Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13633&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Http://savegailon.blogspot.com/, 3ABN's Defense Team's New Website
Skyhook
post Jun 10 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,121

Speaking of media exploiting stereotypes, Hee Haw was especially egregious. It seemed to be patterned after Laugh In and pandered to the dumb hillbilly stereotype with a little touch of vulgarity thrown in. Probably not as much vulgarity as Laugh In. I'm sure some of the famous country music stars who allowed themselves to be used like that were very well paid, but I wonder how they felt about it.
It was said to be one of the 2 most widely watched syndicated TV shows in history, at least at the time. The other one was The Lawerence Welk Show. Does that say something about American taste or what!

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jun 10 2007, 10:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 11 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 10 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]199332[/snapback]

Yes, you're right, Clay!

Being that anyone can say almost anything, I will continue saying what I think (at least I hope so...) smile.gif
Well?...

Well, what about it, 3ABN?

Artiste, good question. What we are dealing with here is apples and oranges. Yes, everyone has the Constitution right of “freedom of speech” to say what they what to say, but not to do what they want to do. SaveGailon site says whatever they want. Can 3ABN do whatever they want to do?

Can they raise founds telling the people it is for missions, and yet spend their money on Lear Jet type plane – the Cessna Citation costing millions of their dollars? As the leaders of the GC and NAD who have to fly commercial, could not Danny do that also?

True, getting to an airport two hours before flights, like the other leaders do of our Church; might be a hardship to Danny, but just think of the millions of donors dollars will be best spent diverted to advance the Everlasting Gospel rather Danny and his cronies on his private jet. Back to the issue here, yes freedom of say, but not the freedom to con. Something to think about, jm(humble)o. smile.gif

+Quote Post
justme
post Jun 12 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 11 2007, 02:20 AM) [snapback]199358[/snapback]

Artiste, good question. What we are dealing with here is apples and oranges. Yes, everyone has the Constitution right of “freedom of speech” to say what they what to say, but not to do what they want to do. SaveGailon site says whatever they want. Can 3ABN do whatever they want to do?

Can they raise funds telling the people it is for missions, and yet spend their money on Lear Jet type plane – the Cessna Citation costing millions of their dollars? As the leaders of the GC and NAD who have to fly commercial, could not Danny do that also?

True, getting to an airport two hours before flights, like the other leaders do of our Church; might be a hardship to Danny, but just think of the millions of donors dollars will be best spent diverted to advance the Everlasting Gospel rather Danny and his cronies on his private jet. Back to the issue here, yes freedom of say, but not the freedom to con. Something to think about, jm(humble)o. :)

Some of my favorite stories have come from our church leaders and evangelists who have been flying commercial airlines. They relate stories of conversations that took place as they sat in their seat next to a stranger. Some of those conversations have resulted in conversions.

Some of those conversations have opened the eyes of our evangelists to the real important issues that troubled souls do experience "out there in the world".

Those who provide their own transportation often miss these intimate experiences; the kinds of experiences that Jesus had while "rubbing shoulders" with "the common man". Those who control every aspect of their life miss out on what is "true and painful in the life of the average soul".

And they miss the opportunity to witness on a personal level without that person ever knowing the (perhaps, lofty) position our man holds. I challenge every witness of Jesus to give a personal witness WITHOUT ever mentioning that one is "President of Blah Blah Blah". But just be humble, to be a friend to the stranger. To shut oneself up in a private world and elevate oneself apart from the "man on the street" is a denial of one's calling before God.

Of course Jesus did not have a jet to help Him travel about. Although His ministry was far more important. He COULD have asked angels to fly Him from place to place. Instead He chose humility. He chose to move about in the midst of those to whom He came to minister. (In contrast to another "anointed one" who loves to point out that he, too, was a carpenter. Some are more like a "wood butcher") Having been a carpenter is no guarantee of having been called by God to do His work on earth. Even having been called does not justify arrogance and "a haughty look /attitude".

