Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14245&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lawsuit Continues., This is where we are, and what is happening.
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #241

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(appletree)
The Bible says...

The Bible says...

Surely his few supporters must be wondering what's wrong with this picture! If they are not familiar with what the bible says...

So what?

Anyone can know what the bible says, but who can understand what it says and then do it? You've demonstrated already your own meaning of "time is short" as has DS by his contradictory action of saying time is short and then planning for retirement. And wouldn't it be best to not remarry than to marry again and then have to live as though he had no wife?

1Cor 7:29 What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none;

You say, "what's wrong with this picture!" Maybe you can answer the question now that you've had your horizens broadened a little.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 4 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #242

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Rather nasty, AT.

Try telling all the folks in the mortgage business that they should have recovered by now.

I am fairly certain that Don Schneider and the union president you refer to do not approve of Danny's covering up of the child molestation allegations against Tommy, and of Walt Thompson's incompetent handling of those allegations.

For Walt to not have contacted even one of Tommy's alleged victims was inexcusable. For him to continue to maintain that his investigation was adequate is even more so.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #243

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 3 2008, 04:27 PM) *
dunno.gif Although he first claimed to be bemused by the posted reference to the claim that they were separated, it doesn't seem he thinks he needs to correct that impression as far as the court goes...

Again for those who have no idea about what we are referring to, Joy filed this with the court:

"debtor declares under penalty of perjury: "My spouse and I are legally separated under applicable non-bankruptcy law or my spouse and I are living apart other than for the purpost of evading the requirements of (symbol) 707( cool.gif (2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code."
dunno.gif

According to Gailon in the same referenced thread above, and in answer to multiple questions asking him what he meant, by posting the following:
"Someone just has to take that very first step...and you certainly know what that is all about, don't you, Johann...Linda has much to thank you for or we would not be where we are today without your efforts...too bad Linda doesn't recognize that and do us the justice of supporting the effort!!! "

After what appeared to be alot of ad hominems, and runaround, Joy finally posted this answer:
"As to the The Linda Mystery, it is simple enough...she had been asked to do some research and get the information back to us and it was not forth-coming, not to mention she seemed to be non-responsive to communication efforts. Following my post, I did speak with her and discovered she had completed the research and had given the package to another to deliver..."

My take and understanding:
So much for her saying nothing and being uninvolved as keeps being claimed by those among the Ds or 3ABN critics who are one-sided and close minded...

This seems further supported by another poster writing to Sunshineonme, and GJ's subsequent open apology:

"Yes, I approached you... both by email and IM to try to privately get the information on why both Bob and Gailon seemed to be posting negative statements against Linda all of the sudden. Why would I approach you? Because I care deeply about Linda's welfare and it appeared there was a level of acrimony developing against her. Because you are in constant contact with both Linda and Gailon and in the past have been completely willing to provide clarification when needed."
scratchchin.gif

edited to add answer to first question...

Edited to add answer to first question?

Not really. You actually edited your post several times for many reasons, up and down. I bolded the areas you edited in during your edits.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 4 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 08:24 AM) *

Not really. You actually edited your post several times for many reasons, up and down. I bolded the areas you edited in during your edits.

But his edits do not change the point or thought of the post. And if he made the changes within 5 minutes, he should be okay.

I agree that people should not change the point or meaning of their post. However, this is not a verbal conversation and it is not instant messaging either, so the same rules do not exactly apply.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 4 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 10:24 AM) *

For one who puts a lot of stock in education, position etc., do you not understand that by persisting in bringing up edits you only make yourself look worse than the one you are trying to make look bad. Most of us here are not as ignorant as you may presume us to be no matter what our education or position in life.

Dona

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 4 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #246

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 4 2008, 08:04 AM) *
Rather nasty, AT.

Try telling all the folks in the mortgage business that they should have recovered by now.

I am fairly certain that Don Schneider and the union president you refer to do not approve of Danny's covering up of the child molestation allegations against Tommy, and of Walt Thompson's incompetent handling of those allegations.

For Walt to not have contacted even one of Tommy's alleged victims was inexcusable. For him to continue to maintain that his investigation was adequate is even more so.

Try to address one question at a time. What I notice far too often is that when you are having to concede a point (or it's more like trying to avoid conceding the point), you slosh around some other allegations, as if to say, well if he wasn't wrong on that one thing, he surely was wrong on the other.

