Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14245&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:07 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lawsuit Continues., This is where we are, and what is happening.
Ian
post Jan 26 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jan 26 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Does anyone know anything about the two forums to be served by 3abn?

I just read it about an hour ago at adventtalk.com blink.gif

It's best not to listen to rumors...

I also just read the following ridiculousness there. This as far as I can tell is totally false., all of it except that the sub forum was closed down for awhile and it does seem the pinned topics are not pinned anymore.

I don't understand why they didn't just ask Calvin, or another administrator what the deal was.

I'm thinking that Paranoia will destroy ya

Artiste wrote:
Re: Two Forums to be Served Soon By 3ABN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The owners of the other two forums are going to be served soon..."

Is this quote by Stan Jensen hearsay?

He didn't reveal its source...

Did it come from somewhere as a means of intimidation?

BSDA was recently shut down for a while. There appeared to be some intense activity before the shutdown involving moderators by some 3ABN/Danny Shelton supporters.

BSDA is open again but the documentory stories and letters that were pinned at the top have been taken down.

Appletree at BSDA has just suggested that the admins of 3ABN stop the 3ABN discussion.

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 26 2008, 09:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #122

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

BSDA was recently shut down for a while. There appeared to be some intense activity before the shutdown involving moderators by some 3ABN/Danny Shelton supporters.

BSDA is open again but the documentory stories and letters that were pinned at the top have been taken down.

BSDA was not shut down.... the 3abn sub-forum at BSDA was close for a while.... it was done cause some of us are tired of the topic..... the statement "intense activity before the shutdown involving moderators by some 3ABN/Danny Shelton supporters..." what does that mean?

As for the "documentory stories" they are still within the 3abn sub-forum, those who are interested can use the search feature to find them.....

continue on......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 26 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2008, 07:47 PM) *
As for the "documentory stories" they are still within the 3abn sub-forum, those who are interested can use the search feature to find them.....

continue on......

There were letters as well, and tell me again why they are buried and not pinned anymore?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 26 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #124

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 26 2008, 11:14 PM) *
There were letters as well, and tell me again why they are buried and not pinned anymore?

Because I determined that those topics where not anymore important than the current ones being discussed.

This post has been edited by calvin: Jan 26 2008, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 26 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

From what I have seen this evening, it seems to me that Member Number 1 is tired of the poor conduct of members from both sides of this 3abn issue. "Nanny" shouldn't need to be part of Calvin's role as owner of BlackSDA.com, but attitudes have gotten infantile of late. Those reading can clearly see who's lobbing charges and then who's whining about others bringing in information that counters those charges or presents another perspective.

This 3abn forum is a priviledge, not an entitlement for any of us. We failed to behave and have caused unnecessary work for both owner and admins.

I'm just extrapolating here, but perhaps the "burying" of the formerly pinned threads was a consequence of the present tenor of the forum. Perhaps a courtesy has been removed.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 27 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

the threads in question weren't buried, when they were unpinned they took their place in the flow of the discussion wherever that was... if you want to view them and bump them, then simply find them and add a comment as you would any old thread...

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 27 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #127

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 27 2008, 05:25 AM) *
the threads in question weren't buried, when they were unpinned they took their place in the flow of the discussion wherever that was... if you want to view them and bump them, then simply find them and add a comment as you would any old thread...

I guess you didn't like my choice of words - I used them only to descripe their distance in reference to where they were once, up and in plain site - and suddenly they are not. It was only a question.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 27 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 27 2008, 10:17 AM) *
I guess you didn't like my choice of words - I used them only to descripe their distance in reference to where they were once, up and in plain site - and suddenly they are not. It was only a question.

buried suggests that they were deliberately "obscured" or hidden, and that is not the case... any thread that we pin then later unpin will fall chronologically in place according to the date it originated or the date of the last post....

The reason why they were unpinned was already provided.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 27 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 27 2008, 12:51 AM) *
From what I have seen this evening, it seems to me that Member Number 1 is tired of the poor conduct of members from both sides of this 3abn issue. "Nanny" shouldn't need to be part of Calvin's role as owner of BlackSDA.com, but attitudes have gotten infantile of late. Those reading can clearly see who's lobbing charges and then who's whining about others bringing in information that counters those charges or presents another perspective.

This 3abn forum is a priviledge, not an entitlement for any of us. We failed to behave and have caused unnecessary work for both owner and admins.

I'm just extrapolating here, but perhaps the "burying" of the formerly pinned threads was a consequence of the present tenor of the forum. Perhaps a courtesy has been removed.

PB,

I never got back to your post to me in the other thread, but want to say I agree with what you are saying here, and appreciate the tone and thoughts in alot of your latest posts.

Really it is not necessary to have a Nanny or rules and such, if we would all keep in mind that we are Christians with principles and standards we believe in and should be following as individuals. We are Christ's representatives, and if we could learn to keep that in mind, and learn to follow our own convictions and conscience first, rather then trying to get others to do so. silly really... We'd all be better off. The golden rule is a profound one.

