Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:26:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
Eirene
post Apr 24 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 24 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]192752[/snapback]

Maybe some jealousy toward Bob Pickle, too?

Jealousy towards Bob Pickle? roflmao.gif Bob has become quite the "spectacle" within the denomination. Since you are not Adventist, I wouldn't expect you to know this. Doing what he has done, in the manner he has done it, and his seeming obssesion with it, has pretty much ensured that he won't be holding any mmm let's say, leadership positions within the church. Not to mention, that Pickle is in a boat load of trouble.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 24 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]192771[/snapback]

Jealousy towards Bob Pickle? roflmao.gif Bob has become quite the "spectacle" within the denomination. Since you are not Adventist, I wouldn't expect you to know this. Doing what he has done, in the manner he has done it, and his seeming obssesion with it, has pretty much ensured that he won't be holding any mmm let's say, leadership positions within the church. Not to mention, that Pickle is in a boat load of trouble.

And I'm sure Bob is REALLY worried about that.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 24 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #63

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Apr 23 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]192677[/snapback]

We do not owe the company or the church our allegiance, our only allegiance is God and not man.

Folks don't seem to remember this......at all!
doh.gif
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]192746[/snapback]

Just because I was not a first hand eye witness to all this, doesn't mean I lack knowledge, or haven't talked to, questioned and gotten answers to my questions from those who were, nor does it mean I can't read and comprehend what's been posted here, if that makes me look disturbed to you, or sound hostile to you although I don't feel like that, well there's nothing I can do about that. blink.gif

I'm done with this thread, so ..

later...

This entire post is contradictory Aletheia to what you've said in the past. I know it. You know it. Other folks here know it.....

BTW: When you do contradict yourself, don't admit it when shown that you have, and continue to rant: you do look disturbed....
That's IMP/PO (In my personal/professional opinion).....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

welcome M-M, i totally agree with you. when linda disappeared my adult daughter, who lives in another state and I called and wrote to 3abn over and over. she finally wrote them and said, "we don't want ugly details, but we have a right to know what happened to linda. we have supported and loved 3abn for years and we think we do have a right to know why someone we love has disappeared like they never existed. why are things so secretive? why won't you tell us what happened and where she is? all we ever got was "i'm sorry but we don't know" or "i'm sorry but she's asked us to protect her privacy." that's why ppl are in these forums. Because We Have a Right To KNOW. whether they like it or not, they owe us that.
QUOTE(mystery- man @ Apr 23 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]192677[/snapback]

I really try not to get angry because it is not healthy, but I am finding it more and more difficult to control my anger and that is why my time is so limited on this thread. The fact of the matter is that Danny and Linda were holding hands pointing at the stars and lovey dubby. And in the space of two weeks after that the love of his life Linda was completely wiped from the face of the earth. Come on folks do you really think people are that stupid? I believe that some people are angry because this forum and others had the guts to question what was thrown in their face. Here are the facts folks Dannys wife was removed from office and from her marriage, and we as the donors and share holders were never given a straight aurthenticated reason why. Since the company and its mission are spiritual in nature a straight forward and provable reason was absolutly necessary. The face of the company was suppose to represent Christ in character thus directing those watching to the savior (that is the only mission or 3abn to represent Christ). We do not owe the company or the church our allegiance, our only allegiance is God and not man.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

to the best of my knowledge, even tho' some say 3abn has never been in the red, that is not what danny said back in early 2000. i remember it clear as day. it was New Years Eve, when they do the all-night long program. Danny said that the past year was the first time 3abn didn't end the year in the black and it was shortly thereafter that all these rallys started. (and those of you who have to rebuff every statement ....dont say they have always had rallys. yes they have had a rally here and there) but this started the rallys almost every week-end and when danny mentioned that their traveling was going to be increasing immensly because of planning more rallys, i instantly thought this was going to really be hard on their marriage. not that this is the reason for the divorce. but i was thinking, ppl, especially those in the limelight, have to have down time. i think that first time being in the red made danny panic and JMO but i think he thought he had to take action to save 3abn. that's when he lost his faith in God running things at 3abn. and so the story goes. sad.gif Just my thoughts.
QUOTE(västergötland @ Apr 24 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]192691[/snapback]

Jesus wasnt prioritising speed in anything he did. Just take the example of the sickness and death of his friend Lazarus. He could have run and gotten there in time to do a healing from sickness, but no. He waited for three days and then took his time walking to where the family lived. The one time when Jesus did use transportation on land, he chose the donkey when, if he had been in a hurry could have chosen a horse or a chariot. In fact, it is doubtfull that one could run a company today and be as spontaneous as Jesus was in his ministry. More than once we read how Jesus allowed himself to be distracted from where he was going to reply to a need he saw in people who where around him just at that time. But this is a new thread (or could have been if there had been anything more to say on it.)

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 03:32 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]192743[/snapback]

Dear Readers,

1. How can Eirene's opinons of Di's views and arguments be disrespectful, when Mr J constantly writes all that he does and no one can see a lack of respect in any of his words?

