Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13684&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reason For Divorce, Is lusting grounds for divorce?
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 29 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #46

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 29 2007, 07:25 PM) *
Aletheia,

As this thread within the 3abn Forum is called "Reason For Divorce" and it has been primarily dealing with the validity of the divorce of Danny Shelton and Linda Shelton, it was natural that I assumed your post about adultery was being directed to the subject at hand. If you would prefer to wax pastoral without it being tied in to the 3abn saga, perhaps the Theology forum or Praise and Devotion forums would be the best arena.

Please keep in mind, Aletheia, that this is a forum and we discuss things. I'm sorry for your sorrow and disappointment that some may have judged your motives or intent. I hope you can understand how such a thing might happen when posting in this particular forum. We all are "victims" of such.

PB

That was nice of you Peaceful...but I say bump that.

Why?

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD!!! So what do we do??

We make statements.

We ask questions.

We make statements again.

We discuss said questions and statements.

Sometimes the statement/question is addressed to you; sometimes it is not.

Either way...we DISCUSS!

I (as well as admin monitors on the board) have said it before.....

If you don't want anyone to "read into", "make statements toward", or "discuss" what you say...then don't say it - point blank.

Peacefully was being nice...but to be honest if you open the door a breeze will come in. If you don't like the breeze then keep the door closed or put on a coat and bear with it.

Take ya pick.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 29 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

PrincessDrRe,

Although I did mention the "discuss" nature of the forum in my second paragraph, I fully defer to you. Bump away my dear! spoton.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 29 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

[quote name='Aletheia' date='Aug 29 2007, 11:34 AM' post='212765']
I have a question. Actually I've had it for quite awhile.

Jesus said:
Mat 5:27 -28Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. {/b]

So we can see how God's commandments are intertwined and rest on one another."

MAJOR SNIPPAGE OCCURS HERE!

I think you left out a wonderful set of verses from the book of John Chapter 8. I do not think that Mr. Shelton could prove his accusations of adultery. Yet folks have treated the former Mrs. Shelton far worse than the woman in this chapter of John. This is the Jesus I look to for my salvation and redemption.

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.

But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Anyone who took part in the character assassination of Linda Shelton (kinda like stoning only worse cuz you live through it) should be ashamed of themselves. They need to make it right with both Linda and God.

I must also state that in my humble opinion, Linda Shelton was guilty of nothing that would warrant a divorce and her subsequent treatment.

Respectfully,
Willow

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Aug 29 2007, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 29 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Aug 29 2007, 09:25 PM) *
quote name='Aletheia' date='Aug 29 2007, 11:34 AM' post='212765'
I have a question. Actually I've had it for quite awhile.

Jesus said:
Mat 5:27 -28Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. {/b]

So we can see how God's commandments are intertwined and rest on one another."

MAJOR SNIPPAGE OCCURS HERE!
I think you left out a wonderful set of verses from the book of John Chapter 8. I do not think that Mr. Shelton could prove his accusations of adultery. Yet folks have treated the former Mrs. Shelton far worse than the woman in this chapter of John. This is the Jesus I look to for my salvation and redemption.

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.

But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Anyone who took part in the character assassination of Linda Shelton (kinda like stoning only worse cuz you live through it) should be ashamed of themselves. They need to make it right with both Linda and God.

I must also state that in my humble opinion, Linda Shelton was guilty of nothing that would warrant a divorce and her subsequent treatment.

Respectfully,
Willow

Willow;

Thank you! I appreciate and wholeheartedly agree with your post!

After reading so many lies from the guilty section, I was getting fed up with their total disregard for truth.

It is good to read the TRUTH for a change! It needs to be said loud and clear so the world will hear it echoing back and forth across the universe!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 30 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 30 2007, 05:23 AM) *
Re: the replies to my post.

I was implying nothing, I said exactly what I meant.

I was simply trying to discuss the principles and scriptures involved. I guess that was too much to hope for.

