden agenda...not wanting to attack anyone...only wanting precious souls to be won for Him...even those souls who may be guilty of creating this terrible disgrace and corruption of 3abn for "We all fall short". Praise the Lord if we can still hear "that still small voice behind us saying this is the way...walk ye in it". Happy Sabbath!

This post has been edited by runner4him: May 12 2007, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 12 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #298

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Cindy, it seems to me that you might be doing the very thing you're accusing me of. That's not real wise, is it?

What I wrote is the truth. It isn't a false accusation at all. One of Danny's allies indicated to the recipient of that letter that the conference and Church were at risk.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 13 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #299

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(runner4him @ May 12 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]195216[/snapback]

Aletheia, Aletheia,

I think you are repeating yourself...I just read this on another thread. Your approach is very interesting...you seem to make personal attacks stating people are lying just because you do not agree with someone. I made a previous post and you called me a liar just because you did not agree with me.

If you could be calm and discuss reasonably without all the emotional overtones then we could discuss together and learn from each other. Truth is all we should care about. I hope we all started out and continue to want the same...digging for that precious truth....without a hidden agenda...not wanting to attack anyone...only wanting precious souls to be won for Him...even those souls who may be guilty of creating this terrible disgrace and corruption of 3abn for "We all fall short". Praise the Lord if we can still hear "that still small voice behind us saying this is the way...walk ye in it". Happy Sabbath!

Runner in your post you seem to contradict yourself. In one breath you say Truth is all we should care about and dig for, wanting precious souls......then you say the souls who may be guilty of disgrace and corruption. We then can assume by this that you are NOT digging for truth but have already made up your mind what truth is and your posts reflect such. Your statement of corruption at 3abn is not "truth" it is an accusation. If you were really interested in "digging" for the truth you would not be here. You could visit there personally. Or, make phone calls or talk face to face with those that are being attacked. Put matt 18 into practice. If you haven't done any of these things, or if you haven't witnessed any of the allegations then, you truly need, to keep digging instead of coming to unfounded conclusions. When you want to know something, you go to the sources. You don't listen to gossip and speculation.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 12 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]195312[/snapback]

Cindy, it seems to me that you might be doing the very thing you're accusing me of. That's not real wise, is it?

What I wrote is the truth. It isn't a false accusation at all. One of Danny's allies indicated to the recipient of that letter that the conference and Church were at risk.

I agree with Cindy. If it was "truly" one of Danny's allies, he wouldn't be talking to you period.
When you say "I wrote the truth" the truth of what? That "someone" may have indicated another allegation? I love the words "indicated" and "Allie." There are so many holes in that statment it leaks like a sieve.
1. Was it really an allie? As stated I seriously doubt it.
2. The alleged letter didn't even go to the so called "allie". It went to the "recipient".
3. So, the "recipient" of a "supposed" letter, told the "alleged" allie, who then told you that there was an "indication" that Danny "could possibly" sue the conference????? roflmao.gif
You crack me up Pickle.
How foolish that anyone would even comment on that post, much less speculate.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 11 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]195029[/snapback]

The minute Danny actually sues the church at any level, his support from the organization (even in the form of silence) will be gone. Nothing makes the brethren sit up and take notice like getting papers by FedEx ...

So I almost wish he would, fancy law firm and all. "I see your true colors shining through, I see your true colors, that's why I love pray for you ..."
(well, "love" too in the sense of spiritual concern and commitment, but it's in spite of the true colors not because of them.)

The mere fact that you took such a foolish and unfounded piece of gossip, speculated and ran with it as a fact, says alot about you. I have witnessed you doing the same thing when an opinion, or an unproven allegation is made. Haven't you said before that you were a pastor?
If so, I pity your congregation if you use the same standards to judge them by.

FYI. Danny never said he was going to sue the conference. Why? For what? If he doesn't know why he would, then why would anyone else?

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 10 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]194994[/snapback]

This is appalling! Danny Shelton threatening to sue the church and even to go outside the U.S. to stop individuals who innocently are asking questions? Which country is he and his expensive lawyers supposedly going to be flying to next...and in that jet of his? I just feel like I am living in some nightmare.

What is appalling here is that are taking such a ridiculous post seriously. A "recipent" supposedly received an "alleged" letter that "indicated" Danny "may" sue the conference. This "recipient" told a supposed "allie" of Danny (not) who then repeated it to Pickle. So now, it is a fact..... You know what? If you believe and take serious this kind of unfounded, and unverified information, you are living in a nightmare.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 13 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #300

Advanced Member

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 10 2007, 08:53 PM)

Eirene FYI. Danny never said he was going to sue the conference. Why? For what? If he doesn't know why he would, then why would anyone else?
What is appalling here is that are taking such a ridiculous post seriously. A "recipent" supposedly received an "alleged" letter that "indicated" Danny "may" sue the conference. This "recipient" told a supposed "allie" of Danny (not) who then repeated it to Pickle. So now, it is a fact..... You know what? If you believe and take serious this kind of unfounded, and unverified information, you are living in a nightmare.

Whoops...Eirene, you missed the point. Digging for truth includes reading ALL the documentation on both sides. You do not know if I have contacted anyone at 3abn but a caution to anyone who tries. No one may talk to you. How could one find out anything if the information is SEALED up for the lawsuit as well as for other issues. It seems to me that DS and the 3abn board would want the lawsuit info to be public if they have a valid reason to sue...or if their mission is truly to spread the Gospel without personal financial gain...if there has been no cover up of alleged child abuse...if...if..if... DS and the board should want their supporters to be able to see all of this clearly instead of looking through a smoke screen and hoping that the truth will EVENTUALLY come out. They should be concerned with gathering forces on their side but they can never do that with secrecy! You come across as if you think you have some kind of insider information. I appreciate the fact that the www.save3abn.com site as well as this bsda site are able to provide people like me with unadulterated documentation, information, and yes, opinions (no one seeking for truth need be afraid of opinions) to assist in the digging process.

As for the nightmare....It has been troubling to realize that an organization that I have supported by word and monies has resorted to taking fellow Christians to (secret) court over daring to ask important questions. I too have the right to question and expect answers from DS on why he would hire and retain so long someone who is an alleged (sounds like he admitted it in a letter) sexual child molester, why he can put away his wife without grounds and marry another, why he travels in an expensive jet, why the appearance of a lavish lifestyle while the supporters sacrifice, promote the network, and trust that all is okay on the pedestal. why...why...why...

Blessings!

This post has been edited by runner4him: May 13 2007, 05:44 AM

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church