Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=300 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:02 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
Pickle
post May 13 2007, 05:48 AM
Post #301

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]195337[/snapback]

I agree with Cindy. If it was "truly" one of Danny's allies, he wouldn't be talking to you period.
When you say "I wrote the truth" the truth of what? That "someone" may have indicated another allegation? I love the words "indicated" and "Allie." There are so many holes in that statment it leaks like a sieve.
1. Was it really an allie? As stated I seriously doubt it.
2. The alleged letter didn't even go to the so called "allie". It went to the "recipient".
3. So, the "recipient" of a "supposed" letter, told the "alleged" allie, who then told you that there was an "indication" that Danny "could possibly" sue the conference????? roflmao.gif
You crack me up Pickle.
How foolish that anyone would even comment on that post, much less speculate.

Eirene,

I repeat, a number of us are in possession of an actual letter written by a known ally of Danny, and that letter says what I said it says. Why deny the wording of a letter you have yet to see? Why attack instead of asking to see the letter? Why twist my words to say that someone told me when I plainly said, if I recall correctly, that I had the actual letter?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post May 13 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #302

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]195337[/snapback]

I agree with Cindy. If it was "truly" one of Danny's allies, he wouldn't be talking to you period.

Eirene, thanks for letting us know that you aren't one of Danny's allies. tongue.gif

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 13 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #303

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 03:10 AM) [snapback]195337[/snapback]

.....How foolish that anyone would even comment on that post, much less speculate

So.....are you saying that you are "foolish" being that you made a comment on said post?
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 15 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #304

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-whos...-the-church.htm:

-------- Original Message --------
To: Daryl Fawcett
Subject: The church at risk
Date: Monday, February 19, 2007 8:55 PM

Daryl

As an official website of your conference, it is hard for me to fathom that you are willing to put the conference at risk with the materials you are publishing in various and diverse places, as well as those you allow to stand on your site.

3ABN can easily prove that they have had reduced income, from testimonies from former donors, because of materials you allow on your website and material you are publishing on other websites.

The law firm they are using, or rather is being provided free of charge for them has never lost a lawsuit. From what I have been told, they do not take on cases they will lose.

Stand out side your home some time, and ask your self the question "Wonder where I am going to live when I have to sell this to pay legal fees" for a liable suit you will lose.

Not all things are as they appear to be, it is in your families and your Church's best interest not to be someone else's monkey.

You may not like me, may not respect me, may even detest me, but that is still no reason too put the Church at risk.

I have nothing to gain by telling you this do I? Nothing at all.

PS I will not bother you more about this.

This post has been edited by Pickle: May 15 2007, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 15 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #305

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

nothing like being threatened...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 15 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #306

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, so I get two things from this letter off the top.

!. The Dannyfingers were just wrong as two left shoes. As was stated by Mollie on the lovefest to annouce the "merger", they did lose donations. I don't know why they send their team in here so unprepared......I hope the next team for their own sakes refuse to go into battle unarmed. So if you all are reading this......you've been played, lied to, etc. They DID lose money by the exact allegations and questions on the internet. You might want to ask them why they had you here, and other places, claiming just the opposite.

2. I am no legal mind at all, however, is it not that they would have to prove the allegations false and that they caused them harm, loss of revenue, defamation of character, etc. If so this little threatening letter was moot. Just a scare tatic. "Go and stand outside your home"......they have got to be kidding with that!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 15 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #307

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

O.K. Now that Pickle has posted the letter, I will comment on it. I have known about that letter for some time. I know who wrote it. Let us look at it a bit:

1) Who do you think wrote it? Do you think it was written by one of Danny's defenders? That is a point on which honest people can differ. Some may think that it was written by a close defender of Danny/3-ABN. Others may think that it was written by one who simply wanted to warn Daryl of potential problems.

