Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13481&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:32:29 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10 Commandmants Weekend, (moved from Lawsuits Filed thread)
shinejoy
post May 8 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,195

well that is interesting poor poor danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 8 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE shepherdwife.............it really steams me when an organization insulates itself from any chance of learning from criticism or life circumstances by saying that if things are going well, it is proof of God's favor. If they are attacked, it is proof that they are doing something right. If they are criticized, it means they are making Satan angry. If they gain a network, God is behind them, if they lose a network, God it telling them to press forward and not give up--oh, and by the way, we need your money to accomplish all this for God.

OK, It's official, shepherd's wife. You are at the top of my "gotta luv um" list.
..............Emails that show a persons attitude when they don't know others will be reading it..................
..............So, please give us lurkers credit for having some brains to sort out and make our own judgments. Truth can stand on its own, and I say the sooner the better. God can save 3ABN if it still has a work to do, even if garbage is revealed and dealt with, whoever it comes from. And if the organization has been hiding abuse issues--whether abuse of power, sexual or emotional abuse--knowingly or unknowingly, God will not allow it to go on unhindered forever. Better to cleanse it voluntarily than have it swept away...

shepherdswife--who probably can not be considered just a lurker anymore..........

This post has been edited by mozart: May 8 2007, 06:04 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 8 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #108

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(mozart)

so, another lady in women's ministries, not one of the two i've talked to, called me today just to chat and while we were talking she said she had watched TCW and that danny had held up a piece of paper saying that people are circulating these papers saying all manner of evil about him and that he has decided to just completely ignore it.

Maybe he was waving the latest publication of AToday ....

Excerpt:
    May 1 , 2007

An open letter to Danny Shelton:
    Editorial Comment: An earlier version of this open letter to Mr. Danny Shelton, dated April 26, 2007, was e-mailed to various Seventh-day Adventist organizations and denominational officers including Adventist Today, Ms. Mollie Steensen and Mr. Danny Shelton of 3ABN, Douglas Batchelor of Amazing Facts and the Office of the President of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. The original letter was not signed. Adventist Today does not publish anonymous communications, unless we have direct contact with the author, determine his or her standing including the purpose for writing the letter, and the reason for wishing the communication to be unsigned. This AToday has done. The letter writer states that he has multiple sources inside the 3ABN ministry. He has requested that his name be kept confidential and that the letter be signed only by his initials to avoid any possible embarrassment to members of his family. The letter writer does not want to see the church embarrassed by the problems at 3ABN. In the letter writer’s view, these problems will “especially shake the foundation of faith of new converts to Adventism brought in by the ministry of 3ABN.” – Erv Taylor, Executive Editor, AToday.

Danny, our money was given to 3ABN in trust. These funds were not given to Danny Shelton. They were actually gifts to God from all of us who want to help spread His message of Salvation. We did not give our money and items of value to 3ABN for the personal benefit of you and your family. Once you began asking for broader financial support in donations from SDA Church members, your personal use of 3ABN should have ceased as you had a fiduciary duty to use these monies in an appropriate manner by employing them solely in the work of spreading the Gospel. As trustees for God's funds, you and the Board of Directors are held to high standards for their use. Unfortunately, it appears that the temptation to abuse your power of the purse may have proven too strong for your own soul.

Do you really think you are being persecuted, as you mentioned on a 3ABN broadcast a number of weeks ago when speaking a Conference President who had once been relieved duties by his constituency? You are not. You are, however, being called to account for your actions and asked to make things right. Your belief that you are being persecuted tells me the Holly Sprit is still working on your conscious. Ask for God's forgiveness and do not lose that beautiful crown He has waiting for you in His Kingdom. Unfortunately, the longer you stay at 3ABN, and the longer this mess festers, the longer Satan has to harden your heart against repenting publicly for your sins. You are placing your Heavenly reward in jeopardy. What a shame, you gain the whole world of 3ABN but you lose your own eternal soul.

I have been impressed by God to send you this message:

For this full article, by DER of Palm Springs, go to http://www.atoday.com/index.php

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 8 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #109

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Go to Adventist News Roundup, then to Andrews Univeristy gift...and the link, called open letter to danny shelton is at the bottom of that article.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post May 8 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

I don't know if this is related to the 10 commandments weekend or not, but my husband just got a call saying that there is a project underway to send Shelton's 10 Commandment book to all the other denominations pastors in the state, and "they" (I am not sure who they are) are asking that we (our church) send them $500 before Thursday to facilite the project.