2. I did NOT post a email from FHB, or from anyone else, giving me marching orders.

That was Mr J's and Clays spin, and that interpretation was and still is false. as I clarified at the time.

Aletheia,

Eirene is welcome to post her personal opinions here, just as everyone else. But you certainly cannot believe that her final sentence to Di was any sort of respectful. Ad hominem was clearly at use.

Eirene said: Your desperation to believe what you want to believe is extremely pathetic.

As far as using info provided by others, I think many of us remember the "F" incident. This may be what Mr. J is refering to.

I copied and pasted it from a e-mail. I did not edit it. That is why I asked what editing.

Click here to see full content of post for proper context

It would be so nice if we could all practice kindness even as we disagree. I know this is a highly charged, polemic subject we are discussing and most, if not all, have fallen into mean-spiritedness to some degree at times. It would be just be refreshing if we could post our opinions and dialogue with each other while keeping in mind that Jesus died for each one of us, even the ones we see as hopelessly deluded.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 24 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #67

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

If it walks like a duck, quacks, has feathers that water rolls off of like a duck, waddles like a duck, then duck it will be.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Apr 24 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]192771[/snapback]

My My! What boat might that be??

From where I sit as an Adventist, I see Bob and the other faithful men and women demonstrating that they are not afraid to stand up and "call sin by its right name"...they are those who are not afraid of any threats or consequences...only interested in TRUTH!...caring enough to support the young people and families who have been abused and wronged....they demonstrate allegiance to God and not to man. These are the men and women you can trust and respect. As far as wanting any leadership positions within the church...I see these individuals willing to go out on a limb for all of us within this church not seeking any personal gain. We need to thank them and realize that if we neglect to be willing to go out on that same limb then we are not worthy of any position in His Church or Kingdom. I would be happy to join the boat load of trouble if I am with that kind of company!

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 24 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #69

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

BTW: I have not received any "papers" that are akin to a summons for court. Nor do I expect to.

dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 24 2007, 08:01 AM) [snapback]192736[/snapback]

When Christ was confronted with those in God's temple, who had made a business out of God's mission, he got out the whip. It stung, and what we're saying has apparently hit a nerve.

Fine clothes, shiney new pickups, corporate jets, earthy mansions, and all the other luxurious costly trappings money may possibly accumulate, cannot conceal the genuine poverty and insignificance from the eyes of the poor widow who made it all possible. The common hope is that a new, more magnanimous organization may soon emerge out of all this. Hopefully, the merger will help provide the missing elements, and this "suer" will disappear from the face of the project

To stay on topic:
"if" the statement about "in the process of filing 2 lawsuits" is true.
could the words" filing lawsuits" actually mean "defending lawsuits"?

if this merger is real, and i don't think AF would do it otherwise, i don't think the reasons they gave are the real reasons at all and i don't think DS will stay in control. Fact is, IMO, DS will just fade away and be an "occassional bit of memorabelia guest".
this is JMO and i'm a nobody, but, i do think and try to figure out what sounds reasonable. so...i think AF finally agreed because they want to save 3abn and GMc made them a deal they couldn't refuse; "Diversified Control" that AF felt would be trustworty. they may not be saying that now, but if this merger does happen, (they could change their minds you know) it will have to be with either AF in control, or a Diversified Group (most likely) in control instead of one or two men.
I'm not saying GMc holds all the strings, but he does hold a lot of the money that is being used to protect DS and 3ABN, right?
i think the real reason the merger came about so fast is because GMc finally said "something's gotta give". too many lawsuits, too many allegations, you're (DS) just too hot. you are not credible anymore and you, staying as the "head and not the tail" (sry afro.gif ) is bringing 3abn down. whether we like it or not, 3abn is starving with you there. you have to get out of the way and put someone credible in there to bring the money back and "hopefully" he (GMc) cares about the ministry at the end of the day as well. you gotta remember that GMc is a businessman. I don't know him, maybe he's a good Christian man who is trying to do what he thinks is right. i hope that's true. i honestly don't know. he may love the SDA church, he may love 3ABN, he may love danny shelton, however, he is a businessman and he's not going to support a sinking ship no matter how loyal he is to DS. i'm sure over the past 2+yrs. he's learned a lot and seen a lot and called this "shot".
if they had been talking about this for months and months, why the emergency meetings? come on people. scratchchin.gif
where's Bill O'Reilly?

