Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13481&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:32:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10 Commandmants Weekend, (moved from Lawsuits Filed thread)
shinejoy
post May 6 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,195

are they blind or choosing to be blind
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 6 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 6 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]194419[/snapback]

I think they can be one in the same too. dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 6 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 6 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]194416[/snapback]

This is my first post.
I have read and reread all that is on this 3 ABN topic. Read it here and on save 3ABN and on Maritime. I just shake my head. It is hard to believe this is happening in my church. I am disappointed in many ways that the handling of this matter has been treated as if nothing has gone wrong in this ministry.

I watched the "ten Commandments" presentation Sabbath and Sunday, I feel distressed , there was a cloud hanging over what could have been a blessing because the words applied to the errors of 3 ABN but was not meant for reproof.

Revival in our churches [DB] among our people is being called for but how can the Holy Spirit use vessles that are not empty?

If i remember council, the "finishing of the work" will not be by famous evangelists but by the humble quiet meek person that is willing for God to set him on fire. When the work is finished in our own hearts.....He will finish the work in the world. He will have a people whose mind is stayed on Him, not on the immpressive resume of man.
When we stop doing evangelism "our way"....God can use those that are willing to follow His way.

welcome.gif and A-a-amen sista!

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 6 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #34

It so hard to listen DS anymore now its hard to listen DB

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 6 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]194420[/snapback]

I think they can be one in the same too. dunno.gif

i think then they are ignoring the truth and choosing there own way and not Gods

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 6 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 6 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]194422[/snapback]

What is difficult for me is keeping my balance in this. While you sit and watch people you would think were respectable examples, behave in ways that are dissapointing, you can become a bit numb about it all, and that is just what the devil would like to happen to those of us that are paying close attention. Let us keep our eyes on Jesus, realize that He has watched this kind of nonesense since the beginning of time, and I yearn to see things through His eyes - keep the faith of Jesus, and learn to smile at my neighbor, knowing that that is the best way to reach people. I have had my fill of evangelism....I just wonder how really affective it can be anymore....I know, I know, some will disagree, but, honestly....I get a bit nausiated thinking of trusting any more "evangelists". Some detachement can hang in the back ground (obviously) from real people, and I think it's to easy to lose touch with what really matters. You can say one thing, but when you live another, how positive is that? I'm rambling...been thinking a great deal about all this...as usual.

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 6 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]194422[/snapback]

i think then they are ignoring the truth and choosing there own way and not Gods

That's how it appears for sure. Think they will pay attention to perspective? Because I can tell you, we that speak here, are the tip of the iceberg too...I think they should listen.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 6 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 6 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]194423[/snapback]

What is difficult for me is keeping my balance in this. While you sit and watch people you would think were respectable examples, behave in ways that are dissapointing, you can become a bit numb about it all, and that is just what the devil would like to happen to those of us that are paying close attention. Let us keep our eyes on Jesus, realize that He has watched this kind of nonesense since the beginning of time, and I yearn to see things through His eyes - keep the faith of Jesus, and learn to smile at my neighbor, knowing that that is the best way to reach people. I have had my fill of evangelism....I just wonder how really affective it can be anymore....I know, I know, some will disagree, but, honestly....I get a bit nausiated thinking of trusting any more "evangelists". Some detachement can hang in the back ground (obviously) from real people, and I think it's to easy to lose touch with what really matters. You can say one thing, but when you live another, how positive is that? I'm rambling...been thinking a great deal about all this...as usual.
That's how it appears for sure. Think they will pay attention to perspective? Because I can tell you, we that speak here, are the tip of the iceberg too...I think they should listen.

YEA interesting words BALANCE,Respectable examples, numb how right you are that is what i have always thought people can get so comfortable that when something questionable happens it just whizzs by them and they miss it. i think the devil has his sneeky ways beware and watch as a it will come upon you like a thief in the night or are lamps have no oil spoton.gif

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 6 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 6 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]194419[/snapback]

No one is so blind as the one who will not see. Or the ones.

Isaiah 29:13-15.

