Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
Pickle
post May 2 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #256

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]193949[/snapback]

What's the big dill? Do you think this will go down as one of the ""Great Moments in Pickle History" (click)

rofl1.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 2 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #257

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]193965[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

Very Interesting! I will "relish" those thoughts. Alton Brown, from the Food Network's program, "Good Eats," needs these facts!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #258

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You are right, I'm not aware that Danny is a preacher, but my point is that I've heard him preach better than some who are trained. I did not at all imply that he was the best I'd heard, just that he was better than many I'd heard.

Okee Dokee and I am sorry.

I'm not into acronyms or abbreviations...prefer the shiny penny. No, I haven't studied for the ministry, but those that do do take homiletics - at least at the SDA colleges/universities that I am aware of.

Ok so you are just going to have me typing all that out all the time......Ok, but the next time you join somewhere, picka short name,please? giggle.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 2 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #259

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 1 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]193853[/snapback]

2Samuel 6:6-7

Can you comment, BearTrap?

+Quote Post
Chas
post May 2 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #260

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,001

QUOTE(mozart @ May 2 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]193957[/snapback]

i can see that you don't want to hear such bad things about danny or linda. i didn't want to hear anything bad about Danny or Linda either. honestly, i didn't really want to know, but there was this really uncomfortable itch inside my heart and mind and when more and more was said on "live" 3abn programs about all those evil people out there trying to destroy them i just wondered why they kept feeling the need to defend themselves all the time and make analogies that were (to put it mildly) just twisted. a lot of the time, i had no idea what they were driving at or why they kept talking about it. finally 3abn had a "news" quote about ASI stopping discussions on their website. at that time i didn't have a clue what ASI was even discussing and why anyone would care, so........my curiosity peaked i clicked the link and what i read made me sit back and say, "what??? something aint right in Kansas". afro.gif so i got on my computer and looked up ASI and read what they had to say and that lead me to save3abn.com and i read and i cried. then i found the forums, and so on and so on and here i am a few months later, a lot wiser, a lot sadder and sometimes just sick about it all.
after you find out a bit more about what's going on and then you see danny and mollie and shelly Q. and John L. all rallying so hard for our trust and manipulating the 3abn audience with their innuindos, the light bulb finally goes off and you see that those queezy feelings you've had in your stomach for a while should have made you pay closer attention. we know we should not put so much faith in man but i did & i shouldn't have. once i could read between the lies, i mean lines, no actually i mean lies, because deception is a lie. anyway, i saw some really nasty, spiteful and dishonest behavior coming from those people (those i've mentioned) and i think they need to be held accountable. i don't hate them, i'm just really mad at them just like you would be with anybody who ask for your trust and then abuses it.
so, you just keep reading and don't believe everything you read (which i'm sure you don't) but keep your antennae up. most of all, keep praying for discernment and for the restoration of all of the above and more.
God bless, Mo

I agree with you 100%. This is exactly how I discovered this site! yes.gif

Chas

+Quote Post
betrayed
post May 3 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #261

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,810

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]193969[/snapback]

Can you comment, BearTrap?

While reading this text in a different version than King James, I read:

2Sam. 6:7 When he did so, the Lord struck him, and he died right there beside the Ark. Uzzah should have know beter than to touch the Ark, but by continuously sinning, he had lost the sense of its sacredness and acted rashly.

With UNCONFESSED sin in his life, he dared to touch the symbolic Presence of God, a right given only to the priests.

I think this text speaks for it's self.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 3 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #262

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 2 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]193944[/snapback]

I have not previously registered with blacksda or have any other clandestine background - at least none that I am aware of. Since most members are anonymous (as I am) I don't know who they are and would venture to say that I have never met any of them (with the exception of one, who I believe is posting under his/her real name), since I live out in the wilderness far from any hub of Adventism or of 3ABN.

When I watch 3ABN I am blessed and always have been - but I don't get to watch or listen as often as I would like because I don't have (and lease says I can't have) a dish and so I watch/listen over the internet only.

I don't have much of a story. Some months ago someone told me about this site and I've checked it out occasionally and then more regularly. I cannot say that I agree with one side or the other, at least not based on what I've read here. Usually in these situations the whole truth is devilishly hard to get at and neither party, for whatever reason is willing to share the whole truth.

I appreciated the ministry of Linda when she was on 3ABN, she certainly has an empathetic, caring way about her that touched the viewers in a special way. I also very much appreciate Danny's style as well. I attended a rally back east once and have of course seen him on the TV and clearly, he can preach much better than many pastors who have been trained in homiletics.

What went wrong? I don't know. I cannot conclude from what I've read here that Linda is perfectly innocent or that Danny is perfectly guilty. There is just so much that hasn't been told and honestly, probably should not be told and much that has been said that should not have been told, but the cat's out of the bag so what to do?