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 03:39 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Apr 24 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 24 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]192784[/snapback]
If it walks like a duck, quacks, has feathers that water rolls off of like a duck, waddles like a duck, then duck it will be.

snack.gif
Unless of course it is a goose tongue.gif

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 24 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 24 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]192799[/snapback]

To stay on topic:
"if" the statement about "in the process of filing 2 lawsuits" is true.
could the words" filing lawsuits" actually mean "defending lawsuits"?

if this merger is real, and i don't think AF would do it otherwise, i don't think the reasons they gave are the real reasons at all and i don't think DS will stay in control. Fact is, IMO, DS will just fade away and be an "occassional bit of memorabelia guest".
this is JMO and i'm a nobody, but, i do think and try to figure out what sounds reasonable. so...i think AF finally agreed because they want to save 3abn and GMc made them a deal they couldn't refuse; "Diversified Control" that AF felt would be trustworty. they may not be saying that now, but if this merger does happen, (they could change their minds you know) it will have to be with either AF in control, or a Diversified Group (most likely) in control instead of one or two men.

No it doesn't mean defending lawsuits. It means just what he said.
As long as there are those who do not comprehend legal contracts, I will just keep repeating the same phrase over and over and over. THERE ARE LEGAL CONTRACTS THAT MAKE SURE ONE MINISTRY ISN'T TAKEN OVER BY THE OTHER. OR THAT 1 GUY DOESN'T TAKE OVER THE OTHER GUY. AND THE FINAL WORD OF PRESIDENCY HAS NOT EVEN BEEN VOTED ON AND IF DANNY WANTS DOUG TO TAKE THAT TITLE Danny WILL STILL BE CEO. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL AND CONTRACTUAL agreements THAT HAVE BEEN MADE AND ARE STILL BEING MADE, IS NAIVE, SHOWING THEIR IGNORANCE OR ARE SO DESPERATE TO BELIEVE DIFFERENT THEY ARE WILLING TO OVERLOOK THE LEGAL FACTS. No I am not shouting, just trying to get your attention.
One more time, if, down the road, things didn't work out or they wanted to seperate for any reason, each guy leaves with the marbles he came with and his own ministry intact. These types of agreements are not done with a handshake. They are done with signed contracts. If DS was going anywhere these legal safeguards on both sides would not have been put into place. There would have been no need. For those of you who are highly educated but are showing a lack of comprehension on this, put aside your education and just try to see it with a little common sense.

+Quote Post
erik
post Apr 24 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

Eirenea ,

You sure are sure that the lrehey ure aawsuits have been filed, but if they have been taking there good time getting served.

Me thinks maybe Danny was blowing more Hot Air.

Maybe not, but me thinks that he is.

Erik

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 24 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so, they just told you something because you don't know how a merger works.........you might want to read up on some recent merges. This sounds like a joint project, not a merger. However, they said it was a merger. Those bridges are still available........and unless youa re one of the principles, your repeating that doean't make it true or even believable. Rest yourself, Gurl.

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]192817[/snapback]

As long as there are those who do not comprehend legal contracts, I will just keep repeating the same phrase over and over and over. THERE ARE LEGAL CONTRACTS THAT MAKE SURE ONE MINISTRY ISN'T TAKEN OVER BY THE OTHER. OR THAT 1 GUY DOESN'T TAKE OVER THE OTHER GUY. AND THE FINAL WORD OF PRESIDENCY HAS NOT EVEN BEEN VOTED ON AND IF DANNY WANTS DOUG TO TAKE THAT TITLE Danny WILL STILL BE CEO. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL AND CONTRACTUAL agreements THAT HAVE BEEN MADE AND ARE STILL BEING MADE, IS NAIVE, SHOWING THEIR IGNORANCE OR ARE SO DESPERATE TO BELIEVE DIFFERENT THEY ARE WILLING TO OVERLOOK THE LEGAL FACTS. No I am not shouting, just trying to get your attention.
One more time, if, down the road, things didn't work out or they wanted to seperate for any reason, each guy leaves with the marbles he came with and his own ministry intact. These types of agreements are not done with a handshake. They are done with signed contracts. If DS was going anywhere these legal safeguards on both sides would not have been put into place. There would have been no need. For those of you who are highly educated but are showing a lack of comprehension on this, put aside your education and just try to see it with a little common sense.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

[quote 'Eirene' 24 2007, 06:05 PM']
As long as there are those who do not comprehend legal contracts, I will just keep repeating the same phrase over and over and over.

Please spare us because what you are saying doesn't show you have any understanding or evidence to prove what you think you understand either.

[quote Eirene] ANYONE WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL AND CONTRACTUAL agreements THAT HAVE BEEN MADE AND ARE STILL BEING MADE, IS NAIVE, SHOWING THEIR IGNORANCE OR ARE SO DESPERATE TO BELIEVE DIFFERENT THEY ARE WILLING TO OVERLOOK THE LEGAL FACTS No I am not shouting, just trying to get your attention.

well being the boneheads that we are, we do have to be yelled at to HEAR PEOPLE. dunno.gif you need to take a chill pill my dear and stop insulting ppl and lifting yourself so high because what you say is little to nothing. Us ignorant hillbillies can read. heck, sometimes we can even comprehend what we read. we can see and hear too. what is your expertise??? what is your degree??? electronics???
i would love to meet you face to face and see who is ignorant and desperate because i can assure you i am not EITHER of those. can you hear me yet?

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 07:07 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church