If the GC is taking notice and taking action to correct relationships with supporting ministries, then maybe the "tithe" that "self-interested", sorry, "self-supporting" ministries claim they have a right to, ... maybe those tithes and offerings will start going BACK to the SDA church. Do any of the "self-interested", ooops, did it again, "self supporting" ministries still have the feeling that they have a right to the tithes and offerings of church members?

Ministries do accept tithes and at least one of them "justifies" it by saying that there are "more pie$ in the refrigerator".

How long will people support con men who uses our "3 favorite last day messages" to milk us of God's funds? Then $pend, willy nilly while putting a spin on God's last day messages. Instead of just naming minitstries after the last day messages, how about living an example to us by actually LIVING IT!

Babylon in a 'masque" has crept in somewhere along the way into the minds and lives of God's children. The children to whom He gave a sobering message. Abandon the ways of the world! Do not seek power, do not seek wealth, do not seek admiration, do not be indulgent, do not be vengeful, do not be arrogant.

Be humble, be sacrificial, be contrite, be holy, be penitent, be available to God, be industrious, be a peacemaker, be forgiving, be harmless as a dove, be smart as a serpent without acting as one.

We are thrilled to see 3ABN back on Sky Angel. Pray to get Babylon, in all it's forms, out of there.

Oh, how I miss the days of "mending hearts and broken people". Gone forever!

Question: Would you $upport the GC if they/it established rule$ for "$elf-$upporting" ministries to follow before they could call themselves "church $upporting" ministries? What should those rules say? Do you think they could be followed or enforced? Should it be in the form of a logo? or a written-endorsement-line that ministries could diplay?

Would it be enough to withdraw $upport from those who go from "Self-Supporting" to "Self-Righteous", and on to "Self-Interested"?

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 12 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #109

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(justme @ Jun 12 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]199613[/snapback]

Those who provide their own transportation often miss these intimate experiences; the kinds of experiences that Jesus had while "rubbing shoulders" with "the common man". Those who control every aspect of their life miss out on what is "true and painful in the life of the average soul".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Question: Would you $upport the GC if they/it established rule$ for "$elf-$upporting" ministries to follow before they could call themselves "church $upporting" ministries? What should those rules say? Do you think they could be followed or enforced? Should it be in the form of a logo? or a written-endorsement-line that ministries could diplay?

Would it be enough to withdraw $upport from those who go from "Self-Supporting" to "Self-Righteous", and on to "Self-Interested"?

Just me hiya.gif

Thank you for your post and questions. There are so many ideas here but I will respond to two of them.

There are many business books that recommend that businessmen fly commercial and sometimes for business purposes preferably first class for the very reason that one has opportunities to meet others and network that one would never have otherwise. I find your point in that regard is very well taken and not one I had really thought about before. As someone who traveled extensively for business for many years I did sympathize with DS and the hassles of commercial travel as well the weariness that comes from driving long distances to catch a plane.

As for some type of criteria for approval of these ministries? I for one have absolutely no idea what has been done in the past in this area. Does anyone else? IF not, it sure sounds like an excellent proposal. I wonder if we the common people would have ideas or suggestions some at ASI might not? dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jun 12 2007, 10:45 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 13 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(justme @ Jun 12 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]199613[/snapback]

Some of my favorite stories have come from our church leaders and evangelists who have been flying commercial airlines. They relate stories of conversations that took place as they sat in their seat next to a stranger. Some of those conversations have resulted in conversions.

Some of those conversations have opened the eyes of our evangelists to the real important issues that troubled souls do experience "out there in the world".

And they miss the opportunity to witness on a personal level without that person ever knowing the (perhaps, lofty) position our man holds. I challenge every witness of Jesus to give a personal witness WITHOUT ever mentioning that one is "President of Blah Blah Blah". But just be humble, to be a friend to the stranger. To shut oneself up in a private world and elevate oneself apart from the "man on the street" is a denial of one's calling before God.

