Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14245&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lawsuit Continues., This is where we are, and what is happening.
Johann
post Oct 15 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Someone just posted this to me. Does it apply to the present case?

The Ten Commandments

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
courthouse is this: You cannot post, "Thou Shall Not Steal," "Thou Shall
Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie," in a building full of
lawyers, judges and politicians, it really creates a hostile work environment!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 15 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #107

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

lol.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 15 2007, 03:34 PM) *
Someone just posted this to me. Does it apply to the present case?

The Ten Commandments

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
courthouse is this: You cannot post, "Thou Shall Not Steal," "Thou Shall
Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie," in a building full of
lawyers, judges and politicians, it really creates a hostile work environment!

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Dec 14 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 14 2007, 04:37 PM) *
yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Just a question about the legal defense fund..................I was not sure where to put this question. scratchchin.gif

What is the status of the fund....can we still give to it?

How is it being handled since both Joy and Pickle have no attorney? I imagine funds are needed so how can we be of help at this time?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 16 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #109

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I hope to have some answers to these questions soon. But for starters, while we don't have to worry about attorney fees, there are some non-negotiables.

For example, it is customary to depose the other side's witnesses that they list on their witness list. In our case, the plaintiffs listed 12 directors, Larry Ewing, and Leonard Westphal.

When we depose these individuals we will need to hire a court reporter, which may charge $25 an hour and $3.20 or $3.35 per page for the transcript. If there isn't a lot of arguing going on, a deposition may run 40 pages an hour, so each hour could run 40 x $3.20 for the transcript plus $25 for just being there. So an 8-hour day could easily run over $1,200 for the court reporter.

How many days will it take to depose the 14 individuals listed on their witness list? How long will just Danny take, given his involvement in so many of the issues?

When one looks at the complaint and all the issues it raises, another question is how many we will need to depose, and where all in the country we will need to travel to do that.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Any further news that can be shared with us here in relation to the ongoing lawsuit?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 13 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Just a question about the legal defense fund..................I was not sure where to put this question. scratchchin.gif

What is the status of the fund....can we still give to it?

How is it being handled since both Joy and Pickle have no attorney? I imagine funds are needed so how can we be of help at this time?

I am repeating myself but I never really got an answer on this about the legal defense fund??

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 14 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Perhaps Pickle can enlighten us all about the status and need of the legal defense fund?

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jan 14 2008, 08:58 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 15 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

All relevant documents in regards to this case and the bankruptcy case are available at PACER.

Here are two of the most recently posted documents in the case,

posted December 18 (53 page affidavit from Jerrie Hayes)
Attached File  JHdoc42121807.pdf ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 31

posted December 28 (25 page affidavit from Jerrie Hayes)
Attached File  JHdoc46122807.pdf ( 1.21MB ) Number of downloads: 31

Both are filled with information that provides interesting insights.

- FHB

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 14 2008, 10:57 AM) *
Perhaps Pickle can enlighten us all about the status and need of the legal defense fund?

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Jan 15 2008, 08:38 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 22 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

For those interested in developing an understanding of the bankruptcy case provided here are some of the original documents establishing the case.

Attached File  GJBankdoc5081407.pdf ( 40.08K ) Number of downloads: 12

Attached File  GJBankdoc1081407.pdf ( 180.57K ) Number of downloads: 6

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 15 2008, 09:51 PM) *
All relevant documents in regards to this case and the bankruptcy case are available at PACER.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 23 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 15 2008, 07:51 PM) *

- FHB

Why Fallible, why didn't you post my response to their motion for a proposed protective order? If you are going to post an affidavit that falsely claims that a proposed protective order was filed with the court back in July, you might as well post my response that points out the discrepancy.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 23 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 23 2008, 08:16 AM) *
Why Fallible, why didn't you post my response to their motion for a proposed protective order? If you are going to post an affidavit that falsely claims that a proposed protective order was filed with the court back in July, you might as well post my response that points out the discrepancy.

Pickle, you've never failed to give your side, spin, opinion, or argument, and tell people what's what and how to think with partial or twisted and out of context quotes and evidence. There is a overabundance of that here IMHO.

Continue as you have and you will have no need to find fault with others for not representing your bias and judgments.

Those others who find fault with your methods and tactics, and don't like such lopsidedness will supply the rest of the story so that those looking to find the truth can examine all, and decide for themselves.

Fair enough?

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 23 2008, 09:41 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 23 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #117

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 23 2008, 10:40 AM) *
Pickle, you've never failed to give your side, spin, opinion, or argument, and tell people what's what and how to think with partial or twisted and out of context quotes and evidence. There is a overabundance of that here IMHO.

Continue as you have and you will have no need to find fault with others for not representing your bias and judgments.

Those others who find fault with your methods and tactics, and don't like such lopsidedness will supply the rest of the story so that those looking to find the truth can examine all, and decide for themselves.

Fair enough?

Truth be told, the side whose side you have taken is no less guilty of what you accuse Bob of here... we are, after all, still waiting for this spiritual adultery smoking gun that has been claimed repeatedly for the last 3+ years and seems to be hiding among Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. As you accuse Bob of, we get the spin, opinion and argument from your side... and indeed an overabundance of your camp's telling "people what's what and how to think with partial or twisted and out of context quotes"... and you've presented no evidence whatsoever... so...weighed in the same balance, you are found equally wanting if not moreso.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 26 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Does anyone know anything about the two forums to be served by 3abn?

I just read it about an hour ago at adventtalk.com blink.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 26 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jan 26 2008, 05:02 PM) *
Does anyone know anything about the two forums to be served by 3abn?

I just read it about an hour ago at adventtalk.com blink.gif

Last I heard everyone, including the horses we rode in on, were going to be served. I think the real question is which camp is the servor. I understand there is an exemption for BSDA posters who have at least 15% of their posts in areas other than 3ABN.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 26 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 27 2008, 10:09 AM) *
Last I heard everyone, including the horses we rode in on, were going to be served. I think the real question is which camp is the servor. I understand there is an exemption for BSDA posters who have at least 15% of their posts in areas other than 3ABN.
-bear

Delusions of grandeur on their part?

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church