What seems fairly certain to me is that you have got so much invested in this thing, that you are determined to "win" at all costs. Sometimes it is good to take an hiatus and think about what you are doing and why you are doing it - really in your heart of hearts.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #247

500 + posts
Group Icon

For one who puts a lot of stock in education, position etc., do you not understand that by persisting in bringing up edits you only make yourself look worse than the one you are trying to make look bad. Most of us here are not as ignorant as you may presume us to be no matter what our education or position in life.

Respectfully, I think I'd get use to the idea. For "there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." Mat 10:26

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #248

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shiny Penny)
But his edits do not change the point or thought of the post. And if he made the changes within 5 minutes, he should be okay.

I agree that people should not change the point or meaning of their post. However, this is not a verbal conversation and it is not instant messaging either, so the same rules do not exactly apply.

His edits were not within 5 minutes, but several hours.

I've always been amazed how you two can answer for each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 4 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 10:24 AM) *

Yes Dude, I came back and answered the first question.

Only a couple of members were online when I posted and edited my post to do so, and none were even viewing the thread... and no one had replied.

Unless you've been appointed the edit policeman, may I suggest if you really feel you have a legit complaint or grievance that you hit the report button and make it, and let the administrators do their job...

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #250

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 4 2008, 01:21 PM) *
Yes Dude, I came back and answered the first question.

Only a couple of members were online when I posted and edited my post to do so, and none were even viewing the thread... and no one had replied.

Unless you've been appointed the edit policeman, may I suggest if you really feel you have a legit complaint or grievance that you hit the report button and make it, and let the administrators do their job...

First, your use of the pejorative term "dude" brings your true character to the surface.,,and brings back to memory another member of another username.

Many of us are not as interested in your opinions as we are in the way you process your thinking. Continual editing and re-editing, and changing the material, helps unmask that process...at least to those of a deeper wisdom and insight. It's part of what's not said that can be most revealing.

Second, let's not get all balled-up over this voluntary neighborhood watch that's going on. It's done in the name of honor, honesty, and ethics. No one of any maturity is going to ring the administrator's bell over something like this. Both you and Shiny Penny are in training here (internet etiquette). Education too. You should be thankful to any who would help....as unfun as it may be.

BTW, why did you go back today and edt one of your posts you posted yesterday (page 16 of this thread)...some 18 hours later "after the fact" and after many had posted..and after Calvin spelled out the rules? Can't you find it in you to create a new post if you're having second thoughts? That just smacks of utter defiance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 4 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 02:35 PM) *
First, your use of the pejorative term "dude" brings your true character to the surface.,,and brings back to memory another member of another username.

Many of us are not as interested in your opinions as we are in the way you process your thinking. Continual editing and re-editing, and changing the material, helps unmask that process...at least to those of a deeper wisdom and insight. It's part of what's not said that can be most revealing.

Second, let's not get all balled-up over this voluntary neighborhood watch that's going on. It's done in the name of honor, honesty, and ethics. No one of any maturity is going to ring the administrator's bell over something like this. Both you and Shiny Penny are in training here (internet etiquette). Education too. You should be thankful to any who would help....as unfun as it may be.

BTW, why did you go back today and edt one of your posts you posted yesterday (page 16 of this thread)...some 18 hours later "after the fact" and after many had posted..and after Calvin spelled out the rules? Can't you find it in you to create a new post if you're having second thoughts? That just smacks of utter defiance.

What does the way people edit have to do with anything. It does not mean they are up to no good or difiant just because you choose to take it that way. Your response seems to smack of trying to silence someone with whom you do not agree.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 4 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #252

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 4 2008, 03:17 PM) *
Your response seems to smack of trying to silence someone with whom you do not agree.

And of course he cant do that because that's your camp's job...

Maybe if you traded for him for a player to be named later...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #253

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 4 2008, 03:17 PM) *
What does the way people edit have to do with anything. It does not mean they are up to no good or difiant just because you choose to take it that way.

Try rereading Calvin's mild yet kind and earnest reproof to Ian:
I don't really have a problem with you changing or adding to the content of your post as long as it is done minutes [after] the post, before many have read it and quoted you. However if you are making material changes hours or days after the post then you are being dishonest and that is unethical.

If you can't connect the dots I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #254

500 + posts
Group Icon

Ooops, perhaps it was to SP, not Ian.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 4 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #255

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 09:53 AM) *
His edits were not within 5 minutes, but several hours.

I've always been amazed how you two can answer for each other.

LaurenceD - i have no argument with you about the edits. However, if you reread what I wrote, I said that IF he had posted within 5 minutes, he would have been ok.

Since it is getting you worked up, I am trying to avoid editing and if I do, I will do it within 5 minutes and will document exactly what I edited. Does that meet your satisfaction?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church