Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13833&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:30:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Confirms Real Estate Transaction, & Hints of Piano Sale Besides
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 24 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

If you do a search here on BSDA you will find the Stephen Lewis name. Not sure it's the same one but my guess is that it is.

Pickle or anyone, are you absolutly certain that the exchange between DS and LS about the horses is real? The real estate deal is older and harder to understand but the apparent tax cheating about the horses is easy and would be worth sharing with Danny's adoring fans smile.gif

Richard

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Jun 24 2007, 06:29 AM) [snapback]201136[/snapback]

Over on Save 3ABN.com, the one involved in a horse deal with Danny in 2005 is named as "Stephen Lewis" and said to be a ministry leader. Does anyone know this ministry leader? Is he still leading an approved ministry?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 24 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Pickle)

I think the objective reader will think that, on the service, Linda comes out looking pretty good in the "Cash Receipts for $40,000 for Two Donated Horses!" story now on Save3ABN.com. She argues with Danny in favor of following what ends up being IRS's standard rules, and Danny tries to argue against what her accountants have advised her.

I read the links. Here's another idea from reading this posted email from DS to LS...

The horse buyer laughed his sockes off. He was offering and average of $250.00 per yearling for the two black and white homozygous's. He offered $600 for our big 3 yr old Drum N Up Spots filly. and $500 for a nice two year old black and white Little Spook filly. He offered $350 for our baby paint sort of buckskin colored homo baby.

I sent him home quickly.

I have another horse buyer coming, maybe, this week. He probably won't offer much more.

If you want me to give some of them away for those kind of prices I will, but I thought I would try a couple other options first.

(understanding horse-trader deals) If she'll agree to these low figures (the bidder indicates they're not worth very much, you see) go ahead and give her the low offer and don't tell anyone you actually sold them for a whole lot more. :wink:

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 24 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

There are ways to know how much the horses are worth and what they sold for. It is traditional to play on the names of ancestors in the pedigree of horses.

Spookie Demon Do Paint
Pedigree for Spookie Demon Do, photos and offspring from the All Breed Horse Pedigree Database. ... Breeder: Danny L.Shelton,Thompsonville,IL.

Jjs Gold Moon Paint
Owner @reg.:Double J Ranch. Later owned by: Danny Shelton,Thompsonville,IL. 11x Grand,6x Res. Open ROMs in HUS,Barrels, ...

So any of Danny's young horses with spookie or spook in its name is probably a descendent of Spookie Demon Do or is in that line. In his list of horses he had are Spookes Black Star, Q Tons Black Spook, Spookies Black Beauty and Spookies Colormaker and others. Any with the name Gold is probably a descendent of Jjs Gold Moon. Zans Genuine Gold is probably an offspring or in the line of Jjs Gold Moon and Genuine Doc. You see how it works.

To have a pedigree with Genuine Doc in the bloodline would probably be a plus. http://www.carolrose.com/GenuineDoc.html

So some of the horses are more valuable and others are much less valuable. It may be that the less valuable horses were shown to the horse buyer in order to set a low value in Linda's mind for all the horses. I would guess that the horses donated to Lewis are the less valuable ones that he wanted to get rid of anyway. A "horse trader" such as Danny is always trying to "trade up" and get a better horse or more money for one of less value but this donation/IRS deduction looks like it went over the line.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 24 2007, 11:36 AM

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 24 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 24 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]201176[/snapback]

There are ways to know how much the horses are worth and what they sold for. It is traditional to play on the names of ancestors in the pedigree of horses.

Spookie Demon Do Paint
Pedigree for Spookie Demon Do, photos and offspring from the All Breed Horse Pedigree Database. ... Breeder: Danny L.Shelton,Thompsonville,IL.

Jjs Gold Moon Paint
Owner @reg.:Double J Ranch. Later owned by: Danny Shelton,Thompsonville,IL. 11x Grand,6x Res. Open ROMs in HUS,Barrels, ...

