Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
Denny
post Jun 11 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #211

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 10 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]199273[/snapback]

that's a code word for all music that is not eurocentric in nature.... don't get us started...

Believe it.....their 'music of African origin' allergy is showing roflmao.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 11 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #212

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I don't think they sing any music on 3ABN of African origin at all. In fact I have heard very few songs that I recognized when I do watch, including hymns......I thought there songs they wrote or something..........It definitely aint' like they invited CeCe to sing....... dunno.gif

Now,I did hear af ew songs that I knew when they had 10C weekend, and when they have people like Pastor Phipps sing. However as far as the weekly show........they definitely don't eve approach anything African or African American in origin............they have to have somebody balck to sing a spiritual, and I think they have a "acceptable" list for that even....no top tappin', hand clappin', nuthin'....jes stand there and sing...close your eyes and tilt your head back if you really mean it. LOL!!

QUOTE(Denny @ Jun 11 2007, 03:42 AM) [snapback]199363[/snapback]

Believe it.....their 'music of African origin' allergy is showing roflmao.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Jun 11 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #213

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 11 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]199460[/snapback]

I don't think they sing any music on 3ABN of African origin at all. In fact I have heard very few songs that I recognized when I do watch, including hymns......I thought there songs they wrote or something..........It definitely aint' like they invited CeCe to sing....... dunno.gif

Now,I did hear af ew songs that I knew when they had 10C weekend, and when they have people like Pastor Phipps sing. However as far as the weekly show........they definitely don't eve approach anything African or African American in origin............they have to have somebody balck to sing a spiritual, and I think they have a "acceptable" list for that even....no top tappin', hand clappin', nuthin'....jes stand there and sing...close your eyes and tilt your head back if you really mean it. LOL!!

Okay Di, are you going to laugh at me if I ever sing in public? sad.gif Cause I sure close my eyes and tilt my head back. I'm singing praises to God, not people. Does that not make me black ( I stopped at black, can't get with the African American movement yet) cause I don't toe tap and hand clap in public? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 11 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #214

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 11 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]199460[/snapback]

I don't think they sing any music on 3ABN of African origin at all.............they have to have somebody black to sing a spiritual, and I think they have a "acceptable" list for that even....no top tappin', hand clappin', nuthin'....jes stand there and sing...close your eyes and tilt your head back if you really mean it. LOL!!

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 11 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #215

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Naw, Gurl. Most singers I know do the same thing. My point is that is as far as they can go on 3ABN( and at GC for that matter), to the point that it is probably inferred or even mentioned, instead of just letting the singer minister as God leads them. IOW, there is no allowance for the guidance of Holy Spirit.

The way you sing and express praise to God, is yours and your praise belongs to Him. He alone can say whether it is acceptable, not me. It is not for me. If I am giving my own priase, I don't have time to be worried about yours. Neither will you hear me ever critize another's praise given to God. Part of the problem is, for the most part when we come to church or when it come to things of God our focus is horizontal instead of being veritcal, Therefore, we are constantly worried about what our neighbor is doing, and if it is "acceptable to God. Put bluntly, that is none of our business. It is God's house,a nd God's child. Let Him handle His business. At the moment the thing which is most unacceptable to God is us judging another. As they say, "He is God all by Himself, He don't need nobody's help" no mater how well intentioned.

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Jun 11 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]199463[/snapback]

Okay Di, are you going to laugh at me if I ever sing in public? sad.gif Cause I sure close my eyes and tilt my head back. I'm singing praises to God, not people. Does that not make me black ( I stopped at black, can't get with the African American movement yet) cause I don't toe tap and hand clap in public? dunno.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 11 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 11 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]199465[/snapback]

Naw, Gurl. Most singers I know do the same thing. My point is that is as far as they can go on 3ABN( and at GC for that matter), to the point that it is probably inferred or even mentioned, instead of just letting the singer minister as God leads them. IOW, there is no allowance for the guidance of Holy Spirit.

The way you sing and express praise to God, is yours and your praise belongs to Him. He alone can say whether it is acceptable, not me. It is not for me. If I am giving my own priase, I don't have time to be worried about yours. Neither will you hear me ever critize another's praise given to God. Part of the problem is, for the most part when we come to church or when it come to things of God our focus is horizontal instead of being veritcal, Therefore, we are constantly worried about what our neighbor is doing, and if it is "acceptable to God. Put bluntly, that is none of our business. It is God's house,a nd God's child. Let Him handle His business. At the moment the thing which is most unacceptable to God is us judging another. As they say, "He is God all by Himself, He don't need nobody's help" no mater how well intentioned.

Well, again, being from Southern California, I can't really relate to all these musical restrictions... We're doing good to have people that even believe in basic Biblical doctrines (like creationism). There's not too much worry about clapping or toe tapping. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 11 2007, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 11 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #217

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The same here in Northern CA. we got over all that a long time ago.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 11 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]199474[/snapback]

Well, again, being from Southern California, I can't really relate to all these musical restrictions... We're doing good to have people that even believe in basic Biblical doctrines (like creationism). There's not too much worry about clapping or toe tapping. smile.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Jun 11 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 11 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]199465[/snapback]

Hello walls, Preach Sis!