Hmm-mm-mm

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 8 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 3,195

oh my goodness no.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 8 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ May 8 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]194682[/snapback]

I don't know if this is related to the 10 commandments weekend or not, but my husband just got a call saying that there is a project underway to send Shelton's 10 Commandment book to all the other denominations pastors in the state, and "they" (I am not sure who they are) are asking that we (our church) send them $500 before Thursday to facilite the project.

Hmm-mm-mm

shepherdswife

Hello shepherdswife, and please accept my welcome to bsda, you are an asset!

I find this call you received very interesting...I hope you let your conscience be your guide. I do believe, and I'm sure you agree, God expects us to use that common sense He gaves us.

I have some of your background, and so I understand, relate and sympathize with much of what you have stated (especially in your "break free" from newbie post, which was awesome!) in past posts.

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about all this mess, I have talked to so many people, our stories all added up would create a library of books...and I continue to contemplate what God will do with this mess, what we will learn from it, and how it will affect (and it will, guaranteed) each of us personally. It's a sad situation.

It's been handled by MEN not by GOD, that is why it's the mess it is. I pray that ALL would look up with confidence in the ONE who will bring us through it, one way or another. God saves us, saves others, and we need to stop looking horizontally at people and realize that we NEED God to keep us close through all this. No matter where you are, what your part in this, your position, your connection, Jesus must Reign first, and people need to know they are loved by Him. That's what matters. To rest so much on those that SHOULD be doing the "right" thing, is going to be more and more disappointing, and not something I want to experience any further.

This community of people (at bsda, and it grows daily), and the technology (it's not a bad thing if used properly) is what (I believe) has a part in sorting, sifting and shaking (and comforting and uplifting) when these things happen around us. I am personally so thankful for this place. It's no wonder that there are a SMALL group that seek to tear it down TOO.

I really believe, the more people share, the more that comes together, the better picture is given on how this is really affecting our church. This forum is a way to do that, and it helps so many.

Thanks for the sharing you have done thus far.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: May 8 2007, 07:43 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 8 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #113

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 8 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]194651[/snapback]

[color=#993399]Heck naw! We all know had he thought she even violated the "spirit" of that gag order, he would have had that $250K back in a flash.

She violated the agreement over and over.. starting with her website, opened in June of 2004, she even quoted the separation order there... and claimed all kinds of negative things, and they paid her, and kept on paying her Diane, actually allowed themselves to be defrauded in the process. Why, Diane? because it was biblical??? and considering that, how can your claim be true?

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #114

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Come on now, cindy you are going to have to unpack that one sister. I don't see how paying the cofounder of a buisness severance of 250K on a technicality when the buinsess is worth millions as fair. so you tell me what I am missing( and I don't think I am the only one). So go for it Gurl!!

But then we still have to talk abouther violating the gag order. I have never heard her say a word in all this tim, bedies she wa not unfaithful in her marriage. So besides sharing with her family and friends. What are you talking about? Yeah, yeah break that down while you are at it.

Proceed!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 8 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]194697[/snapback]

She violated the agreement over and over.. starting with her website, opened in June of 2004, she even quoted the separation order there... and claimed all kinds of negative things, and they paid her, and kept on paying her Diane, actually allowed themselves to be defrauded in the process. Why, Diane? because it was biblical??? and considering that, how can your claim be true?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 8 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #115

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 8 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]194653[/snapback]

Wow Di, thanks for sharing another first hand story from the stockholders in the pews. I can only wonder how many more there are. dunno.gif And don't worry gurl about not sharing what you thought, my own thoughts are enough for me. wallbash.gif

And Jnana15, you so eloquently and succinctly expressed my thoughts after seeing Steffan's post early this morning...... rofl1.gif

~nw

How very loving...

"Stockholders in the pews" is about the most ignorant claim in this whole mess... And arrogant. You try and tell God that your donations make you a owner of one of his ministries , or tell him you are owed something for your tithes and offerings and I fear your presumption here will not save you.