So any of Danny's young horses with spookie or spook in its name is probably a descendent of Spookie Demon Do or is in that line. In his list of horses he had are Spookes Black Star, Q Tons Black Spook, Spookies Black Beauty and Spookies Colormaker and others. Any with the name Gold is probably a descendent of Jjs Gold Moon. Zans Genuine Gold is probably an offspring or in the line of Jjs Gold Moon and Genuine Doc. You see how it works.

To have a pedigree with Genuine Doc in the bloodline would probably be a plus. http://www.carolrose.com/GenuineDoc.html

So some of the horses are more valuable and others are much less valuable. It may be that the less valuable horses were shown to the horse buyer in order to set a low value in Linda's mind for all the horses. I would guess that the horses donated to Lewis are the less valuable ones that he wanted to get rid of anyway. A "horse trader" such as Danny is always trying to "trade up" and get a better horse or more money for one of less value but this donation/IRS deduction looks like it went over the line.

This reminds me of a poster that was popular back in the 70s. It consisted of a large photo of Richard M. Nixon with this bold caption underneath:

"WOULD YOU BUY A USED CAR FROM THIS MAN?"

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 24 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 24 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]201139[/snapback]

If you do a search here on BSDA you will find the Stephen Lewis name. Not sure it's the same one but my guess is that it is.

Pickle or anyone, are you absolutely certain that the exchange between DS and LS about the horses is real? The real estate deal is older and harder to understand but the apparent tax cheating about the horses is easy and would be worth sharing with Danny's adoring fans smile.gif

Richard

Yes, there are BSDA links to an evangelist named Stephen Lewis. He is a real person. I've met him. I, too, would guess that this is probably the same Stephen Lewis mentioned in the horse-trading episode. The quotation will refresh your memories on our previous discussion.

I agree that the horse episode is rather easy to understand, as compared to the real estate transactions, for which we still do not have all the details to fill in the blanks.

I have to go one step further and wonder how many tax receipts -- if any -- go to 3ABN Board members? Does someone donate a uninhabitable house to a "ministry" and receive a donation receipt for a home resembling the White House or Buckingham Palace?

I've always wondered if and how the wealthy 3ABN board members benefit from hanging around Danny Shelton. Could this receipt idea be the reason?

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/lofiversion....php/t2643.html

QUOTE(Futurist @ Sep 20 2004, 01:17 PM)

This is probally old news to everyone, but it is worth repeating. When Pastor Stephen Lewis came to 3ABN in 2000 with his series, all the "big guns" in SDA evangelism warned the board to not allow him there due to...here were their words. "His preaching will destroy the effectiveness of our ministry". Yes his plain speaking directly to the women there on the 3ABN staff probally is sill rinning in their ears especially every time they start painting their face and lift their leg one at a time to put on mans pants. He did what he could for those stiff neck people with my full approval.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 24 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #126

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 24 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]201209[/snapback]

Yes, there are BSDA links to an evangelist named Stephen Lewis. He is a real person. I've met him. I, too, would guess that this is probably the same Stephen Lewis mentioned in the horse-trading episode. The quotation will refresh your memories on our previous discussion.

I agree that the horse episode is rather easy to understand, as compared to the real estate transactions, for which we still do not have all the details to fill in the blanks.

I have to go one step further and wonder how many tax receipts -- if any -- go to 3ABN Board members? Does someone donate a uninhabitable house to a "ministry" and receive a donation receipt for a home resembling the White House or Buckingham Palace?

I've always wondered if and how the wealthy 3ABN board members benefit from hanging around Danny Shelton. Could this receipt idea be the reason?

I've just been informed I'm wrong: Someone here corrected me and said the wealthy 3ABN board members more likely hang around Danny Shelton due to Danny's sparkling personality. So, please disregard my comments regarding the tax receipts.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 24 2007, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 24 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

One of the perks is being featured and flattered on the air and in print. To be associated closely with the "annointed one" surely has boosted many a reputation and career.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jun 24 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 24 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]201209[/snapback]

Yes, there are BSDA links to an evangelist named Stephen Lewis. He is a real person. I've met him. I, too, would guess that this is probably the same Stephen Lewis mentioned in the horse-trading episode.

