Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13535&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Release From Amazing Facts---4-25-07
Fran
post May 27 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Well, we found out 14 was wrong! It is really 17?

My look at this situation from my view.

A law Firm with 17 Lawyers has been retained to this Mysterious, vague, unknown, quizzical lawsuit!

I believe no one here thinks all 14/17 lawyers will fight this case. However, I feel that many feel that there are 14/17 Lawyers at their disposal! Therefore, all bases are covered when and if needed. The realms of this case could expand exponentially.

Many lawyers are present at the trial are there many times only for a show of solidarity and to max out intimidation!

I would guess that this case is all about money! Yep, Joy and Pickles money! How much blood can you get out of a turnip? It does not matter if it is 1 lawyer, or 17! They have hired a firm that has expertise in all these areas. If need be, they are at Danny's disposal, right? If they do not have an area covered, the firm will hire a new lawyer or subcontract one, or something like that!

Now how many of these 14/17 lawyers are Danny's Lawyers? As many as he needs at any given moment! 1-17 could be at his beck and call. That is how I see it. Is it a correct look? Probably not! However, it is what I believe. I believe Danny can have at his disposal up to and including 17 lawyer if it is needed. Will that happen? Probably not! I will have to wait and see.

I have to wait with everyone else to wait until the truth is set free to the public.

I also think that saying that Danny has 1-6 lawyers, 14 lawyers, or even 17 lawyers are as correct as anyone else here. Nobody but the parties of the suit know. I also think the numbers will grow/shrink as days go by. However, at all times Danny will have at his disposal as many as are necessary for this particular suit.

How about that! I succeeded in saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORTH WHILE!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 27 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 12:48 AM) [snapback]197011[/snapback]

[ i know there are those among you who are a lot smarter and better informed than me and can give really good critiques as to what does or does not fly and/or if any of what i have said makes sense and is reasonable to consider or just my imagination run amuck. tongue.gif
anyway, as i respect all of you, i would like your input and ideas as well. biggrin.gif [/color]

Actually the above sentence is the only part of your post that makes any sense. Do you honestly think that AF, DB, GMc, DS and both boards ran to have an emergency merger because DS had a court appearance with LS over marital property? Oh man.....You are really falling off of the deep end with that one.
You state DS did not know the court date would be changed. His lawyers new that Laird did not have an active license to practice IL law which is the very reason that the court date was changed. If his lawyers knew it, one could assume that DS knew it.
Then we have your scenerio of trying to mix AF and 3abn into a marital property case. One has nothing to do with the other. I am quite sure AF and DB is not going to do anything rash because of Danny and Linda's property settlement.
As far as all your speculation here about the merger, how it was announced, what is going on and so on....Did it ever occur to any of you that both ministries have been too busy with their own meetings and events right now to work any further on details. Or has it occured to you there are things that could happen that might make 3abn have second thoughts about a merger. Your assumptions here are always that maybe AF has changed their mind. You might find out if for any reason the merge doesn't happen, it might be the other side to make that decision. Something to think about since a lot of the speculations by the members here, have been proven wrong time and time again.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 27 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

Is there any example of a righteous person in the Bible making threats?

you know the idea of DS making threats using the means of someone else's money is a bit nauseating. it's like a rich kid bragging about all his toys and all his money which he never personally earned.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 27 2007, 10:34 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 27 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(steffan @ May 27 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]197088[/snapback]

Actually the above sentence is the only part of your post that makes any sense. Do you honestly think that AF, DB, GMc, DS and both boards ran to have an emergency merger because DS had a court appearance with LS over marital property? Oh man.....You are really falling off of the deep end with that one.

Well, if a ministry is suddenly down donations in the seven figures, who knows? Desperate times call for desperate measures. And smart people in groups make no better decisions than dumb people in groups. Witness the Challenger and Columbia disasters ... NASA scientists met in groups to make decisions that killed astronauts.

If the group is feeling guilty about something, or has something to hide, they're likely to make even dumber decisions. Evil has a way of cutting its own head off.

Then we have your scenerio of trying to mix AF and 3abn into a marital property case. One has nothing to do with the other. I am quite sure AF and DB is not going to do anything rash because of Danny and Linda's property settlement.

It does matter if Danny was milking his organization and hiding the income! (Notice the if, I'm going on available evidence and not all the blustery wind that sometimes flies up around here.)

As far as all your speculation here about the merger, how it was announced, what is going on and so on....Did it ever occur to any of you that both ministries have been too busy with their own meetings and events right now to work any further on details.

But in competent organizations, the kinds of things that would hold back a merger would be taken care of before said merger was announced publicly on international television. And events that might distract from such a well-planned business deal might be toned down.

Or has it occured to you there are things that could happen that might make 3abn have second thoughts about a merger. Your assumptions here are always that maybe AF has changed their mind. You might find out if for any reason the merge doesn't happen, it might be the other side to make that decision.

3ABN has a lot more to lose if it falls through. AF had a lot of credibility with people who were beginning to have doubts, and I'm guessing when the merger announcement was rushed without AF even convening their board (correct me if I'm wrong!), their credibility began to suffer. I don't think they'd want that to continue.

