Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13481&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:32:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10 Commandmants Weekend, (moved from Lawsuits Filed thread)
princessdi
post May 7 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It is called "marketing" Lawrence. The more reminders they can send home with you, the more cd sales. Not most famous rock groups, make all, along with rap, soul, pop, anybody who is really serious about making some money. The same with movies and cartoons, especially those develpoed for children. Right now, Dora the Explorer is HUGE! Not to mention SpongeBob and a host of others.

I am not altogether sure that this is a bad thing for the church. The constant reminders of the "message" are good. I think we run into aproblem when we get a glimpse of how much money is made from the reminders........... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 5 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]194267[/snapback]

I think it was explained on some other thread that Remnant Publications prints the books and 3abn pays Remnant publications. Also, Remnant Publications will send them directly to every address in any zip code for a small price per book. As someone has pointed out before, even a few pennies per book as a royalty adds up when hundreds of thousands of books are being moved.

I can't help but remember after it became apparant last year that the Sunday church people who promoted the initial TCW did not follow through with much activity on the actual Sunday of the weekend. Someone said that it was really about selling thier little pins and other articles that they were pushing to the local churches, and not so much about activities on the weekend. My thought was that Danny sure picked up on that one in a hurry. I don't want to sound too cynical or mean, but things like t shirts, books, coffee mugs and other such incidental products can add up to a lot of money. I have heard that some of the big famous rock groups and pop entertainers travel with a big semi truck filled with t shirts etc. that bring in a significant amount of cash.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 7 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

welcome FA, so good to have you here. we have all been where you are, myself just a couple of months ago, my heart aching at these revelations. i appreciate the following part of your post so much. i want to say thank you. we must pray for revival within ourselves first and then we must continue to pray for revival in our church and do that even more fervently than we complain and argue about who's right and who's wrong. i think our prayers must be very lacking for some reason. Are we sincere? Is the heart willing? Are we praying God's prayers?

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 6 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]194416[/snapback]

Revival in our churches [DB] among our people is being called for but how can the Holy Spirit use vessles that are not empty?

If i remember council, the "finishing of the work" will not be by famous evangelists but by the humble quiet meek person that is willing for God to set him on fire. When the work is finished in our own hearts.....He will finish the work in the world. He will have a people whose mind is stayed on Him, not on the immpressive resume of man.
When we stop doing evangelism "our way"....God can use those that are willing to follow His way.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 7 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 3,195

i didn't sleep will last night thinking of 3abn i can't remember what i was dreaming but felt so uneasy this morning and very sad. This ten commandent thing should be very exciting for all but some reason i don't know what it is but it isn't to me.I didn't know i was thinking so hard on this.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 7 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 6 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]194435[/snapback]

mozart,
When I read about your sister's sad choices, it brought to mind another situation that may be driven by similar motivations. There are alleged victims whose voices are being ignored. Could it be that some in leadership want access to the "technological inheritance" so desperately that they are willing to keep silent and not investigate the allegations for themselves? I pray that these leaders will seek God's will and way and not be influenced by earthly power.

Glad you caught that.
I was living out of state at the time so that's why it was a letter, it's easier in a letter too because you can say all you have to say and rewrite it to cover everything the way you want to say it without the back and forth emotions of a one-on-one conversation.
about 3yrs. after that, i drove down to their home for a visit and to pick up some furniture my grandmother had left me.
my father became so furious that i would dare come to their home that he went into a rage. i had hoped we might be able to talk, but, he was making threats so my mother made him leave the house before i even got there and stay gone until i could get what i came for and go back home. my daughter and i had driven for 12hrs. to go there and we were there for about 45mins. and then had to turn around and go back home. (i'm so ashamed to be telling this but i'm thinking people may benefit from real life experience, however it is still painful 10yrs. later.)
for 8yrs. i never saw him or spoke to him again. I think this is something that people really fear in familys so they stay silent. it's very painful either way.
After my father died, i went to my mother's for a while and my neice who was abused the worst and whom i had defended so vehemently came by with her mother, my sister. the air was so thick you could cut it. they pretended to be glad to see me but through pursed mouths and squinting eyes i could see and feel something very strong and negative. i believe it was their anger with me for standing up and doing what i did (go figure) i could see that her own mother and mine had manipulated her to beleive it was best kept silent than to go through all the fighting and the grief and the possible, yet probable dis-inheritence. i think when my father threatened to dis-inherit me, that put a lock on everyone else's mouth, except of course, mine and my daughter's.
we've gone over and over this with my mother and she still will not admit the truth. i know she knows who's telling the truth, but she can't bring herself to say it. i told her that was adding to the abuse because it is invalidation and invalidation is like being abused all over again.

