Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13633&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:46 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Http://savegailon.blogspot.com/, 3ABN's Defense Team's New Website
Observer
post Jun 3 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 3 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]198114[/snapback]

Adventist lawyer????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're kidding. wow,
what lawyer would have the time or inclination to do something like that?

Yes, and as he has some sort of a relatonship with the SDA Church, and believes that he would be professionally injured if his true name were associated with what he posts, he would take great offense if someone were to post his actual name anyplace.

Several of us know who that person actually is.

I reviewed the website, and I have reservations that he would stoop so low as that website has gone. Although I do credit him with the literary skills to produce such. I am just having a hard time thinking of him going that low.

He and I certainly crossed over in Club Adventist when it allowed 3-ABN discussions.

There have been times when he has had multiple pen-names under which he posted. He could get quite some conversations going with himself. if he wanted to do so.

Here is what I think may (?) happen, if he is reading here in BSDA:

1) If he is actually not involved with that website, he will contact me personally, identify himself by his real name, and tell me that he is not involved with it.

2) On the other hand, he may threaten me if I reveal his true name. He does not want it known. But, in my mind, a lawsuit would do him much more harm than good.

We shall see what happpens.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 3 2007, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

roflmao.gif
well it takes all kinds to make the world go round they say. i have always been known to think the best instead of the worst in people (until they prove me wrong), so i can't imagine it. i just can't believe that someone would spend all those years in law school and find their time was well spent doing such things. i haven't thought it even worth my time to read from those sites and i don't even have a college degree. although i sound like i do. roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
sounds like a sociopath to me. i think this person needs some serious mental help. reminds me of something a very bored teenager would do. ugh. thumbdown.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 3 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]198116[/snapback]

Yes, and as he has some sort of a relatonship with the SDA Church, and believes that he would be professionally injured if his true name were associated with what he posts, he would take great offense if someone were to post his actual name anyplace.

Several of us know who that person actually is.

I reviewed the website, and I have reservations that he would stoop so low as that website has gone. Although I do credit him with the literary skills to produce such. I am just having a hard time thinking of him going that low.

He and I certainly crossed over in Club Adventist when it allowed 3-ABN discussions.

There have been times when he has had multiple pen-names under which he posted. He could get quite some conversations going with himself. if he wanted to do so.

Here is what I think may (?) happen, if he is reading here in BSDA:

1) If he is actually not involved with that website, he will contact me personally, identify himself by his real name, and tell me that he is not involved with it.

2) On the other hand, he may threaten me if I reveal his true name. He does not want it known. But, in my mind, a lawsuit would do him much more harm than good.

We shall see what happpens.

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 3 2007, 04:15 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 3 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 3 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]198131[/snapback]

roflmao.gif
well it takes all kinds to make the world go round they say. i have always been known to think the best instead of the worst in people (until they prove me wrong), so i can't imagine it. i just can't believe that someone would spend all those years in law school and find their time was well spent doing such things. i haven't thought it even worth my time to read from those sites and i don't even have a college degree. although i sound like i do. roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
sounds like a sociopath to me. i think this person needs some serious mental help. reminds me of something a very bored teenager would do. ugh. thumbdown.gif

That's OK Mozart... you don't have to imagine it. It's just another case where "truth is stranger than fiction".... and sadder too, I might add. blink.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

boy you got that right !!
QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 3 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]198134[/snapback]

That's OK Mozart... you don't have to imagine it. It's just another case where "truth is stranger than fiction".... and sadder too, I might add. blink.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 3 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #95

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well, if indeed, he is this lawyer to whom you all refer, then he will enjoy the reaction he gets from several others even more.

QUOTE(inga @ Jun 3 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]198091[/snapback]

Come to think of it, that's exactly the kind of thing he would do.

I can't believe I didn't think of it. doh.gif You get an *A+* for that, Fran. clap.gif

For those not 'in the know,' the "Voltaire wannabe" is an Adventist lawyer who prowls various Adventist fora. His stock-in-trade is the assumption of persona far removed from his actual identity. On ClubAdventist, he assumed the persona of an ultra-conservative woman for the sake of stirring things up. It was a way of poking fun at conservatives -- especially if they fell into the trap of agreeing with him -- and a way of stirring up the liberals to argue with him/her. He seems to enjoy the brouhaha he creates.

Whoever is doing the blogspot is doing exactly the same thing -- pretending to be on 3ABN's side, pretending to be black -- stirring up folks on all sides. There's not a lot of folks interested in Adventism who have this trademark. In fact, although I've also browsed many fora, there's only one with this particular trademark and this particular skill.

And, Di, that's why I would recommend just ignoring this site. I suspect he's enjoying the reaction he's getting here.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 6 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

I notice that the "Save Gailon Joy" web site continues to post every week or several days.

Today's post addresses the accusations of spending too much money on a private jet.

It seems likely to me that this really is a defense for 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jun 7 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 3 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]198114[/snapback]
Adventist lawyer????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're kidding. wow,
what lawyer would have the time or inclination to do something like that?

(here is a not too long ago extracted posting from ClubA about the pseudo-drag queen you all were just talking about….)

