Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=375 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:12 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
PeacefulBe
post May 22 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #376

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Bob,

When we look at 3abn, it is clear that the issues that are now finally being discussed have been present for many years. I can conclude, with a great deal of certainty, that there have been others in leadership, both at 3abn and in our conferences, who have noticed what was going on BUT DID NOT STAND ON PRINCIPLE AND SPEAK UP! Instead and for whatever motivation, they turned a blind eye and allowed the sinful behavior to continue.

I thank God that you, Bob, had the pickles to answer the Holy Spirit's urgings and get involved. Perhaps, as YogusBearus has suggested, there are things have been posted that aren't necessary to convey the issues. On the other hand, some folks may need to see the broader picture in order to understand or even become intrigued enough to even look at the issues in the first place.

Perhaps if a more influential leader had gotten involved earlier, a website like Save3abn.com would not have even been necessary. The bottom line is that no leader chose to get involved but I am proud that Bob did.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 22 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #377

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

This is becoming a great concern to many of us. We must seek Divine guidance and what the Word of God tells us how to deal with this.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 22 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]196357[/snapback]

Absolutely:

2Co 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

And BTW... one can be "antichrist" without being "THE antichrist".
You mean like you are wont to do in every forum you've ever participated in? Like you when you categorized this forum as a "swamp" and those that frequent this forum as unchristian while saying that you were never going to return to again? Your entire reputation is built on your "judging others"; particularly "others you dont know"... which means the person to whom you need to apply that last statement first... is the one in your mirror.

In His service,
Mr. J

The most dangerous antichrists are the ones who rise up in our own midst.

QUOTE(joyce @ May 19 2007, 05:14 AM) [snapback]196031[/snapback]

Although it is true that most criminal cases are tried without any witnesses at all, but evidence is found that shows the facts.
The sad fact in this case though, I feel, is that most of the eyewitnesses to the evil deeds are remaining silent. We, I include myself, are afraid. We have been threatened into silence. I have witnessed immorality up close. It seems some folk don't understand that their actions are viewed by others as very wrong. It must have been normal in the families that they grew up in. Then the supporters of certain people spoken of here on BSDA have been, at least apparently, fed a pack of lies
It was a huge shock to me to have my family threatened over simply asking our friends to PRAY for 3ABN. In this case, no names or events had been mentioned, just simply that prayers were needed. What kind of organization would want to bring folk to ruin over their concern and PRAYERS?
I have lost sleep many a night over real things going on that are very damaging to folk close to me.
The folk on this forum have only touched on the tip of the iceberg. I don't dare tell what is really going on for fear of harm to me or to my family.
The folk who have noticed problems, have been given cause for their concerns.
I am continuing to pray that 3ABN will have a real Christian leader very soon.
Joyce

We must join you in your prayer, Joyce!

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 19 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]196041[/snapback]

Joyce,

If your family has been threatened for asking your friends to pray for 3abn, those doing the threatening must think you know something that could harm their image. The concern for your family that you have expressed here shows me that what Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy are doing is of vital importance.

Do you have anyone you can turn to for protection? Are there other family and friends that can help to keep your family safe? Don't try to go this alone!

PB

Who will be our protector in this final crisis?

QUOTE(dedication @ May 22 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]196372[/snapback]

Hi,

I haven't read everything, but it seems to me that Bro. Pickle is being sued by a an organization that has huge resources of money at their disposal.

The threats seem to indicate that he will be hauled through a process in which he will loose his home and everything.

As far as I can tell Bro. Pickle has not gossiped but tried to get the facts and documentations for everything to see what the REAL story is.
Of all people he should not be the one sued for libel.

Just wondering is there a fund being started or some other method of help so people like those on this forum who have confirmed by their own stories concerning these things, as well as others, could support this man so he won't loose everything because he wanted TRUTH?

Possibly this has been discussed previously, but I haven't seen it.

Thanks

You are touching what I believe to be a central point in what Adventists believe will take place at the very end before the return of Jesus. There will be persecution, and I will say more about that below.

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 22 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]196435[/snapback]

Thank you Pickle for the above information. None of us would want you to lose your home even for a good cause. We can pass the word around and those who are able can start sending monies to the above defense account. Praying for both you and Joy.