If we as Christians aren't able to discuss biblical teaching and principles without trying to judge another's motive or intent, or without making it all personal by bringing in and applying it to other people, or feeling defensive about ourselves or others, or only seeing a condemnation of another in what we're talking about , etc. then I fear for us. sadwalk.gif

I'm sure there must be an appropriate Forum in which to discuss this issues. Just seems like offtopic.gif in this particular thread, if you are not referring to the 3abn saga.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Nandina
post Aug 30 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 4,282

Ezekiel 36:26 foretells a time when God will replace our hearts of stone with hearts of flesh. 2 Corinithians 3:3 talks about God's law, no longer written on stone tables, but on the fleshly tables of our hearts. That was the awesome fulfillment of his promise - His promise that the new covenant would be about a change of heart (eZEKIEL 36:26) which came about with the advent of Jesus Christ.

In Matthew 5, Jesus talks about how that change of heart might look - we don't take revenge, we don't hate, we don't lust.... Jesus tells us that all the laws hinge on two things - loving God and loving others... now, that is a NEW HEART and it happens to each of us when we invite the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Christ's intention, with the discussion of lust and adultery, is not to give us an out when we don't want to be married! It is not intended to tell the injured party they can get out. It's intended to tell us how we should guard our hearts against hatred (so close to murder), lust (so close to adultery) swearing an oath (just say what you mean in the first place) - and so on....

Is adultery biblical grounds for divorce? Apparently so. If lust is tantamount to adultery, is lust grounds for divorce? Maybe so. Are Christians looking for reasons to divorce, or looking for ways to love one another? Ah, therein lies the rub. We can tweak our understanding of almost anything to justify what we want to do... but God's real, true, UN-tweakable law is written on the fleshly tables of our hearts. Each of us knows what we are doing, no matter how it looks, or what the letter of the law says we can or cannot do. We are in the era of the spirit of the law and that is A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY....

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 30 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Nandina,

Beautifully written!!!! Amen.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 30 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well said, Nandina. Untweakable! giggle.gif I likes that one

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 30 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 30 2007, 04:43 AM) *
I'm sure there must be an appropriate Forum in which to discuss this issues. Just seems like offtopic.gif in this particular thread, if you are not referring to the 3abn saga.

Oh, it was on topic here, but first things first.

My point was if everyone is not on the same page with the same definitions, and the same understanding of the scriptures, and principles and laws; then it does no good to discuss how they do or do not apply to the Sheltons, or anyone else.

Anyway people here turn a blind eye to anything Linda Shelton did and are willing to excuse it in the name of being loving "Who cares if she chose another man rather then her husband, and her ministry, they had no right to tell her she couldn't have him, and you can't prove that was adultery". "Who cares if she did all that you say she did, and is still doing that, you are supposed to forgive and forget and be loving to her"

These same people so concerned about love are willing to accuse a ministry of God day and night, and remove them from their positions, and have done a whole lot of exposing and public accusations, and they also call that love. They have never acted toward Danny Shelton, the 3ABN board or any and all they have constantly criticized and judged as they ask those they disagree with to act toward Linda.

( did you hear the one about Danny being an adulterer with Brenda Walsh while married, and how they claim he is a adulterer with Brandy too?!? Anybody posting here following their own advice and counsel here in this thread and treating Danny the way they say Linda should be treated? Any of them upset with the people accusing Danny and exposing him?)

Sin needs to be rebuked they say, but only when it is those they are accusing.

They forgot this whole stinking mess happened when sin was rebuked, and dealt with because love and care and counseling weren't accepted. They took exception to what they called references and exposing of Linda and what she'd done, and yet, they have said and have done so much more then they could ever lay at 3ABN's door.