But really be thankful for those on Danny's side that come and post here - when they are gone the posts get rather dull. I've wondered at times if they are not really on Danny's side, but rather only act that way in order to stimulate interest and stir up emotions. Just an idea.

Hmmm....appearances can be deceiving.

Thanks for the story, albeit a little enigmatic, but delightful nonetheless.

What did you think of Barbara Kerr's letter re Danny Shelton?

What did you think of the legal case 3abn lost against the State of Illinois? Do you understand what 3abn was doing wrong?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post May 3 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 3 2007, 06:59 AM) [snapback]194002[/snapback]

Thanks for the story, albeit a little enigmatic, but delightful nonetheless.

What did you think of Barbara Kerr's letter re Danny Shelton?

What did you think of the legal case 3abn lost against the State of Illinois? Do you understand what 3abn was doing wrong?

Re: Barbara Kerr - this one has me wondering. I read her letter(s) some time ago. Perhaps I should go and reread again, before replying to your question, but I do have other things to do and some of the letters are so long - I'm one of those people who likes things short and to the point. But I had thought why not release the tapes to her. I cannot recall ever reading why 3ABN would not release the tapes to her.

About the State of Illinois case - isn't that being appealed? And help me out - what was 3ABN doing that was wrong? Do you know if they are still doing that stuff wrong?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 3 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #264

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Respectfuly Shiny Penny, there is no short cut here. Everyone is advised to do the same thing....read, and read some more. We all have other things to do also, an dmy not have the time to explain everything to you. i completely understand how you feel, I, myself, aften ask for the Reader's Digest Version of things,b ut only when feasible. That is not feasible here especially the information for which you are asking.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 3 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]194050[/snapback]

Re: Barbara Kerr - this one has me wondering. I read her letter(s) some time ago. Perhaps I should go and reread again, before replying to your question, but I do have other things to do and some of the letters are so long - I'm one of those people who likes things short and to the point. But I had thought why not release the tapes to her. I cannot recall ever reading why 3ABN would not release the tapes to her.

About the State of Illinois case - isn't that being appealed? And help me out - what was 3ABN doing that was wrong? Do you know if they are still doing that stuff wrong?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 3 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #265

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

You cannot make a cake in an instant. Even if it is a "microwave" cake - you have to read the directions, take the cake outta the box, set the time correctly, and allow for a cool....

To be more specific - everything has steps. One cannot walk into the middle of a movie and start asking questions without getting some flack....

Same song - second verse....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post May 3 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #266

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 2 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]193928[/snapback]

Not sure what that meant about "Pass the Pickle relish" but I had to comment.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]193943[/snapback]

Some folks around here like to dice up Pickle.

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]193949[/snapback]

What's the big dill? Do you think this will go down as one of the ""Great Moments in Pickle History" (click)

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 2 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]193965[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

Pickle, I am happy that you can still have a sense of humor through it all. I will be remembering you in prayer and pray that you will still have a sense of humor 6 months or a year from now. That is the wonderful thing about knowing that our joy comes from God and not our circumstances.

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus! PTL.gif

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: May 3 2007, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 3 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #267

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

PTL.gif thankyou.gif

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 3 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]194081[/snapback]

Pickle, I am happy that you can still have a sense of humor through it all. I will be remembering you in prayer and pray that you will still have a sense of humor 6 months or a year from now. That is the wonderful thing about knowing that our joy comes from God and not our circumstances.

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus! PTL.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 4 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #268

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ May 3 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]194050[/snapback]

Shiny Penny,
Sometimes for the dish to turn out as it is supposed to, you must follow the complete recipe, not the short version.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 4 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #269

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 4 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]194129[/snapback]

Shiny Penny,
Sometimes for the dish to turn out as it is supposed to, you must follow the complete recipe, not the short version.

This weekend the complete recipe will be the 10 commandment weekend being held in Chicago. Starts 9am central time goes until about 10 pm saturday night. Then repeats until sunday 9am where it continues until 1pm. Lots of music from some 3abn singers and others from the area of Chicago. Wintley P, John L, Doug B, Jim Gilley, and David A. just to name a few of the speakers. The Chicago churches have supported this endeavor fervently. A huge crowd is expected.
Don't miss a blessing. Be sure and tune in.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 4 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #270

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

....what no Barry Black, Roscoe Howard? Shoot!
QUOTE(Eirene @ May 4 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]194160[/snapback]

This weekend the complete recipe will be the 10 commandment weekend being held in Chicago. Starts 9am central time goes until about 10 pm saturday night. Then repeats until sunday 9am where it continues until 1pm. Lots of music from some 3abn singers and others from the area of Chicago. Wintley P, John L, Doug B, Jim Gilley, and David A. just to name a few of the speakers. The Chicago churches have supported this endeavor fervently. A huge crowd is expected.
Don't miss a blessing. Be sure and tune in.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church