Matthew 15:7-20.

Edited. Disappointed with self for earlier post.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 6 2007, 10:56 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 6 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(mozart @ May 6 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]194350[/snapback]

Did not God often order his servants to ACT !!!!!!!! against sin and evil???????

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr............... wallbash.gif
If i had not spoken up after 3 in my family had been abused, it's very likely the youngest would have been the 4th. it took tremendous courage on my part, Praise the Lord. it was a grievous time writing the letter that ended the abuse and the letter that also ended my relationship with my father.
i did not want the relationship with my father to end, but the fact he denied all and was not repentent, made me the outcast. my father wanted to remove me from his will because of that but my mother would not let him do that even tho' she, herself will not admit she believes us. my sister would not and did not defend her own child for lack of courage and fear of dis-inheritence. so being silent is not always for the reasons people think. the reasons are vast and the longer people are silent, the more innocence is lost forever and "little" lives are permanently altered.
I also want to add that I have forgiven my father long ago and also the tremendous amount of emotional abuse from my mother. I have showed my appreciation for the "good" they did and for taking good physical care of us even tho' they were failures at raising us emotionally healthy. that has taken me most of my life to heal from.
Here's a good quote: "It's a lot easier to raise a healthy child than it is to fix a broken adult".

mozart,

Praise God that you had the courage to speak up and break at least part of the cycle of abuse! As I reflect on the number of members right here on BSDA who have been touched by this devastating experience, I begin to wonder just how pervasive it is in our present time. Satan certainly knows how effective it is in turning a whole chain of lives upside down.

When I read about your sister's sad choices, it brought to mind another situation that may be driven by similar motivations. There are alleged victims whose voices are being ignored. Could it be that some in leadership want access to the "technological inheritance" so desperately that they are willing to keep silent and not investigate the allegations for themselves? I pray that these leaders will seek God's will and way and not be influenced by earthly power.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 6 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 6 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]194412[/snapback]

Isn't that wonderful that Jesus was there to make that miracle happen. But, as it is now, events such as these cost a great deal of money. Thankfully we know though, that no price can be put on the souls that will be won and the hearts that will be changed through the messages of this TCW.
And you're a Pastor? Lord have mercy on us.

Sister Eirene,
I was only able to watch the first two hours of TCW. I must tell you that I was so blessed by the message the Holy Spirit gave through Dwight Nelson I hope to be able to watch the program again and again. I pray fervently that each of those in leadership at 3abn and at Amazing Facts will listen to what the Lord had for each of us in that message about the two greatest commandments.

Please remind Danny and his Board that those souls outside the 3abn doors in the little town of Thompsonville are priceless as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 7 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,517

I have watched 3ABN for years, I loved the times on the porch with Linda. I loved the aging Fluffy and when i realized that danny was not a dog lover...he became suspect. "never trust anyone that does not love dogs"....my words of wisdom. I am such a dog lover.

Long before this all happened at 3ABN, I had to stop listening to Danny. When he interviewed guests that i wanted to hear, he was usually the one that talked, interupted and stole the show. I got to "mute" danny for fear i would have to hear "counteract the counterfeit" one more time.

Suddenly, Linda was gone, and with her departure went the warmth and softness of 3ABN. I still watched but only the the programs that were not by 3ABN inhouse people.

I wondered what had happened and a friend directed me to this sight and for months i have been reading here. What a sad story this is. I surely am glad that there is an all knowing God of justice that will make the last call on this matter. Until this time, I appreciate what you all are trying to do to prod the earthly powers of this church to rectify so many wrongs. May they ask for wisdom and strength to be stedfast in this work. yes.gif

--------------------

God's blessings to you all

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post
maggiecttr
post May 7 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #41

Member No.: 3,067

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 7 2007, 08:16 AM) [snapback]194445[/snapback]

Long before this all happened at 3ABN, I had to stop listening to Danny. When he interviewed guests that i wanted to hear, he was usually the one that talked, interupted and stole the show. I got to "mute" danny for fear i would have to hear "counteract the counterfeit" one more time.