Of course Jesus did not have a jet to help Him travel about. Although His ministry was far more important. He COULD have asked angels to fly Him from place to place. Instead He chose humility. He chose to move about in the midst of those to whom He came to minister. (In contrast to another "anointed one" who loves to point out that he, too, was a carpenter. Some are more like a "wood butcher") Having been a carpenter is no guarantee of having been called by God to do His work on earth. Even having been called does not justify arrogance and "a haughty look

Very good post, Justme! wave.gif These are things that many will be thinking about in the future and hopefully many will avoid making the same mistake of helping to build up a very powerful ministry headed by a man and a board who seek to put the stamp of approval on just about anything as long as the "end justifies the means". I guess the only real power the church member has is the pocketbook and we need to keep that in mind.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 13 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(justme @ Jun 12 2007, 10:17 AM) [snapback]199613[/snapback]

Of course Jesus did not have a jet to help Him travel about. Although His ministry was far more important. He COULD have asked angels to fly Him from place to place. Instead He chose humility. He chose to move about in the midst of those to whom He came to minister. (In contrast to another "anointed one" who loves to point out that he, too, was a carpenter. Some are more like a "wood butcher") Having been a carpenter is no guarantee of having been called by God to do His work on earth. Even having been called does not justify arrogance and "a haughty look /attitude".

If the GC is taking notice and taking action to correct relationships with supporting ministries, then maybe the "tithe" that "self-interested", sorry, "self-supporting" ministries claim they have a right to, ... maybe those tithes and offerings will start going BACK to the SDA church. Do any of the "self-interested", ooops, did it again, "self supporting" ministries still have the feeling that they have a right to the tithes and offerings of church members?

Ministries do accept tithes and at least one of them "justifies" it by saying that there are "more pie$ in the refrigerator".

How long will people support con men who uses our "3 favorite last day messages" to milk us of God's funds? Then $pend, willy nilly while putting a spin on God's last day messages. Instead of just naming minitstries after the last day messages, how about living an example to us by actually LIVING IT!

Babylon in a 'masque" has crept in somewhere along the way into the minds and lives of God's children. The children to whom He gave a sobering message. Abandon the ways of the world! Do not seek power, do not seek wealth, do not seek admiration, do not be indulgent, do not be vengeful, do not be arrogant.

Be humble, be sacrificial, be contrite, be holy, be penitent, be available to God, be industrious, be a peacemaker, be forgiving, be harmless as a dove, be smart as a serpent without acting as one.

We are thrilled to see 3ABN back on Sky Angel. Pray to get Babylon, in all it's forms, out of there.

Oh, how I miss the days of "mending hearts and broken people". Gone forever!

justme, you should write a BOOK! That was good. I flown many commercial flights witness to others sitting next to me. I just love your, Freudian slips, "'self-interested', sorry, 'self-supporting' ministries." I sure would support the GC, more so if the did establishe "rule$ for '$elft-$upporting' ministries." I like your ideas, smile.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 13 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #112

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

TVsnack.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 18 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 23 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]196622[/snapback]

Wow. I wish I were shocked, but having been on this board with the danny fingers, it looks like they're poking around somewhere else. Clearly the work of the same folks. I guess they wanted a one-way conversation.

Before I had accused them of being on the payroll of 3ABN. But this blog does not work to support 3ABN. Kinda ... dirty. Sheesh. Is this the best they can do?

I just went to the savegailon site to look it over and my first reaction was shock! I guess I should not be... but I just cannot imagine anyone saying this kind of stuff about anyone! The site is absolutely terrible.... trashing a number of individuals. How could anyone stoop so low? This does not look good for 3abn to have someone like this on their side and putting out this kind of PR. They can forget the ones they might think are their enemies and concentrate on the so called "friends" who are destroying them. So sad to see.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 18 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #114

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

r4h,

The important phrase is "so-called friends" because we really don't know which "side" has created this site. It could be a demented supporter thinking they are helping 3abn, it could be demented antagonist who somehow thinks this will wound 3abn and it could be a demented comedian from neither "side" who is trying to make a statement of some kind.