I have not always risen to that standard, and sometimes lose sight o it, but I am praying about and trying to do better. I am hopeful and see the evidence here that there are some who could be regarded as being one either side in these issues who are equally commited..

even one can make a difference

About those peaceful waters mentioned by both of us in that other thread?
----------> There's a sea of glass waiting on us.

God bless

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 28 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 27 2008, 10:48 AM) *
PB,

I never got back to your post to me in the other thread, but want to say I agree with what you are saying here, and appreciate the tone and thoughts in alot of your latest posts.

Really it is not necessary to have a Nanny or rules and such, if we would all keep in mind that we are Christians with principles and standards we believe in and should be following as individuals. We are Christ's representatives, and if we could learn to keep that in mind, and learn to follow our own convictions and conscience first, rather then trying to get others to do so. silly really... We'd all be better off. The golden rule is a profound one.

I have not always risen to that standard, and sometimes lose sight o it, but I am praying about and trying to do better. I am hopeful and see the evidence here that there are some who could be regarded as being one either side in these issues who are equally commited..

even one can make a difference

About those peaceful waters mentioned by both of us in that other thread?
----------> There's a sea of glass waiting on us.

God bless

Ian,

Among all of the disappointing contentiousness of late (my own sometimes less than appropriate submissions included), I've noticed an encouraging shift beginning to take place on this forum. The thing that warms this old heart deeply is that it is occurring with some on all sides of these issues.

Yep, one day there will be rejoicing, reunion and praise as we stand on that sea of glass. Perhaps we can have a bit of peace, harmony and joy together while still on the way there.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 30 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #131

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 15 2007, 02:34 PM) *
Someone just posted this to me. Does it apply to the present case?

The Ten Commandments

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
courthouse is this: You cannot post, "Thou Shall Not Steal," "Thou Shall
Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie," in a building full of
lawyers, judges and politicians, it really creates a hostile work environment!

ohmy.gif Tooooo funny rofl1.gif

It's also scary and ironic that DS helped co-write a book on the Ten Commandments
blink.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 3 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

An objective review of the past few months will reveal that changes ae taking place at 3-ABN. A new President has been selected. There are changes that have taken place with the Executive Board. Policies are being put into place.

Some may wish to debate whether or not these changes are what is needed and whether or not they are enough. I am not going to comment on that pont. My central point is that changes are taking place. As we view these events it places responsibility on all parties to these issues to maximize this context to resolve the issues, settle the disputes and build positively for the future.

This is a time for men and women who are in positions of leadership to exercise boldness in seeking to resolve the conflicts that exist.

As things currently stand, 3-ABN, GAJ, and Bob Pickle are locked into litigation that is scheduled to continue into 2009 and/or beyond. This does not have to be. I have stated in the past that there are some issues that can only be resolved by the civil authorities. I continue to believe that is true. But, I believe that there are other issues that can be resolved by the three parties listed above. I believe that the issues included in the current litigation can be resolved outside of a legal process that takes us into 2009 and possibly beyond. If this can be accomplished, this would be in the interests of all.

To accomplish this will take bold leadership on the part of people who are willing to work to reach an agreement that both sides believe to be fair under the circumstances. It will not be an agreement in which either side will get everything that they want. Each side will have to give up some of what they want. Each side will have to be willing to give on some issues that are important to the other side.

In any case, I believe that the potential is here for resolution to be rached on issues relatiing to the current lawsuit, if we have leaders who are willing to exercise bold leadership.

NOTE: I have had comments made to me, which I am not going to discuss further due to confidentiality reasons, that came from people on both sides of this issue that indicate to me that there are people on both sides who wish to reach an appropriate settlement with the other side and resolve the issues without continuing through 2009.

Folks, it is a time for bold leadership. Feel free to quote me on this and to copy this post to any and all that you wish to read it.

I do not believe this will be an easy task. Some of the issues are emotionally loaded. There are some issues that will have to be faced which one side may not want to face. But, resolution will require that they be faced and dwelt with in a manner that both sides consider to be fair. The issue is: Are there men and women of boldness who will be willing to work to accomplish this task?

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 3 2008, 11:52 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 3 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Well I just thought we were going to go 24 hours without a 3abn post smile.gif

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 3 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 3 2008, 01:44 PM) *
Well I just thought we were going to go 24 hours without a 3abn post smile.gif

Richard, I know a good psychiatrist who can help you with your delusions. I have found him to be helpful. Let me know if you want a reference.

NOTE: To those of you who are bound and determined to take everything as literally true, the above is not.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 3 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

There are days when I'm sure I could use one smile.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 3 2008, 03:51 PM) *
Richard, I know a good psychiatrist who can help you with your delusions. I have found him to be helpful. Let me know if you want a reference.

NOTE: To those of you who are bound and determined to take everything as literally true, the above is not.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church