It makes no sense. It is extreme hypocrisy and it makes me feel ill.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 30 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Cindy, besides the fact that there is absolutely no proof that linda chose anybody over Danny, subsequent events seem to show that Danny chose another woman. Now, I jes saying, 'cuz I already explained that I beleive int he " if it walks like a duck" school of thought. Facts as were presently know them......Linda: not married, Danny: married before the inked dried on the papers after winning the contested Guam divorce appeal......to the woman who just appeared at 3ABN needing aplace to stay and a job a couple of months after Linda's departure.....and after some personal Bible study time............... Gurl please! You must remember, we didnt' buy the "spiritual adultery" thing when Danny brought it, and I didn't even know who he was. It is still a lie three years later.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 30 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 30 2007, 10:38 AM) *
Cindy, besides the fact that there is absolutely no proof that linda chose anybody over Danny, subsequent events seem to show that Danny chose another woman. Now, I jes saying, 'cuz I already explained that I beleive int he " if it walks like a duck" school of thought. Facts as were presently know them......Linda: not married, Danny: married before the inked dried on the papers after winning the contested Guam divorce appeal......to the woman who just appeared at 3ABN needing aplace to stay and a job a couple of months after Linda's departure.....and after some personal Bible study time............... Gurl please! You must remember, we didnt' buy the "spiritual adultery" thing when Danny brought it, and I didn't even know who he was. It is still a lie three years later.

Don't forget his saying that Brandy had been pursuing him "for years"... but hey... when has Danny's camp let a little truth get in the way of a convenient lie...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 30 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Aug 30 2007, 04:25 AM) *
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 29 2007, 11:34 AM) *

[i]I have a question. Actually I've had it for quite awhile.

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. [/b]

Respectfully,
Willow

Willow,

You made some excellent observations. Your opinion is fully valid.

Some of the new posters are having the same problem as I had in the beginning. That is how to let our quotes stay in a frame. Our problem is that we have deleted the final sign. We must not erase the "/quote" that is within these brackets []. If we should erase it we should write it again at the end of the quote.

Now I hope mine turns out this time!!!

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 30 2007, 08:50 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 30 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 30 2007, 04:45 PM) *
Don't forget his saying that Brandy had been pursuing him "for years"... but hey... when has Danny's camp let a little truth get in the way of a convenient lie...

In His service,
Mr. J

Wasn't it 17 - to be exact? And he was true to his marriage vows all those 17 years, was he? Did that give Linda reason to request a divorce or not? At least she didn't.

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 30 2007, 08:58 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 30 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 30 2007, 04:37 PM) *
Oh, it was on topic here, but first things first.

My point was if everyone is not on the same page with the same definitions, and the same understanding of the scriptures, and principles and laws; then it does no good to discuss how they do or do not apply to the Sheltons, or anyone else.

- - -
They forgot this whole stinking mess happened when sin was rebuked, and dealt with because love and care and counseling weren't accepted. They took exception to what they called references and exposing of Linda and what she'd done, and yet, they have said and have done so much more then they could ever lay at 3ABN's door.

Aletheia,

in one of your recent posts you emphasized the importance of what is in your heart, didn't you. What do you think of what this judge wrote to Linda just a few days ago?

Hello Linda:
I want to start by saying I am not a member of the Adventist Church. But in many ways I was a regular visitor of your TV programming. Frankly, the only thing I did not like about the TV program was when you and Danny had segments together. I really did not feel that Danny ever treated you with respect and continually put you down for one reason or the other. I continually asked the question to myself, why is God allowing this to happen? I felt Danny's treatment was so glaring I could not understand why he was not disciplined for his behavior. Once you left it was apparent as a viewer that you just disappeared into space, because no talk, discussion or any acknowledgement that you had ever existed. I have prayed for you often and am pleased to know that you are still alive, after all, I had no way of knowing if you were dead or alive. I called on the phone regarding a phone number for you and did many internet searches on how to contact you with no success as well. God bless you my dear.

By background, I am the . . .Judge for the . . .. I have a lot of experience with divorce cases believe me. I also have many life issues. . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 30 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 30 2007, 09:37 AM) *
Anyway people here turn a blind eye to anything Linda Shelton did

That statement is a blatant untruth. You might want to be careful about your rash generalizations!!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 30 2007, 09:37 AM) *

Perhaps it is your own attitudes and misperceptions that are making you feel ill...dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Aug 30 2007, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church