Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=345 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:08 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
runner4him
post May 17 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #346

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(ShellyofTexas @ May 17 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]195922[/snapback]

I gotta tell yall. The lawsuits and the drama are all new to me. Growing up my folks never allowed us to gossip in their house.

P.S. I am not calling you all gossippers. I just would not know about any of this if I hadn't joined this board.

Welcome ShellyofTexas! Gossiping or gathering together to try to make a difference?? Gossiping or trying to motivate and educate a group of God's people so that a ministry can be saved. The lawsuits came along to silence the ones on the frontline. We want to support the troops and even be counted in the army of those who still care about corruption in high places. Gossiping or speaking for Him and His Righteousness? I call it speaking for Him and I thank Him that I am not still in front of the TV asleep and writing checks. I have no axe to grind and have no hidden agenda but I have been a 3abn supporter and I am very concerned about the things that have been going on. I am thankful for bsda and the www.save3abn website ...they are making us aware and hopefully change will happen. Welcome again, you will feel most welcome here. A great way to start to just begin reading.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShellyofTexas
post May 17 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #347

Advanced Member

From: Back in Houston, Texas and hating every second of it
Member No.: 3,567

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 17 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]195929[/snapback]

Welcome ShellyofTexas! Gossiping or gathering together to try to make a difference?? Gossiping or trying to motivate and educate a group of God's people so that a ministry can be saved. The lawsuits came along to silence the ones on the frontline. We want to support the troops and even be counted in the army of those who still care about corruption in high places. Gossiping or speaking for Him and His Righteousness? I call it speaking for Him and I thank Him that I am not still in front of the TV asleep and writing checks. I have no axe to grind and have no hidden agenda but I have been a 3abn supporter and I am very concerned about the things that have been going on. I am thankful for bsda and the www.save3abn website ...they are making us aware and hopefully change will happen. Welcome again, you will feel most welcome here. A great way to start to just begin reading.

I think I worded my original wrong. I feel knowledge is power and if anyone who was not Adventist questioned me about it ...at least I know now. I would have been like, "What are you talking about?" before getting on this board

Thank you for your kind words. Kind words come infrequently when I express my opinion.

+Quote Post
Chez
post May 17 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #348

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(ShellyofTexas @ May 17 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]195922[/snapback]

I gotta tell yall. The lawsuits and the drama are all new to me. Growing up my folks never allowed us to gossip in their house.

P.S. I am not calling you all gossippers. I just would not know about any of this if I hadn't joined this board.

Welcome, ShellyofTexas. Sooo... Why did you join this board? And how did you find out about this board?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 17 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #349

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ShellyofTexas @ May 17 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]195930[/snapback]

I think I worded my original wrong. I feel knowledge is power and if anyone who was not Adventist questioned me about it ...at least I know now. I would have been like, "What are you talking about?" before getting on this board

Thank you for your kind words. Kind words come infrequently when I express my opinion.

Welcome ShellyofTexas!

Knowledge is power! However, before you accept any of our opinions here as the Gospel truth, read as much of the background material as you can to arrive at your own knowledge base. You will get to better know each of us, will be able to weigh and attempt to verify what info is offered and then you can use that good head on your shoulders to decide on what to believe.

I've taken a little time today to read all of the posts you have made since you joined and I think you will have a great time here on BlackSDA in the many forums. What I can say with certainty is that you will make many friends here and soon we'll feel like family!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 17 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #350

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

We sometimes find, to our sorrow, that our favorite flower gardens are planted in the middle of mine fields, and that behind some of the lovliest roses are coiled rattlesnakes.

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 18 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #351

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 18 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]195958[/snapback]

We sometimes find, to our sorrow, that our favorite flower gardens are planted in the middle of mine fields, and that behind some of the lovliest roses are coiled rattlesnakes.

Sounds like you have been there and done that too! That is so true!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Chez
post May 18 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #352

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

Well said!

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 18 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #353

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 17 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]195929[/snapback]

No you're wrong. It is gossip because all your accusations and name calling are unproven. How can you "correct a wrong" that is only an allegation made on the interent. Of course there are always "real" emails posted, but they have one big problem. Again, the poster, tries to spin, surmise, speculate and come to a conclusion of what they "really" said. Whatever that conclusion is, is the next phase of the "gossip" that is told here. The instigators here have never witnessed anything with their own eyes much less "proven" their allegations. With so much gossiping, and evil surmising and speculating going on by people who actually know nothing, I can only come to one conclusion. You all swallow this because you want to. the allegations are juicy.
Also we are not fooled by those posters who only want "truth" and who want to "correct" a wrong and they love and pray for those at 3abn.......Get real.....Your latest insinuation and innuendo now, is that Danny is the antichrist? How low can you go? Is that part of your finding "truth". Is that biblical? What about not judging others? ESPECIALLY OTHERS YOU DON'T KNOW! It is more than obvious that none of this is biblical, none of it is Christlike and all of your insinuations and name calling only prove it.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 18 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #354

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Was it you Steffan that posted that Danny can bring witnesses that state that their donations have gone down due to the allegations on the internet? You can't have it both ways, they either have an effect or they don't. it is apparent that you ahven't read much here. We have plenty of eye witnesses and first hand accounts. Never mind..............Why am I tryingto say anything to you.

