Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
mikell
post Jun 7 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #136

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 7 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]198834[/snapback]

"Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN"...."the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production........ The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.

If you concentrate on the "meat" of the statement, I found lot for us to be encouraged about here.

Agree! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jun 8 2007, 09:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 7 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

for someone who is never "vague" in the expression of my thinking, let me see if i understand this.
the GC has not made a "statement" on the "status" of 3ABN as a "supporting" ministry of the church org. however, on the other hand, the GC is withholding all "support" to 3ABN by means of preventing all GC associates from being involved in 3ABN productions or any 3ABN associates being involved with GC productions for the time being. ??
to be more concise: the GC has cut all future "production" ties with 3ABN just in case the allegations are realised. is that correct?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 7 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #138

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]198816[/snapback]

I'm confused!

What has the GC acknowledged and what have they not acknowledged???

And why don't they care about "issues under the purview of the board of 3ABN" just because it is an independent ministry! There are many Seventh-day Adventists waiting for guidance from church leadership to know how they should relate to 3ABN!

You should be confused. I wrote "not" when I wanted to write "now." I make that kind of error quite often. I have corrected it in my first post.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 7 2007, 06:13 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 7 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 7 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]198852[/snapback]

You shoud be confused. I wrote "not" when I wanted to write "now." I make that kind of error quite often. I have corrected it in my first post.

Thank you for the clarification. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jun 7 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

The General Conference of the SDA Church has now acknowledged that they have placed some restrictions on their involvement with 3ABN.

This is a step in the proper direction. It will be interesting to see what the next steps are and when.

I would also say that it was the email sent out by the Conference President in the Victoria Conference in Australia that resulted in further communication from the General Conference.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 7 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

If indeed the 3abn board is "purviewing" these "administrative issues" as the GC person said, then my guess is that this is something that they feel they didn't bargain for when they signed on to be board members. As I understand it, the 3abn board has never provided any oversight or even consultation to Danny. They have probably have been led to believe there is nothing amiss. If I recall correctly they are made up of business people and others who likely have many obligations and responsibilities, and who I think are scattered around the country. If in fact they are going to rectify anything, it is not something that can be done in a meeting or 2, in Denver or Tville.
I don't envy being in thier shoes. Resignations? There might be some angry board members if they learn to what extent they have been conned.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 7 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #142

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: Australian Union Conference

Hi *****, no I have not seen any confirmation of this message.

Best wishes,
Jim

##########################################

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the link to the chart. That was very helpful!

Have you received the directive from the GC that Denis Hankinson emailed to my associate? Several folks have brought comments from other GC officials that this may not be entirely accurate information. I have several people telling me that it would not be like Denis Hankinson to misrepresent such a serious matter.

Blessings,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:48 PM

Subject: Re: Australian Union Conference

Hello *****, sorry for the delay...this got buried in my inbox and I just now saw it again.

The Australian Union Conference is part of the South Pacific Division. They are all territories of the General Conference. Just like the Pacific Union Conference (ours) is part of the North American Division. The General Conference is divided into 13 world divisions. You can get a good view of them all at the GC website: http://www.adventist.org/world_church/worl...s/index.html.en

I hope this helps.
Jim

#############################################

Good Morning Jim,

An acquaintance of mine received the following email from Denis Hankinson, President of the Australian Union Conference and member of that Conference's Executive Committee.

Can you tell me what relationship the AUC has with our US General Conference? Are they a GC member or an entity unto themselves? It speaks poorly of me as a 40-year member of our denomination not to understand the church structure but I have been working on building a better understanding ever since I first spoke to you and realized that I had no idea that you were our NCC President! Some of us are late bloomers.... but there is always hope!

Blessings,

Date: 06/01/07 00:07:37
Subject: Updates from SPD Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committees

Greetings

Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended.

Division Administrators -

Update on 3ABN (bold emphasis mine)
The General Conference has suspended 3ABN Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution.

(edited rest of content in email not relating to this item)
Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
President - Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victoria)

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
lowender
post Jun 7 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Is it 3ABN that we want to see ended? NO! The problem is DANNY SHELTON. He has turned this ministry into a mafia. There are good people that work there who would be very capable of operating that ministry smoothly & honestly. The removal of Mr. Shelton from 3ABN has to be the goal here, not the end of 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jun 7 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #144

Advanced Member

I agree in the fact that we, myself included, do not want to see the demise of 3ABN, but do want to see administrative changes within 3ABN.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 7 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Isn't that what is meant by administrative issues -the administration or the leadership at 3ABN? Not the ending of 3ABN?

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jun 7 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Yes, lurker, that is what I would think it means.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
lowender
post Jun 7 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

The GC may censor 3ABN in some way or another. But truthfully, we all know that the GC cannot make Danny step down. Danny Shelton is trying to press this merger with AF to save his own neck. He wants to use this to say "Look here... Doug Batchelor agrees with my divorce. Everyone else is wrong."

The key is to let AF know that your support for them will end if they merge with Danny Shelton.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 7 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #148

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

You seem just a little to quick to accuse the conference of not caring. Which seems to be the underlying theme of a number of your posts. BMTJM dunno.gif

We, as adults, do not need to be told, as if adults do not have the ability to pray and be led by the Holy Spirit, "how" to relate to 3abn. I can not speak for you, nor will I try. Frankly, I do not need the church leadership to tell me how to relate to anything.

Be Blessed

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 05:02 PM) [snapback]198816[/snapback]

I'm confused!

What has the GC acknowledged and what have they not acknowledged???

And why don't they care about "issues under the purview of the board of 3ABN" just because it is an independent ministry! There are many Seventh-day Adventists waiting for guidance from church leadership to know how they should relate to 3ABN!

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 7 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(lowender @ Jun 7 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]198873[/snapback]

The GC may censor 3ABN in some way or another. But truthfully, we all know that the GC cannot make Danny step down. Danny Shelton is trying to press this merger with AF to save his own neck. He wants to use this to say "Look here... Doug Batchelor agrees with my divorce. Everyone else is wrong."

The key is to let AF know that your support for them will end if they merge with Danny Shelton.

lowender
I understand and agree with your theory. Better than any I can come up with.

Yes the key issue... don't merge or we cut off support.

Rosyroi (Little nobody person in the pew making her little squeaky threats.)

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jun 7 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #150

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 4 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]198222[/snapback]

Y'all excuse me a minute while I remove my tiara................ Dang!!!!! Ok hold on a minute............ angel_not.gif ....Ok I'm back.......

...and you know DIS!

snack.gif -ing like I'm starving and watchin' a movie....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church