Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13535&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Release From Amazing Facts---4-25-07
Daryl Fawcett
post May 26 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

What program (name of program, date, and time) are we talking about here?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 26 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(lurker @ May 26 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]196953[/snapback]

Maybe I am paranoid but I would hope there are multiple copies and that nothing gets lost in the mail.

from my understanding, sending it registered insured mail gets it sent in a locked briefcase which resides in a locked safe each night... takes a little longer but it is SAFE!!

just FYI...

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 26 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i think DS threw some curve balls on that live show that Doug and AF board probably had no idea was going to be said as if it were fact.
Just my opinion.
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 25 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]196832[/snapback]

I really appreciate the NCC President and AF Chairman keeping things real for us. I remember the announcement of the merger on the April 19th Live program and the press releases that followed. While details reportedly still needed to be worked out it was still treated as if the merger was a done deal.

Just one week later, Jim Pedersen emailed the statement "If AF and 3ABN actually merge..." so we can see that, at least in the eyes of the AF Board Chairman, the merger was actually still only a proposal, a possibility.
Now, both Danny and Walt Thompson seem to have done some back-peddling on where the merger actually stands. I wonder just how much input the AF Board had before the merger was announced on April 19th. I also wonder if all those who sat on the 3abn set that evening are, perhaps, thinking it would have been wise to wait for a bit before making that big announcement?

isn't that one of at least 3 excuses for donations to be down?

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 25 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]196852[/snapback]

Can I get a copy? Maybe just that excerpt could be copied.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 26 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

here's my feeble attempt to give my take on this "merger", "venture" (they don't even agree on what to call it ) situation. it is speculative and negative and for this i apologize, but from all i've read and seen so far this is what i think. i think GMc got his spin doctors and attorneys to come up with an amazing sales job to convince DB and AF board of the incredible possibilities and benefits of a joint venture between 3ABN and AF. i think GMc and DS made AF "an offer they couldn't refuse" but told them they had to move quickly for reasons we still do not know. maybe they just hyped the idea so much that out of excitement they couldn't wait to "share the good news" with us all. i underline "reasons" because i think the reasons they gave AF were probably not the real reasons why they wanted to move this into "emergency" mode. i keep asking myself. "why the emergency". remember they kept saying 3abn board had an "emergency meeting"; AF board had an "emergency meeting"; then DB and DS and GMc and a few others had an "emergency meeting" in denver. all this in a couple of days. do you think they might have told DB and AF that God told them to move quickly? it is extremely interesting to me that all those "emergencies" coincided with DS's appearance in court with LS. DS did not know the court would move the hearings to a later date because of technicalities with the attorneys. he did not know that, what he thought might be a huge "exposure to his misdeeds" and create a lot of talk, would not occur at that time. think of the damage that could have been done if things had gone forward at that time? first, there would be lots of talk especially around here about the court case. second, the ten commandments weekend was coming up and one of the issues of that court case could be "the book" profits and talk of that and the TCW occurring at the same time could have gotten very sticky and unprofitable. thirdly, there may have been very little interest in the TCW and they had invested a lot of money in it and needed some "spectacular PR" and fourthly, if they got involved in a merger, any damages that the courts might award to certain others would be held up for quite some time while it is decided who owns what to give to who. it would throw a lot of unexpected technicalities into the mix for opposing attorneys to have to attempt to strategize.
bottom line to me is 3abn needs the PR lift that AF could give them plus the financial manuvures, twists and turns. i think GMc and DS thought they could "snow" DB & AF. (sad to think they'd think to use AF that way) anyway, just pure speculations on my part. i know there are those among you who are a lot smarter and better informed than me and can give really good critiques as to what does or does not fly and/or if any of what i have said makes sense and is reasonable to consider or just my imagination run amuck. tongue.gif
anyway, as i respect all of you, i would like your input and ideas as well. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ May 26 2007, 07:38 AM) [snapback]196942[/snapback]

More that, one might ask, who is in charge, and do they know what they are doing?

It has been correctly pointed out that I posted a false statement at the beginning of this announcement. Well, I had checked sources connected with DB and 3-ABN prior to posting it. They generally agreed, so I posted it. I can not accuse them of intentional deceit. There would be no benefit to them to attempt to deceive me. So, I can only assume that people who thought they were in the "know" were not in the "know." I now wonder if anyone supposedly involve d in this had thought it through before going public.