My opinion is to simply avoid this demented site.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 18 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i totally agree PB. i still haven't even gone there. the comments you guys have made about it are enough to tell me there's nothing there i want to see. sounds to me like a demented jokester from neither side; not a Christian either. just someone making fun of those of us who take this seriously whichever side we are on. it's not worth putting that filth in our minds just out of curiousity. the devil has a way of bringing those words and images back to us. we must remember "what we behold, we become".

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 18 2007, 07:17 AM) [snapback]200347[/snapback]

r4h,

The important phrase is "so-called friends" because we really don't know which "side" has created this site. It could be a demented supporter thinking they are helping 3abn, it could be demented antagonist who somehow thinks this will wound 3abn and it could be a demented comedian from neither "side" who is trying to make a statement of some kind.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 18 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #116

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 18 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]200347[/snapback]

r4h,

Yeah! What you said!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 18 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 18 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]200384[/snapback]

i totally agree PB. i still haven't even gone there. the comments you guys have made about it are enough to tell me there's nothing there i want to see. sounds to me like a demented jokester from neither side; not a Christian either. just someone making fun of those of us who take this seriously whichever side we are on. it's not worth putting that filth in our minds just out of curiousity. the devil has a way of bringing those words and images back to us. we must remember "what we behold, we become".

The reason I lean towards the SaveGailon site being put out by the 3ABN camp is that someone who was not closely connected to this whole complex progression of events would have had to spend an extensive period of time reviewing save3abn and BSDA as well as coming up with the appropriate Bible and SOP quotes that are sprinkled throughout.

Someone is providing this material who seems to have a close connection with and cares deeply about the subjects here. They also seem to keep up with events that are happening.

I get the impression that the more recent and increased attacks on LS might be connected to her current publicized appearances, speaking and singing.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 18 2007, 03:13 PM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 18 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 18 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]200409[/snapback]

The reason I lean towards the SaveGailon site being put out by the 3ABN camp is that someone who was not closely connected to this whole complex progression of events would have had to spend an extensive period of time reviewing save3abn and BSDA as well as coming up with the appropriate Bible and SOP quotes that are sprinkled throughout.

Someone is providing this material who seems to have a close connection with and cares deeply about the subjects here. They also seem to keep up with events that are happening.

I get the impression that the more recent and increased attacks on LS might be connected to her current publicized appearances, speaking and singing.

I agree with you Artiste. At first I dismissed it all until I saw all the documents posted everywhere with detailed information about B.Kerr and LS.

I know an individual who wrote to 3abn about the site...they wanted to know if 3abn was behind the site and they wanted 3abn to make a statement against the site. The response was something like "I can only say that I do not know....it definitly is not a production of 3abn....I do not know and cannot say whether supporters of 3abn may be involved, but that is beyond our control". From my friend's information, (per the response she got from 3abn)....W.T.'s wife is keeping up with the posts...reading them I mean. I am NOT implying that she is responsible for the site in any way but I took the comment to mean that she is keeping up with all the information that is out there.

This post has been edited by runner4him: Jun 20 2007, 05:47 AM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 18 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 18 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]200438[/snapback]

...they wanted 3abn to make a statement against the site. The response was something like "I can only say that I do not know....it definitly is not a production of 3abn....I do not know and cannot say whether supporters of 3abn may be involved, but that is beyond our control".

Very interesting!

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 18 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 18 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]200438[/snapback]

I agree with you Artiste. At first I dismissed it all until I saw all the documents posted everywhere with detailed information about B.Kerr and LS.

I know an individual who wrote to 3abn about the site...they wanted to know if 3abn was behind the site and they wanted 3abn to make a statement against the site. The response was something like "I can only say that I do not know....it definitly is not a production of 3abn....I do not know and cannot say whether supporters of 3abn may be involved, but that is beyond our control". From my friend's information, (per the response she got from 3abn)....W.T.'s wife is keeping up with the posts...reading them I mean.

It appears to me that 3ABN admin don't seem to be too upset or unhappy the site is out there.
jmho
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church