My dear Woof,
The late Mrs. Margaret Gray was widely known in other circles (i.e., online forums) for, among other things, her polemics against the "gossip and innuendo" she was convinced in her wooden mind was being proliferated by those who opposed rather than toed the party line (party = 3ABN, Danny Shelton, and his board in this case). It became quite an obsession with her. Her diatribes, ensconced in a wide-ranging panoply of legal sounding juridicies, served well to distract the faithful from the real issues at hand. They gazed fearfully inward, alarmed that they might be partaking of such heinous proclivities, thereby distracted from the larger issues which had been at hand. Curiously, upon her "untimely demise" last year, she was reincarnated corporately shortly thereafter by her minions, who are legion; and they continue to this day to remain banded together, a Club loving group, in the schoolboys' online game-playing fellowship they'd held when they had been pulling her strings. That reincarnation, called the Memorial Foundation, is headquartered in California, but has members scattered far and wide. They keep on truckin' with hardly a missed beat. As for Margaret's early history, she herself was, in fact from her very inception, but one of the many assorted unstable personalities of her squired creator. (Or perhaps it is the squire who was unstable?) Of course, California, as we all know, is world famous as a haven for such things as these, so I suppose all this is to be expected.

Now, against this backdrop, Woof, I see you wielding MargaretGray's cudgel mightily here once more, castigating purveyors of gossip and innuendo as always, and in exactly the same manner, taking up that cudgel as only she was able to do.

Are you risen back from the dead, Margaret? ... reincarnated to bay at the moon some more, er, I mean bark -- if so, it's deja vu all over again!

NormF

( a view of the offending person at his work place as vice-president :

http://www.churchstate.org/article.php?id=2&PHPSESSID=115eb3e38af82721d0816cd65b41f161 )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 7 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 6 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]198682[/snapback]

I notice that the "Save Gailon Joy" web site continues to post every week or several days.

Today's post addresses the accusations of spending too much money on a private jet.

It seems likely to me that this really is a defense for 3ABN.

Just went and read the new things posted. It seems that "Leroy" has softened his fake accent a bit and left the stronger fake accents to those supposedly writing in with their questions. Whoever wrote that blog needs a serious wake-up call. Not funny, not entertaining, not accurate and not nice.

If I had the author's ear for a moment I don't know if I would make a firm statement encouraging the author to remove the distasteful blog or if I would just reach out and give the ear a good, firm pinch.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

In checking the "Save Gailon Joy" website, I notice that it has reached new lows.

I think something should be done about it.

If personnel from 3ABN are not responsible for this website, they need to step up and say so. Otherwise we will assume that they *are* the source!

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 10 2007, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 10 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 10 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]199269[/snapback]

In checking the "Save Gailon Joy" website, I notice that it has reached new lows.

I think something should be done about it.

If personnel from 3ABN are not responsible for this website, they need to step up and say so. Otherwise we will assume that they *are* the source!

this is the internet anyone can say just about anything.... remember it is those from the danny camp who felt that something should be done about bsda because in their opinion the discussion here had reached a new low.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 10 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 10 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]199275[/snapback]

this is the internet anyone can say just about anything.... remember it is those from the danny camp who felt that something should be done about bsda because in their opinion the discussion here had reached a new low.....

Clay, a VERY good point. We must stand for the "freedom of the press" regardless how low it is getting on saveGailon site is. For sure, ARTISTE is right, that sight is pretty bad! And if 3ABN is so proud over having it there in all what is going on that site, shows their true colors. Could it not be said that what is going on saveGailon site itself is a paradigm of 3ABN’s character?

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 10 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

Steffan,

I am curious to know your take on this website. Do you agree with the statements on the site?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 10 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]199275[/snapback]

Yes, you're right, Clay!

Being that anyone can say almost anything, I will continue saying what I think (at least I hope so...) smile.gif

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 10 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]199285[/snapback]

Steffan,

I am curious to know your take on this website. Do you agree with the statements on the site?

Well?...

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 10 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]199284[/snapback]

Clay, a VERY good point. We must stand for the "freedom of the press" regardless how low it is getting on saveGailon site is. For sure, ARTISTE is right, that sight is pretty bad! And if 3ABN is so proud over having it there in all what is going on that site, shows their true colors. Could it not be said that what is going on saveGailon site itself is a paradigm of 3ABN’s character?

Well, what about it, 3ABN?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 10 2007, 07:59 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 10 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #104

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 2 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]197916[/snapback]

Well, the Dukes of Hazzard stereotypes aren't exactly helpful. I agree that the mainstream media is by-and-large racist, but they also tend to portray poor whites in a very negative light as well. Could it be that it isn't just about race, but about class as well?
Come on, "do the right thing" and give some of us some credit ...

SE you seem to have missed the point I am making to PB. Her bringing up the DOH suggests to me that she does not seem to be aware that the depiction of those stereotypes have their origination with other white folks. Her argument about how whites are stereotyped is faulty. Read her comment again. And the suggestion, regarding Spike Lee, was not for folk who likely know who he is. smile.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 10 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #105

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jun 10 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]199335[/snapback]

SE you seem to have missed the point I am making to PB. Her bringing up the DOH suggests to me that she does not seem to be aware that the depiction of those stereotypes have their origination with other white folks. Her argument about how whites are stereotyped is faulty. Read her comment again. And the suggestion, regarding Spike Lee, was not for folk who likely know who he is. smile.gif

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=197746

My point, Sera, was that I do understand that the white media has created and exploited stereotypes of black men and women for profit, and that those very stereotypes have had an immense impact on our (all inclusive "our" here) society. My reference to DOH was to show that the white media also exploits stereotypes of other people/groups as well. Cartoons have been rife with stereotypes as well, such as the character Speedy Gonzales, and many in Disney's Dumbo. Any stereotype of any group will have an effect on those viewing it, some more devastating than others.

BTW, Wikipedia has another interesting article on Lincoln Perry.

Just curious, Sera who you think are the folk unlikely to know Spike Lee?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church