Shelly, like PB says read for yourself. Make up your own mind, or like some just leave it alone. Some don't even approach this forum

QUOTE(steffan @ May 18 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]195978[/snapback]

No you're wrong. It is gossip because all your accusations and name calling are unproven. How can you "correct a wrong" that is only an allegation made on the interent. Of course there are always "real" emails posted, but they have one big problem. Again, the poster, tries to spin, surmise, speculate and come to a conclusion of what they "really" said. Whatever that conclusion is, is the next phase of the "gossip" that is told here. The instigators here have never witnessed anything with their own eyes much less "proven" their allegations. With so much gossiping, and evil surmising and speculating going on by people who actually know nothing, I can only come to one conclusion. You all swallow this because you want to. the allegations are juicy.
Also we are not fooled by those posters who only want "truth" and who want to "correct" a wrong and they love and pray for those at 3abn.......Get real.....Your latest insinuation and innuendo now, is that Danny is the antichrist? How low can you go? Is that part of your finding "truth". Is that biblical? What about not judging others? ESPECIALLY OTHERS YOU DON'T KNOW! It is more than obvious that none of this is biblical, none of it is Christlike and all of your insinuations and name calling only prove it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 18 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #355

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ May 18 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]195978[/snapback]

No you're wrong. It is gossip because all your accusations and name calling are unproven. How can you "correct a wrong" that is only an allegation made on the interent. Of course there are always "real" emails posted, but they have one big problem. Again, the poster, tries to spin, surmise, speculate and come to a conclusion of what they "really" said. Whatever that conclusion is, is the next phase of the "gossip" that is told here.

While there may be some "accusations and name calling" here that are unproven, it is a grossly incorrect generalization to try to lump everything discussed here on the 3abn Forum of BlackSDA.com as gossip. "All your accusations and name calling are unproven" is simply a false statement. It is also simply a false statement that the "real" emails posted here have any problem just because one who posts them may state an opinion on what they are saying. We each have a brain and, while some might like to be spoon-fed their information it is not rampant on this forum. Furthermore, since Eirene was recently banned, there will be much less unproven accusations and name calling posted here since he/she won't be posting in such a manner.

The instigators here have never witnessed anything with their own eyes much less "proven" their allegations. With so much gossiping, and evil surmising and speculating going on by people who actually know nothing, I can only come to one conclusion. You all swallow this because you want to. the allegations are juicy.

Steffan, have you ever witnessed any of situations that have raised these allegations against TS? If not, how can you be certain they are not based on fact? Just because you have been "told" they are lies? Anyone who finds the accusations and allegations here "juicy" should go and search their heart. The allegations and accusations are tragic!

Also we are not fooled by those posters who only want "truth" and who want to "correct" a wrong and they love and pray for those at 3abn.......

Well... think what you wish, Steffan. Those of us who feel that way will continue to seek truth, love and pray for all of those at 3abn, love the purpose of the ministry of 3abn.

Get real.....Your latest insinuation and innuendo now, is that Danny is the antichrist? How low can you go? Is that part of your finding "truth". Is that biblical? What about not judging others? ESPECIALLY OTHERS YOU DON'T KNOW! It is more than obvious that none of this is biblical, none of it is Christlike and all of your insinuations and name calling only prove it.

On this one point I rather agree with you. However, even though Danny isn't the antichrist of Revelation, I see a danger of him being a substitute for Christ in the eyes of many around him who revere him, a mere mortal man, and who put him on the level of Moses, David and John The Baptist in front of the entire viewing world.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 18 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #356

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

No you're wrong.

If you had the truth, you wouldn't need to say so; it would be evident. You're trying too hard to nip something in the bud. Let it bloom. And you're trying too hard to shape public perception by lots of wordywordywords, but you've failed. The people in the bleachers know when a foul has been committed. Don't trust the call of your team mates. They have a conflict of interest. Argue with the ref all you want, or try waving off the silly crowd, but you'll just continue to get boo'd. Why? You'll never understand why with the position you've chosen. You want people to stop talking? Then why do you folks continue to fuel the flames? Very strange.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 18 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #357

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

crybaby.gif crybaby.gif Very well written. crybaby.gif

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 18 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #358

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 18 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]196000[/snapback]

If you had the truth, you wouldn't need to say so; it would be evident. You're trying too hard to nip something in the bud. Let it bloom. And you're trying too hard to shape public perception by lots of wordywordywords, but you've failed. The people in the bleachers know when a foul has been committed. Don't trust the call of your team mates. They have a conflict of interest. Argue with the ref all you want, or try waving off the silly crowd, but you'll just continue to get boo'd. Why? You'll never understand why with the position you've chosen. You want people to stop talking? Then why do you folks continue to fuel the flames? Very strange.