Something to think about since a lot of the speculations by the members here, have been proven wrong time and time again.

Actually, steffan, this group has been right more than it's been wrong.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 27 2007, 10:53 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
howdy
post May 27 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 27 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]197078[/snapback]

Howdy, if what you are criticizing is the "14 lawyers" statement by Johann... then perhaps your problem is that you simply haven't read enough of the material on this board.... so you missed out on the stories behind the "14 lawyers" comment.

And as for Johann lasting under crossexamination... I think he would do right well, and not only that, but would be able to lead the examiners into asking just the questions that would give him opportunity to give the answers which he would love to have the judge hear.

It would be very time-consuming, but before you pass a hasty judgment on one of the "old-timers" here, it would really be well to go to their profile and read all that they have written in the contexts in which they were written. If you did that, then you would recognize the stories behind such phrases as the "14 lawyers".

But to give you a little direct help on this one.... this cames from the oft repeated threats that Danny wrote to Johann over the years since Danny fired Johann in May (or maybe it was June) of 2004. Very often these threats included mention of "Garwin's 14 lawyers" whom Johann should be prepared to meet as a result of whatever Johann had done at the moment that was displeasing to Danny. Why not the 18 lawyers that are now listed on the law firm? I have no idea. Maybe they didn't have that many when Danny did his last check on how many there were. Why didn't Johann say 18 rather than 14... well.. he would have to answer that for himself, but... knowing the history as well as I do, I would rather suspect it was because he intended to remind all of us of the numerous threatening letters he received that used that number.

Thank you Watchbird for the explanation. So for persons who may not know the background it would have been nice if there had been quotation marks around the "fourteen lawyers". Meantime since I should have caught on I apologise.

howdy

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 28 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

" falling off of the deep end"? If you can insult my opinion, then you can at least say why you think that, can't you? or can you? as usual you can't intelligently and accurately defend your beliefs so you just make insults. that's a waste of time.
You state DS did not know the court date would be changed. His lawyers new that Laird did not have an active license to practice IL law which is the very reason that the court date was changed. If his lawyers knew it, one could assume that DS knew it.
thought you didn't believe in assuming. where's your evidence he knew?
that was not my scenario at all. you apparently didn't follow what i was saying.
As far as all your speculation here about the merger, how it was announced, what is going on and so on....Did it ever occur to any of you that both ministries have been too busy with their own meetings and events right now to work any further on details.
that's a pathetically weak statement steffan.
Or has it occured to you there are things that could happen that might make 3abn have second thoughts about a merger.
are you saying that all those "visions and dreams" might be overruled by the thoughts of men? if that is so, then they really made fools of themselves with all the hype of that "live show" announcement.
Your assumptions here are always that maybe AF has changed their mind.
where did i make that assumption here?
You might find out if for any reason the merge doesn't happen, it might be the other side to make that decision.
that would be interesting since the other side is the one that initiated and pushed things to the point of "emergency" mode.Something to think about since a lot of the speculations by the members here, have been proven wrong time and time again.
which speculations are you referring to?
again you just make erroneous statements and insults but add nothing informative to the discussion.
you might remember some things you have said, as facts you personally are privy to, have been proven wrong as well.
As happens so often, you say much without saying anything. dunno.gif your method of defense is just to insult those you disagree with because you cannot respectfully offer actual information or intelligently contribute to the debate and discussions here.
is someone wrong just because you think they are wrong? are they stupid just because they disagree with you? if you have nothing more to offer than that line of thinking then you simply have nothing to offer steffan. these tactics are those of people who simply just want to disagree but don't have any information or ideas of their own to back them up.
it's apparent that you don't know anymore than the rest of us about why things have happened the way they have or what is "actually" going on.
if you do, then please enlighten us and try to do it without sarcasm and insults. that's just not nessessary and makes it very hard to take you seriously in any way. if you want me to respond to you, then say something constructive, heart-felt or intelligent. thanks, Mo

This post has been edited by mozart: May 28 2007, 12:17 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 28 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]197055[/snapback]

howdy,
if you think johann "doesn't show a lot of smarts" then you should show how intelligent you are by giving a response that showed "informative and/or logical reasoning". i'm sure you could have made your point in a more respectful way. insulting doesn't equal information. sad.gif

No problem, mo! Some people may believe that speaking in riddles is a worse sin than rudeness. We should respect such a conviction. I should apologize for my way of speaking in riddles and letting people draw their own conclusions rather than spelling them out, even if they do not reason like I do.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 28 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

well i guess some of us are just abstract thinkers johann. BTW......."Why is a Raven like a writing desk?"

I mean he could have said, "14 lawyers spinning?!!! what the heck you talkin'bout ?? " dunno.gif
Ever heard about the "BFKLA" ??