Next, It was not a first person account. It was secondhand, here say, as in "somebody told me", otherwise known as gossip. Something God forbids.

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 8 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]194651[/snapback]

Now, here is a story is heard from someone who was attending GC, and happened to be entering the pavillion with the booths at the same time as Danny and Brandy. At the time it didn't mean much, but as I was relaying to them the recent events, the situation took on new meaning. As they entered the door(Brandy was actually walking slightly behind Danny) where Danny's many adoring fans had mobbed him yet one more time, he was accepting all expression s of pity and support for his aching heart(you see he and Brandy did not "come in" the door together), along with a few checks. Brandy continued on to the booth. My friend then walked around, and later as she approached the 3ABN booth there was an elderly man, who was speaking to Brandy most earnestly, "What happened to Linda? I sure miss her. I pray everday that God will perform a miracle and Danny and Linda will repair their marraige.".........Brandy's response, " I'm sorry, she is not here anymore". Now, because I realy don't want to blemish my Princess status I won't tell what I thought was her only alternative answer. giggle.gif

So what? I see nothing wrong here in anything, or even in what was said..

your point , and motive and intent in repeating this here, was what, Diane?

Why is it all so amusing to you?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: May 8 2007, 09:54 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #116

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

How very loving...
"Stockholders in the pews" is about the most ignorant claim in this whole mess... And arrogant. You try and tell God that your donations make you a owner of one of his ministries , or tell him you are owed something for your tithes and offerings and your presumption here will not save you.
Next, It was not a first person account. It was secondhand, here say, as in "somebody told me", otherwise known as gossip. Something God forbids.

First of all, because Danny asks members to support his independent ministry with the time, money and viewership, it makes him answerable to them. Because he promises in return to use more than ordinary care with it all. In particulary in this case he promises to uphold the beliefs and doctrines ofn the SDA church and they "donte " to him on that basis. If he is not holding up his end of the bargain, he needs to explain why. Simple. If he wants to answer to no one but himself and God, fund his own indpendent ministry.

Now the account was told to me by someone who witnesses this upclose and personal, not from a distance, lip reading and gestures.....you all get my drif, and you believe that version of that story over the man who was standing there experiencing it. Why you worried about second or third hand now, You was happy with BS with his lip syncing and mime.

Princess Di Is giggling and you are applauding, and you both find all you so amusing, and heaven I believe must be weeping at all this.

If you don't know, then I don need to tell you, but I will anyway,because I know.....never mind. Anyway. Gurl it was HECKA embarrassing and awkward for Brandy to be in that position. If that man asked, I know he wasn't the only one. Also, I ain't got no problem saying that Danyy was still playing the victim to people who didn't know he had already "moved on". He just moved Brandy on by them, where she went to the booth to field embarrassing and awkward questions by alone, while Danny played wounded celebrity. She sould have kicked his his sorry behind right to the curbed that big ole, 3ABN truck was parked on! He took advantage. Simple. He should have thanked them for their prayers and support, told them how good God had been, and introduced them to Brandy, new love of his life......"Isnt' she cute?"....and they both went to the table and face any unfortunate situations together.....but NO! That would have been too much like right and above board.

Ain't no shame in my game, Gurl. Now, anymore questions?

Y'all ecuse me while I replace my tiara, and my earrings...........

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 8 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #117

500 + posts
Group Icon

More gossip, evil surmisings and condemnations....

WHY do you all think everything is about you and your concerns? You need to get over yourselves, please, all this drama for nothing.

QUOTE(mozart @ May 8 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]194670[/snapback]

so, another lady in women's ministries, not one of the two i've talked to, called me today just to chat and while we were talking she said she had watched TCW and that danny had held up a piece of paper saying that people are circulating these papers saying all manner of evil about him and that he has decided to just completely ignore it. outraged, i told her, "that is a bald-faced lie! he is in the process, as we speak, of suing two SDA men for exposing his misdeeds. he's not ignoring anything of the sort." she was appalled to hear that. we just shake our heads in disbelief at the things that are happening in our church. amazing.
did anyone else see that?