My take on it, from the standpoint that I know who wrote it: I believe that it was written by a person who does agree with, and defend Danny/3-ABN on some points. However, this is not a person who has written much in defense of Danny/3-ABN. I believe that there was a genunine aspect of that person wanting to warn Dayrl of potential harm. I do not believe that it was written with prior knowledge of, or at the request of either Danny or 3-ABN. I believe that the idea to write that letter came from the mind of the person who wrote it.

2) Does the letter contain a threat to litigate against the church? If so, does it contain a threat for either Danny or 3-ABN to litigate against the denomination?

My immediate answer is: No, it does not. First it is a statement of potiental harm. It is not saying that anybody will file a lawsuit against the denomination. It implies that such could be done, and that the denominaiton could be placed in potential harm if such were done. It could be argued as to whether or not such a lawsuit would place the denomination/Conference/Chruch in danger. But that is not the issue. The letter is talking about potential harm.

O.K. If the above is true, does not not imply that Danny/3-ABN would file such lawsuits? No. It does not. It implies that someone could, without being specific. If you understand what I call the 3-ABN mess, there are other people who could file such lawsuits other than Danny/3-ABN.

Tommy Shelton, potentially could do so. He is neither Danny, nor 3-ABN. Would that be wise? that is another question. But, he could do so. I beleive that others could do so.

Frankly, in my opinon, there are people on both sides of this issue who potentially could file lawsuits that potentially could endanger the denomination. Again, I am not saying that it would be wise to do so. I am not saying that they would get a judgement in their favor. I am simply saying that they could file, and that there is a potential danger to the denomination if they did.

I also am not saying that it is clear-cut that the denomination would be endangered. The might be. They might not be.

That is my take on the letter that Bob Pickle posted. Yes, it is a real letter. Yes, I beleive that I know who wrote it. No, it was not written by someone who spends time defending Danny and 3-ABN.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 15 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #308

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

That's really pathetic. Not sure if it's a warning as in a "threat" or a warning as in "i care about you, better be careful"

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 15 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]195650[/snapback]

This post has been edited by mozart: May 15 2007, 02:27 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 15 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #309

Member No.: 3,399

Stand out side your home some time, and ask your self the question "Wonder where I am going to live when I have to sell this to pay legal fees" for a liable suit you will lose.

It's a minor point, but there is quite a difference between "liable" and "libel." flirt.gif

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 15 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #310

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

I happen to believe that we can expect 3-ABN to have top-notch lawyers.

That is a long ways from saying that they will win a jusdgement against either Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 15 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #311

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I will be glad when we learn what the lawsuit is all about.

All I can do right now is speculate. Based on what was said in this part of the interview with Danny Shelton at C/A in the link below, I feel that the lawsuit is about the use of 3abn in the domain name save3abn.com

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads....ge/1#Post121320

If my speculation is correct, then what is their chance of winning the lawsuit?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 15 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #312

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

I suppose after sending the "cease and desist" letter to non-effect, their only recourse was to file suit. I don't think that means they will win.
QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ May 15 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]195685[/snapback]

All I can do right now is speculate. Based on what was said in this part of the interview with Danny Shelton at C/A in the link below, I feel that the lawsuit is about the use of 3abn in the domain name save3abn.com

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 15 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #313

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(mozart @ May 15 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]195688[/snapback]

I suppose after sending the "cease and desist" letter to non-effect, their only recourse was to file suit. I don't think that means they will win.

Well, other less drastic forms of intimidation have failed. If it were an easy suit to press, why in heck did it take so long?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 15 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #314

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ May 15 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]195685[/snapback]

Are you suggesting, Daryl, that someone other than the plaintiffs and defendants knows what the lawsuit is about even though the court documents are sealed? If so, what might the implications of that be?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 15 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #315

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 15 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]195692[/snapback]

Are you suggesting, Daryl, that someone other than the plaintiffs and defendants knows what the lawsuit is about even though the court documents are sealed? If so, what might the implications of that be?

If they were told, both the teller and the one told are in contempt of court... and if the records were sealed at the request of one side and parties affiliated with that side broke the judge's order, it could result in the motion being denied and the record made open to the public...

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: May 15 2007, 08:34 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church