Whatever the case, it sure presents a view of a failure to properly plan, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 26 2007, 11:51 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 26 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(mozart @ May 26 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]197011[/snapback]

here's my feeble attempt to give my take on this "merger", "venture" (they don't even agree on what to call it ) situation. it is speculative and negative and for this i apologize, but from all i've read and seen so far this is what i think. i think GMc got his spin doctors and attorneys to come up with an amazing sales job to convince DB and AF board of the incredible possibilities and benefits of a joint venture between 3ABN and AF. i think GMc and DS made AF "an offer they couldn't refuse" but told them they had to move quickly for reasons we still do not know. maybe they just hyped the idea so much that out of excitement they couldn't wait to "share the good news" with us all. i underline "reasons" because i think the reasons they gave AF were probably not the real reasons why they wanted to move this into "emergency" mode. i keep asking myself. "why the emergency". remember they kept saying 3abn board had an "emergency meeting"; AF board had an "emergency meeting"; then DB and DS and GMc and a few others had an "emergency meeting" in denver. all this in a couple of days. do you think they might have told DB and AF that God told them to move quickly? it is extremely interesting to me that all those "emergencies" coincided with DS's appearance in court with LS. DS did not know the court would move the hearings to a later date because of technicalities with the attorneys. he did not know that, what he thought might be a huge "exposure to his misdeeds" and create a lot of talk, would not occur at that time. think of the damage that could have been done if things had gone forward at that time? first, there would be lots of talk especially around here about the court case. second, the ten commandments weekend was coming up and one of the issues of that court case could be "the book" profits and talk of that and the TCW occurring at the same time could have gotten very sticky and unprofitable. thirdly, there may have been very little interest in the TCW and they had invested a lot of money in it and needed some "spectacular PR" and fourthly, if they got involved in a merger, any damages that the courts might award to certain others would be held up for quite some time while it is decided who owns what to give to who. it would throw a lot of unexpected technicalities into the mix for opposing attorneys to have to attempt to strategize.
bottom line to me is 3abn needs the PR lift that AF could give them plus the financial manuvures, twists and turns. i think GMc and DS thought they could "snow" DB & AF. (sad to think they'd think to use AF that way) anyway, just pure speculations on my part. i know there are those among you who are a lot smarter and better informed than me and can give really good critiques as to what does or does not fly and/or if any of what i have said makes sense and is reasonable to consider or just my imagination run amuck. tongue.gif
anyway, as i respect all of you, i would like your input and ideas as well. biggrin.gif

From the very little that I know about I think you have come up with the best speculation in great condensed version.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 27 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 27 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]197014[/snapback]

From the very little that I know about I think you have come up with the best speculation in great condensed version.

Rosyroi

Seems so obvious to many of us, but how much will they try to spin, spin, spin? With the aid of 14 lawyers?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 27 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Further condensing and modification of the bolded sentences below.

I think GMc simply gave an ORDER they "couldn't refuse".... with reasons unknown both as to the reason for the order and the reason why they "couldn't refuse".

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 01:48 AM) [snapback]197011[/snapback]

here's my feeble attempt to give my take on this "merger", "venture" (they don't even agree on what to call it ) situation. it is speculative and negative and for this i apologize, but from all i've read and seen so far this is what i think. i think GMc got his spin doctors and attorneys to come up with an amazing sales job to convince DB and AF board of the incredible possibilities and benefits of a joint venture between 3ABN and AF. i think GMc and DS made AF "an offer they couldn't refuse" but told them they had to move quickly for reasons we still do not know. maybe they just hyped the idea so much that out of excitement they couldn't wait to "share the good news" with us all. i underline "reasons" because i think the reasons they gave AF were probably not the real reasons why they wanted to move this into "emergency" mode. i keep asking myself. "why the emergency". remember they kept saying 3abn board had an "emergency meeting"; AF board had an "emergency meeting"; then DB and DS and GMc and a few others had an "emergency meeting" in denver. all this in a couple of days. do you think they might have told DB and AF that God told them to move quickly?

Well, that is certainly what they made the main feature of their public presentation. The question is open as to whether the real orders came from the God of Order.... or the Mcgod who gives orders.... (or possibly in dreams the one looks like the other). scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(roxe @ May 27 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]197003[/snapback]

from my understanding, sending it registered insured mail gets it sent in a locked briefcase which resides in a locked safe each night... takes a little longer but it is SAFE!! just FYI...

From my understanding, all "registered insured" means is that it costs more and it gives you a way of tracing it if it disappears.... and tracing doesn't necessarily mean recovery. Besides.. it's a magnitic medium and all sorts of things can happen to mess up a magnitic medium.

My suggestion would be to make... or find someone who can make... a DVD of the video. Send the DVD and keep the video in your own hands. Costs less and a whale of a lot safer.

+Quote Post
howdy
post May 27 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(Johann @ May 27 2007, 03:23 AM) [snapback]197016[/snapback]

Seems so obvious to many of us, but how much will they try to spin, spin, spin? With the aid of 14 lawyers?