what people don't realise is that if they do not speak out, the silent grief is even more painful and it is suffered by only the victim. it is a lonely grief and it is very hard to bear.

i know this is off topic, but i was silent for about 45yrs. about my own abuse but when i found out about my daughter and my neice, that is when i had to stand up! if any of you are in this situation, do not be silent. the burden of shame must be carried by the abuser and not the victim. the only way i know to transfer that is confrontation. that's just what i feel and think from experience. everyone has to make their own decisions.

YOU have acute observation. thank you.
QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ May 7 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]194449[/snapback]

I have seen people who chose to be blind to begin with, in little, seemingly inconsequential things. They told themself and others that it didn't matter, that they were in the right, etc, so long that they actually began to believe it. Then as bigger and bigger events occurred, they were so invested in being right that they couldn't back down. And they had told themself and other so often, that they seem to really believe it and will do whatever it takes to prove that they are "right" when everyone else can see it. It is sad--especially when they used to be the kind of person who would see right through the arguments they are using now. sad.gif

shepherdswife

PS--I am speaking here more of DS's actions than of DB's...I agree with what lurker says about DB, in the following post.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 7 2007, 11:11 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 7 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(mozart @ May 7 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]194476[/snapback]

about 3yrs. after that, i drove down to their home for a visit and to pick up some furniture my grandmother had left me.
my father became so furious that i would dare come to their home that he went into a rage. i had hoped we might be able to talk, but, he was making threats so my mother made him leave the house before i even got there and stay gone until i could get what i came for and go back home.

Thanks for sharing.

No particular connection, a different story, but it reminded me of a Phil Collin's songs...

The key to my survival
was never in much doubt
the question was how I could keep sane
trying to find a way out

things were never easy for me
peace of mind was hard to find
and I needed a place where I could hide
somewhere I could call mine

I didn't think much about it
til it started happening all the time
soon I was living with the fear everyday
of what might happen at night

I couldn't stand to hear the
crying of my mother
and I rememeber when
I swore that, that would be the
last they'd see of me
and I never went home again

they say time is a healer
and now my wounds are not the same
I rang the bell with my heart in my mouth
I had to hear what he'd say

He sat me down to talk to me
he looked me straight in the eyes

he said:

You're no son, no son of mine
You walked out, you left us behind
and you're no son, no son of mine

oh his words how they hurt me, I'll never forget it
and as the time, it went by, I lived to regret it

but where should I go,
and what should I do
you're no son, no son of mine
but I came here for help, I came here for you

Well the years they passed slowly
I thought about him everyday
what would I do, if we passed on the street
would I keep running away

in and out of hiding places
soon I'd have to face the facts
we'd have to sit down and talk it over
and that would mean going back

they say time is a healer
and now my wounds are not the same
I rang the bell with my heart in my mouth
I had to hear what he'd say

He sat down to talk to me
he looked me straight in the eyes

he said:

You're no son of mine

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 7 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Powerful testimonies from several of you!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 7 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

mozart,
There are some, both among victims and those who are aware of the abuse, who find it far too frightening to step out of the denial that keeps them in a semblance of normal life. However, they don't realize that by taking that first terrifying step out of the secrecy they are allowing the healing process to begin.

If only we could care less about our "images" and more about our actual characters perhaps we would be willing to allow the Lord to help us take the steps necessary to make things right.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 7 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(FineArt @ May 7 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]194445[/snapback]

I have watched 3ABN for years, I loved the times on the porch with Linda. I loved the aging Fluffy and when i realized that danny was not a dog lover...he became suspect. "never trust anyone that does not love dogs"....my words of wisdom. I am such a dog lover.

Long before this all happened at 3ABN, I had to stop listening to Danny. When he interviewed guests that i wanted to hear, he was usually the one that talked, interupted and stole the show. I got to "mute" danny for fear i would have to hear "counteract the counterfeit" one more time.