The truth is That was never even said on the air, it was just a comment made in regards to papers that were being handed out by a group of three protestors from a Messianic Jewish organziation that was saying that the message being given was incomplete because it didn't include the requirement that the Jewish festivals were to be kept. In fact one of the papers said any man who "marred the edges of his beard" meaning shaving was in violation of God's law.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #118

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

BTW, Cindy, did we see you on camera? Or did you get a backstage pass? i was looking for you, Gurl!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 8 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]194707[/snapback]

More gossip, evil surmisings and condemnations....

WHY do you all think everything is about you and your concerns? You need to get over yourselves, please, all this drama for nothing.
The truth is That was never even said on the air, it was just a comment made in regards to papers that were being handed out by a group of three protestors from a Messianic Jewish organziation that was saying that the message being given was incomplete because it didn't include the requirement that the Jewish festivals were to be kept. In fact one of the papers said any man who "marred the edges of his beard" meaning shaving was in violation of God's law.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post May 8 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

I know what I say may be taken wrong, all the same it must be said. I have heard many say that all this happening is the hand of satan and they fear that not only will 3abn go down but maybe even AF and that could hamper the work of the Lord. Many have put their trust in the carpenter Danny Shelton and the wilderness man Doug Bachelor. We have set our sites much to low and operate as if God did not live and is not in charge not only of this earth but also the universe. At the current rate of things amazing facts and 3abn would take many more hundreds of years to get the message out plus the polluting of the diluting message would cause another 300 years of wondering in the wilderness. Get a life trust God maybe it is He who is trying to bring down both ministries for the sake of the coming of Christ (I AM NOT SAYING HE IS EITHER) my point is that God is in control and this is the end of time. I have for some time understood that the last day message would go out in ways that the Lord has designed and not man. But first God is looking to reproduce the image of God in man so that truly we can have not only the message but the power that is needed to accompany the message.

If anything we have seen an example of what the right message under the wrong example leads to. Mending Broken People was the right message but the power to perform that message is often missing, thus the Linda Shelton debacle. The scribes and Pharisees traveled over land and sea to preach the Gospel of Jesus and yet when Jesus finally came he said they were about their fathers business (satan). Many think they these people in the biblical day did not have a form of Godliness but the Spirit of Prophecy says that they did.

Folks here is a shocker to some, God does not need 3abn satellites or Amazing facts to complete his work. Actually, I think these ministries become a soothing balm to many people allowing them to send their money and believe that they are doing Gods bidding. For much to long the people of God have been fooled and tricked into a sleep and slumber. Sickness abounds and we have a drought of the power of God. Even the health message is watered down to the point of a carrot and soybean, lettuce and gluten. But I have personally seen more people on the health kick getting sick than those eating meat and cheese. I asked myself why that was happening and I realized that the people of God are asleep to the spiritual things of God. That is why they need more upbeat music to make them happy or every now and then a good movie played in church.

We have heaped praise on these leaders telling them how they are needed to do the work of God and so when they go around acting like we told them we get upset. They are not humble but they are hirelings being paid to do a job (not all but many). We meaning you and I need a wake up call because we are living in fairy land. Satan is not playing he is trying his best to keep us occupied while the world dies for the real truth and that truth is Jesus the power to save heal the sick and mend the broken hearted

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 8 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #120

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 8 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]194706[/snapback]

If you don't know, then I don need to tell you, but I will anyway,because I know.....never mind. Anyway. Gurl it was HECKA embarrassing and awkward for Brandy to be in that position. If that man asked, I know he wasn't the only one. Also, I ain't got no problem saying that Danyy was still playing the victim to people who didn't know he had already "moved on". He just moved Brandy on by them, where she went to the booth to field embarrassing and awkward questions by alone, while Danny played wounded celebrity. She sould have kicked his his sorry behind right to the curbed that big ole, 3ABN truck was parked on! He took advantage. Simple. He should have thanked them for their prayers and support, told them how good God had been, and introduced them to Brandy, new love of his life......"Isnt' she cute?"....and they both went to the table and face any unfortunate situations together.....but NO! That would have been too much like right and above board.

Ain't no shame in my game, Gurl. Now, anymore questions?

Y'all ecuse me while I replace my tiara, and my earrings...........

Diane. You weren't there, you don't know how the people felt, or all this stuff you are adding, regarding motives and intents and why, etc...

and gurl... It's still gossip.

Have you seen my signature?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: May 8 2007, 10:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church