(Big Fat Knitting Lawyers Assoc.) happydance.gif *^* 2guns.gif boxing.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ May 27 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]197096[/snapback]

No problem, mo! Some people may believe that speaking in riddles is a worse sin than rudeness. We should respect such a conviction. I should apologize for my way of speaking in riddles and letting people draw their own conclusions rather than spelling them out, even if they do not reason like I do.

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 28 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #69

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ May 27 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]197088[/snapback]

As far as all your speculation here about the merger, how it was announced, what is going on and so on....Did it ever occur to any of you that both ministries have been too busy with their own meetings and events right now to work any further on details. Or has it occured to you there are things that could happen that might make 3abn have second thoughts about a merger. Your assumptions here are always that maybe AF has changed their mind. You might find out if for any reason the merge doesn't happen, it might be the other side to make that decision. Something to think about since a lot of the speculations by the members here, have been proven wrong time and time again.

Steffan,

In retrospect, don't you agree that the merger announcement on April 19 actually sort of qualifies as speculation?

Have you read the emails from the AF Board Chairman? Jim Pedersen makes it very clear that they are still in the process of making up their minds whether or not to go forward with a proposed merger between Amazing Facts and 3abn.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 28 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mozart @ May 28 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]197098[/snapback]

well i guess some of us are just abstract thinkers johann. BTW......."Why is a Raven like a writing desk?"

happydance.gif *^* 2guns.gif boxing.gif
[/color]

Both could be black?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 28 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

As far as all your speculation here about the merger, how it was announced, what is going on and so on.... Or has it occured to you there are things that could happen that might make 3abn have second thoughts about a merger. Your assumptions here are always that maybe AF has changed their mind. You might find out if for any reason the merge doesn't happen, it might be the other side to make that decision.

Actually, I agree with Steffan on this point. Although it seems that AF could have some reasons to back away from this merger and may do so, ever since the merger was announced I have been of the opinion that 3ABN would be the most likely party to withdraw as I believe that 3ABN could have very strong reasons to avoid the likely complications for them that could result from a merger that would involve some of the changes spoken of on the announcement. I have been of the opinion that some of the administration at 3ABN were the party with the most to lose. However, I have wondered how they would accomplish gracefully backing out after the "prophecies" and "visions" that were used as a significant part of the 3ABN side of the announcement.

But then this is all just my opinion.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 28 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]197098[/snapback]

Hmmm... They have both often produced a feeling of dread in the hearts of the superstitious and uneducated? "Nevermore" quoth the Beartrap "nevermore."

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 28 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

14 and/or 17 lawyers? Doesn't matter. One person and God is a majority. Or two people and God are a majority.

It would seem that if you sue and pour more money into a lawsuit than you can recover, it is probably about vengence. Not righteous indignation. Doesn't make the sue-er look like he is living up to the principles he espouses. Isn't good PR for the ministry either. Certainly won't prove the sue-er to be right or bring more donations into the ministry.

By the way, http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_266.html Why is a raven like a writing desk? I don't know but if you take any two objects and compare them, you can probably find some things they have in common and justify any opinion.

This post has been edited by lurker: May 28 2007, 06:23 AM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 28 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I dunno lurker, it may not be good PR for the ministry, but w/o suing, what if the ministry can't survive? You gotta remember, these are the same people who don't seem to understand legal issues. Case in point--the property in the tax lawsuit. By appealing, they don't seem to mind pouring more money into the system for a long shot. Maybe it's more naivety than vengence--or a combination of the two.

One thing some lawyers love is representing people with an endless supply of money. I can't tell you how many times I witnessed one particular law firm, comprised of 21 lawyers, reassure their client (a gov't agency) that they had a solid case. The client finally caught on, after losing a few times, and switched to another smaller firm comprised of 3 attorneys.

What appeared to be going on was that the larger firm would use certain cases to train and support their freshman attorneys and give them some valuable experience at the client's expense. It almost seems immoral to be offering professional legal advice that way, but some issues are not well understood, like personel issues, so even false hope can feel right with gray areas, and the deeper purpose can remain undetected.

One thing that strikes me is to hear bits and pieces about the divorce, then to think about other issues, like these recent decisions and developments. I sense a familiar spirit--do whatever it takes to maintain the appearance of innocence. This is the nature of a "fighter" at work, someone that can't handle losing, and probably can't admit wrong. So, maybe you're right that it's vengence.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post May 28 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 28 2007, 01:31 AM) [snapback]197101[/snapback]

Actually, I agree with Steffan on this point. Although it seems that AF could have some reasons to back away from this merger and may do so, ever since the merger was announced I have been of the opinion that 3ABN would be the most likely party to withdraw as I believe that 3ABN could have very strong reasons to avoid the likely complications for them that could result from a merger that would involve some of the changes spoken of on the announcement. I have been of the opinion that some of the administration at 3ABN were the party with the most to lose. However, I have wondered how they would accomplish gracefully backing out after the "prophecies" and "visions" that were used as a significant part of the 3ABN side of the announcement.

But then this is all just my opinion.

Beartrap, since the dannyscribes like us to have proof of everything before speaking, maybe we should say the ALLEGED "prophecies" and "visions".

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church