Suddenly, Linda was gone, and with her departure went the warmth and softness of 3ABN. I still watched but only the the programs that were not by 3ABN inhouse people.

I wondered what had happened and a friend directed me to this sight and for months i have been reading here. What a sad story this is. I surely am glad that there is an all knowing God of justice that will make the last call on this matter. Until this time, I appreciate what you all are trying to do to prod the earthly powers of this church to rectify so many wrongs. May they ask for wisdom and strength to be stedfast in this work. yes.gif

I don't consider a person "not a dog lover" because they don't want an outside dog licking them in the face, or jumping up on them with muddy paws. Danny never mistreated Fluffy and, in fact, liked the dog. The only mistreatment of Fluffy was Linda going off and leaving the dog, forever, knowing how much traveling Ds has to do. Then, all the while that she had no idea what was going on with Fluffy or who was taking care of her, she claimed knowledge of fluffy in a way that insinuated she still had her and was taking care of her.
When Linda departed all the warmth left? Did you ever consider that the warmth was only "there" when the red light on the camera's went on? Ask the workers at 3abn that worked for her and around her, about her "warmth".
Your friend gave you wrong advice to come here. Most of these people are in the same position as you. They have never met any of the people involved, they have never seen any of these allegations with their own eyes. Now they criticize Doug for merging when he does have years of experience working with, dealing with, and truly "knowing" the people involved. What kind of reasoning is used here that those here that know absolutely nothing for themselves, still know, more than someone like Doug who has worked with 3abn for many years. Does that make sense to you? Let's name a few others that have worked with DS and 3abn for years and continue to do so. Jim Gilly, Dwight Nelson, T Marshall, David A., Kenneth Cox, J. Gilmore and many other respected pastors and leaders in the church. Would they continue to risk their own reputations by being involved with 3abn if these allegations were true? How many people can bsda say are corrupt, or using 3abn for personal gain, or they just don't know the truth. They have accused, even ASI of being lopsided and not truthful. Ask yourself how many people, ministries and organizations can be accused of these things before bsda and save 3abn not site starts losing validity with their accusations.
Also, it seems all those listening to Joy and pickle and believing what they say on their site has forgotten one huge, important detail. They are Linda's representatives. This fact has never been discussed in detail here that I have seen, in relation to, their website. It has been totally ignored that: 1. They are not pastors or leaders in the church.
2. They have no investigative or legal credentials of any kind
3. They are not reporters or Dr's or any other titles that they have used.
4. Their only claim to fame is being Linda's representatives which gives them a huge motive for carrying on with their slanderous allegations.
How many times has it been said here on bsda that Linda is keeping quiet and has nothing to do with all of this? Then who is supplying Pickle and Joy with much of their alleged allegations on the inside workings of 3abn?
Let's tie this together. After a somewhat bitter divorce, Joy and pickle become Linda's friends and "representatvies." Those "representatives" start a site slandering and trashing 3abn and it's people. Then Linda's "representatives" who have no credentials whatsoever make allegations and then demand answers from 3abn, DS, and the board including, opening their financial books to Linda's "representatives." When these "demands" are ignored (as they should be) then more allegations, gossip and tall tales are told with the "what does 3abn have to hide" scenerio's.
The 2 people that "work" for Linda "demand" explanations, investigations, answers to their own allegations and so on....Then, all these things are read, repeated and taken as fact and repeated some more. Then the people that are repeating all the lies that they have read and taken as fact have the audacity to question people who are "truly" in the "know" like Doug B and the many others that were named.
People, really, how insane is this situation? How many "smarts" does it take to see what has been going on here and who is behind it? How much intelligence does it take to see that just the merge tells the true tale of the "get 3abn campaign" and the credibility of those behind it.
Those here that stick with believing the gossip and lies, want to believe them. The only alternative to that would be ignorance and no one wants to be accused of that. But, if the shoe fits....

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 7 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

thank you PB
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 7 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]194487[/snapback]

mozart,
There are some, both among victims and those who are aware of the abuse, who find it far too frightening to step out of the denial that keeps them in a semblance of normal life. However, they don't realize that by taking that first terrifying step out of the secrecy they are allowing the healing process to begin.

