Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=360 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
joyce
post May 18 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #361

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,766

Although it is true that most criminal cases are tried without any witnesses at all, but evidence is found that shows the facts.
The sad fact in this case though, I feel, is that most of the eyewitnesses to the evil deeds are remaining silent. We, I include myself, are afraid. We have been threatened into silence. I have witnessed immorality up close. It seems some folk don't understand that their actions are viewed by others as very wrong. It must have been normal in the families that they grew up in. Then the supporters of certain people spoken of here on BSDA have been, at least apparently, fed a pack of lies
It was a huge shock to me to have my family threatened over simply asking our friends to PRAY for 3ABN. In this case, no names or events had been mentioned, just simply that prayers were needed. What kind of organization would want to bring folk to ruin over their concern and PRAYERS?
I have lost sleep many a night over real things going on that are very damaging to folk close to me.
The folk on this forum have only touched on the tip of the iceberg. I don't dare tell what is really going on for fear of harm to me or to my family.
The folk who have noticed problems, have been given cause for their concerns.
I am continuing to pray that 3ABN will have a real Christian leader very soon.
Joyce
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 18 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #362

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

What sort of threats did you get because of asking for prayer?

I understand the fear of harm. Yet I also think that if everyone who is keeping quiet suddenly ceased to do so, there would be too many targets to hit and everyone would be safe.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 18 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #363

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 18 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]196000[/snapback]

If you had the truth, you wouldn't need to say so; it would be evident. You're trying too hard to nip something in the bud. Let it bloom. And you're trying too hard to shape public perception by lots of wordywordywords, but you've failed. The people in the bleachers know when a foul has been committed. Don't trust the call of your team mates. They have a conflict of interest. Argue with the ref all you want, or try waving off the silly crowd, but you'll just continue to get boo'd. Why? You'll never understand why with the position you've chosen. You want people to stop talking? Then why do you folks continue to fuel the flames? Very strange.

I'm afraid that Steffan has the same disorder that some of the others had. It is dreadful and almost impossible to cure. It is called Pleonism. As Casey Stengal use to say, "They could look it up!"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 18 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #364

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(joyce @ May 18 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]196031[/snapback]

Although it is true that most criminal cases are tried without any witnesses at all, but evidence is found that shows the facts.
The sad fact in this case though, I feel, is that most of the eyewitnesses to the evil deeds are remaining silent. We, I include myself, are afraid. We have been threatened into silence. I have witnessed immorality up close. It seems some folk don't understand that their actions are viewed by others as very wrong. It must have been normal in the families that they grew up in. Then the supporters of certain people spoken of here on BSDA have been, at least apparently, fed a pack of lies
It was a huge shock to me to have my family threatened over simply asking our friends to PRAY for 3ABN. In this case, no names or events had been mentioned, just simply that prayers were needed. What kind of organization would want to bring folk to ruin over their concern and PRAYERS?
I have lost sleep many a night over real things going on that are very damaging to folk close to me.
The folk on this forum have only touched on the tip of the iceberg. I don't dare tell what is really going on for fear of harm to me or to my family.The folk who have noticed problems, have been given cause for their concerns.
I am continuing to pray that 3ABN will have a real Christian leader very soon.
Joyce

Joyce,

If your family has been threatened for asking your friends to pray for 3abn, those doing the threatening must think you know something that could harm their image. The concern for your family that you have expressed here shows me that what Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy are doing is of vital importance.

Do you have anyone you can turn to for protection? Are there other family and friends that can help to keep your family safe? Don't try to go this alone!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 19 2007, 07:05 AM
Post #365

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 18 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]196037[/snapback]

I'm afraid that Steffan has the same disorder that some of the others had. It is dreadful and almost impossible to cure. It is called Pleonism. As Casey Stengal use to say, "They could look it up!"

pleonasm [pl ə nàzzəm]
(plural ple·o·nasms)
noun
1. use of superfluous words: the use of more words than are necessary to express a meaning
2. example of using superfluous words: an example of using more words than are necessary to express a meaning, e.g. "free gift" or "sufficient enough"

[Mid-16th century. Via late Latin < Greek pleonasmos < pleonazein "be in excess" < pleōn "more"]

-ple·o·nas·tic [pl ə nástik], adjective
-ple·o·nas·ti·cal·ly, adverb

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 19 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #366

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 18 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]196041[/snapback]

Joyce,

If your family has been threatened for asking your friends to pray for 3abn, those doing the threatening must think you know something that could harm their image. The concern for your family that you have expressed here shows me that what Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy are doing is of vital importance.
PB

Joyce,

My heart goes out to you. Thank you for posting your experience and your fears.

This might be a strong appeal but I am impressed that it is needed after reading what Joyce has been through.

Maybe it is NOW the time for church leaders to come out from behind the bushes or from where ever they might be hiding and take a stand no matter which side they might be on! Let them and all of us write letters and SIGN our names and stop quaking with fear. If we all come out with a voice and tell what we know to be truth then maybe we can stop this terrible intimidation and threats! Someone who just found out about all of this mess, asked me "Is this the mob, we are dealing with?" Church leaders and anyone who knows facts, I am appealing to you to speak now! Let's not let Pickle and Joy be the only ones with names out there on the front line. DS cannot sue everyone! And even if he does, God is our defender. We need to hear from those leaders who have the courage to raise their voices and say NO more.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 21 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #367

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(ShellyofTexas @ May 17 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]195922[/snapback]

I gotta tell yall. The lawsuits and the drama are all new to me. Growing up my folks never allowed us to gossip in their house.