Johann many law firms have many lawyers each. Doesn't show a lot of smarts for you to emphasize that 14 lawyers thing.

howdy

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 27 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(howdy @ May 27 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]197039[/snapback]

Johann many law firms have many lawyers each. Doesn't show a lot of smarts for you to emphasize that 14 lawyers thing.

howdy

Just as a point of fact, 14 Lawyers would be considered a small firm in most big cities, even Minneapolis, if I'm not mistaken. That says nothing about thier effectiveness, however.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 27 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(howdy @ May 27 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]197039[/snapback]

Howdy, you may disagree with Johann, but could you be a little more respectful? blink.gif

The point, if I understand him correctly, is that 3ABN is using 14 lawyers in their current legal exercises. That's a lot of lawyers for one case--meaning it's of way more significance than Danny & Walt will even hint to you on television. It's called "bringing out the big guns." And if Garwin McNeilus has used the same firm in the past, it means they're a pretty competent bunch--keeping in mind, in this case, that a "good" lawyer is not necessarily a good person.

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 27 2007, 04:42 AM) [snapback]197026[/snapback]
The question is open as to whether the real orders came from the God of Order.... or the Mcgod who gives orders....

kaPOW! Not sure flesh and blood gave this to you ... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 27 2007, 12:06 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 27 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

howdy,
if you think johann "doesn't show a lot of smarts" then you should show how intelligent you are by giving a response that showed "informative and/or logical reasoning". i'm sure you could have made your point in a more respectful way. insulting doesn't equal information. sad.gif

QUOTE(howdy @ May 27 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]197039[/snapback]

howdy

This post has been edited by mozart: May 27 2007, 12:29 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
howdy
post May 27 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]197055[/snapback]

howdy,
if you think johann "doesn't show a lot of smarts" then you should show how intelligent you are by giving a response that showed "informative and/or logical reasoning". i'm sure you could have made your point in a more respectful way. insulting doesn't equal information. sad.gif

Yes I suppose you are right there Mozart. However I have no way of judging the reliability of people on this board except by their posts. If persons post nonsense it tends to discredit the cause they are trying to support doncha think? I fear that certain persons would not last 5 minutes under cross examination.

howdy

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 27 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(howdy @ May 27 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]197061[/snapback]

Yes I suppose you are right there Mozart. However I have no way of judging the reliability of people on this board except by their posts. If persons post nonsense it tends to discredit the cause they are trying to support doncha think? I fear that certain persons would not last 5 minutes under cross examination.

But none of us are under cross examination.
What may seem to be nonsense to you may not be so to someone else. I have found that people on this forum are generously courteous to each other. Even if you think that what Johann posted was nonsense, that does not call for you to be discourteous to him, now does it? no.gif

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
howdy
post May 27 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

scratchchin.gif
QUOTE(Grith @ May 27 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]197068[/snapback]

But none of us are under cross examination.
What may seem to be nonsense to you may not be so to someone else. I have found that people on this forum are generously courteous to each other. Even if you think that what Johann posted was nonsense, that does not call for you to be discourteous to him, now does it? no.gif

no.gif scratchchin.gif I promise to disagree in a more agreeable way in future

howdy

This post has been edited by howdy: May 27 2007, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 27 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(howdy @ May 27 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]197061[/snapback]

howdy

Howdy, if what you are criticizing is the "14 lawyers" statement by Johann... then perhaps your problem is that you simply haven't read enough of the material on this board.... so you missed out on the stories behind the "14 lawyers" comment.

And as for Johann lasting under crossexamination... I think he would do right well, and not only that, but would be able to lead the examiners into asking just the questions that would give him opportunity to give the answers which he would love to have the judge hear.

It would be very time-consuming, but before you pass a hasty judgment on one of the "old-timers" here, it would really be well to go to their profile and read all that they have written in the contexts in which they were written. If you did that, then you would recognize the stories behind such phrases as the "14 lawyers".

But to give you a little direct help on this one.... this cames from the oft repeated threats that Danny wrote to Johann over the years since Danny fired Johann in May (or maybe it was June) of 2004. Very often these threats included mention of "Garwin's 14 lawyers" whom Johann should be prepared to meet as a result of whatever Johann had done at the moment that was displeasing to Danny. Why not the 18 lawyers that are now listed on the law firm? I have no idea. Maybe they didn't have that many when Danny did his last check on how many there were. Why didn't Johann say 18 rather than 14... well.. he would have to answer that for himself, but... knowing the history as well as I do, I would rather suspect it was because he intended to remind all of us of the numerous threatening letters he received that used that number.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church