Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=405 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:27:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
PeacefulBe
post May 25 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #406

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Gregory,

Are you suggesting that the negative personal impact that litigation might have on the alleged victims of Tommy Shelton could be a big reason why none have chosen to try to bring charges at this point (aside from the statute of limitations issues)?

If this is the Pyrrhic victory you are speaking of, it stands to reason that this would make it all the more important that the alleged abuse victims should be helped to find their healing through the Biblical model that King David used: the perpetrator(s) need to ask each for alleged victim for forgiveness and need to make restitution where needed. At that point God can truly forgive as He did in David's case.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 25 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #407

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 25 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]196837[/snapback]

Gregory,

Are you suggesting that the negative personal impact that litigation might have on the alleged victims of Tommy Shelton could be a big reason why none have chosen to try to bring charges at this point (aside from the statute of limitations issues)?

If this is the Pyrrhic victory you are speaking of, it stands to reason that this would make it all the more important that the alleged abuse victims should be helped to find their healing through the Biblical model that King David used: the perpetrator(s) need to ask each for alleged victim for forgiveness and need to make restitution where needed. At that point God can truly forgive as He did in David's case.

PB

Absolutely not.

My comment was not directed to anything specific in this thread.

As to you specific question, only the involved people can answer that. I make no suggestions.

I simply say that as I reflect on charges and counter-charges, comming from both sides, I see Pyrrhic victories in some of them.

Case in point: It has been suggested that 3-ABN might fill a lawsuit against an individual whom they are not presenting sueing. In commenting on that, I have stated that to do so would be a public relations disaster for them, even if they were to technically win. But, I also see the same for others.

QUOTE(Fran @ May 25 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]196831[/snapback]

Are you trying to tell us the end does not justify the means?
Well, that was my question too? Could he have meant that Gailon and Joy could have a Pyrrhic Victory?

I found it hard to decide.

Fran & Girth:

My comment was not focused on any present llitigation.

It was a general comment simply suggesting that some fights are not worth winning, and people who suggest lawsuits for others to file should consider whether or not they are worth the cost.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 25 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #408

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Do I see my name in that case in point? smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 25 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #409

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Observer @ May 25 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]196847[/snapback]

In commenting on that, I have stated that to do so would be a public relations disaster for them, even if they were to technically win.

I think the present case fits that description.

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 26 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #410

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 25 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]196851[/snapback]

I think the present case fits that description.

Feel free to apply my comment anywhere you wish. I simply did not have anything specific in mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 26 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #411

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Can't get specific until things are no longer sealed.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 26 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #412

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens in relation to this being sealed after the first round before the judge.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 28 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #413

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Something to think about during all this hide and seek lawsuit stuff going on about money:

The story is told of a man who got a permit to open
the first tavern (bar) in a small town. The members
of a local church were strongly opposed to the bar, so
they began to pray that God would intervene.

A few days before the tavern was scheduled to open,
lightning hit the structure and it burned to the
ground.

The people of the church were surprised but
pleased - until they received notice that the would-be
tavern owner was suing them.

He contended that their prayers were responsible for
the burning of the building. They denied the charge.

At the conclusion of the preliminary hearing, the
Judge wryly remarked, "At this point I don't know what
my decision will be, but it seems that the tavern
owner believes in the power of prayer and these church
people don't
."

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ May 26 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]196965[/snapback]

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens in relation to this being sealed after the first round before the judge.

I wonder when that will be or when it was. I don't think they will let us know, you know?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 28 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #414

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(Fran @ May 28 2007, 05:42 AM) [snapback]197104[/snapback]

Something to think about during all this hide and seek lawsuit stuff going on about money:
I wonder when that will be or when it was. I don't think they will let us know, you know?

Do courts post what's on the docket for each day on the web? Would it be possible to check that way for when the case is scheduled, if one knows what county in Mass. it was filed in?

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 28 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #415

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grith @ May 28 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]197132[/snapback]

Do courts post what's on the docket for each day on the web? Would it be possible to check that way for when the case is scheduled, if one knows what county in Mass. it was filed in?

Presently that infnormation is impounded. If the documents are unsealed, we can expect it to be posetd. Yes, the URL has been posted. But, all it tells us is that the documents are sealed and we do not have permission to access them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
inga
post May 28 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #416

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 18 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]196033[/snapback]

I understand the fear of harm. Yet I also think that if everyone who is keeping quiet suddenly ceased to do so, there would be too many targets to hit and everyone would be safe.

Indeed.

There's another aspect to this. Those who threaten are most often cowards. They will threaten more than they are willing and/or able to do.

The most damaging thing these cowards usually do is to talk and attempt to damage repuations.That is most effective for those whose record is a bit checkered. They may have changed, but their past misdeeds are exaggerated. For others this is not nearly as effective. Good advice is this: When someone tells lies about you, live in a way that no one will believe the lies. And trust in God to oversee events.

I have noticed that some folks on this board appear to think that Danny & Garwin McNeilus have unlimited resources and unlimited power. That's not altogether so. They do have unlimited gall. If folks -- including those in admnistrative positions -- would simply stop listening to them, they would suddenly have no power.

For our administrators, it's really a faith issue. Does God have enough resources to keep His work going without Garwin McNeilus or not? Those of little faith will listen to Garwin McNeilus and keep him in power.