Suddenly, Linda was gone, and with her departure went the warmth and softness of 3ABN. I still watched but only the the programs that were not by 3ABN inhouse people.

Welcome FineArt! I don't post here often, but I'm reading others' posts daily. You took the words right out of my mouth! clap.gif

Hugs,
Maggie

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 7 2007, 06:53 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

SE,
Thank you for these Scriptures.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 6 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]194429[/snapback]

No one is so blind as the one who will not see. Or the ones.

Isaiah 29:13-15.

13 The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men. [b]

14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

15 Woe to those who go to great depths
to hide their plans from the LORD,
who do their work in darkness and think,
"Who sees us? Who will know?"

Matthew 15:7-20.

Edited. Disappointed with self for earlier post.

7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8" 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.'[d]"

10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

12Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?"

13He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides.[e] If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

15Peter said, "Explain the parable to us."

16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

There has been some talk about avoiding the TCW broadcast. Just a thought to ponder - wouldn't it be wise for those of us who are seeking accountability from some in these ministries to keep an ear on what is being said? We would do well not to fall into denial and possibly help sweep things under the rug. If we are upset with the weather, avoiding the weather report does not make it go away, it just makes us unprepared for the storm that is coming.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post May 7 2007, 07:05 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 6 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]194419[/snapback]

I have seen people who chose to be blind to begin with, in little, seemingly inconsequential things. They told themself and others that it didn't matter, that they were in the right, etc, so long that they actually began to believe it. Then as bigger and bigger events occurred, they were so invested in being right that they couldn't back down. And they had told themself and other so often, that they seem to really believe it and will do whatever it takes to prove that they are "right" when everyone else can see it. It is sad--especially when they used to be the kind of person who would see right through the arguments they are using now. sad.gif

shepherdswife

PS--I am speaking here more of DS's actions than of DB's...I agree with what lurker says about DB, in the following post.

This post has been edited by Shepherdswife: May 7 2007, 07:25 AM

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 7 2007, 07:09 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Doug mentioned that he has a window in his office and that he deliberately does not have female friends "except for Grandma". He thinks that men and women should only be friends if there is a certain number of years age difference between them. The implication is that there would be no sexual or romantic attraction between them then.

How different from Danny's actions, both public and private. When I think of the two ministries joining, "Be not unequally yoked comes to mind.

We have heard that Danny has been frank about his motives and actions with people that he feels will approve them or at least will not condemn them. I do not think that Danny has been that frank with Doug. I think that Doug has avoided investigating the talk about 3ABN because he doesn't want to be dragged down by gossip which he considers to be malicious. I honestly do not think he knows or wants to know any of the facts because of his perception of the motives of those who want action. However, his integrity could soon be compromised by association if he suspects the truth and uses his influence to cover for another. And in the eyes of some it already has been compromised.

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 7 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,517

Thanks for the welcomes.

Evangelism/revivals

I once asked my Pastor, when the church was planning for one of the above, "which desciple carried the camera and who carried the screen?" We are told how to conduct our meetings and win souls in the little book of "evangelism", but that is too simple. Man thinks he has to compete in/with the world to get the attention of the people/youth. Where is the wisdom of the "straight testimony" that is the only message that will bring those that seek with all their hearts and reach the searching heart. Where are those that will cry aloud and show the people their sins. Where are those that are willing to step on toes and leave people crying "what must I do to be saved".?

There is a place for the technology of the day, of course, but it is not for us to use, but for God to show us how it is to be used. And that does not include "for self".

Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners. It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit. Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention. Man's Rational has replaced a cry for God's wisdom.

Those that will be sealed will be "crying and sighing" because of the abominations being done in God's church.

The good news is: The church will appear to fall, but does not.
The good news is: If we hang in there doing what the God almighty has for us to do with all our hearts, we will not be asleep when He comes but will go into the wedding supper as a bride.

I'm afraid i just preached a sermon.....sorry hiya.gif
God bless

--------------------

God's blessings to you all

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church