P.S. I am not calling you all gossippers. I just would not know about any of this if I hadn't joined this board.

Sometimes the "no news is good news" quote is a lie...

Welcome to the board and read "everything"....not just the 3ABN threads.....

giggle.gif

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 22 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #368

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(steffan @ May 18 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]195978[/snapback]

Get real.....Your latest insinuation and innuendo now, is that Danny is the antichrist? How low can you go? Is that part of your finding "truth". Is that biblical?

Absolutely:

2Co 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

And BTW... one can be "antichrist" without being "THE antichrist".

What about not judging others? ESPECIALLY OTHERS YOU DON'T KNOW! It is more than obvious that none of this is biblical, none of it is Christlike and all of your insinuations and name calling only prove it.

You mean like you are wont to do in every forum you've ever participated in? Like you when you categorized this forum as a "swamp" and those that frequent this forum as unchristian while saying that you were never going to return to again? Your entire reputation is built on your "judging others"; particularly "others you dont know"... which means the person to whom you need to apply that last statement first... is the one in your mirror.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
dedication
post May 22 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #369

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,166

Hi,

I haven't read everything, but it seems to me that Bro. Pickle is being sued by a an organization that has huge resources of money at their disposal.

The threats seem to indicate that he will be hauled through a process in which he will loose his home and everything.

As far as I can tell Bro. Pickle has not gossiped but tried to get the facts and documentations for everything to see what the REAL story is.
Of all people he should not be the one sued for libel.

Just wondering is there a fund being started or some other method of help so people like those on this forum who have confirmed by their own stories concerning these things, as well as others, could support this man so he won't loose everything because he wanted TRUTH?

Possibly this has been discussed previously, but I haven't seen it.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 22 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #370

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(dedication @ May 22 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]196372[/snapback]

Hi,

I haven't read everything, but it seems to me that Bro. Pickle is being sued by a an organization that has huge resources of money at their disposal.

The threats seem to indicate that he will be hauled through a process in which he will loose his home and everything.

As far as I can tell Bro. Pickle has not gossiped but tried to get the facts and documentations for everything to see what the REAL story is.
Of all people he should not be the one sued for libel.

Just wondering is there a fund being started or some other method of help so people like those on this forum who have confirmed by their own stories concerning these things, as well as others, could support this man so he won't loose everything because he wanted TRUTH?

Possibly this has been discussed previously, but I haven't seen it.

Thanks

1) It is outside of the practical to beleive that any such fund could finance the defense for Bob Pickle. We would have to raise $50,000 to $60,000 to be effective.

2) There is no reason to believe that such is needed. You tell us that he might lose his home. Do you not know that if he owns a home that he could lose, he probably has it insured under a policy that would pay the costs to defend him in such a case. If he refused to allow his insurance company to defend him, which he could do, that would be a different story. But, the policy is there to defend.

3) Bob is being defended by an attorney now. I can assure you that lawyers do not take on cases in which they think their legal bills will not be paid.

Folks, the intent is appreciated. But, I have no reason to believe that eithr Bob or Galion need a legal defense fund.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 22 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #371

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Observer @ May 22 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]196374[/snapback]

1) It is outside of the practical to beleive that any such fund could finance the defense for Bob Pickle. We would have to raise $50,000 to $60,000 to be effective.

2) There is no reason to believe that such is needed. You tell us that he might lose his home. Do you not know that if he owns a home that he could lose, he probably has it insured under a policy that would pay the costs to defend him in such a case. If he refused to allow his insurance company to defend him, which he could do, that would be a different story. But, the policy is there to defend.

3) Bob is being defended by an attorney now. I can assure you that lawyers do not take on cases in which they think their legal bills will not be paid.

Folks, the intent is appreciated. But, I have no reason to believe that eithr Bob or Galion need a legal defense fund.

Thank you for the information. I was also concerned about the situation.

*scratch that subject off Rosyroi stress list* giggle.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 22 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #372

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gregory,

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing.

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

My original suggestion to BearTrap was that if there was money left over, that it go toward an evangelistic project.

Dedication,

By the way, if I lose my home, I figure it's for a good cause.

This post has been edited by Pickle: May 22 2007, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 22 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #373

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

Gregory,

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing. Now if Danny broke his leg on my property and sued over that, coverage could be a different matter.

But come to think of it, since the court documents are sealed, I can't tell you whether or not the suit is over him breaking his leg on my property. Hmm. It sure gets complicated trying to answer some questions, doesn't it?

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

My original suggestion to BearTrap was that if there was money left over, that it go toward an evangelistic project.
Dedication,

Bob, you know best at to the coverage that you have. I cannot argue with what you have

Often "homeowners" policies will cover libel, slander, and defamation of character. But, I cannot say what kind of coverage you have.

In addition, often people who have "Umbrella" policies will also have coverage.

However, even when such coverage exists there are common execptions. E.g. They commonly will not cover in any kind of an income producing case.

I have written some articles in which I have refused payment for publication of the article because that would have given my insurance company reason to deny coverage if a lawsuit had been filed over my article.

This post has been edited by Observer: May 22 2007, 02:59 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 22 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #374

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Once the order to impound is lifted, I guess I can get more specific.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 22 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #375

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

Gregory,

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing.

Dedication,

Thank you Pickle for the above information. None of us would want you to lose your home even for a good cause. We can pass the word around and those who are able can start sending monies to the above defense account. Praying for both you and Joy.

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church