For ordinary folks, it's also a faith issue. Each of us needs to decide whether or not we are willing to trust God with our safety and our reputations when it seems eviden that our witness is needed for evil to be checked.

+Quote Post
inga
post May 28 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #417

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Observer @ May 22 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]196374[/snapback]

1) It is outside of the practical to beleive that any such fund could finance the defense for Bob Pickle. We would have to raise $50,000 to $60,000 to be effective.
I don't see it "outside the practical" at all.
If every registered member of BlackSDA would just contribute $30.00 each, that would raise over $60,000.

If only one out of 10 were willing to contribute, an average of $300.00 each would be needed to raise $60,000. Some might be willing and able to contribute more, others less. The widow's mite went a long ways. So, for starters, I would suggest that all who reads this message go to
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8and donate whatever they feel impressed to donate. Credit cards work. Even $5.00 helps.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]196379[/snapback]

2) I talked with the senior counsel (something like that) at my insurance policy's underwriter, and discovered that I am not covered for this kind of thing.

3) Sometimes lawyers do take on cases in which they might not get paid, and I would say that this is one of them. At the suggestion of BearTrap, a legal defense fund has been set up by Attorney Laird Heal, and the link he provided for that is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8. He told me a net of about $280 has come in thus far, after the PayPal fees were deducted from the $300.

My original suggestion to BearTrap was that if there was money left over, that it go toward an evangelistic project.
Dedication,

By the way, if I lose my home, I figure it's for a good cause.
Pickle, we need more men like you in this church. May God give you wisdom and protection.

And, dear readers, any money you contribute will also go to a "good cause" -- either to defend a man of integrity against unjust attacks or[i] to help spread the message of Christ's soon coming. Let us pray that most of the money will go to the latter.

~~~~~~
P.S. I just went to the site to put in my little mite.

How about you?

It is very safe. I've lost track of the number of years we've used PayPal, which was conceived by some very large international banking institutions ... When you pay with PayPal, your credit card information goes to only one place -- the PayPal processing center, never to any individual or merchant. So it's much safer than giving your credit card information to someone over the phone or even to a cashier with an old-fashioned interface that makes a copy of your invoice/receipt. (Carbon copies could be used for fraudulent purposes.)

This post has been edited by inga: May 28 2007, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 28 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #418

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

you make some very good points inga. thank you. thankyou.gif
QUOTE(inga @ May 28 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]197146[/snapback]

I don't see it "outside the practical" at all.
If every registered member of BlackSDA would just contribute $30.00 each, that would raise over $60,000.

If only one out of 10 were willing to contribute, an average of $300.00 each would be needed to raise $60,000. Some might be willing and able to contribute more, others less. The widow's mite went a long ways. So, for starters, I would suggest that all who reads this message go to
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8and donate whatever they feel impressed to donate. Credit cards work. Even $5.00 helps.

Pickle, we need more men like you in this church. May God give you wisdom and protection.

And, dear readers, any money you contribute will also go to a "good cause" -- either to defend a man of integrity against unjust attacks or[i] to help spread the message of Christ's soon coming. Let us pray that most of the money will go to the latter.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
lowender
post May 30 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #419

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 23 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]192537[/snapback]

Posting today (April 23, 2007) Danny Shelton said:
Note the clear statement that lawsuits have been filed against two people.

Danny Shelton will stop at nothing to remove any person, or any organization who calls him on the carpet. Is this not indicative of a man who is feeling a loss of control? This proposed merger of 3ABN & Amazing Facts will be successful providing that Danny Shelton steps down and away from 3ABN and from Christian television altogether. With that said, the entire board at 3ABN who has defended his excesses needs to be replaced. By excesses, I mean Danny's use of a corporate jet. The fact that his daughter is the only paid performer on the 3ABN set. The arrangement Danny has with a local Dodge/Chrysler dealership for an annual supply of fleet vehicles. Is it known that Danny has used his corporate jet to fly to Salt Lake City to attend Utah Jazz games? The excesses keep piling up. But are these excesses necessary in order to present the Gospel?

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 30 2007, 07:22 AM
Post #420

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ May 30 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]197392[/snapback]

Danny Shelton will stop at nothing to remove any person, or any organization who calls him on the carpet. Is this not indicative of a man who is feeling a loss of control? This proposed merger of 3ABN & Amazing Facts will be successful providing that Danny Shelton steps down and away from 3ABN and from Christian television altogether. With that said, the entire board at 3ABN who has defended his excesses needs to be replaced. By excesses, I mean Danny's use of a corporate jet. The fact that his daughter is the only paid performer on the 3ABN set. The arrangement Danny has with a local Dodge/Chrysler dealership for an annual supply of fleet vehicles. Is it known that Danny has used his corporate jet to fly to Salt Lake City to attend Utah Jazz games? The excesses keep piling up. But are these excesses necessary in order to present the Gospel?

Purely speculation on my part: If Danny Shelton comes to believe that the proposed merger will limit him in any substantial way, I suspect that 3-ABN will not merge with Amazing Facts.

You will note that I did not state that Danny would have to remain in his present position.

You will also note that I did not state that Danny would have to remain in any position at 3-ABN, although that might be the case. I do not have a firmly fixed opinon on this point.

I simply stated "limit him in any substantial way." But, I may be wrong. We shall see, maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church