If only we could care less about our "images" and more about our actual characters perhaps we would be willing to allow the Lord to help us take the steps necessary to make things right.

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 7 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(mozart @ May 7 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]194492[/snapback]

thank you PB

Oh brother people just don't get it

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 7 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Eirene)
Those here that stick with believing the gossip and lies, want to believe them.

I'm confused. Are you talking about their lies, or possibly yours? We don't so much reach conclusions from knowing all your people, or from a familiarity with the so-called details. The picture comes together from a much broader perspective.

Just to illustrate how different perspectives can be, tell us, if you're able, do you understand what 3abn was doing wrong when it lost the court case with the State of Illinois? No comment? That's even more revealing. And you'd like to shape public perception with your DS/LS opinions? No way.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 7 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #57

good job thanks L wave.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 7 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Eirene,
Since you never answer one single question i ask, i won't bother to ask any of you. [avoidance is cowardice]

Question to the public:

Does anybody feel warmth from Mollie?
I never have, she reminds me of a pit bull.

Anyone feel warmth from Kay K.?
None here; like nails on a chalkboard. I have to mute the TV.

How about SQ? Was her slanderous insinuating analogy of Linda's daughter teaming with warmth and love?
NADA, ZIP, NEGATIVO It was teaming with venom. You could see it all over her face.

So, poor fluffy was left behind? Tell your slanderous tales elsewhere eirene. FLUFFY WAS LEFT BEHIND WITH THE NEIGHBORS WHERE SHE STAYED MOST OF THE TIME ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY LET HER STAY IN THE HOUSE AND SLEEP IN THEIR BED!! (THAT IS A QUOTE FROM DANNY AND LINDA) Any woman with an ounce of sense can figure out that Linda loved fluffy and it probably wrenched her heart out to leave her but with all on her plate, my goodness.........she did the right thing. The neighbors loved that dog. Fluffy was left in very good hands.

They have never met any of the people involved, they have never seen any of these allegations with their own eyes.
I have met several and corresponded with WT at length.

4. Their only claim to fame is being Linda's representatives which gives them a huge motive for carrying on with their slanderous allegations.
What were DS, MS, SQ, WT & JL's motives?

Let's name a few others that have worked with DS and 3abn for years and continue to do so. Jim Gilly, Dwight Nelson, T Marshall, David A., Kenneth Cox, J. Gilmore and many other respected pastors and leaders in the church.
Do these pastors, whom i respect, have the time or the ability to investigate for themselves? very doubtful
Do they know any details whatsoever? very doubtful
Have they only heard one side which was most likely not even solicited? most assuredly, yes

All anyone has ever asked for is evidence.
If DS won't give evidence then who should believe him? If, and mostly likely, these men have never heard any details, of course they are going to just wait and see what the authorities decide. At this point, it doesn't affect them personally and they don't have time to delve into what they have been told time and time again is just "the devil trying to destroy the ministry".
This is why we have to get busy with those letters ppl.
to Fine Art,
I say, don't listen to people who want you to stick your head back in the sand. They are trying to make you feel guilty for opening your eyes and looking for yourself. I respect you enough to trust you will come to your own conclusions.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 7 2007, 09:17 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 7 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 7 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]194447[/snapback]
There has been some talk about avoiding the TCW broadcast. Just a thought to ponder - wouldn't it be wise for those of us who are seeking accountability from some in these ministries to keep an ear on what is being said? We would do well not to fall into denial and possibly help sweep things under the rug. If we are upset with the weather, avoiding the weather report does not make it go away, it just makes us unprepared for the storm that is coming.

I have people I trust online and offline who watch these things faithfully with and without an ear to what's going on. We didn't do anything with the weekend, first of all because I didn't think about it (three churches is more than enough to think about without external events), but then when I realized it was coming up on us, I mentioned it to no one, because I don't want to give 3ABN a platform in my churches until the house is cleaned out.

Eirene, did you read those texts that PB and I posted? With the things you know you should be ashamed to be posting what you post here. Some say an angel is writing it all down ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 7 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 7 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]194493[/snapback]

Oh brother people just don't get it

???? Could you please unpack your post #55 for me SJ? Did i miss something?

This post has been edited by mozart: May 7 2007, 01:53 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church