What is happening these days brings clear to my mind some of the things Dr. Emmet.K VandeVere once told us in his class at Emmanuel Missionary College at Berrien Sprins, more that 50 years ago. In American history and government he started talking about how persecution of Christians could come about in this great land of liberty. This professor insisted that considering the American Constitution the prophecies of future persecution would be fulfilled in the courts of this great country. Not by the police dragging Christians to court, but by individuals suing each other. With more and more efficient lawyers people would be sued for doing what they claimed to be their God-given duty. The unholy wealthy ones, claiming to be saints, would successfully take homes and property, and everything else, from those they considered their enemies. In this way Satan would attempt to destroy the church.

The most saint-like hide their evil by attacking those who will not approve of their evil doings.

Friends, look up. Whom do we trust? He will deliver us in this hour of persecution! Perhaps not our property, but He will save us for eternal life by faith in Jesus Christ. Which has greater value?

This post has been edited by Johann: May 22 2007, 05:26 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 22 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #378

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Pickle,

Feel free to post that Legal Defense Fund link in a similar topic over at Maritime SDA OnLine. I would do it myself, however, copying the link from here will not work for some reason.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 22 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #379

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Done.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 22 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #380

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 22 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]196435[/snapback]

Thank you Pickle for the above information. None of us would want you to lose your home even for a good cause. We can pass the word around and those who are able can start sending monies to the above defense account. Praying for both you and Joy.

....and knowing that ALL THINGS (even this) work together for good....

Amen!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
dedication
post May 23 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #381

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,166

Observer wrote; May 22, 2007 10:42 a.m.
1) It is outside of the practical to believe that any such fund could finance the defense for Bob Pickle. We would have to raise $50,000 to $60,000 to be effective.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

Gregory,

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing.

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

My original suggestion to BearTrap was that if there was money left over, that it go toward an evangelistic project.
Dedication,

By the way, if I lose my home, I figure it's for a good cause.

It would be impractical only if a handful of people were to help. But if MANY would give just a little that little would multiply and ease a great burden on those being taken to court.

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 23 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #382

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(dedication @ May 23 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]196540[/snapback]

It would be impractical only if a handful of people were to help. But if MANY would give just a little that little would multiply and ease a great burden on those being taken to court.

If 3ABN can raise millions from the poor, so can our cause! I don't have any money, but I will give what I can spare every month for sure. My contributions aren't big, but if put with everyone else's pennies, we can surely hit $50,000 - $60,000!

However, I am afraid that estimate is going to be a bit low. Lawyers cost more that that!

Bob, what is it going to take to keep you and Gailon safe in all aspects?

Folks, dig even deeper than before. Let's get this over with!

Thank you Gailon and Bob, for doing what we could not!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 23 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #383

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I have no idea what it's going to cost.

Besides attorney fees, you have court costs and all the costs involved in depositions and such. You can imagine that if all of that is done right and thorough, it will cost a bit.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 23 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #384

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Isn't there something in place in the judicial system to protect people from the costs inflicted from lawsuits, especially if they lose the lawsuit?

In other words, can't the judge charge the one making the lawsuit to pay damages/costs to the ones named in the lawsuit?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 23 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #385

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I think so, but whether that requires a countersuit or not I do not know.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 23 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #386

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Can't you put court costs etc. in your counterclaim?
QUOTE(Pickle @ May 23 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]196543[/snapback]

I have no idea what it's going to cost.

Besides attorney fees, you have court costs and all the costs involved in depositions and such. You can imagine that if all of that is done right and thorough, it will cost a bit.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 23 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #387

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I would think so. But I'd rather see them just pay for it instead of having to file a counterclaim.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post May 23 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #388

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

Gregory,

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing.

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

My original suggestion to BearTrap was that if there was money left over, that it go toward an evangelistic project.
Dedication,

Would it be possible to have an easier link to access--such as legaldefensefunds.com or some such thing?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post May 23 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #389

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Legal defense fund for those sued by 3ABN! Paypal is easy to use! Just click on the link below and everyone can donate a little. Think of all the funds 3ABN has raised from small donations. We can do better!

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

Gregory,

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is http://www.Pickle-Publishing.com/defensefund.htm. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

Dedication,

This post has been edited by Artiste: May 23 2007, 09:46 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 23 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #390

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ May 23 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]196576[/snapback]

Would it be possible to have an easier link to access--such as legaldefensefunds.com or some such thing?

Hmm. I wonder if http://www.Pickle-Publishing.com/defensefund.htm might do the trick. What do you think?

This post has been edited by Pickle: May 23 2007, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church