Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
PeacefulBe
post Jun 7 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 6 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]198666[/snapback]

Maybe AToday has picked up on the story. Someone sent me this email. I could not find the link on AToday.com

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up From ATODAY.com

Oops, did not see that you had posted this Whtz Happenin Deleting mind.

Calvin,

I received the AT story by email last evening. I couldn't Google it so it may not be posted on the AT site yet. I found the email newsletter for April and May online, but not for June.

One must wonder if there is an AT reporter lurking around here at BSDA! Seems the article pretty much covers our discussion since SSOM posted the email.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Jun 7 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

A phone call to AF at 800-434-3880 to let them know that you cannot support their ministry if their is a merger with DS & his TV ministry could go a long way. Especially if enough people make the call.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Jun 7 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

OOPS! My mistake... That number is 916-434-3880

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 7 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(lowender @ Jun 7 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]198768[/snapback]

OOPS! My mistake... That number is 916-434-3880

Thank you for that, lowender, and ....welcome.gif.......!!!

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 7 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

This afternoon I recieved a second message from Elder Dabrowski. As I had informed him that I would publish his response to me, exactly as he sent it, and without editorial revision, I so post it here, in full, exactly as I have recieved it.

Dear Brother Matthews

Thank you for your enquiry which I received while traveling in another part of the world. I am still on the road. In reference to your communication, and a comment you are quoting from the Internet chat forums, may I share with you the following:

The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has received a number of inquiries into the status of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) as a supporting ministry of the Church. There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN, the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production. This approach does not reflect that the General Conference is taking any particular position in issues which are under the purview of the Board of Directors of 3ABN, which is an independent supporting ministry. The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 7 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #126

500 + posts
Group Icon

The General Conference has now acknowledged that they have advised some restrictions on involvement with 3-ABN.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 7 2007, 04:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 7 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

....and so it seems neither will they ever put it in writing......just let it kind of meander down the grapevine, as it is doing now............ smile.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 7 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 7 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]198813[/snapback]

Yes. That is the statement that he sent me a bit ago, and that I have just posted in the other thread.

Yes, the General Conference has not acknowledged that they have advised some restrictions on involvement with 3-ABN.

I'm confused!

What has the GC acknowledged and what have they not acknowledged???

And why don't they care about "issues under the purview of the board of 3ABN" just because it is an independent ministry! There are many Seventh-day Adventists waiting for guidance from church leadership to know how they should relate to 3ABN!

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 7 2007, 02:05 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Jun 7 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 7 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]198815[/snapback]

....and so it seems neither will they ever put it in writing......just let it kind of meander down the grapevine, as it is doing now............ smile.gif

I guess dripping slowly down the grapevine is better then doing nothing, but i sure wish and fail to understand why a stronger postions is so very hard for them to take.

maybe i will email that one fellow and ask.

erik

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 7 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Then Ariste I suggest that als0 in this instance they look to the Holy spirit for guidance. GC is clearly playing word games here. Clearly they need to stand for something, because it seems to most that they are falling for anything.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]198816[/snapback]

I'm confused!

What has the GC acknowledged and what have they not acknowledged???

And why don't they care about "issues under the purview of of the board of 3ABN" just because it is an independant ministry! There are many Seventh-day Adventists waiting for guidance from church leadership to know how they should relate to 3ABN!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 7 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #131

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Jun 7 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]198817[/snapback]

I guess dripping slowly down the grapevine is better then doing nothing, but i sure wish and fail to understand why a stronger postions is so very hard for them to take.

maybe i will email that one fellow and ask.

erik

Folks, this is progress. We should celebrate such.

No, we cannot assume that they do not care. This statement implies care.

It clearly tells us that there is more going on in regard to 3-ABN than they have previously acknowledged. We may critic them for not telling us more. But, let us celebrate for what they have told us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 7 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok Pastor, you are right........I ahve been told on more than one occasion when addressing difficult issues that administration move very slowly, but for good reason. I will go with that.
QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 7 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]198820[/snapback]

It clearly tells us that there is more going on in regard to 3-ABN than they have previously acknowledged. We may critic them for not telling us more. But, let us celebrate for what they have told us.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 7 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 7 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]198820[/snapback]

I am sorry--I do not celebrate their handling of this matter.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 7 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]198822[/snapback]

I am sorry--I do not celebrate their handling of this matter.

I am not asking you to hold a general revival to celebrate their overall handeling of this matter.

I am saying that Elder D. said more than I expected him to say at this time. This is a very public acknowledgement that the GC is advising caution. I did not expect this much at this time. It also implies that there is more going on than we are aware of. I am thnkful for that implication.

Yes, I think that we have someting to rejoice over. Yes, there is more work to be done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 7 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

"Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN"...."the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production........ The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.

If you concentrate on the "meat" of the statement, I found lot for us to be encouraged about here.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 7 2007, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church