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jun 11 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #219

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 11 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]199460[/snapback]

Exactly they have an allergy they avoid the genre....

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 11 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #220

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Denny @ Jun 11 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]199485[/snapback]

Exactly they have an allergy they avoid the genre....

Actually I doubt they even know what "genre" they are avoiding. It's mainly a matter that "if it 'moves' you it's sinful".... end of discussion.

Doesn't matter what its heritage or pedegree is... if it triggers a motion of your toes, arms, hands, torso... (especially the latter)... happydance.gif..... it's devil music for sure. .... yes.gif ...... bangin.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 30 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #221

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 4 2007, 08:03 PM) *
This morning I received this through the email. I have waited for the person who sent it to post it. Since they have not, I am posting it.

There were several other items of interest that I feel are good moves by our General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

I am also waiting for confirmation that this is indeed fact. I spoke to Mollie this AM. She had no idea what I was talking about. I referred her to BSDA.

How is it that Mollie Steenson had "no idea" of what Fran was talking about on June 4, 2007, when the topic of the Australian action was covered in Mollie's Affidavit signed on May 9, 2007, a month earlier, referring to Exhibit J?

[Edited and Highlighted Portions From Exhibit J]

To: Moses Primo;Danny SHELTON
Sent: 4/26/2007 7:32:13 AM
Subject: Action by the South Pacific Division against 3ABN

Hi Moses and Danny,

I don't know if Dr Walt or Mollie have made you aware of an email I forwarded to them last Friday but I thought I would send it on to you just in case you don't know about it.

http://www.save3abn.com/3abn-and-danny-v-j...-exhibits.htm#j

I'm just asking, since I find the sequence of events confusing. I see an affidavit about Australia signed on May 9 from Mollie, and Fran saying Mollie has "no idea" in the following month (on June 4) when Fran called Mollie about the situation. Maybe somebody could clarify this.

After all, 3ABN wants people to call 3ABN for the actual truth, don't they? But if 3ABN has absolutely "no idea" about these things, even after their general manager has apparently signed an affidavit mentioning it, how can people properly respond to 3ABN's wishes?

Or, maybe, I'm just confused? Maybe Fran was really calling 3ABN to ask about Green Chinese Pottery, and Mollie had no idea about it?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 30 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #222

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 30 2007, 08:23 AM) *
How is it that Mollie Steenson had "no idea" of what Fran was talking about on June 4, 2007, when the topic of the Australian action was covered in Mollie's Affidavit signed on May 9, 2007, a month earlier, referring to Exhibit J?
http://www.save3abn.com/3abn-and-danny-v-j...-exhibits.htm#j

I'm just asking, since I find the sequence of events confusing. I see an affidavit about Australia signed on May 9 from Mollie, and Fran saying Mollie has "no idea" in the following month (on June 4) when Fran called Mollie about the situation. Maybe somebody could clarify this.

After all, 3ABN wants people to call 3ABN for the actual truth, don't they? But if 3ABN has absolutely "no idea" about these things, even after their general manager has apparently signed an affidavit mentioning it, how can people properly respond to 3ABN's wishes?

Or, maybe, I'm just confused? Maybe Fran was really calling 3ABN to ask about Green Chinese Pottery, and Mollie had no idea about it?

Well, that is quite confusing! I would hate to think that I have also been given less than the actual truth when I have contacted folks at 3abn for answers.

Perhaps it was just a case of something getting lost in translation in that June 4 phone call between Mollie and Fran.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 30 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #223

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 30 2007, 11:32 AM) *
Well, that is quite confusing! I would hate to think that I have also been given less than the actual truth when I have contacted folks at 3abn for answers.

Perhaps it was just a case of something getting lost in translation in that June 4 phone call between Mollie and Fran.

We'll call it The Case of the Lost Translation.

( Well, it works for me. smile.gif )

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 30 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #224

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 30 2007, 09:49 AM) *
We'll call it The Case of the Lost Translation.

( Well, it works for me. smile.gif )

Translation problems. Of course! Australian-to-English translations have always been rough... especially the names of months. It is very difficult for translators to get unpronounceable Australian words like "June" translated to the distinctly American English word, "June." We don't even want to talk about that dastardly Australian word, "May." Argh!!! Try translating that and arriving at the word "May."

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 30 2007, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 30 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #225

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 30 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Translation problems. Of course! Australian-to-English translations have always been rough... especially the names of months. It is very difficult for translators to get unpronounceable Australian words like "June" translated to the distinctly American English word, "June." We don't even want to talk about that dastardly Australian word, "May." Argh!!! Try translating that and arriving at the word "May."

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church