Well said LaurenceD.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post May 18 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #359

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

Over and over again we have been told that nothing that is being discussed here has any validity because we are not eyewitnesses, or we don't know the major players personally, or we were not there when it happened, or . . .(and the ones here who are eyewitnesses--well, they can't be trusted for various reasons...) If only eyewitnesses are qualified to evaluate cases, then our legal system is in real trouble. Detectives, attorneys, judges and juries are not there watching when crimes happen, either, but that doesn't keep them from trying cases. They find people who were eyewitnesses and interview them, examine the paper trail, talk to character witnesses, compare consistencies and inconsistencies in the testimony, search for alibies and lies and after weighing all the evidence--even the circumstantial evidence--come to a conclusion in the case. Charges of "You were not there so how could you know" don't weigh much when all the evidence is stacked together.

Actually, most acts of violence, greed, corruption, and abuse are committed without eyewitnesses. When people are doing something they know could get them into trouble, they tend not to do it in a crowd or out in the open or at least no where someone who would report them can see. And they tend to try and keep it hidden as long as possible, whatever it takes--whether intimidation, gag-orders, or sealing documents. So our suspicion when we see these tactics being used is understandable. If there truly is nothing to hide, why the effort to hide it?

To be fair, my spouse and I have found ourselves a couple times in church situations where we were accused of things that did not happen, but the evidence, if twisted just a little and propped up with lots of gossip, could be made to look that way if one wanted to believe it. However, when uninvolved third parties came in to mediate and questions were asked and evidence was laid out openly, the lies and twists were shown up for what they were. Truth can stand on its own if it is given a chance.

So since I understand how it feels to have people saying things about me that I don't believe are justified, I tend to not jump to conclusions based on one sides account in any story I hear. That said, the evidence that has been brought up here and on save3abn.com may not be enough to pronounce a "guilty" verdict, but it is way more than enough to trigger a serious investigation. And history has shown that an investigation will not happen if it is up to the major players that have run the show so far. Which means that someone else needs to be called in to do it. And people like BP and GAJ are insisting that it be done--which I commend them for. If the charges are not true, then 3abn has nothing to fear. Or so it seems to me...

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 18 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #360

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

So well said there is nothing to add. We love you SW.smile.gif notworthy.gif thankyou.gif
QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ May 18 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]196027[/snapback]

Over and over again we have been told that nothing that is being discussed here has any validity because we are not eyewitnesses, or we don't know the major players personally, or we were not there when it happened, or . . .(and the ones here who are eyewitnesses--well, they can't be trusted for various reasons...) If only eyewitnesses are qualified to evaluate cases, then our legal system is in real trouble. Detectives, attorneys, judges and juries are not there watching when crimes happen, either, but that doesn't keep them from trying cases. They find people who were eyewitnesses and interview them, examine the paper trail, talk to character witnesses, compare consistencies and inconsistencies in the testimony, search for alibies and lies and after weighing all the evidence--even the circumstantial evidence--come to a conclusion in the case. Charges of "You were not there so how could you know" don't weigh much when all the evidence is stacked together.

Actually, most acts of violence, greed, corruption, and abuse are committed without eyewitnesses. When people are doing something they know could get them into trouble, they tend not to do it in a crowd or out in the open or at least no where someone who would report them can see. And they tend to try and keep it hidden as long as possible, whatever it takes--whether intimidation, gag-orders, or sealing documents. So our suspicion when we see these tactics being used is understandable. If there truly is nothing to hide, why the effort to hide it?

To be fair, my spouse and I have found ourselves a couple times in church situations where we were accused of things that did not happen, but the evidence, if twisted just a little and propped up with lots of gossip, could be made to look that way if one wanted to believe it. However, when uninvolved third parties came in to mediate and questions were asked and evidence was laid out openly, the lies and twists were shown up for what they were. Truth can stand on its own if it is given a chance.

So since I understand how it feels to have people saying things about me that I don't believe are justified, I tend to not jump to conclusions based on one sides account in any story I hear. That said, the evidence that has been brought up here and on save3abn.com may not be enough to pronounce a "guilty" verdict, but it is way more than enough to trigger a serious investigation. And history has shown that an investigation will not happen if it is up to the major players that have run the show so far. Which means that someone else needs to be called in to do it. And people like BP and GAJ are insisting that it be done--which I commend them for. If the charges are not true, then 3abn has nothing to fear. Or so it seems to me...

shepherdswife

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church