I found Stephen Lewis's web page, and he is asking for donations of motor homes for his ministry. He may have bent the rules for the horses, but he certainly knows what they are, according to this page...Here is the link:

http://www.thepresenttruth.org/index.htm

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jun 24 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Jun 25 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]201240[/snapback]

I found Stephen Lewis's web page, and he is asking for donations of motor homes for his ministry. He may have bent the rules for the horses, but he certainly knows what they are, according to this page...Here is the link:

http://www.thepresenttruth.org/index.htm

Is this the same 'Bishop' who has put out a video titled "I preached a lie for ... years"? I didn't know that our clergy worked under the title of 'Bishop'! Oh well, one can learn something new every day! unsure.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 24 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I thought the same thing. I was wondering if he did not consider himself SDA or something but I see he has 3 angels on his site and quotes Mrs. White. An offshoot?

So does anyone know how the DS/LS horse dispute ended?

Richard

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jun 24 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]201254[/snapback]

Is this the same 'Bishop' who has put out a video titled "I preached a lie for ... years"? I didn't know that our clergy worked under the title of 'Bishop'! Oh well, one can learn something new every day! unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Jun 24 2007, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 24 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jun 24 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]201254[/snapback]

This is just too strange...a Bishop preaching the 3 angels message, pleading for the donation of RV's, supposedly accepting horses in return for cash receipts to be used for tax deductions...who is this guy?? I thought we had heard it all or nearly all. What is next in this saga?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 24 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Maybe it's his first name smile.gif I knew a family whose last name was Bishop so why not a first name.

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 24 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]201270[/snapback]

This is just too strange...a Bishop preaching the 3 angels message, pleading for the donation of RV's, supposedly accepting horses in return for cash receipts to be used for tax deductions...who is this guy?? I thought we had heard it all or nearly all. What is next in this saga?

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jun 24 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Maybe he didn't get any motorhomes donated so decided to use horses instead? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 24 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Here's a little more to connect the dots...

Pentecost 2000 by Evangelist Stephen Lewis is now available on DVD with
a total of 11 Discs with a total of 35 1.5 hr sermons. I am making them
available for $20/set. This is an excellent bargain considering the
originals from 3ABN were over $300/set. This just covers my costs. I
want to make them available to any and all who would like a copy.
Comes in two 6-disc DVD cases. I have hundreds of copies available. We
are distributing these like the "leaves of autumn". If anyone would
like copies to distribute please let me know.
victorybyfaith1888@yahoo.com
-Trevor

http://www.groupsrv.com/religion/about212986.html

Go to http://www.temcat.com/Studies.htm and scroll donw about halfway till you see Stephen Lewis's name that links to this site http://www.temcat.com/stephen.htm which is the same person and at the same address as this person on Shepherdwife's link http://www.thepresenttruth.org/index.htm

PS: he's called "EVANGELIST STEPHEN LEWIS" on the temcat website.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jun 24 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jun 24 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]201274[/snapback]

Here's a little more to connect the dots...

Go to http://www.temcat.com/Studies.htm and scroll donw about halfway till you see Stephen Lewis's name that links to this site http://www.temcat.com/stephen.htm which is the same person and at the same address as this person on Shepherdwife's link http://www.thepresenttruth.org/index.htm
PS: he's called "EVANGELIST STEPHEN LEWIS" on the temcat website.

So, could this Lewis fellow get into hot water for this horse thing as well, if he knowingly gave a receipt that was fraudulent? I can't imagine him actually believing that the horses were worth $20,000 each? I know that some are--my son worked in a horse barn where they had one worth 15-20 times that, but it came over from Europe and was a world-class champion jumper.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:30 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church